ANTM : HEROES VS. VILLAINS (WEEK 4 - PHOTOSHOOT POSTED)

*Chris

ArIDrkw.png

ZiNuY0.gif

NAOMI: Welcome back to America's Next Top Model! It's Week 3, and our models are stepping into the world of 1950s Mad Men. With us this evening, we’ve got the original supermodel of the world, Janice Dickinson and the creative guru himself, Mr. Jay Manuel.

Janice-Dickinson-and-Tyra-Banks_02-090222-f3f4732887124cf2ae68479f1e6fc768.jpg jay-manuel.jpg

NAOMI: Mr. Jay, what are you hoping to see from our models in this Mad Men photoshoot?

MR. JAY: Thanks, Naomi. For this challenge, I want our models to capture that 1950s vibe - think sophistication, grace, and a touch of mystery. The Mad Men era was all about that cool '50s confidence and style, and I'm expecting our models to channel that timeless elegance tonight.

NAOMI: Now, let's hear from the fabulous Janice Dickinson. Janice, picture yourself back in the modeling game and tackling this 1950s Mad Men shoot. What's your secret to nailing it and making a statement?

JANICE: Oh, honey, I'd crank up the drama! I'd throw in some sultry looks, a dash of charisma, and let my personality shine through the vintage glamour. Mad Men was all about secrets and allure, right? I'd be the ultimate femme fatale!

NAOMI: Well, that's quite the game plan, Janice! Thanks, you two. And now, without further ado, let's get this show rolling. Up first tonight is Lauren Brie…

LAUREN BRIE

tGULfd8.jpg

NAOMI: Lauren Brie, let me begin by acknowledging that this is the first time in this competition that I'm seeing a real model emerge from you. Your photo doesn't exactly scream '1950s Mad Men,' but I appreciate your choice to embrace a different era with a very glamorous touch. What I absolutely love about this shot is the way you're captured – I can genuinely sense the raw emotion, as if you've just discovered your man's betrayal with another woman. All in all, it's a strong picture, and it's precisely the kind of performance we've been waiting to see from you.

JANICE: WELL! Look who decided to FINALLY SHOW UP! This is without a doubt, your best shot so far and one that really impressed me. I love the stylistic choices here, it's very on theme and I dig the pose, a good collar bone tease always does it for me and you are selling it here. I would buy everything you are wearing. It's just fantastic! I wish you had your eyes open though just to add to the intensity but since you have your hands positioned in that way, it kinda makes me be chilled with the closed eyes. Overall, a solid job, Lauren Brie! I am very pleased with you this week.

MR. JAY: Hey Lauren, I think this is your best photo to date.  This is the kind of work you produced on Top Model, and now you’re capturing that spark again. I like your eyes closed, its adding to the emotion you’re trying to portray.  The neck is beautiful, and the pose is unique.  I really enjoyed your take on this week photoshoot.

RHIANNA

HiKIRpe.jpg

MR. JAY: The colors of your outfit blend into to the background and it sort mutes the whole photo for me.  I am not entirely sure what you’re trying to convey with your face in this photo.  You were fantastic last week, and this just feels like a step down.

NAOMI: Rhianna, last week, you knocked it out of the park with your creative interpretation of the theme, and therefore I had high expectations for this week. Sadly, you haven't quite lived up to them. First off, I'm not entirely sold on the styling – it's giving me more of a HAIM vibe than the Mad Men elegance we were aiming for. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not a terrible picture by any means, but there's a certain je ne sais quoi missing here to really make it pop and stand out.

JANICE: Hm, this is a little pedestrian. You kinda look like a pedestrian too. I don't know, I think this might be a little too basic of a shot, there's nothing really special or anything that stands out here. I think after last week's slayage, I expected more from you. This is a little too safe of a shot for me, your eyes kinda look lifeless to me, it just comes across as a caught in the moment shot, but I like the scenery. The background is my fave part of this shot.

MONIQUE

dRqIPDA.jpg

JANICE: SLAY! The collar bone matched with the leg tease?!?! COME ON SEX APPEAL! I think your hair styling really added to the theme, and the overall aesthetic of the shot. My only problem is, I don't like the hands like that at all, it looks odd to me. I like everything else about the shot besides the hand placement.

