SYTYCD Superlatives (Best All Star Duet - Round 2)

FrogLenzen

20. Enora & Lorenzo

sytycd couples

13.54 / 20

@kritaaay - 8/20

@FrogLenzen - 9/20

@JC - 10/20

@Zoey - 12/20

@*Diana - 12/20

@*Chris - 13/20

@Erestor - 14/20

@totes4totes - 15/20

@*Amanda - 18/20

@.Rei - 18/20

@taylorkat - 20/20

Benelux Season 3

Modern: "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word” by Isabelle Beernaert

Hip-hop: "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love” by Roberto da Costa

Lyrical Hip-hop: “Wolken (FunX remix)” by Roberto Da Costa

Rumba: “Hou me vast”by Roemjana de Haan & Koen Brouwers

Kriti - 8/20

just going to point to Megan’s write up as I’m sure she will hit all the points I want to hit. Enora Hot. Lorenzo Hot. Backstage Drama. I have nothing else to add.

Derek - 9/20

Lorenzo came back after being injured and the judges loved him sooooo much and kind of dogged on Enora a bit for no reason??? That lowkey made me stan her harder. Their lyrical is a major highlight of the season for me. The best original partnership from this season by far. 

JC - 10/20

I really cannot remember NL that well right now and it was harder to connect because of the language barrier but I remember liking Lorenzo a lot and Enora a bit I believe.

Megan - 15/20

Nigel WISHES he had come up with some of the shenanigans that the Netherlands did for drama. Again, I wish Old IDF was still here so we could go over all of them. But one of the best was in the Top 10 of NL3 where the women got to choose their male partners and Lorenzo was chosen last which was a bit of a surprise considering his status as a fan favorite and in general probably being the second best male dancer. Following Enora's elimination (or maybe before IDK dates) she was interviewed and she was asked about this and she was like "yah...not really that surprising." And if you are ever able to see their rehearsal packages it's not hard to see why. I think in general Enora had a hard time with some of the criticism she would get from choreographers in rehearsals (the peak I think was the 4th liveshow when RoemKoen made her have to leave rehearsal to cry because they kept calling her cold when they were learning the rumba) and Lorenzo was generally not very supportive. Also he had a big ego. So I'm TICKLED that this couple made it. Partially because it means that the cultural footprint of the Benelux season has largely left the drama behind! But I will ALWAYS remember. (Also Natascha and Eldrick also actively did NOT get along).

19. Tamara & Redouan

sytycd couples

12.81 / 20

Megan - 9/20

Zoey - 9/20

Amanda - 10/20

Kriti - 10/20

Derek - 11/20

Rei - 11/20

Patryk - 12/20

JC - 13/20

Gigi - 16/20

Chris - 20/20

Diana - 20/20

Benelux Season 6

Hip-hop: “Dirty Talk" by Steeve Austin

Modern: “Hometown Glory" by Min Hee Bervoets

Tango: “Tanguera" by Peter Bosveld & Ilse Lans

Hip-hop: “Scream” by Vincent Vianen

Megan - 9/20

I don't know if this is a couple I love or two dancers I love that just so happened to be partnered together for four routines. I mean either way they are deserving of a Top 10 spot. I'd say Redouan was also Kameron'd but I do think he's an integral part to all four of their routines together. (IDK couldn't you imagine Joey tho doing the same male parts? IDKIDK let me not talk myself out of this. I do love Redouan).

Kriti - 10/20

Another very strong season but I’m not sure this is the best possible representation of it on this list. Then again, I think the girls that season ate and the boys were just there to support them.

Derek - 11/20

Everyone knows that Megan loves Tamara so I’m not surprised these made the finals. Two hip-hop dancers paired from the beginning of a season??? Shocking!!! Also they are just f*cking hot. Periodt. 

JC - 13/20

I literally have no idea. If they win I will laugh but at least I would not be disgusted.

18. Kate & Jack

sytycd couples

12.72 / 20

Chris - 4/20

Patryk - 4/20

Diana - 6/20

JC - 11/20

Gigi - 15/20

Megan - 16/20

Zoey - 16/20

Kriti - 16/20

Rei - 17/20

Amanda - 17/20

Derek - 18/20

Australia Season 1

Quickstep: "Spider-Man Theme” by Leanne Bampton

Hip-hop: “Singin' In the Rain" by Supple

Lyrical Jazz: "No One” by Juliette "Jet" Verne

JC - 11/20

I liked them kind of but I was Team Graeme and Team Henry. Their Singing In The Rain routine will always be one of my all-time faves.

