American Idol Rankdown 3.0 (Rebooted)

sublymonal

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

The Story was fantastic.

I assume you meant to put Janice Robertson’s version of at the beginning of this sentence, which is correct.

MV5BMjA5NTIzMTU3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODkw

Brandon Rogers

Thia was the person I probably wanted to save from the beginning so glad she's still left for me to save her. Okay so I am cutting Brandon though. When I first googled him, up pops a DIFFERENT Brandon Rogers who is a youtuber and voice actor. And I was like "wait I know this guy" and then I typed in "Brandon Rogers American Idol" and it's a completely different man so I don't know him. Anyway, Brandon was on the SIXTH season of American Idol. That was so long ago. He was 12th place.

Going by his instagram, Brandon has actually found a lot of success as a songwriter. Apple Music actually has a playlist for him so let's see some highlights:

"Happy Little Pill" - Troye Sivan

Some songs from High Musical: The Musical: The Series

A bunch of songs for fellow Idol Alum Mikalah Gordon who I saved because Elliott politely informed me she's a lesbian

Good for him.

CHRIS SLIGH

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQybVhltph_EeKd0DNQz4

Chris Sligh competed on Season 6 of American Idol. He placed 10th. I didn't actually watch the season so I have no idea if he is good or not but I wanted to save Julia DeMato because her name sounds nice. During Chris' time on the show, he sang "Kiss from a Rose", "How Deep Is Your Love", "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?", "Typical", "Trouble", "Wanna Be Loved", "Endless Love", "She's Not There" and then got eliminated after singing "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic".

Save: Julia DeMato

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2024 at 6:04 PM, sublymonal said:

American Idol Rankdown 3.0

Round 3: Hollywood Week - Lines of 12

American Idol season 20 episode 7 performances ranked: Who was best? -  GoldDerby

At this point, 206 contestants remain vying of title of the winner of the third rankdown and 128 of them are vulnerable for this next round.

For this next round, the judges (our Rankers) will divide the contestants that were not cut or saved in Round 2 into groups of 12.

The remaining six rankers will then cut one and save one from each line. Each ranker is responsible for the write-up of the contestant they cut.

Contestants that are saved will automatically move on to Round 4 with those that have immunity and were saved in Round 2. Therefore, each contestant can only be nominated once this round, so choose wisely.

Any contestant that does not get nominated this round will also automatically move on to Round 4.

Also, as a word of warning, there are limits on how many FOX era (S1-15) versus ABC era (S16-22) contestants make the "finals" of this competition, so nominate, cut, and save wisely because at some point, the contestants that remain from each era may automatically advance to the finals! 😱

The rankers will nominate in the following order generated by random.org:

1. @FrogLenzen

2. @thevoiceisthetop

3. @Elliott

4. @jarmon

5. @QueenKalie

6. @totes4totes

7. @Alex95

Each ranker will have 24 hours from the end of the previous ranker's nominations to nominate.

If they fail to do so, random.org will nominate for them.

For reference, the contestants vulnerable this round are below.

I will update this list as they get nominated, cut, and saved.

Aaron Kelly

Ace Young

Ada Vox

Adanna Duru

Alex Preston

Amanda Overmyer

Amber Holcomb

Amy Adams

Anthony Federov

Anwar Robinson

Ashthon Jones

Ava Maybee

Brandon Rogers

Bucky Covington

Burnell Taylor

Camile Velasco

Carmen Rasmusen

Casey Abrams

Casey James

Chikezie

Chris Richardson

Chris Sligh

Christina Christian

CJ Harris

Clay Aiken

Corey Clark

Crystal Bowersox

Curtis Finch Jr.

