ANTM : HEROES VS. VILLAINS (WEEK 4 - PHOTOSHOOT POSTED)

*Chris

ArIDrkw.png

happy-campbell.gif

NAOMI: Hello, everyone, and welcome back to America's Next Top Model! It's Week 4, and our models are about to face a challenge inspired by Cycle 14's iconic shadow beauty shots. But before we dive into the action, let me introduce our fabulous judges for this episode. Please welcome the original supermodel of the world, Janice Dickinson, and the self-proclaimed creative genius, Mr. Jay Manuel.

mwrhudtkb6j71.gif?width=400&auto=webp&s=291268e293cf9d87778120f9f203eb6b25bf11c8 6a00d83451b8c369e20133f5dc7d98970b-600wi

NAOMI: Janice, we've witnessed some fantastic shadow beauty shots throughout the years. What advice would you offer to a model aiming to master the art of creating shadows on their face and capturing that perfect light?

JANICE: When it comes to mastering the art of shadows and light, you have to work those angles! Use them to your advantage, to sculpt and define your face. And, most importantly, bring your own personality into the mix. That's the secret to creating a show-stopping shadow beauty shot!

NAOMI: Mr. Jay, you've orchestrated countless photoshoots that involved shadows and lighting. What are your expectations when it comes to achieving that perfect balance of shadow in the beauty shots?

MR. JAY: Achieving that perfect balance of shadow in beauty shots is an art in itself. It's all about subtlety and precision. I expect the shadows to complement the model's features, enhancing their bone structure and creating depth without overwhelming the shot.

NAOMI: Thank you both for those valuable insights, as always.Now, let's get this show rolling! Up first tonight is Whitney!

WHITNEY

owBrDjy.jpg

NAOMI: Whitney, let's get into it. I have to give you credit where it's due; there's visible improvement in this photo compared to last week, and trust me, I made it clear that last week wasn't your best. You've managed to redeem yourself this time, and I'd even go as far as saying this might be your best shot in this competition. Your mastery of the play of light and shadow with your arm is impressive, and your face looks stunning – I see some real potential there. However, there are a couple of things you need to bear in mind. First, the image quality needs to be absolutely top-notch; no exceptions. Second, that necklace you're wearing is hiding your neck, and we need to see the entire neckline. If you'd addressed these issues, I might have been inclined to give you a 9, but we're not quite there yet.

JANICE: Whitney, I kinda really dig this photo. It does remind me of Alexandra's Shadows photo. Obviously, not as great because that photo of hers is perfection. But, your are SMIZING here and got me mesmerized by your beauty in this shot! I wish your neck wasn't covered with that neck piece though but overall a pretty solid shot that I do really like!

MR. JAY: WHITNEY, this is my favorite photo of you so far this season. I love eyes, and the shadows on the brief fit exactly what we’re going for.  You nailed it this week.  I would have liked some neck, but I understand how that can be hard with that choker and pose.

CHANTAL
0WfA11j.png

JANICE: I don't even mind the colours, I appreciate the creativity. I do however, hate the necklace. This seems to be a trend so far with both you & Whitney having horrible neck accessories. I think it's a good shot of you, your expression got me wondering what you're thinking and it really sells the shot. Not the greatest of shots, but a pretty damn good shot to meet this weeks theme! 

NAOMI: Chantal, This week, I have to confess a tad bit of disappointment. While I applaud your colorful and creative approach, it appears you missed capturing the light just right, a crucial aspect for creating those perfect shadows. Your facial expression, I must say, falls short of hitting the mark in my book. But let's talk about that necklace. It's the center of attention, and not in a good way; it's stealing the spotlight from what should be the key elements we were hunting for. We know what you are capable of, and I am sure that you will bounce back from this. 

MR. JAY: I feel like I am having Déjà vu.  This looks like Jessicas photo from last week.  I have the same complaints about this one.  It looks like you’re high.  I do like the colors though.  Same criticism = same score though.

JESSICA

UjFT3gr.png

MR. JAY: This is a beautiful photo, Jessica.  The shadows are placed in a way not to obscure your important facial features. I think this is a huge step up for from last week, I am happy you produced a photo of this calibre.  Great job!

NAOMI: Jessica, my dear, you better recognize that I went out on a limb for you last week... I hope you appreciate it because without that support, you might have found yourself in the comeback series. Luckily, you came through this week, and I'm glad you did; otherwise, you would've faced a wrath a la Tyra Banks, believe me. Onto the image now, the quality of this image is top-notch, an A+ in my book. It is so good it could have easily been taken right from the original shoot. I'm impressed with how you've positioned yourself to maximize those shadow effects, and your face here is a significant improvement from past shoots. However, I don't believe that the wide-open mouth does you any justice, but besides that, this is a fantastic picture that's completely on brief. 