Megan - 16/20

I am a HATER but it should have been Rhys and Kate instead! "Give It to Me" is a better hip-hop than "Singin' in the Rain." And I stand by that!!!!! The Spider-Man quickstep is good tho. Give us more superhero themed standard ballroom routines.

Kriti - 16/20

I know they’re huge favourites on here and I do enjoy their routines but I was never particularly attached to them or to really anyone on AU1.

Derek - 18/20

It will take more than this for me to stan a partnership that was only paired for 1 week after the Top 10. Plus the extra finale duet is meh and does nothing for them. Yes, their Top 8 week was iconic and explosive but I don’t really think of these two as a “power couple” in the SYTYCD sense because I don’t think their pairing really changed the course of the season. 

17. Vivian & Denden

sytycd couples

12.54 / 20

Patryk - 1/20

Derek - 10/20

Zoey - 11/20

Gigi - 12/20

JC - 12/20

Megan - 12/20

Kriti - 13/20

Chris - 15/20

Diana - 16/20

Rei - 16/20

Amanda - 20/20

Benelux Season 5

Modern: "Wil Niet Dat Je Weg Gaat (Do Not Want You To Leave)" by Isabelle Beernaert

Disco: "Hot Stuff" by Laurent Flament

Lyrical hip-hop: "Diamonds" by Vincent Vianen

Rumba: "Voorbij (Beyond)" by Fame Jana de Haan & Koen Brouwers

Hip-hop: "Scream & Shout" by Steeve Austin

Jazz: "Need You Now" by Laurent Flament

Derek - 10/20

This placement was hard to predict because I think people who are huge fans of Denden aren't necessarily huge fans of Vivian, and vice versa. But they had great duets together. Although I will say that Vivian’s duet with Frederic was probably the routine of the season, so that takes points off of this partnership.

JC - 12/20

I literally have no idea but I think I liked Denden. If they win I will laugh but at least I would not be disgusted.

Megan - 12/20

I never connected with them as much as other couples and other dancers. I mean Kalila was on the same season and I was hyper-focused on her. But after re-watching their routines it would have felt weird to put them LOWER than Lacey/Kameron so I guess they land at #12. That feels fine.

Kriti - 13/20

Also a couple I’m quite attached to but I know their routines together aren’t necessarily as strong as I find them individually. Some of them are really polarising too and I’m not sure I’d have liked them as much if I didn’t enjoy them as dancers (by which I mean their disco and hip-hop, ofc).

16. Talia & Charlie

sytycd couples

12.09 / 20

Megan - 5/20

Patryk - 6/20

Chris - 7/20

Amanda - 7/20

Gigi - 8/20

Kriti - 15/20

Rei - 15/20

JC - 16/20

Derek - 17/20

Zoey - 18/20

Diana - 19/20

Australia Season 2

Quickstep: “Valerie" by Jason Gilkison

Contemporary: “The Battery” by Larrissa McGowan

Contemporary: "Warwick Avenue” by Debbie Ellis Linnert

Jive: “The Boy Does Nothing” by Jason Gilkison

Megan - 5/20

It was a real Toss-up for my #5 spot between Lisa & Vincent and Talia & Charlie but my heart said "The Battery" so here we are. But it's not just "The Battery" it's also "Valerie" and "Warwick Avenue" and "The Boy Does Nothing" (again Australia flexing their ballroom choregraphers and having a ballroom routine being the final "battle" between the top 2 two seasons in a row). Four routines together is twice of Danny/Lacey and equals Tamara/Redouan so when the four routines are maybe the top 4 routines of the season? It was an easy choice. They are the top couple of AU2 and my Top Australian couple.

Kriti - 15/20

I only really see Talia in this partnership or really any of her partnerships.