Daniel Seavey

David Hernandez

DeAndre Brackensick

Dennis Lorenzo

Devin Velez

Diana DeGarmo

Didi Benami

Dimitrius Graham

Elliott Yamin

Emily Piriz

Erika Van Pelt

Fritz Hager

George Huff

Gianna Isabella

Gina Glocksen

Grace Leer

Haley Scarnato

Haven Madison

Heejun Han

Huntergirl

Jacob Lusk

James Durbin

Janelle Arthur

Jasmine Murray

Jasmine Trias

Jason Castro

Jay Copeland

Jeremy Rosado

Jessica Sierra

Jordin Sparks

Jorge Nunez

Josh Gracin

Joshua Ledet

Julia Demato

Justin Guarini

Karen Rodriguez

Katie Stevens

Kim Caldwell

Kimberly Locke

Kree Harrison

Kris Allen

Lacey Brown

Lazaro Arbos

Leah LaBelle

Lisa Tucker

MacKenzie Bourg

Maddie Poppe

Madison VanDenburg

Madison Watkins

Majesty Rose

Malaya Watson

Mandisa

Matt Giraud

Matt Rogers

Melissa McGhee

Michael J. Woodard

Michael Johns

Michael Lynche

Michelle Sussett

Mike Parker

MK Nobilette

Naima Adedapo

Nick Fradiani

Nikko Smith

Noah Thompson

Olivia Rox

Paige Miles

Paris Bennett

Paul Jolley

Paul McDonald

Qaasim Middleton

Quentin Alexander

Ramiele Malubay

Rayvon Owen

Rickey Smith

Roman Collins

Ruben Studdard

Ryan Starr

Sam Woolf

Sanjaya Malakar

Sarina-Joi Crowe

Scott Macintyre

Scotty McCreery

Siobhan Magnus

Skylar Laine

Sophia James

Stefano Langone

Stephanie Edwards

Tamyra Gray

Taylor Hicks

Thia Megia

Trenyce

Tristen Gressett

Tyanna Jones

Tyson Venegas

Uché

Vanessa Olivarez

Vonzell Solomon

Walker Burroughs

Willie Spence

@jarmon is next to nominate!

Aaron Kelly

Matt Giraud

Matt Rogers

Paul Jolley

Paul McDonald

Qaasim Middleton

Quentin Alexander

Ramiele Malubay

Rayvon Owen

Rickey Smith

Ryan Starr

Tamyra Gray

RAYVON OWEN

Season 14 - 4th Place

v4OtjwT.jpeg

FAVOURITE PERFORMANCE: Always on My Mind

Rayvon Owen was a contestant from the fourteenth season. He made it all the way to fourth place after being the sole recipient of American Idol’s sole foray into Twitter saves. Rayvon ended up surviving in a head-to-head match-up against Daniel Seavey (fair), Qaasim Middleton (incorrect), Joey Cook (even more incorrect) and Quentin Alexander (horrifying). Somehow, he managed to get more votes than Tyanna Jones (whomst?) before America finally eliminated him. Unfortunately, JAX was still there so we couldn’t even celebrate. Rayvon seems like a nice guy and all that, but as someone watching the season live, seeing him constantly win the Twitter saves over so many contestants I enjoyed more made it hard to enjoy his run.

SAVE: Ryan Starr

Edited by Elliott

13 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Yes, Wally!!!!

12 minutes ago, *Chris said:

And with that… SAVE?!

LOL ugh leave it to Elliott to continue on the mess in here. :dead: 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Aaron Kelly

ghows-DA-dff92dfd-1313-4168-b2f5-5c781003a050-67332059.jpeg?width=660&height=495&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

This twink checks off many no no boxes. Mediocre white guy? Check. Country singer? Check. Outlasted better singers? Kinda check. Existed on Season 9? Check. None of these are good qualities. I don't think he ever had a ~disaster~ performance, but may he should've? Y'know, something to make him remotely memorable. #Drag Elliott for his save all you want, but "You Really Got Me" makes Ryan Starr a hell of a lot more memorable of an Idol contestant than Aaron Kelly putting me to sleep with an unremarkable cover of "I Believe I Can Fly". I had more to say about Lacey Brown, the 12th placer I cut today, than I have to say about Aaron Kelly, the 5th placer. He put out two singles last year so I guess he's still working in the industry in some capacity? I will not be checking him out.

Save Quentin Alexander

PJolley.webp.35e0cd446639b3f009f49a9d736dc26b.webp

PAUL JOLLEY

Paul Jolley was one of the male contestants on Season 12. He sang a variety of songs consisting of "Today I Wanna Cry" "Just a Fool" "Alone" "Amazed" and "Eleanor Rigby" He stopped doing music and is now an interior designer. Also he's a pretty hot guy now and does music more so on the side. They bussed all the males in season 12 just to get a female winner. 

12 hours ago, Elliott said:

Cut Rayvon

YES!

11 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Cut Aaron

NO!

I get that he's not that great in the grand scheme of things, but I always had a soft spot for Aaron. I may or may not have crushed on him leave me alone

• Like 2