NAOMI: Monique, darling, let's get real here. First off, kudos for nailing the overall styling – it does scream that era's essence. I see your effort in working on your facial expression and posture, and there's some actual progress there. But onto some of the issues : that duck decoration on the table is a glaring distraction, stealing the spotlight from your pose. It's like a candid snap with friends for Instagram, not the high-fashion image we were seeking. Overall, you've ticked some of the right boxes, but it's lacking that 'wow' factor. So, pay attention to those fine details and it'll end-up bringing out your photo's full potential.

MR. JAY: I agree with my judges that the fashion is on point for what we were looking for. I feel like the table is in the way though and it cuts into your legs.  I want to see all of the legs! Are you cold, or are you just being icy?  Wrapping your arms,  the way you are makes me wonder if you need a coat, or just want me to stay away!  In either case I just would be a little more wary of what you do with your arms next week.

DANIELLE

j5Rru9a.jpg

NAOMI: Danielle, I can see you're going for that 1950s housewife look in this photo, and there are a few things that are working well, such as your pose and the black and white aesthetic of the image. However, your fashion choice, especially that top you've chosen, is dragging down the overall quality of the picture. I really wish you had elevated your styling while giving it a more modern twist to make it truly stand out. When we compare it to last week's shot, there's a noticeable drop in the quality. We all know you have the potential to deliver outstanding work, so please, don't let the pressure get the best of you.

MR. JAY: I appreciate the choice to go black and white with this photo.  It fits the theme, and I don’t mind what you’re wearing.  I felt Lauren’s closed eyes worked  for her photo, but for yours I would have rather seen them open. This isn’t as triumphant as your last photo, but its not bad.

JANICE: Oh, girl. Bless your heart. You tried, I guess.

ELINA

IXwUwlz.jpg

NAOMI: Elina, let's get straight to it, shall we? You look absolutely mesmerizing in this photo, and I can't deny your styling, makeup, and the modern twist you've added to your look are on point. However, I do have one issue, and that's with the accessory you've included. It's not exactly necessary, and it ends up being a bit distracting. It gives off more of a campaign ad vibe rather than the vibe we were aiming for. But, don't get me wrong, overall, you've done a commendable job. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of you in the competition next week.

JANICE: YESSS!!! You are SERVING FACE, HONEY! This is a stunning shot of you, everything just works. The clothing looks like it was painted on you like this is literally a work of art. I really just love everything about it. You continue to amaze me.

MR. JAY: Glamour.  I am in love with this photo.  The choice to focus on just a close up rather than feature a full body shot was smart.  Make up is flawless, styling impeccable. The mystery behind those eyes has me fully engaged. This is my favorite photo so far.  My only issue is I don’t care for the placement of the right hand, otherwise fantastic.

ALISHA

Hn0U30C.jpg

MR. JAY: Hey Alisha.  So, you know when you are grilling and you’re eating a nice burger?  You bite into the burger and realize there are raw onions on it.  Your preference is to have sauteed onions because it just makes the burger 10 times better.  Well, this photo is the raw onions.  The elements are there to make this a great photo, but you didn’t utilize your ingredients to the fullest.  We needed some booty tooch, we needed a different angle for the head, and we needed to see the neck.  We can’t see the garment either.  Make sure you sauté the onions before you put them on the burger.

NAOMI: First of all, let me address that this photo could have been a perfect fit for that shoe ad photoshoot we had a few weeks ago. Now, onto your current photo – I must say, there are aspects I appreciate, but I'm finding it a bit challenging to understand how it truly fits into the bigger picture of this week's theme. Your pose and the way you're photographed are spot on, although I do wish we could have seen some smizing instead of those eyes completely closed. Overall, it's a good picture, but I'm uncertain about how it will stack up against the other models' shots.

JANICE: Eh. I don't like the looking away, it just looks meh. I want more intensity and life in the eyes. This pose just does not work, it's very model 101. You look like a high school girl talking to her crush and getting happy to be on the call that your legs go criss-cross in the air. I am not a fan of this at all, but it's better than Danielle's, I guess.