JANICE: LIKE, SLAY! You are FIERCE, HONEY!!! This is SERVING EXCELLENCE. You look so sexy here and the eyes are GIVING, BABY GIRL! This is just an all round fantastic shot and a HUGE IMPROVEMENT from last week! YUP, DARE I SAY, THIS IS PERFECTION! 

KHRYSTYANA

ZYuD5j8.jpg

NAOMI: Your last two pictures were nothing short of excellence, setting the bar very high for what to expect from you. It's only natural that this one might not hit as hard as those; honestly, you could only go down from the last two shoots. However, I want to be clear that I still like what I'm seeing in this picture... The natural look you've embraced in this photo is commendable, and it contributes to conveying the desired overall feel of the picture. That being said, I think a more defined shadow would have elevated this shot to another level.  For me, this is still a great picture, especially considering the brief you were tasked with.

JANICE: WOW! This shot kinda hits a lot of themes to be honest, it's just an effortlessly beautiful shot of you. Your eyes look gorgeous here, the slick hair works and the titled head just adds that movement that is needed in a shot. This is a pretty simple yet effective shot and it works for the theme. I wish your shadow though had more going on as it is a little less exciting but overall a SOLID JOB! 

MR. JAY: You have a great portfolio so far and this is a solid edition to it.  Its also so different then everything else you’ve produced.  I am happy to see just a simple beauty shot.  Your neck is long, and the photo is simple yet beautiful. 

RHIANNA
I6VR4vK.jpg

JANICE: OH, I really like the mystery in this shot! You have been the biggest surprise of the season for me. This shot is fantastic! I just wish the shadow showed a little more to nail the theme but your killer expression is fantastic! Collar bone is always a plus for me. You look just effortlessly gorgeous here and I applaud you for that

MR. JAY: This is an interesting take because I feel like the black and white photo takes away from the contrast you’d get from just shadows. I do like a lot about this photo.  Your eyes specifically draw me in, and the plants are a great edition. 

NAOMI: It's safe to say that you've made a major improvement from last week where, quite frankly, I didn't feel you had met the brief. But this week, you've turned it around, and I must say, you've absolutely nailed it. You've delivered precisely what was asked of you... I'm utterly obsessed with the mysterious look you've channeled in this photo.  It's clear that you've found the light in all the right places to give us those dramatic shadows. Some might say it's a bit too much shadow, but honestly, I'd rather have too much shadow than not enough. Overall, this hits all the marks for me. You've taken the critique from last week to heart and came back stronger. Bravo! 

KATARZYNA
pPNsIRB.jpg

MR. JAY: I know I said last week that it was your best photo, but you stepped it up again.  It’s a simple, beauty shot, and I can see all your features despite the shadows.  Please bring me more of this side of you because you can absolutely be a contender. 

NAOMI: What a pleasant surprise it is to see that for the second week in a row, you're awake and thriving in this competition. This image is simply breathtaking, and I'm loving everything that you're delivering in this shot. The way you've captured the light in this photo is undeniably the highlight of the image, and it brings everything together perfectly. This is exactly the kind of performance we've been looking for from you, and I must say, it's about time. 1

JANICE: You are improving week on week! This is probably your BEST SHOT TO DATE! Just something so serene about this shot. Like your expression just works with the overall colour scheme of the shot, like the AESTHETICS? ON POINT! I am really loving the simplicity of the shots this week. You look great here. I wish the cropped photo wasn't this cropped though as I would've like to have seen some more body but overall, good job. It's just the missing top half of your head is a little offputting for me.

ELINA
BjW3Zrn.jpg

JANICE: This is a stunning shot, no doubt. But, I don't really get any shadow from this? I guess it's due to the colour schemes in this shot as I can see some shadows the more I look at the shot but I just don't get mesmerized by the shot instantly. Collar bones are always a plus for me. Overall, a decent job but not one of your best. 

NAOMI: Elina, I must commend you for taking a risk and venturing down the colorful path, which was a bold choice. However, I have to be honest with you; While the image carries a certain dark and mysterious vibe, I'm not truly captivated by your facial expression. Much like some of your fellow models this week, there's a sense of disappointment when it comes to the overall quality of the photo, considering where we are in the competition. It's not a bad picture by any means, but it's not quite hitting the mark compare to the other models.

MR. JAY: I have consistently given you great scores all season, but I feel like this is a step down from the level you’ve been performing at.  I don’t love the red lighting and your face is a little harsher when I understand is a decision on your part.  I do love the eyes though and of course you know I love a neck.  So, its’ not all bad there are just some decisions that I don’t particularly love. 

