SYTYCD Redux: Netflix Edition! (Top 16 Peformance Show on Pg 9!)

Erestor

ERoofhB.jpg

WELCOME TO THE SYTYCD REDUX: NETFLIX EDITION! :w00twave:

THIS IS TOP 20 PERFORMANCE SHOW!

TOP 20 GROUP ROUTINE - JAZZ

vbbyKRA.jpg

"So Am I" (Blake McGrath)

PRODUCER VOICE:

Please welcome your hosts....

TE0PT9Q.jpg

Lars Erickssong and Sigrit Ericksdóttir! :clap:

*Double Trouble plays in the background*

Lars: Welcome back guys!! So happy to be back, there's an amazing show ahead of you!! But first, Happy Pride! :w00tbounce:🏳️‍🌈

Sigrit: Hello! :w00twave: Happy Pride everyone!! 🏳️‍🌈 And thanks for that amazing opening number choregraphed by Blake McGrath which has put us in a great Pride celebration mood! ^_^Like Lars said, we've got another great show prepared for you, and you will get to meet our 10 brand new partnerships for the first time! Our Top 20 dancers will certainly be tested tonight! We will also reveal who you have voted for to win safety for the week - those two dancers will be safe from this week's elimination! After the show ends, as the audience you will be able to vote for your favourites, and three female and three male dancers who get the least votes will land in B3, with one female and one male dancer who received the fewest votes leaving the competition. :kalancry: So remember to vote to keep your faves safe!! ^_^

Lars:  Exactly! I wish we could keep everyone, I love all those kiddos.

Sigrit: That's the nature of the competition, though. :( There can only be one winner! Anyway, let's not waste any more time, and let the show begin! :w00tbounce:

Lars: I was hoping you would say that! Our first couple of the night is....

PERFORMANCE #1: DAPHNE & BERLIN - DISCO
o7SR9rf.jpgPBJftof.jpg

"I Feel Love" (Doriana Sanchez)

Lars:  Couldn't have thought of a better opening to our duets! Love the Disco fever :bobo:

Sigrit: You guys brought so much fun! ❤️ And those lifts were incredible!! Okay, now it's time for another couple...

PERFORMANCE #2: CHLOE & BEAST BOY - RUMBA

8Kyn5HL.jpg4JxNecs.jpg

"Only You" (Jean-Marc Généreux)

Sigrit:  This was so gorgeous! :wub: You two had the perfect chemistry together!

Lars: It was like watching you two having a little special moment on stage, and I absolutely loved it!!

Sigrit: Now it's time for a short break, we will be back soon, don't go anywhere! :w00tbounce:

*** Commercial break ***

ERoofhB.jpg

TE0PT9Q.jpg

Lars: Welcome back to the show!

Sigrit: In case you are just joining us, we are meeting our Top 10 couples tonight! The next couple is...

PERFORMANCE #3: ALLISON & BENNY - HIP-HOP
GQ30xUd.jpgeqngiTl.jpg

"Hustle" (Steeve Austin)

Lars:  Wow, I had no idea you two could be so good in this style! 😮 Another great couple!

Sigrit: We love me some hard-hitting Hip hop routines on this show. :wub: Fantastic job guys! Okay, moving on to the next couple...

PERFORMANCE #4: AIMEE & NUMBER FIVE - CONTEMPORARY

trKRNT1.jpgewLu28V.jpg

"What A Wonderful World" (Sarah Boulter)

Sigrit:  What a beautiful routine!! ❤️ You two danced it so wonderfully!

Lars: I am speechless! This was such a stunning moment on stage. Another perfect couple! I don't know how the viewers are going to choose!

Sigrit: At least it's not the two of us who will have to make those decisions! Thanks guys, now let's meet our next couple...

PERFORMANCE #5: MAX & ERIC - QUICKSTEP

sqEYIo1.jpgnACK2ol.jpg

"Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" (Leanne Bampton)

Sigrit:  This was so much fun! :bobo:It's such a hard dance style, yet you made it look so effortless!

Lars: I was secretly dancing along with you, you made me want to get up there and dance with you! 😄 Good job you two! Okay, our next couple is...

PERFORMANCE #6: SAE-BYEOK & CHARLIE - JAZZ

L30H7w1.jpgSB9hnWy.jpg

"Raveheart" (Sean Cheesman)

Sigrit:  You two absolutely attacked this & killed it like monsters!! :ohyeah:Another couple to watch out for!

Lars: Yeah, the pair of you are definitely powerhouses!! Loved this dance, well done! 😄 Okay, another couple is waiting to perform....