JESSICA
j9VAlpn.jpg

MR. JAY: What’s happening here?  That’s the face I have after a cannabis gummy.  I don’t know if I like this photo, but I don’t hate it. The shirt looks little frumpy, but that’s the design of the shirt. On the plus side, I like the hand positioning and I can see that beautiful neck.  Its got element that I like!

JANICE: This is not it, Jessica. Like the styling is great but I don't like the side profile at all because your face just looks weird to me? I'm sorry I don't know how else to phrase it, other than it looks weird. It's just not a flattering view of you and I just think you missed the mark. Not the worst shot of the week, but not the best either. I just wish there was a spark or something that stood out in this shot.

NAOMI: Well, it seems like I'll have to disagree with my fellow judges on this one because, for me, this is the first picture of the week that genuinely impresses me. Part of the brief called for a blend of vintage and modernity, and you've hit that mark square on the head with this photo. I'm in love with your classic look, and the overall vibe of the image ties it all together seamlessly. Now, here's my little issues - as you know I love to give a little feedback – I do wish it wasn't a side profile shot, a more direct look at the camera could have added some extra oomph. Also, I believe you still need to work on your mouth. The way it's slightly open can be a bit distracting. These are minor details, but they can make a significant difference in your overall image and it can go a long way. At the end of the day, while far from being perfect, it's one of the top pictures so far.

WHITNEY

p6YMm57.jpg

NAOMI: Well, Whitney, if I'm honest, we might have just seen my least favorite picture of the week. You know I've been a supporter of yours, but this week, you truly disappointed me. It feels like you didn't put in the effort, from your styling choices to the photo's setting. I get it, cowboys can be sexy, but this one is stealing the show when it's meant to be all about you. Nothing is clicking for me in this shot, except maybe the way your face is captured, but even then, you're just standing there, barely giving us anything. If you're here next week, you've got to step it up, darling!

JANICE: Get that man outta the shot, there's no reason for him. And my eyes go to him instead of you. You look good though, and you are meeting the requirements of the theme. But, I just feel this is not a photo that I would stop on when scrolling through a magazine or on a IG feed. It's just "ok", I want to see you push your boundaries.

MR. JAY: I might be your only fan here!  I love the styling that you chose for this photo, and I think you look beautiful. I don’t love what’s going on in the background, but it looks like you put the man to work, so that makes you a Boss B*tch.  Its not the strongest of the weak, but I feel like its far from the weakest, hopefully you get some support from the voters this time.

CHANTAL

HJUYpUm.jpg

MR. JAY: I wish this was a full length shot, as that pose is GIVING. You look like a supermodel here.  You have me invested in this photo and it makes me want to know who you’re paying attention to. You nailed the brief, good job!

NAOMI: Chantal, darling, there are moments when a picture speaks for itself, and this is one of those moments. There's truly nothing left to say about this image because, in my eyes, it's nothing short of perfection. You've effortlessly blended vintage with the modern, and the entire composition pays a beautiful homage to the Mad Men era. This week, I have no reservations giving a perfect score because this, my dear, is sheer perfection. You've seized the essence of the challenge, and you've delivered it flawlessly. Bravo!

JANICE: Yeah, I like this shot much more than your shot last week. You look like a model here and you are hitting the theme perfectly. I really like your facial expression because I can't really pin-point the exact emotions you are feeling and that makes me intrigued by the photo even more. GREAT JOB!

KHRYSTYANA

HwLwyJI.png

JANICE: KHRYSTYANA! You are the gift that keeps on giving! The aesthetics of this shot on its own, really sells it for me! I like how you are looking away with intent and really just slaying it. I am extremely impressed by you and wouldn't be surprised to see another FCO for you.

NAOMI: After last week's flawless picture, the stakes were high, and I have to say, you didn't disappoint with this one. What truly sets your image apart is the way you've managed to pay tribute to the masculinity of that era, adding your own twist to it. The entire setup of the shoot, along with the carefully chosen accessories, gives us a clear idea of the era you're embodying. If I had to nitpick, I'd say I would have loved a closer shot from the waist up rather than a full-body one, but you know me, I like to pick out those tiny details. Nevertheless, this is another outstanding picture from you.