MONIQUE
5bpnTfW.jpg

NAOMI: Monique, I have to give credit where it's due, and this is how a side pose should be executed. It's not just good; it's absolutely breathtaking. The way you're photographed in this image is probably the best you've been captured thus far in the competition. There's a certain natural and effortless quality to your look here, and I'm genuinely impressed by the grace you're channeling. However, I can't help but feel that there's one element missing – the shadow. I believe a touch more shadow would have elevated this picture to an even higher level. Nonetheless, overall, I'm quite pleased with what I'm seeing in this shot. 

MR. JAY: I don’t love this photo, Monique.  I am not seeing the shadows the brief asked for.  It is nice to see tackle the beauty shot as you’ve given us a lot of high fashion up to now. Its not dynamic and when scrolling through this isn’t the photo that I stop at.  I do like the 45% profile I just wish we had more shadow. 

JANICE: OKAY, NECK! SLAY! But again, shadow is kinda lost here but this look is GIVING HONEY! You are staring into my soul and out for blood. You look AMAZING! I am very impressed overall. The elongation of your neck is also a bonus and I do love this shot. 

KRISTIN
ElvlFDA.jpg

NAOMI: Kristin, much like Khrystyana, it's only natural that you might not reach the same heights as last week's flawless picture. However, I want to make it crystal clear that this image is far from being a failure. There are many elements here that I absolutely adore... The mysterious aura you've created with your side-eyed look and those bold red lips are truly captivating. The choice to photograph against a stark black background, with the play of light and shadow, brings that mystery to life. There is room for improvement when it comes to the image's quality, and it could've been elevated to a higher degree.  At the end of the day, this is yet another strong picture from you! 

JANICE: Probably, your weakest shot to date BUT your weakest is some model's best. So there's that. I love the creativity of this shot and having half of your face in the light and the other half in the shadow is fantastic. It just works so well. Not usually a fan of red lip stick but you are making it work, HONEY! This is a solid shot, I love your bone structure. Overall, a great job, Kristin! 

MR. JAY: I really like this photo, Kristin.  I think shadow over the eye gives an air of mystery to the photo and the bright red lip really makes the photo pop.  The choices made in this photo are A+.  Simple, elegant, and stunning. 

LAUREN BRIE

aGfGt8h.jpg

JANICE: P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N! 

MR. JAY: This is more of the Lauren that I was expecting to see this season.  I don’t think its perfection, but there’s a lot of things going right for it.  It hits the brief, but I feel a lot of what I enjoy about this photo is the addition of the plant. It works well with your skin.  Your eyes are captivating and don’t have much negative to say about it. Your best effort in the contestant so far.

NAOMI: Lauren Brie, you've been on a slow-burning journey in this competition, but I must say, for the second week in a row, you've managed to impress me. This, for me, is undoubtedly one of the best pictures of the week. You've crafted your style beautifully, making every element from your wardrobe to your pose speak volumes. The way you're captured in this photo is nothing short of stunning. What I find truly remarkable is the way the shadow plays on your face.  Keep this momentum going!

DANIELLE

YyGfhZL.jpg

JANICE: 
I said some models are the biggest surprise to me in the competition. You are the biggest disappointment to me in the competition. I don't if I just had higher expectations from you or what. I think you look good here but your eyes look dead to me, it's really the hair making this photo. You are relying on pretty and just not giving anything else. I'm not getting model from this. 

NAOMI: Danielle, darling, you were another model in need of a solid comeback this week, and let me tell you, this is a comeback! Is it my absolute favorite picture of the week? Well, not quite, but I can't deny that I'm truly loving what I see. This might just be my favorite look from you thus far, and the expression on your face is striking. However, there's one little issue I must point out - the darkness of the image tends to hide the shadow elements we were looking for. Everything sort of blends together, and I wish there was a tad more contrast to bring out the shadows. Despite that little issue, it's still a remarkable picture. 

MR. JAY: Of the 3 black and white photos that we received today, this one is my favorite.  You went different then most people where most of the photo is shadow and there is one peak of light right over your right eye and lips. I think that’s a very creative take on the assignment. I just enjoy this photo as a whole. I will say, I don’t think you should have been in the bottom last week, I don’t think you should be this week. 

COMEBACK SERIES

KIMBERLY

qc8NlnS.png

BIANCA

Pl7FeHz.jpg

ALISHA

EMQ5n3N.jpg

---------------------------------------------

VOTING WILL BE OPENED FOR 48 HOURS - YOU CAN VOTE IN THREAD OR PRIVATELY.

YOU HAVE TO SCORE EACH PICTURE OUT OF 10 - .5 SCORE ARE ACCEPTED. 