PERFORMANCE #7: ELEVEN & GI-HUN - WALTZ

B6LOtNs.jpgjxbZ81j.jpg

"Danse Macabre, Op 40" (Toni Redpath)

Sigrit:  Wow, this was a very unique, a bit scary & creepy take on Waltz, but you two made it work! :yes:

Lars: I know I sound like a broken record, but I think you two are a perfect match! You two went out for blood out there and massacred it! But in a positive way! :haha: Okay, time for a break, we will be back with our last three couples, don't go anywhere! :w00twave:

*** Commercial break ***

ERoofhB.jpg

TE0PT9Q.jpg

Lars: Welcome back after the break! :w00twave:

Sigrit: We have met 7 out of our 10 new couples, so it's time to find out the rest! 😄 The next couple is...

PERFORMANCE #8: BETH & NICK - JIVE
AQqIRlf.jpgK14whB4.jpg

"Get Down" (Benji Schwimmer)

Lars:  I am totally standing UP for this routine!! What an entertaining & fun dance!! :clap:Excellent job you two!

Sigrit: Fantastic partnership and you two already shine out of your styles! Well done :wub: Okay, our next couple is....

PERFORMANCE #9: STARFIRE & DADDY NICK - CONTEMPORARY

HYeVk9I.jpg1LzGdLr.jpg

"Exit Music (For A Film)" (Blake McGrath)

Sigrit:  Omg, that was so beautiful. :kalancry: You two made me cry!!

Lars: I got goosebumps! What a mature and emotional piece. I really loved it!! Okay, time to meet our last couple of the night...

PERFORMANCE #10: NAIROBI & SIMON - DANCEHALL

vG3OTTR.jpgxMLyiB2.jpg

"Look At That Butt" (Tiana Canterbury)

Sigrit:  That was so HOT!! :dead: Our studio has almost exploded after that performance :ohyeah:This is the ending to the show that we all needed!

Lars: Literally HAWTNESS!! You two are so sexy and danced such a sexy routine it almost looked like on the stage, you were having se...

Sigrit:  Lars, stop it :dead:

Lars: Oops, sorry, once again I went a bit too far with my imagination. :blushingwave:

Sigrit: Okay, let me take over then. 😘Can I have the rest of the dancers back on the stage, please! Time to reveal which female and male dancers have won safety for the week, based on YOUR votes! :w00tbounce:I can now reveal that the girl and guy which have won SAFETY for this week and cannot be eliminated this week are....

CHLOE &  DADDY NICK!!! :w00tbounce:

8Kyn5HL.jpg1LzGdLr.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU TWO ARE SAFE FOR THE WEEK!

Lars:  Congrats guys!! :clap:

Sigrit: Well done Chloe and Nick, we will definitely be seeing you two dance next week! :w00tbounce:However, the rest of dancers need your votes!! Dancers with fewest votes will land in B3 girls and guys, and one girl and one guy with the least votes will leave us! So make sure to

VOTE HERE FOR YOUR FAVOURITES

One girl and one guy who gets the least votes will be eliminated! As Chloe & Daddy Nick have won safety, you will not be able to vote for them individually this week!

Lars: See you in a few days when we will reveal who will be leaving us! Stay tuned!

@totes4totes @FrogLenzen @Elliott @*Wallace @*Chris @taylorkat @*Diana  @Zoey @JC @kritaaay@buffmetube@jarmon

• Erestor changed the title to SYTYCD Redux: Netflix Edition! (Top 20 Performance Show on Pg 5!)
On 7/1/2022 at 2:51 PM, kritaaay said:

Oh man I miss the murder redux as we talked about before BUT i also really loved Andrew's all-star redux and Jess's World Stage redux ;;

11 hours ago, Erestor said:

WS was originally Chris (dancecab) redux idea, but Jess took over the last season :yes: (and my Gabrielle had to drop out right before the finale because I had no time to finish my routines ugh 😭) And @buffmetube's ASB reduxes! :wub:

And the voting for Showcase has closed! Stay tuned for a show tonight! 😄

Those were all such fun and entertaining games!

11 hours ago, kritaaay said:

Yesss omg how can I forget ASB, especially when we had Serge and Jaja before they actually competed :wub:

Ahhh yeah it was such an event seeing the auditioneers graduate to the real show! :omg: 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 6:09 AM, Erestor said:

I kind of had a feeling you had not seen those Netflix series. :rofl:I know you are more of a reality tv show person. :haha: I think because of the pandemic when I was working from home I have binge watched a lot of shows and now whenever there is a new season I feel obliged to catch up lol.