MR. JAY: You had a tough act, having to follow up last weeks masterpiece.  While it may not be as explosive as your last weeks photo, its still fantastic. The background, styling and pose all work.  You’re showing that you’re not a one trick pony, keep up the good work.

KRISTIN

4hueHJN.jpg

NAOMI: Just like Chantal, this photo is nothing short of perfection. You've brilliantly captured the essence of the 1950s Mad Men era, to the point where it almost feels like this photo could've been plucked right out of Australia's Next Top Model's original photoshoot. This is one of those rare instances where I have no hesitation in awarding a perfect score because you, my dear, have knocked it out of the park. You've embraced the challenge and hit a homerun with this shot.

JANICE: OH! THIS IS FANTASTIC! You look DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! Absolutely STUNNING! I am in AWE and I am just blown away, sheer perfection! You know what, I think it's time.... a perfect score!

MR. JAY: This photo captures the era perfectly.  This is without question your best shot in the competition.  You look like a bond girl, and I mean that in the best way possible.  You’re one of the front runners, for sure.

KATARZYNA 

i1s5tKb.png

JANICE: A huge improvement from your other photos! I like the pose here and the styling, everything works. Adding the black & white, adds more mystery to the photo and I am in awe of this shot. I think you look timeless here.

MR. JAY: Your best photo?  I think so. Each week you’re getting stronger.  You can still do more, but I think you can do great things, and I will expect to see them. The thing I like most about this photo is the pose. You’re giving me so many different angles.  The black and white was a great choice. 

NAOMI: Katarzyna, it's no secret that you've had your share of struggles in this competition, and I haven't hesitated to call you out on it. I've made it clear that it seemed like you'd forgotten how to model. However, this week, you've shown that you do remember how to be a model, after all. This is easily your best photo thus far. While it may not scream Mad Men like other pictures, it does offer a nod to another past era with a touch of glamour. But, in all honesty, this is precisely what we've been waiting for from you, and you've finally delivered. Keep building on this momentum, darling, and who knows how far you can go in this competition.

COMEBACK SERIES

BIANCA

aCmUEU3.jpg

KIMBERLY
a58J2r7.png

---------------------------------------------

VOTING WILL BE OPENED FOR 48 HOURS - YOU CAN VOTE IN THREAD OR PRIVATELY.

YOU HAVE TO SCORE EACH PICTURE OUT OF 10 - .5 SCORE ARE ACCEPTED. 

Lauren Brie

Rhianna : 

Monique : 

Danielle :

Elina :

Alisha :

Jessica :

Whitney :

Chantal :

Khrystyana :

Kristin :

Katarzyna :

---
Bianca

Kimberly :

REMEMBER TO BE OBJECTIVE IN YOUR SCORING.

PLEASE ZOOM ON THE PICTURES TO SEE THE FULL SIZE IMAGE.

• Like 2

naomi-campbell-gq-1215-6.jpg

For the 4th photoshoot, we are coming back to America's Next Top Model, precisely Cycle 14.

This theme will all be about beauty shots and finding your light.

o0BoDtj.png

SHADOW BEAUTY SHOTS

This photoshoot focuses on shadow beauty, embracing the play of light and shadow on the models' faces.

There's no strict definition of what a shadow should be; instead, we encourage creativity to flourish.

The key is to incorporate some form of shadow into the photograph, allowing for artistic interpretation.

At the end of day, you must draw inspiration from the unique and artistic approach to shadows seen on Cycle 14.

Achieving similar results is a bonus, but originality is highly valued.

• *Chris changed the title to ANTM : HEROES VS. VILLAINS (WEEK 4 - PHOTOSHOOT POSTED)

Tentative ranking!

