American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

4 hours ago, m1key said:

This episode solidified (for me) that Colin is most likely not winning this season! He received a really bad edit considering he is supposed to be the main WGWG frontrunner. His performance, which was genuinely not good and did not really receive praise from the judges, was shown right before Iam's. Iam went on to overshadow him with both his performance and the praise it received. The judges also purposely put Colin in a deliberation group with Iam and Matt, and they purposely put Iam through first. If they really wanted Colin to be a contender for the win, they would've given him his own deliberation and not have him be overshadowed by frontrunner Iam. With all that being said, I think Iam is winning this season unless he really fumbles the bag with song choices in live shows. He's very relatable, endearing, and has a timeless voice that appeals to many different groups of people. I just hope they don't overpimp him too much because I won't be able to enjoy him as much if that's the case :( 

Only other thoughts I have are on Elise, Emma, and Olivia. 

Elise and Emma both gave worthy performances and got positive reception from the judges. Will it be enough to shake things up at Top 26? Idk. Additionally, I can see Olivia being a Top 26 shock boot. She hasn't gotten much screen time since her audition, and her All By Myself performance wasn't as good as it could've been. The fact that she is singing Emotions for Top 26 may not bode well for her... 

Olivia is my favourite this season but the song choice (“emotions”) makes me nervous for her (it would for anyone, such a hard song to sing live?!)

however, based on this tiktok I think she can pull it off, she sounds amazing on it here

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYGxBgPr/

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

Olivia is my favourite this season but the song choice (“emotions”) makes me nervous for her (it would for anyone, such a hard song to sing live?!)

however, based on this tiktok I think she can pull it off, she sounds amazing on it here

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYGxBgPr/

Based on the rehearsal/final clip of the real performance, she sounded fine but strained. Probably cause she was moving around alot as well

We'll see thou

• Like 1

Guys, they’re bringing back the Judges’ Song Contest this season!!! 💙🙌🏻😭😭 Nick and I actually liked that round of the competition last season (although it ended with Tristen’s elimination, sadly), and I can’t wait until the return of this KILLER live round!! 💙

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JodiRose said:

Guys, they’re bringing back the Judges’ Song Contest this season!!! 💙🙌🏻😭😭 Nick and I actually liked that round of the competition last season (although it ended with Tristen’s elimination, sadly), and I can’t wait until the return of this KILLER live round!! 💙

I hope so. How do you know?

Edited by Discovolcano

30 minutes ago, Discovolcano said:

I hope so. How do you know?

The Futon Critic updated it! I'm super happy and excited they are bringing this theme back. TPTB listened for once!

Also, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame episode is confirmed to go from Top 12 to Top 10. Judges Song Contest is Top 10.

Surprised they aren't doing Disney night at Top 10, but VERY happy!!! It will probs occur at Top 7 instead, but that's fine because there will be another theme alongside it. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

Any guesses on possible performance order for both Hawaii shows? 

On 2/13/2023 at 1:57 AM, Idol Maniac said:

Elise Kristine - “Holding Out For A Hero” by Bonnie Tyler (from ‘Footloose’)

Emma Bussee - “Lay Me Down” by Sam Smith

Haven Madison - “The Middle” by Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey

Kaeyra - “Don’t Let Go (Love)” by En Vogue

Lucy Love - “What’s Love Got To Do With It?” by Tina Turner

Mariah Faith - “You Should Probably Leave” by Chris Stapleton

Matt Wilson - “Speechless” by Dan + Shay

Nailyah Serenity - “Lovin’ You” by Minnie Riperton

Oliver Steele (with guitar) - “Better Together” by Jack Johnson

Pjae - “Golden” by Jill Scott

Warren Peay - “Set Fire To The Rain” by Adele

William Guy Tongi (with guitar) - “Don’t Let Go” by SpawnBreezie

Zachariah Smith - “Lucille” by Little Richard

None of these scream closer to me tbh, I listened to Iam’s song choice and I’m not seeing it. Possibly Elise or Kaeyra if they want to give some underdogs a chance to shine but I’m not expecting much. Yk what yeah Iam’s probably closing again lmao

• Like 1

There's pics in the gallery of the performances and the only people performing in the daylight are Elise/Oliver for Group 1 and Elijah/Paige for Group 2, so it can be expected that they will be the first 2 performers of each episode.

Everyone else is performing during the nighttime so it's hard for me to make any other running order predictions. Iam's song is definitely not a song that screams "pimp spot" so it will feel weird if they give it to him, but he seems like the most likely guess for Group 1 at the moment.

For Group 2, my guess is Tyson. I'm guessing TPTB will want him to be able to bounce back from the messy showings in Hollywood.

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2

Why does Haven look like she's cosplaying Belle lmao

What if Warren closes? I feel like they usually close with ballads and he and Emma are the only ones with that kind of song. Nailyah too but let's be real.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StarWalker1 said:

So it's probably likely that we wont get performance order for both nights till they actually air?

Maybe if they reveal the contestant voting numbers in advance? Otherwise, probably not :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, m1key said:

https://instagram.com/stories/emmaabussee/3080325437758200943?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Y'all, Iam told Emma she "looks like sh!t" in this video 🤯 🤯 This is our chance to expose and dethrone him so this season has a chance of getting a female winner 😍

He does seem like the friend who roasts you all the time 😄

2 hours ago, m1key said:

https://instagram.com/stories/emmaabussee/3080325437758200943?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Y'all, Iam told Emma she "looks like sh!t" in this video 🤯 🤯 This is our chance to expose and dethrone him so this season has a chance of getting a female winner 😍

LMAO

Also Haven's face at the end LOL

Lol it's kinda crazy how viral Iam is going. I just checked Youtube and apparently his Showstoppers performance has 3.1 million views (it's been 4 DAYS). That's more than every other performance this season besides his own audition and Cam Amen's (who has 3.2m).

Outside of Youtube, you just have to search his name on TikTok to see a bunch of videos with hundreds of thousands of likes. One video of his audition even has 6.4m likes and 45m views 😳

I don't blame Idol producers for overpimping tbh; they know he's gonna bring in that coin for them 🫢🤑

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

Lol it's kinda crazy how viral Iam is going. I just checked Youtube and apparently his Showstoppers performance has 3.1 million views (it's been 4 DAYS). That's more than every other performance this season besides his own audition and Cam Amen's (who has 3.2m).

Outside of Youtube, you just have to search his name on TikTok to see a bunch of videos with hundreds of thousands of likes. One video of his audition even has 6.4m likes and 45m views 😳

I don't blame Idol producers for overpimping tbh; they know he's gonna bring in that coin for them 🫢🤑

I hope that Iam ends up having a great career whether he wins or not. Continue that hype after the show and make a name for yourself!

2 hours ago, m1key said:

That’s what I’m saying when I tell people that Iam’s popularity is far beyond what Alejandro and Willie’s were. He’s going to be hard to beat.