I think you still got them! :bobo: I LOVED your sytycd redux and Christina! :wub:

I miss the old RE. 😭 So many great threads/games are lost. :broken:

LOL you know me so well and yeah I am more of a reality TV person. I do wish I had gotten into The Circle but I just never did. Oooh yeah that makes perfect sense to find new shows and to binge on them!

Ooooh I don't think so. :haha: OMG I love how you remember my first one and remember Christina from it too. :wub: But yeah my first one was so fun and I loved how much people were into it. ❤️ It felt like such an event to me (not to toot my own horn, lmao). But I remember loving Walleriana in yours too. :wub: 

UGH I know. I was just thinking about it. 😭 I really wish we could go back and look back at all of those reduxes we had. 😢 I would love to see mine as I forgot about some of them - moreso my 2nd SYTYCD redux. I can't remember if you were around for that one. But yeah I wish I could go back to see all those fun games.

• Like 1

Oooh right, I forgot the last show was a Showcase episode, so I was looking forward to some eliminations. :dead:  But yayy show!

This looks like a strong and great show with all of these new couples and everyone out of their styles. 😮 Should be fun and challenging for them all. 😄 

Congrats to Chloe & Daddy Nick (lmao why does he have this name? :dead: ) on winning immunity. They had a fun, hot sexy routine so I get how the won IDF's hearts there. Fun show and I look forward to looking through it closer soon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Those were all such fun and entertaining games!

Ahhh yeah it was such an event seeing the auditioneers graduate to the real show! :omg: 

Exactly!

So many great dancers have been cut before the live shows in the recent seasons that would make ideal ASB contestants. :broken:

Ooooh I don't think so. :haha: OMG I love how you remember my first one and remember Christina from it too. :wub: But yeah my first one was so fun and I loved how much people were into it. ❤️ It felt like such an event to me (not to toot my own horn, lmao). But I remember loving Walleriana in yours too. :wub: 

UGH I know. I was just thinking about it. 😭 I really wish we could go back and look back at all of those reduxes we had. 😢 I would love to see mine as I forgot about some of them - moreso my 2nd SYTYCD redux. I can't remember if you were around for that one. But yeah I wish I could go back to see all those fun games.

Of course I remember Christina! :wub: I loved how she made it all the way to the top 4, despite her haters. :bobo: Such a fierce underdog. ❤️ And I remember her epic routine to "Drumming Song". :wub: You've done such a great job and & have been an amazing host! Aww yay for remembering Walleriana. :wub: She was a firecracker. ❤️ That redux was a blast, I had so much fun creating the cast & all of the routines!

I know. :( Oooh you had your 2nd SYTYCD redux? 😮 I don't think I have ever seen it! Have you finished it? But ugh, so sad all those games are lost forever. 💔

Oooh right, I forgot the last show was a Showcase episode, so I was looking forward to some eliminations. :dead:  But yayy show!

This looks like a strong and great show with all of these new couples and everyone out of their styles. 😮 Should be fun and challenging for them all. 😄 

Congrats to Chloe & Daddy Nick (lmao why does he have this name? :dead: ) on winning immunity. They had a fun, hot sexy routine so I get how the won IDF's hearts there. Fun show and I look forward to looking through it closer soon.

LOL at you looking forward to see someone eliminated. :dead: Sorry I have disappointed you! :haha: But I promise someone will be eliminated lol

THank you! ❤️ That was the theme/idea for the week. :yes: The question is, who did better than others? :shiftywave:

I think that's how he was called on the show and Jimmy brought that up as well, so I've left that as his name as we have another Nick in the cast and it's less confusing. :haha:

11 hours ago, taylorkat said:

Voted!

Thank you! ❤️ Hope you liked the show! ^_^

On 7/2/2022 at 2:49 PM, Erestor said:

WS was originally Chris (dancecab) redux idea, but Jess took over the last season :yes: (and my Gabrielle had to drop out right before the finale because I had no time to finish my routines ugh 😭) And @buffmetube's ASB reduxes! :wub:

Gabrielle & Kev :wub:

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 10:40 AM, Erestor said:

Exactly!

So many great dancers have been cut before the live shows in the recent seasons that would make ideal ASB contestants. :broken:

Of course I remember Christina! :wub: I loved how she made it all the way to the top 4, despite her haters. :bobo: Such a fierce underdog. ❤️ And I remember her epic routine to "Drumming Song". :wub: You've done such a great job and & have been an amazing host! Aww yay for remembering Walleriana. :wub: She was a firecracker. ❤️ That redux was a blast, I had so much fun creating the cast & all of the routines!

