SYTYCD Redux: Netflix Edition! (Top 16 Peformance Show on Pg 9!)

Erestor

Posted (edited)

Tyt3Cnm.png

WELCOME TO THE SYTYCD REDUX: NETFLIX EDITION! :w00twave:

THIS IS TOP 16 PERFORMANCE SHOW!

TOP 16 GROUP ROUTINE - LATIN

mPF36X2.jpg

"La Danza"  (Jonathan and Oksana Platero)

PRODUCER VOICE:

Please welcome your hosts....

TE0PT9Q.jpg

Lars Erickssong and Sigrit Ericksdóttir! :clap:

*Double Trouble plays in the background*

Lars: Welcome back to the show!! :w00twave: What an AMAZING opening number! :clap:

Sigrit: Pure hotness! :wub:  Hello everyone! Our Top 16 dancers are ready to hit the floor! Once again, they will be dancing to songs featured on Netflix shows! After the show ends, as the audience you will be able to vote for Bottom 3 performances (both by girls and guys!), your favourite performance of the night, as well as how do you want to SAVE the most! Each vote will count and three female and three male dancers who get the least votes will land in B3, with one female and one male dancer who received the fewest votes will be leaving the competition. :kalancry: So remember to vote to keep your faves safe!! ^_^

Lars:  Thank you for reminding us all once again how it works! :haha: Okay, let's get this thing started! Our first couple of the night is.....

PERFORMANCE #1: STARFIRE & DADDY NICK - BROADWAY

HYeVk9I.jpg1LzGdLr.jpg

"Big Spender" (Spencer Liff)

Lars:  Wow guys, that was so intense and sexy! :omg: You killed it!

Sigrit: Fantastic chemistry between the pair of you! That's the connection we're looking for! :yes: Okay, let me introduce our next couple...

PERFORMANCE #2: NAIROBI & SIMON - CONTEMPORARY

vG3OTTR.jpgxMLyiB2.jpg

"This Year's Love" (Tyce Diorio)

Sigrit:  That was so beautiful, it made me teary-eyed! 😭 What a beautiful routine. :wub:

Lars: I absolutely loved this. This was your shining moment guys!! :clap:We saw this new, emotional side of both of you and you were just perfect. Congrats! Okay, we will be back after a short break, so don't go anywhere! :w00twave:

*** Commercial break ***

Edited by Erestor

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Tyt3Cnm.png

TE0PT9Q.jpg

Lars: Welcome back after the break! We have more amazing routines to come!

Sigrit: That's right! :yes: You're in for a treat! Let me present our next couple.....

PERFORMANCE #3: CHLOE & BEAST BOY - FOXTROT

8Kyn5HL.jpg4JxNecs.jpg

"Kill Of The Night" (Jason Gilkison)

Lars:  Now this was such a sultry dance! :shiftywave: I don't know a thing about Foxtrot, you it looked pretty damn fantastic to me!

Sigrit: Elegant, classy and sexy! :kissbye: Amazing job you two! Okay, our next couple to perform is....

PERFORMANCE #4: AIMEE & NUMBER FIVE - HIP-HOP

trKRNT1.jpgewLu28V.jpg

"Glorious" (Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo)

Sigrit:  Once again, a completely different style from both of you, I thought this was so much fun and you've got some swag! 😎

Lars: Exactly! Who knew our pocket couple could actually turn into Hip Hop power couple! :haha: Great job! Okay, please welcome our next couple....

PERFORMANCE #5: DAPHNE & BERLIN - SALSA
o7SR9rf.jpgPBJftof.jpg

"Cali Pachanguero" (Jonathan and Oksana Platero)

Lars: We've got so many sexy routines tonight and I love it :bobo:That was amazing! Made me wanna go dance to a Salsa club tonight!

Sigrit: Don't you dare go with me! :haha: Guys, this was fabulous! I loved the energy and your partnering! Anyway, one more routine before the break! Our next couple is....

PERFORMANCE #6: ALLISON & BENNY - BOLLYWOOD
GQ30xUd.jpgeqngiTl.jpg

"O Saki Saki" (Achinta S. McDaniel)

Sigrit:  So hot and so much fun! :bobo: From Hollywood to Bollywood, you can do it all!

Lars: What she said! You guys are so versatile! I love this style and you nailed it!! :wub: Okay, we will be back after a short break, so don't go anywhere! :w00twave:

*** Commercial break ***

Edited by Erestor

Tyt3Cnm.png

TE0PT9Q.jpg

Lars: Welcome back after the break! You have seen 6 out of 8 our duets already! Our Top 16 is really giving their all tonight!

Sigrit: As they always do! What a talented cast ❤️ Okay, let's find our who will be dancing next...

PERFORMANCE #7: SAE-BYEOK & CHARLIE - HIP-HOP

L30H7w1.jpgSB9hnWy.jpg

"Gone Off That Brown" (Luther Brown)

Lars:  I mean seriously, that was so SICK! :omg: Y'all are just unstoppable! I am speechless!

Sigrit: Wow you guys! That was the kind of Hip Hop we all love, hard-hitting and gangsta, and you killed it! :clap:Well done! Okay, now it's time for our final couple of the evening to perform...