JC - 16/20

I love Charlie but somehow Talia drags him all the way down to my bottom 5 even among this lackluster Top 20.  :/

Derek - 17/20

Uh oh, another couple that was paired after Top 10. But they get a bit higher than Kate & Jack because I think this pairing did help solidify Talia as the dark horse winner. It also helps that they danced the routine of the season together. I can’t believe that I, a Talia stan, am ranking Talia lower than JC. Ugh and with the finale routines they actually have a decent number of routines together… I’m embarrassed by my ranking now. I guess I was scared they would do too well but now they're in the first set and I'm cancelled

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Superlatives (Best Couple Results: 16-20)

Somehow didn’t realise Jack and Kate were only partnered for a week but I agree with Derek on this. Also low-key sad that most of the Dutch couples are down here but eh, should have expected it. I’m actually not expecting Els and Angelo to win either :(

15. Makenzie & Paul

sytycd couples

11.90 / 20

@kritaaay - 2/20

@*Amanda - 4/20

@Zoey - 4/20

@JC - 6/20

@Erestor - 13/20

@FrogLenzen - 15/20

@*Diana - 15/20

@taylorkat - 17/20

@totes4totes

@*Chris - 18/20

@.Rei - 19/20

US Season 10

Viennese Waltz:  "I'm with You” by Jason Gilkison

Jazz:  "Mannequin" by Sean Cheesman

Contemporary:  "No Day but Today" by Lindsay Nelko

Hip-hop:  "Pretty Lil' Heart” by Dave Scott

Jazz:  "You'll Find a Way" by Sonya Tayeh

Contemporary:  "The Edge of Glory" by Mandy Moore

Kriti - 2/20

Sorry this is 100% a biased ranking. They had their ups and downs and they weren’t even the strongest couple that season (Jasmine and Aaron and even Amy and Fik-Shun should have made this ranking over them, tbh) but whatever, they were my favourites from day one. I’m glad they made it in here.

JC - 6/20

I like both of them but they would not be anywhere close to making my Top 20 couples list.

Derek - 15/20

VW, Jazz, Contemporary, Jazz, Contemporary… not the most diverse journey but I usually try not to hold that against people especially as an unabashed contemporary stan. But I will say that the two Jazz duets are >>>>>>>>>>>> the contemporary ones. They tried to give this couple a *moment* with the hip-hop, which is frankly what the couple needed… something outside of their styles that was unexpected and done well. But even with that Makenzie could not stay out of the bottom. Oh well. This couple ranks lower for me personally because I think Paul is overrated here. And also because it’s dumb that Paul didn’t get any latin with Makenzie. 

Megan - 18/20

Quite frankly a couple that I don't really get. What were their highs? What were their lows? I cannot remember and I'm not going to rewatch their routines. They were solidly FINE their entire run but nothing more than that. If we were going to have a Season 10 Couple then Jasmine H and Aaron would have been the better choice. Makenzie and Paul are a couple for those who believe that Taylor Swift has never had a gay moment in her entire life. (I am writing this on the anniversary of KISSGATE mixed with grant writing anxiety so I am MORE unhinged than usual).

14. Janette & Brandon

sytycd couples

11.27 / 20

Megan - 3/20

Rei - 5/20

Patryk - 5/20

Derek - 6/20

Kriti - 7/20

Amanda - 8/20

Chris - 17/20

Diana - 18/20

Gigi - 18/20

JC - 18/20

Zoey - 19/20

US Season 5

Foxtrot:  "Come Fly with Me” by Louis van Amstel

Disco:  "Loving Is Really My Game” by Doriana Sanchez

Hip-hop:  "What a World” by Dave Scott

Cha-cha:  "Hush Hush; Hush Hush” by Jean-Marc Généreux & France Mousseau

Argentine Tango:  "Libertango" by Miriam Larici & Leonardo Barrionuevo

Jazz:  "Ruby Blue” by Wade Robson

Megan - 3/20

The true power couple of Season 5 and anybody who ranks Kayla and Kupono over them doesn't have eyes. Also, here's Brandon's journey: Foxtrot, Disco, Hip-Hop, Cha-Cha, Argentine Tango, Jazz. The man finally got in his genre for the first time the second routine of Week 5. The man is one of the most technically brilliant contemporary dancers from this show and he got contemporary ONCE in 9 weeks. Anyway, each Brandon/Janette routine is a banger. Even their Week 1 Foxtrot. (Again, in a series whose main ballroom choreographer ISN'T Jason Gilkison, it's hard to make a foxtrot a banger). Their disco is so good that Brandon keeps getting brought back as a DISCO all-star (Just let the man dance some contemporary PLZ). Their hip-hop is so good you can ignore how little Janette does technically (because Dave Scott is an expert in this see: Lacey/Pasha in Season 3). Their cha-cha is incredible. And their week 5 Argentine Tango and Wade Robson Jazz set the standard. (Am I right that this is the first Miriam Larici and Leonardo Barrionuevo tango on this show?). Anyway, STAN Brandon/Janette.