I know. :( Oooh you had your 2nd SYTYCD redux? 😮 I don't think I have ever seen it! Have you finished it? But ugh, so sad all those games are lost forever. 💔

Oooh yess, I certainly agree with you on that! :yes: 

Awww yayy I love that you still do. ❤️ Oooh ahh yeah Christina did have a great underdog journey getting to the Final 4! Oooh yesss, slayyy at remembering her "Drumming Song" routine!  Such a good and powerful dance, and probably was the dance that got her into the Final 4, it was such a standout. Awww thank you for saying that. :hug: The very same applies to you, of course. :hug: Oooh yess Walleriana was fierce and such a firecracker indeed. ❤️ Oooh yess totally agree your game was such a blast to watch and follow! 

:( Mhmmm yeah I did the second SYTYCD redux around 2015. Awww darn, it's a bummer you didn't get to see it as I would have loved knowing your thoughts on the cast and routine. I wish I could have linked you to it but alas.... gone forever. :broken: I did have about 5 interactive singing reduxes.... I think from 2010 to 2014. Those were really fun too. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, Erestor said:

LOL at you looking forward to see someone eliminated. :dead: Sorry I have disappointed you! :haha: But I promise someone will be eliminated lol

THank you! ❤️ That was the theme/idea for the week. :yes: The question is, who did better than others? :shiftywave:

I think that's how he was called on the show and Jimmy brought that up as well, so I've left that as his name as we have another Nick in the cast and it's less confusing. :haha:

LMAO omggg was that too mean of me? :dead: I don't technically mean seeing the dancers get eliminated but lmao I was thinking results were coming but then forgot. :dead: OMG you didn'tt, I promise. :haha: Ahhhh okayy.

Ooooh niceee! Yayyy this is when the games reallly begin and get exciting! 😄 Def curious to see who all rose to the ocassion. 😮

Ooooh lmaoo okay, I guess that makes sense. Lol Jimmy wondering this too. :dead: Ooh yesss, true it is confusing with the two Nicks. Goood thinking there! :haha: 

Oooh this was a fun Top 20 show! :w00twave: I'll give some thoughts this week. Can't promise I'll do so every week but I'll comment whenever I can. :haha:

Daphne & Berlin - Disco: Cute and fun Disco routine to start off the show. Daphne was adorable and it was fun seeing this happier fun side to her. Berlin did really well with the partnering and all of those lifts. Def showed off his partnering skills. He performed well but I think he could have showed some more fun personality, which was a bit lacking compared to Daphne, for me.

Chloe & Beast Boy - Rumba: Oooh this was a really beautiful routine. Chloe did demand more of my attention as she looked and danced this really beautifully. Beast Boy was a bit of a surprise as he partnered Chloe well and showcased her well. I don't think they were quite up to par technically speaking - but Chloe handled the technique better while Beast Boy struggled. But most importantly, they had lovely romantic and believable chemistry so yay for that. 

Allison & Benny - Hip-Hop: Woww talk about a major challenge for these two.... this was reallly out of their comfort zone. 😮 I thought they tried and gave a good effort, but hmm I don't know if they brought the grime, swag and dirtiness needed for the dance. The attempt was there and they have good chemistry together but I needed some more hard hitting moves from them. I do think they got potential in them.

Aimee & Number Five - Contemporary: Oooh  I wasn't expecting this vibe from the song choice. It had a dark bone chilling feel to it. This was a beautifully danced and performed routine here. I thought they had good technique and a beautiful connection with each other here. Aimee did have the stronger technique as this was more in her style. But Number Five  surprised me and did very well here. Lovely.

Max & Eric - Quickstep: Oooh a Quickstep for Max & Eric right from Week 1? Another really big challenge but I appreciate such a big challenge like this. 😮  This was a really cute and fun routine that allowed them to show off their personality. They did struggle with some of the partnering and fast intricate footwork on a technical level. But they made up for that with their personality and performing skills. Fun routine! 

Sae-byeok & Charlie - Jazz: Oooh this was a strong, powerful and intense Jazz routine. I liked these beastly intense characters that they brought to the dance. I think this was a great Jazz for Sea-byeok as it seemed to flatter her dance style while still challenging her with something new. Charlie brought his strong technique here and was the stronger technical dancer but it was nice seeing a totally different side of him. They had such great sync movements. Powerful performance individually and together as a duo, so yeah a standout for sure!

Eleven & Gi-hun - Waltz: Hmmm a darker, creepy haunting kind of Waltz is the kind of Waltz that would probably suit Eleven & Gi-hun  here. They did perform and dance this well. It was nice seeing this softer side of them dance-wise, even though teh technique wasn't as strong as their performance. I also hope to see some lighthearted fun routines from them in the future as we know they can handle these darker dances.