PERFORMANCE #8: BETH & NICK - CONTEMPORARY
AQqIRlf.jpgK14whB4.jpg

"The Night We Met" (Talia Favia)

Lars: Wow, this was just STUNNING! :omg: I got chills and goosebumps all over my body!!

Sigrit: I just feel like I want to cry again, it was so beautiful! :kalancry: How in the world are two of you so perfect? What an amazing way to finish our show :wub:

That was sadly our last performance of the night! Now, our audience will get to vote! Dancers with fewest votes will land in B3 girls and guys, and one girl and one guy with the least votes will leave us! So make sure to

VOTE HERE

One girl and one guy who gets the least votes will be eliminated!

Lars: See you in a few days when we will reveal who will be leaving us! Stay tuned!

@totes4totes @FrogLenzen @Elliott @*Wallace @*Chris @taylorkat @*Diana  @Zoey @JC @kritaaay@buffmetube@jarmon

*** End of the Show ***

• Erestor changed the title to SYTYCD Redux: Netflix Edition! (Top 16 Peformance Show on Pg 9!)

Yayy show! 😄 I'll post some thoughts!

STARFIRE & DADDY NICK - BROADWAY: When I saw they had Broadway, I was excited to see a fun, cheesy and happy side of them but I got the complete opposite. :dead: This was still fun but definitely an intense and sexy routine.  A real challenge for Starfire but I thought she comitted to the leading character well here. Nick does well with these kinds of routines and performed/danced this really well. Great chemistry and great opening.

NAIROBI & SIMON - CONTEMPORARY: Oooh love the song choice! ❤️ And wow what a really beautiful routine here. I know this is way out of Nairobi's comfort zone and technically, she may not have been the strongest. But she really poured her heart, soul and passion into this dance. She really stepped it up for Simon. Simon really shone and was delightful here. He had great technique, lines and really emoted the dance well. Beautiful chemistry, connection and storytelling from them!  A real shining moment for them. ❤️

CHLOE & BEAST BOY - FOXTROT: Ooh wow, the Foxtrot is definitely a challenge for Chloe and Beast Boy. This wasn't your typical Foxtrot as it did have that sultry  and flirty side to it. I do think Chloe & Beast Boy brought the fun and character well here. Chloe definitely shone with her character. I also felt she handled the Foxtrot basics better. They did both have their technical faults, but I felt Chloe was able to mask it better. Beast  Boy did look really awkward in hold, so that was... rough. But the old of hold parts and characterization was good!

AIMEE & NUMBER FIVE - HIP-HOP: Omgg oh wow I haven't heard this song in such a long time. :haha: This was a challenge for them. I do think they channeled themselves well into the dance. I do think there was some sync issues and the hard hitting parts may have been a bit much for them? Something felt off. I guess the lack of swag? But they had great chemistry + connection here and they did really hsine on the smaller parts. Fun routine.

DAPHNE & BERLIN - SALSA: Oooh wow this is a real challenge and so out of Daphne's comfort zone. I never would have ever imagined her doing a Salsa but look at her! 😮 She did luck up with having Berlin as a partner as he partnered her so effortlessly and was a great leading partner that you would expect. He nailed the style and attitude of the dance for sure. Daphne.... I felt she was technically really quite impressive - she had nice lines and handled all of those tricks really well. She was lacking that Latin/Salsa spice needed for the dance. She hit the technique and lines but lacked the flavor and sauce. Still a really good effort.

ALLISON & BENNY - BOLLYWOOD: Yeah this is quite a challenge for both Allison and Benny. This was a really fun and entertaining routine. They handled such complex choreography well and looked like they were having a blast. I'm sure there were some technical issues and things that were a little off, but I can't really speak of that. But they are proving their versaility and had some really good flirty chemistry here. I think they matched each other's energy well. Fun dance!

SAE-BYEOK & CHARLIE - HIP-HOP: Oooh lmaoo you CAN TELL that Sae-Byeok was waiting for this moment! Wow she really slayed and crushed this routine so much. :omg: She was in her element and just doing what she does best - killer hip hop dancing. She had the swag, style, attitude and all of the moves. Oops, I forgot to watch Charlie, so watching him again. Okay.... he rose to the challenge. He's such a nice guy so yeah he was outshone here but not in a totally embarrassing way. He danced it well and had more swag than I expected.

BETH & NICK - CONTEMPORARY: This was a really beautiful and moving routine. It was nice seeing this soft and tender side of Beth... and wow she had some lovely technique and lines in her. Nick shone  and danced this routine very beautifully. He had great lines, technique and he partnered Beth so well. The song didn't ~move me as much as the other Contemporary but this was still powerful and a standout!

My rankings:
1. NAIROBI & SIMON - CONTEMPORARY
2. SAE-BYEOK & CHARLIE - HIP-HOP
3. BETH & NICK - CONTEMPORARY
4. STARFIRE & DADDY NICK - BROADWAY
5. DAPHNE & BERLIN - SALSA
6. ALLISON & BENNY - BOLLYWOOD
7. AIMEE & NUMBER FIVE - HIP-HOP
8. CHLOE & BEAST BOY - FOXTROT

Really great show overall. :clap: This is going to be a hard vote!