4hueHJN.jpg

ugh, fine

HJUYpUm.jpg

The styling isn't exactly right but it's so close and checks off all the boxes for the shoot imo

a58J2r7.png

For some reason I like this. the bed makes it Mad Men haha

i1s5tKb.png

I feel like I'm giving more points for sexy than I should in this photoshoot lol

p6YMm57.jpg

The era is not right, but woman in professional clothes sleeping with a man is, again, a sort of Mad Men vibe

tGULfd8.jpg

It's not giving me 50s, but I think the production quality, expression, and overall mood makes this a good choice

Hn0U30C.jpg

See Lauren Brie above, same thing

HwLwyJI.png

idk, the styling is giving me a bit parody instead of Mad Men, a different vibe than the ones above but this still makes sense 

dRqIPDA.jpg

Not the greatest quality image but the styling and mood works I think

j5Rru9a.jpg

I understand this choice conceptually but ultimately it skews too catalogue for me

aCmUEU3.jpg

This could be giving "eXoTiC" guest actress for a Mad Men episode but doesn't quite hit the mark imo

HiKIRpe.jpg

I think better lighting/quality would put this higher

IXwUwlz.jpg

Pretty, better lighting than Rhianna but I'm not getting as much of a connection to the theme/era

j9VAlpn.jpg

Not a big fan of this expression/make-up

Definitely a bit of a step down in quality from last week for a good number of them. But understandable as this theme is more niche and was probably harder to find suitable photos for.

Lauren Brie : 8.5

Rhianna : 8 - There’s something intriguing about this one. I think the judges underrated it a bit.

Monique : 9

Danielle : 6.5

Elina : 9.5 - Disagree with Naomi, the mirror *makes* this shot.

Alisha : 7.5

Jessica : 4 - What is this makeup, hunny? :wacko:

Whitney : 5 - Makeup detracts from everything else I like about the shot.

Chantal : 8.5 - Would be just about perfect if not for the hands.

Khrystyana : 9.5

Kristin : 10 - Slayyyy.

Katarzyna : 9.5 

---
Bianca : 4.5

Kimberly : 8.5

Edited by rdhaley96
Bumped Chantal down half a point.

ArIDrkw.png

naomi-campbell-forget-it.gif

NAOMI: Models, we'll find out who aced it and who will be leaving us...

This week, we'll unveil the public's score alongside the highest judge's score.

As always, the eliminated model will be decided based on their overall average.

*Models standing in-front of Naomi and the judges*

NAOMI: The first call-out this week goes to a model who left us all speechless.

Her photo was pure perfection and captured the essence of the 1950s Mad Men era. That model is...

4hueHJN.jpg

KRISTEN

[JANICE: 10 || PUBLIC: 27.56 ]

NAOMI: Kristen, you've snatched the top spot for the second time in this competition.

Your consistency is undeniable, and you're a real force. The following models are safe for another week...

HJUYpUm.jpg

CHANTAL

[NAOMI: 10.00 || PUBLIC: 25.69 ]

HwLwyJI.png

KHRYSTYANA

[JANICE: 9.00 || PUBLIC: 24.75 ]

i1s5tKb.png

KATARZYNA

[NAOMI: 8.00 || PUBLIC: 25.50 ]

IXwUwlz.jpg

ELINA

[JANICE: 9.00 || PUBLIC: 22.69 ]

tGULfd8.jpg

LAUREN BRIE

[JANICE: 8.50 || PUBLIC: 23.06 ]

dRqIPDA.jpg

MONIQUE

[JANICE: 8.00 || PUBLIC: 25.50 ]

p6YMm57.jpg

WHITNEY

[JAY: 7.50 || PUBLIC: 20.06 ]

j9VAlpn.jpg

JESSICA

[NAOMI: 8.00 || PUBLIC: 16.31 ]

HiKIRpe.jpg

RHIANNA

[JANICE: 6.50 || PUBLIC: 18.75 ]

NAOMI: Now, I have two models standing in front of me, but only one photo in my hand.

Alisha, your picture showed promise but struggled to showcase your full potential.

Danielle, on the other hand, we were disappointed with your photo this week.

So, who will be leaving today? The one who needs to refine her skills or a winner who hasn't been consistent ?

ODuHVjG.jpg j5Rru9a.jpg

ALISHA [NAOMI: 6.50 || PUBLIC: 19.69 ]

DANIELLE [JAY: 6.50 || PUBLIC: 20.63 ]

NAOMI: Danielle, consider this a warning, as your previous First Call-Out most likely saved you. We need to see the Danielle we know and love.

Alisha, you've been in the middle of the pack throughout your time with us, except for this week. Unfortunately, that cost you.

You now have a clear idea of what you need to showcase in the comeback series to make it through. The journey isn't over yet!