Beth & Nick - Jive: Oooh this was a really fun, cute and entertaining Jive! I think the Jive lends itself well for a tap dancer like Beth. She had great precision in her kicks & flicks and footwork considering this is out of her style. Nick did well on the performance side of things and on the technique too. It wasn't quite perfect on a technical level but they had great fun and looked like they were having a blast here. Both did very well. :yes:

Starfire & Daddy Nick - Contemporary: Oooh this was a very challenging and different routine for Starfire and Daddy Nick. This really made them dig deep into the emotional quality of the dance and connect so much here. They sold the routine beautifully. Daddy Nick was stronger technically and had some great and strong lines here... and he executed the lifts well. But Starfre was a nice surprise here. Assuming with her Jasmine influence, she did have some surprisingly really good technique here - but yeah the way they performed gave me chills. And loved how intense it got as it built up too. 😮

Nairobi & Simon - Dancehall: OMG I was not expecting this dance but oh myy woww. :dead: This was a really fun, hot and sexy routine to close the show. Perfect dance to close the show because the kids should be well asleep before this comes on. :giggle: With Nairobi being the sexy fierce ballroom dancer she is, she got to channel herself really well and easier into this dance compared to Simon. She was shaking it and workin' it very effortless and with ease. Simon wasn't quite as comfortable or had the same amount of swag as Naiobi, but he has the look to pull it off and did give a very good effort. I can't imagine other male ballet dancers handling this dance as well as he did - a huge challenge for him but while not perfect, he gave a great effort. Fun dance!

Rankings:
1. Sae-byeok & Charlie - Jazz
2. Starfire & Daddy Nick - Contemporary
3. Aimee & Number Five - Contemporary
4. Beth & Nick - Jive
5. Daphne & Berlin - Disco
6. Nairobi & Simon - Dancehall
7. Chloe & Beast Boy - Rumba
8. Eleven & Gi-hun - Waltz
9. Max & Eric - Quickstep
10. Allison & Benny - Hip-Hop

Great and strong show all around! :clap: Some of these ranks were super hard to figure out, like 1-2 and 5-7.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 2:40 AM, *Wallace said:

Oooh yess, I certainly agree with you on that! :yes: 

Awww yayy I love that you still do. ❤️ Oooh ahh yeah Christina did have a great underdog journey getting to the Final 4! Oooh yesss, slayyy at remembering her "Drumming Song" routine!  Such a good and powerful dance, and probably was the dance that got her into the Final 4, it was such a standout. Awww thank you for saying that. :hug: The very same applies to you, of course. :hug: Oooh yess Walleriana was fierce and such a firecracker indeed. ❤️ Oooh yess totally agree your game was such a blast to watch and follow! 

:( Mhmmm yeah I did the second SYTYCD redux around 2015. Awww darn, it's a bummer you didn't get to see it as I would have loved knowing your thoughts on the cast and routine. I wish I could have linked you to it but alas.... gone forever. :broken: I did have about 5 interactive singing reduxes.... I think from 2010 to 2014. Those were really fun too. 

How could I forget, it was pure perfection. :wub: By the way I need to know if you have heard any soundtracks from Florence's new album? Because I think you would like some of her singles:

:wub::wub::wub:

I have seen her live again (for the 5th time ❤️) back in April during her small concert in London and I am seeing her again in November as she's started her tour, can't wait. :spaz:

Was there someone I would totally love in the cast? 😮 But aww yeah I wish I could have lurked in there. I think I might have followed one of your singing reduxes as well, but I don't remember it as much as the SYTYCD one as I was the most invested in that one, obviously. :haha: I have done the EE (Exclusive Edition) with Walleriana, and my first one was All-Stars, I don't know if you remember; Kathryn won that one even though I was convinced that would be Pasha. :rofl:

On 7/5/2022 at 2:42 AM, *Wallace said:

LMAO omggg was that too mean of me? :dead: I don't technically mean seeing the dancers get eliminated but lmao I was thinking results were coming but then forgot. :dead: OMG you didn'tt, I promise. :haha: Ahhhh okayy.

Well let's say that was an unexpected comment coming from you. :dead: But it made me giggle. :giggle:

Edited by Erestor

On 7/5/2022 at 4:12 AM, *Wallace said:

Oooh this was a fun Top 20 show! :w00twave: I'll give some thoughts this week. Can't promise I'll do so every week but I'll comment whenever I can. :haha:

Daphne & Berlin - Disco: Cute and fun Disco routine to start off the show. Daphne was adorable and it was fun seeing this happier fun side to her. Berlin did really well with the partnering and all of those lifts. Def showed off his partnering skills. He performed well but I think he could have showed some more fun personality, which was a bit lacking compared to Daphne, for me.