Derek - 6/20

Serve serve serve serve serve serve. Everywhere you look it’s a serve. Sure, they were the chosen ones for the first part of the season but they didn’t fumble whatsoever. They were a true SYTYCD power couple. Paired from the start. Instant frontrunners. Never in the bottom. Danced all different styles. Homerun routines every time. I think this ranking is way too low but at least we got them into the Top 20 where they deserve. 

Kriti - 7/20

probably the couple with the best overall run apart from Els and Angelo, but I have never been that attached to them because I was stanning Jeanine so hard.

JC - 18/20

I don't care about either but Janette was always extremely overrated to me.

13. Katee & Joshua

sytycd couples

11.18 / 20

Rei - 2/20

Zoey - 2/20

Derek - 3/20

Diana - 3/20

Chris - 10/20

Gigi - 14/20

JC - 14/20

Amanda - 16/20

Patryk - 19/20

Megan - 20/20

Kriti - 20/20

US Season 4

Lyrical hip-hop:  "No Air” by Tabitha and Napoleon D’umo

Broadway:  "All for the Best" by Tyce Diorio

Samba:  "Baila, Baila” by Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin

Contemporary:  "Hometown Glory"—Adele    Mia Michaels

West Coast Swing:  "Shake It” by Benji Schwimmer 

Viennese Waltz:  “Iris" by Jean-Marc Généreux & France Mousseau

Bollywood:  "Dhoom Taana" by Nakul Dev Mahajan

Contemporary:  "All by Myself” by Tyce Diorio

Paso Doble:  “Filet" by Jason Gilkison

Lyrical Jazz:  "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room” by Wade Robson

Derek - 3/20

This partnership is iconic. I have no idea what the judges were planning with the couples this season, but I suspect that they did not anticipate this couple to be such a force. They were probably investing in Twitchington (which I think was an amazing partnership as well), especially after emotionally abusing Katee during the Green Mile. But they turned it around and easily because the top male and top female of the season. Maybe my pick as the best pre-Top 10 run of all time? And then they got paired again at Top 6 and a Wade Robson finale routine as a cherry on top. Also they might be the couple with the most duets of all time??? Someone look up that stat for me. 

Joshua has completed his sentence now as far as I know. There’s a lot of things I hope have changed for Joshua after that experience, but most of all I hope his victim is living her best life and never has to think about him ever again.

JC - 14/20

Ugh this is such a terrible group but this couple is difficult for me to rank as I like Katee, but Joshua is horrendous. And I disliked him even before all the abuse so they should probably be even lower than this. Only reason they're not last is because of Katee, but a domestic abuser really has no business winning.

Megan - 20/20

I mean, I guess I can see why Katee made it through, she certainly deserves so. And like 7 years ago this would easily be a top couple. But after Joshua has been accused and arrested for felony assault of his ex-girlfriend, it's hard to really stomach him. Sorry to Katee.

Kriti - 20/20

On the strength of their routines they deserve to have made the final ranking but I cannot in good conscience rank them anywhere higher than last. Sorry Katee.

12. Koine & Kiki

sytycd couples

11.09 / 20

JC - 2/20

Amanda - 6/20

Diana - 9/20

Chris - 9/20

Zoey - 10/20

Megan - 11/20

Kriti - 11/20

Gigi - 13/20

Rei - 13/20

Patryk - 18/20

Derek - 20/20

US Season 14

Salsa:  "Danca Molengo” by Val Chmerkovskiy

Contemporary:  "Both Sides Now" by Travis Wall

JC - 2/20

Ugh I just love them. And apparently they are engaged now. They are PERFECT! Stunning couple and they slayed every routine together. They were both robbed - should have been the TOP TWO! Also they are so hot together, like their babies are going to be absolute WEAPONS!

Megan - 11/20

I bumped them up because they just got engaged and while I disagree they did show the moral fortitude to not exploit their LOVE to try and win SYTYCD 14 (there is nothing I wouldn't exploit about my personal relationships to win $100K so there's that). They did only have 2.5 routines together. So maybe I should rank them a little lower. But they did just get engaged and have true love. SO IDK. 11 it is. Would feel weird putting them above any couples that had more than 2.5 routines together.