WHITNEY:

CHANTAL:

JESSICA:

KHRYSTYANA:

RHIANNA:

KATARZYNA:

ELINA:

MONIQUE:

KRISTIN:

LAUREN BRIE:

DANIELLE:

---
KIMBERLY: 

BIANCA: 

ALISHA:

REMEMBER TO BE OBJECTIVE IN YOUR SCORING.

PLEASE ZOOM ON THE PICTURES TO SEE THE FULL SIZE IMAGE.

ArIDrkw.png

article-1316280-0B67A29E000005DC-687_634x412.jpg

NAOMI: This week, we are going to channel a photoshoot from Cycle 24 that I originally planned for later on.
But given that this week, we are celebrating Halloween, we moved the photoshoot to this week... 

PTjF0La.png

AMERICAN HORROR STORY

This photoshoot draws inspiration from American Horror Story series, aiming to capture the haunting, and dark vibes synonymous with the show.

The primary goal is to create high-fashion images that embody the spirit of a season from American Horror Story.

The photos should evoke a sense of unease and intrigue, reflecting the supernatural and eerie elements associated with the selected season.

While embracing the chosen season's vibes is recommended, the top priority is creating a dark, haunting, and high-fashion photograph.

Seasons to draw inspiration from :
Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, Hotel, Roanoke, Cult, Apocalypse, 1984, Double Feature, NYC, or Delicate.

More information on each season - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story 

NOTE:

I do not require to know which season when you are submitting.

You will be judge on the ability to deliver a haunting / dark vibes that gives a nod to AHS.

Edited by *Chris

Oh wow, pretty great shots across the board. Definitely an improvement for a lot of them this week.

WHITNEY: 5 - Too bright and simultaneously low quality. Her face doesn’t really have any definition here.

CHANTAL: 8

JESSICA: 7.5 - Not the shadow giving her a mustache, lol. 🙈 Good shot otherwise.

KHRYSTYANA: 9

RHIANNA: 9

KATARZYNA: 7.5 - Stunning and cinematic. Just doesn’t translate as well in the long shot.

ELINA: 6 - This doesn’t do her beauty justice for me. : /

MONIQUE: 8.5 - Erin c13 scarf beauty teas. I do get the critique about not enough shadow.

KRISTIN: 9.5 - Queen of consistency. 👸

LAUREN BRIE: 9

DANIELLE: 9 - Not sure what Janice is on. This is stunning.

---
KIMBERLY: 7

BIANCA: 9 - Glad to see her produce a shot I love. 😍

ALISHA: 6

ArIDrkw.png

LqdQ.gif

NAOMI : Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to America's Next Top Model! This week, every single one of our models impressed both the judges and the public.

It's been a fierce competition, but unfortunately, one of these amazing models must say goodbye. So, let's get to it!

*Models standing in-front of Naomi and the judges*

NAOMI : The first call-out of this week goes to a model who beautifully captured the light to create the perfect shadow in her picture...

aGfGt8h.jpg

LAUREN BRIE

[JUDGES: 29.00 || PUBLIC: 25.50 ]

NAOMI : Congratulations, Lauren Brie, on your first call-out of the season! Keep that momentum going, girl. The following models are also safe...

ElvlFDA.jpg

KRISTIN

[JUDGES: 25.50 || PUBLIC: 25.17 ]

pPNsIRB.jpg

KATARZYNA

[JUDGES: 27.00 || PUBLIC: 23.00 ]

UjFT3gr.png

JESSICA

[JUDGES: 28.00 || PUBLIC: 21.83 ]

I6VR4vK.jpg

RHIANNA

[JUDGES: 25.50 || PUBLIC: 23.00 ]

owBrDjy.jpg

WHITNEY

[JUDGES: 25.00 || PUBLIC: 22.67 ]

ZYuD5j8.jpg

KHRYSTYANA

[JUDGES: 24.50 || PUBLIC: 21.50 ]

YyGfhZL.jpg

DANIELLE

[JUDGES: 20.00 || PUBLIC: 23.17 ]

5bpnTfW.jpg

MONIQUE

[JUDGES: 22.00 || PUBLIC: 20.00 ]

NAOMI: Now, Chantal and Elina, please step forward...In front of me, we have two models who've been consistent throughout the competition, but as we all know, one rough week can change everything. 

0WfA11j.png KmpOloD.png

CHANTAL [JUDGES: 19.50 || PUBLIC: 20.50 ]

ELINA [JUDGES: 20.00 || PUBLIC: 19.17 ]

NAOMI : Chantal, your consistency up to this point has paid off, and that's why you're still in the running, despite delivering a lackluster picture.

Elina, you were up against a fellow model who's been consistent throughout the competition, and at the end of the day, it came down to the nitty-gritty.

This is not the end for you. You will be in the comeback, and if I were the other models there, I'd be watching out for you.

Edited by *Chris
  • Sad 1