Chloe & Beast Boy - Rumba: Oooh this was a really beautiful routine. Chloe did demand more of my attention as she looked and danced this really beautifully. Beast Boy was a bit of a surprise as he partnered Chloe well and showcased her well. I don't think they were quite up to par technically speaking - but Chloe handled the technique better while Beast Boy struggled. But most importantly, they had lovely romantic and believable chemistry so yay for that. 

Allison & Benny - Hip-Hop: Woww talk about a major challenge for these two.... this was reallly out of their comfort zone. 😮 I thought they tried and gave a good effort, but hmm I don't know if they brought the grime, swag and dirtiness needed for the dance. The attempt was there and they have good chemistry together but I needed some more hard hitting moves from them. I do think they got potential in them.

Aimee & Number Five - Contemporary: Oooh  I wasn't expecting this vibe from the song choice. It had a dark bone chilling feel to it. This was a beautifully danced and performed routine here. I thought they had good technique and a beautiful connection with each other here. Aimee did have the stronger technique as this was more in her style. But Number Five  surprised me and did very well here. Lovely.

Max & Eric - Quickstep: Oooh a Quickstep for Max & Eric right from Week 1? Another really big challenge but I appreciate such a big challenge like this. 😮  This was a really cute and fun routine that allowed them to show off their personality. They did struggle with some of the partnering and fast intricate footwork on a technical level. But they made up for that with their personality and performing skills. Fun routine! 

Sae-byeok & Charlie - Jazz: Oooh this was a strong, powerful and intense Jazz routine. I liked these beastly intense characters that they brought to the dance. I think this was a great Jazz for Sea-byeok as it seemed to flatter her dance style while still challenging her with something new. Charlie brought his strong technique here and was the stronger technical dancer but it was nice seeing a totally different side of him. They had such great sync movements. Powerful performance individually and together as a duo, so yeah a standout for sure!

Eleven & Gi-hun - Waltz: Hmmm a darker, creepy haunting kind of Waltz is the kind of Waltz that would probably suit Eleven & Gi-hun  here. They did perform and dance this well. It was nice seeing this softer side of them dance-wise, even though teh technique wasn't as strong as their performance. I also hope to see some lighthearted fun routines from them in the future as we know they can handle these darker dances.

Beth & Nick - Jive: Oooh this was a really fun, cute and entertaining Jive! I think the Jive lends itself well for a tap dancer like Beth. She had great precision in her kicks & flicks and footwork considering this is out of her style. Nick did well on the performance side of things and on the technique too. It wasn't quite perfect on a technical level but they had great fun and looked like they were having a blast here. Both did very well. :yes:

Starfire & Daddy Nick - Contemporary: Oooh this was a very challenging and different routine for Starfire and Daddy Nick. This really made them dig deep into the emotional quality of the dance and connect so much here. They sold the routine beautifully. Daddy Nick was stronger technically and had some great and strong lines here... and he executed the lifts well. But Starfre was a nice surprise here. Assuming with her Jasmine influence, she did have some surprisingly really good technique here - but yeah the way they performed gave me chills. And loved how intense it got as it built up too. 😮

Nairobi & Simon - Dancehall: OMG I was not expecting this dance but oh myy woww. :dead: This was a really fun, hot and sexy routine to close the show. Perfect dance to close the show because the kids should be well asleep before this comes on. :giggle: With Nairobi being the sexy fierce ballroom dancer she is, she got to channel herself really well and easier into this dance compared to Simon. She was shaking it and workin' it very effortless and with ease. Simon wasn't quite as comfortable or had the same amount of swag as Naiobi, but he has the look to pull it off and did give a very good effort. I can't imagine other male ballet dancers handling this dance as well as he did - a huge challenge for him but while not perfect, he gave a great effort. Fun dance!

Rankings:
1. Sae-byeok & Charlie - Jazz
2. Starfire & Daddy Nick - Contemporary
3. Aimee & Number Five - Contemporary
4. Beth & Nick - Jive
5. Daphne & Berlin - Disco
6. Nairobi & Simon - Dancehall
7. Chloe & Beast Boy - Rumba
8. Eleven & Gi-hun - Waltz
9. Max & Eric - Quickstep
10. Allison & Benny - Hip-Hop

Great and strong show all around! :clap: Some of these ranks were super hard to figure out, like 1-2 and 5-7.

Aww yay first comments of the season! :spaz::ohyeah:

That's okay, you're welcome to comment as often as you can! I really appreciate it. :hug:

Daphne & Berlin - Disco:  Ooh interesting comment on Berlin lacking fun personality. 😮 I could definitely see where you are coming from as he's a more serious/more mature character. Glad you thought Daphne was adorable in it!