Kriti - 11/20

I can’t rank them any higher than this, but I think everyone else will, and I do think they deserve it, so all’s good.

Derek - 20/20

Two routines??? Absolutely not. Them placing this high is a robbery of everyone else. They shouldn’t have been anywhere near the Top 20 Couples of SYTYCD. 

11. Lisa & Vincent

sytycd couples

10.63 / 20

Rei - 4/20

Megan - 6/20

Zoey - 6/20

Kriti - 6/20

Derek - 8/20

Diana - 10/20

Chris - 11/20

Amanda - 12/20

Patryk - 16/20

Gigi - 19/20

JC - 19/20

Canada Season 1

Contemporary:  "Slow Me Down" by Stacey Tookey

Hip-hop:  "Anti-Matter" by Jae Blaze

African Jazz:  "Hlohonolofatsa" by Sean Cheesman

Samba:  "Skip to the Bip" by Dmitry Chaplin

House:  “100% Pure Love” by Sho-Tyme

Megan - 6/20

My Top Canadian couple. I actually wasn't sure where they'd end up when I started ranking the Top 20 couples but it ends up being #6 which feels like a good spot. Lisa and Vincent just had 5 weeks together of great routines including starting the entire Canadian franchise off with "Slow Me Down" and ending their run together with "100% Pure Love." Their middle routines were not as iconic (though their hip-hop is underrated and their African Jazz is maybe my favorite of the genre across the franchise and one of my favorite jazz routines) but they were always solid. They were a solid, mature couple and that's not something you see often in the franchise 10-15 years later.

Kriti - 6/20

alas, I think Lisa also has said some not great things, but I do absolutely love them together and everything they danced together and separately. I think CA1 was really, really strong.

Derek - 8/20

Icons. The first house routine? Arguably the first (and inarguably the best) African jazz routine? The first competitive duet of Canada? They smashed this season and were underrated by Canada. Fantastic couple and definitely deserves Top 20 here. Probably deserved Top 10 tbh. 

JC - 19/20

Gross, Vincent almost pulls them down to last just by himself.

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Superlatives (Best Couple Results: 11-15)
On 12/5/2022 at 12:10 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Donyelle & Benji (US2)

Lacey & Kameron (US3)

Lacey & Danny (US3)

Chelsie & Mark (US4)

Courtney & Gev (US4)

Kayla & Kupono (US5)

Kathryn & Legacy (US6)

Jayme Rae & Daniel (CA2)

Ivy & Robbie (AU3)

Els & Angel (NL2)

Here's the Top 10!

Koine and Kiki were robbed! Everyone else had a double digit rank from me pretty much so I’m pretty shocked that I’m not doing terribly although my #20 is still in of course 🙄

A lot of these couples only ranked high for me due to my dislike of most of the others. 🤣

Kayla and Kupono in the top ten after only delivering one great routine? 

I’m also really confused how Ivy and Robbie made the top ten? :whut: I’m assuming it’s because both slipped through due to a lot of middle rankings? 

13 hours ago, kritaaay said:

Kayla and Kupono in the top ten over Brandon and Janette is horrendous and I say this as someone who likes Kayla a LOT

I ranked both high tbh so I think it’s because of people tanking Brandette ranking 

The only “wth” entry of this top 10 is Ivy and Robbie for me, I can’t remember any of their routines except for that horrendous Lady Gaga Jazz. 

Some others I may also not agree with, but I expected them there

Edited by Erestor

6 hours ago, Zoey said:

I’m also really confused how Ivy and Robbie made the top ten? :whut: I’m assuming it’s because both slipped through due to a lot of middle rankings? 

5 minutes ago, Erestor said:

The only “wth” entry of this top 10 is Ivy and Robbie for me, I can’t remember any of their routines except for that horrendous Lady Gaga Jazz. 

Some others I may also not agree with, but I expected them there

me three!!

I think Ivy/Robbie made the top 10 because all of us hate most of the couples that made it to the top 20 and each of us only got a few of our favorites in. Therefore Ivy and Robbie probably made a lot of our top 10s by default since they are a meh couple (love Ivy, but no to Robbie) but no one would have really strong dislike towards them