Chloe & Beast Boy - Rumba: Aww I love the technique comments! You literally could be a judge on real sytycd. :wub: It's funny how we have gained so much knowledge on dance by watching the show for so many years. :haha: But yeah I completely agree with what you have said and I do think this couple has great chemistry. :yes:

Allison & Benny - Hip-Hop: Oooh wow @ these comments. 😮 I thought they would probably do a decent job at least, but as this is really out of their comfort zone it could have definitely been a miss as well.

Aimee & Number Five - Contemporary: I love this version of the song. ❤️ I thought Sarah was a perfect choice for a choreographer for this piece as well. Glad you enjoyed this and thought it was beautiful.

Max & Eric - Quickstep: Quickstep is usually a kiss of death however I think standard ballroom is a bit underrated on the show. :haha: I definitely see their personalities shining through however could picutre them struggle with technique as well.

Sae-byeok & Charlie - Jazz: I wasn't 100% sure how this routine would be received but yay for these comments as this is exactly what I was going for! :yes: Definitely agree it was a standout for both of them.

Eleven & Gi-hun - Waltz: When I heard this song in Ratched opening I always imagined a creepy, haunting Waltz dance so I was really happy I could use it in this redux as I think that would have been a really unique Waltz compared to the usual romantic ones we get on the show. But hmm we shall see about the routines in the future. 😮 Hope we get to see them doing something totally different!

Beth & Nick - Jive: Yay for enjoying the Jive! I the song would work perfectly for it, and I do agree Beth as a tapper should probably do a great job in the Jive. :yes: Glad you thought Nick did well as well!

Starfire & Daddy Nick - Contemporary:  Aww I love your comments on the deep emotional connection as this is exactly how I picutred this dance in my head! Out of the two contemporaries of the night, I imagined the first one as being more technical and this one to be more focused on the emotion. But yeah given the influences I definitely Starfire was great! Glad you loved the intense built up of the song, I do too, of course. :haha: I also love how the song really makes you focus "on the moment" and I think that would be a showstopper if used on a real show as well.

Nairobi & Simon - Dancehall: LOL @ you not expecting this dance. :dead: It it a good or a bad thing? :haha: I kind of had a different idea at first for this song however then I imagined Dancehall and how fierce that would be. :omg: Glad you thought Nairobi did a great job there and that Simon gave a good effort. It's definitely a challenge for him but I think his overall hotness factor would make up for it. :haha:

Thank you so much for your comments and for the ranking. :hug:I really enjoyed reading all of those and I will be looking forward to read your comments in the future as well, of course! I am kind of surprised with the Hip Hop ranking as I thought you would have liked this routine more. 😮 But once again thank you for time to write these, I really appreciate them. :wub: It's always nice to see whether someone actually got what you were going for with your idea! :haha:

Edited by Erestor

Keep voting guys! ❤️ I am probably going to keep the poll open at least until the end of the week as I have a really busy weekend ahead of me so the next show would not happen this weekend anyway, and there's still a lot of people who have not voted yet.

On 7/2/2022 at 5:49 AM, Erestor said:

I miss ASB. :broken: It was so much fun but also so much work haha. 

On 7/2/2022 at 6:32 AM, kritaaay said:

Yesss omg how can I forget ASB, especially when we had Serge and Jaja before they actually competed :wub:

And Amber, Emilio, and Mariah! I might be missing a few haha.

Just voted! A little nervous that we are not allowed to rank them, but we shall see how the results work!

I definitely had my favorites and some dances and dancers that I could do without, hopefully the results will work in my favor :giggle:

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 2:48 AM, Erestor said:

How could I forget, it was pure perfection. :wub: By the way I need to know if you have heard any soundtracks from Florence's new album? Because I think you would like some of her singles:

:wub::wub::wub:

I have seen her live again (for the 5th time ❤️) back in April during her small concert in London and I am seeing her again in November as she's started her tour, can't wait. :spaz:

Was there someone I would totally love in the cast? 😮 But aww yeah I wish I could have lurked in there. I think I might have followed one of your singing reduxes as well, but I don't remember it as much as the SYTYCD one as I was the most invested in that one, obviously. :haha: I have done the EE (Exclusive Edition) with Walleriana, and my first one was All-Stars, I don't know if you remember; Kathryn won that one even though I was convinced that would be Pasha. :rofl:

Well let's say that was an unexpected comment coming from you. :dead: But it made me giggle. :giggle:

Awww yayy! :wub:❤️ Oooh I haven't heard Florence's latest stuff. I may have heard/seen her perform one of these songs on a talk show or something but can't really remember. These are all really enjoyable and good songs here. I think I might like "My Love" the most on these first listens but it could change overtime. OMGG whoaa you've seen Florence 5 times and going to see her a 6th later this year? Oh woww, that's amazing! :omg: Ahh I'm sure you had a blast in April and hope you will in November! 😄

Ooooh ahhh yeah I am sure there were a couple of people you would have loved. 😮 Ugh I can't really remember the names now so ugh me there. :broken: Aww I wish you could have too. Oooh yes I am sure you followed something from my singing reduxes, but I can't remember which ones you did - I'm thinking any of the 3rd, 4th or 5th seasons? MAYBE the 4th season? I can't remember ugh. Ooooh I kinda remember the Exclusive Edition redux but not really all that well. Ugh we need these games back to refresh our memories. Omg I bet you were so shook of Kathryn winning over Pasha in that game. :haha:

LMAOOO I love saying unexpected things for you to crack up on about. :dead: Aww yayy, I'm glad it did! :haha:

On 7/7/2022 at 3:51 AM, buffmetube said:

I miss ASB. :broken: It was so much fun but also so much work haha. 

I loved the fan wars and Mia!B*tch as a judge. :wub:

On 7/7/2022 at 3:53 AM, buffmetube said:

And Amber, Emilio, and Mariah! I might be missing a few haha.

Bless for AJacks getting a better run on ASB than on actual show lol

On 7/8/2022 at 6:59 AM, JC said:

Just voted! A little nervous that we are not allowed to rank them, but we shall see how the results work!

I definitely had my favorites and some dances and dancers that I could do without, hopefully the results will work in my favor :giggle:

Thanks JC! And thank you for your feedback. I've been trying with a different way of voting as some people had issues with the google forms layout and couldn't answer the ranking question, so I'm kind of trying to see how it plays out this week. I do hope to return to the ranking question, though, we will see how it works out.

23 hours ago, *Diana said:

sent in my vote!

Thanks Diana! :wub:

9 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Awww yayy! :wub:❤️ Oooh I haven't heard Florence's latest stuff. I may have heard/seen her perform one of these songs on a talk show or something but can't really remember. These are all really enjoyable and good songs here. I think I might like "My Love" the most on these first listens but it could change overtime. OMGG whoaa you've seen Florence 5 times and going to see her a 6th later this year? Oh woww, that's amazing! :omg: Ahh I'm sure you had a blast in April and hope you will in November! 😄

Ooooh ahhh yeah I am sure there were a couple of people you would have loved. 😮 Ugh I can't really remember the names now so ugh me there. :broken: Aww I wish you could have too. Oooh yes I am sure you followed something from my singing reduxes, but I can't remember which ones you did - I'm thinking any of the 3rd, 4th or 5th seasons? MAYBE the 4th season? I can't remember ugh. Ooooh I kinda remember the Exclusive Edition redux but not really all that well. Ugh we need these games back to refresh our memories. Omg I bet you were so shook of Kathryn winning over Pasha in that game. :haha:

LMAOOO I love saying unexpected things for you to crack up on about. :dead: Aww yayy, I'm glad it did! :haha:

Aww I understand, I wasn't sure if you were familiar with it as she's not as hugely popular in the US as in the UK. :haha: Out of the three, "Free" is my favourite, and it's also one of my favs from her record, however there are other songs that I love even more but they're more on the alternative side than pop, so not sure if you would like them. :haha: I had a feeling you would like "My Love" the most as it's the most catchy I think. :bobo: I love to blast it on maximum volume in my car whenever it comes on the radio. :rofl: Yes!! I guess I can say I am a super fan now. :haha: One time was when she released a book with her poetry and lyrics of her songs, and she was doing this exclusive book signing event, which I believe was limited to 200 people or so. Anyway, I managed to get in there and I got an autographed copy of the book from her with special dedication and we have high fived. :wub: She wished me and my friend Happy Pride Day, too. It was amazing to see her in person and it's even more amazing to hear her sing live. :omg:  That's why I never have enough! :haha: Her concerts are like a spiritual experience that lets you leave all of the negativity behind and makes you feel so happy afterwards ❤️ I wonder if Beyonce is going to be touring soon? Would you go to see her?

Aww that's okay, it's been a long time ago anyway lol. LOL at us having memory problems. :dead: Age finally gets to us. :rofl:Well you know how I feel about Kathryn, but I was sure Pasha would take it. :haha: It was back in the days when Kathryn was still really beloved on IDF though.

Yess, totally! Please continue :dead:

Edited by Erestor
  • Like 1