Songs of the 2000s Mini Rankdowns (2023 Round)

Steven_

16. I HOPE – GABBY BARRETT FEAT. CHARLIE PUTH

2fd91c60e328de1419364423a6948a1c.1000x1000x1.jpg

AUDIO VIDEO LINK

QC: 2

VICTORIA: 3

AKSHAR: 4

DIANA: 9

WALLACE: 10

PRISCILLA: 11

CHRIS: 12

COREY: 12

DEREK: 13

RICHARD: 13

REI: 14

QK: 15

LILY: 16

GIGI: 17

ALEX: 20

ERIK: 20

NICO: 20

STEVEN: 20

QC

(9/10) This song makes clear how much better of a singer Gabby is compared to Charlie. It probably goes without saying that I wish the original were here instead... Charlie did not do any favors here. He needs to stick to songs like "One Call Away" (which for the record I like) where he doesn't actually need to show some power.

WALLACE

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112e4dc02a6aa5273b5b1a027a4648b3e501e98b09&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Lol I know I may be in the minority but I was really glad to see Akshar & Victoria putting through "I Hope" by Gabby Barrett featuring Charlie Puth in the finals. :wub:  I know I am one of the few Gabby fans on here but I thought she did reallly well with her post American Idol career, especially of the ABC era. There's no denying she's probably the most successful of the ABC era and it was all thanks to "I Hope" really blowing up on the charts. This song did well on the country charts and then it crossed over with a pop remix with Charlie Puth and did really well there. The more I heard "I Hope," the more I grew to love it! I do love the production, the emotional connection and vocal delivery that both Gabby & Charlie deliver here. 

I do love how softly Gabby starts off the song. I know her ~twang causes a lot of controversy but something about how she sings that first verse really reminds me of Miley Cyrus. Some parts I really hear Miley. I do love how she sings some parts of the song in a faster way, like how she sings:

And gets you thinking 'bout her
Then the last several miles turn into a blur, yeah

But I really love how she booms and powers through the chorus of the song and that part is so good!

I hope you both feel the sparks by the end of the drive
I hope you know she's the one by the end of the night
I hope you never ever felt more free
Tell your friends that you're so happy
I hope she comes along and wrecks every one of your plans
I hope you spend your last dime to put a rock on her hand
I hope she's wilder than your wildest dreams
She's everything you're ever gonna need 

And then I hope she cheats
Like you did on me
And then I hope she cheats
Like you did on me

Gabby really pours her heart out on that chorus! :omg: Charlie Puth was a really interesting and unexpected collaborative duet partner on this song. I am curious and wonder how he was approached or chosen as the duet partner here, hmm. But I do love his part and really enjoy what he brings to this song. I especially love how he sings the latter part of his verse:

And, baby, I, I hope you work it out
Forgive and just about forget
Let him take you on a first date again
And when you lean in for a kiss

I also love how Charlie sings the chorus, but he sings it in his/a male prespective, which has a lot of the same lyrics but just changed pronouns.

I hope you both feel the sparks by the end of the drive
I hope you know he's the one by the end of the night
I hope you never ever felt more free
Tell your friends that you're so happy
I hope he comes along and wrecks every one of your plans
I hope he spends his last dime to put a rock on your hand
I hope he's wilder than your wildest dreams
He's everything you're ever gonna need 

And then I hope he cheats
Like you did on me
And then I hope he cheats
Like you did on me

Then comes the bridge and I love how Gabby sings the part that goes:

I hope she makes you feel the same way about her
That I feel about you right now

Then I also love how Gabby and Charlie belt out and power through the rest of the song with the choruses and ad-libs they sing. Then they bring down the song nicely at the end. They both really shine so well on this song! :yes: "I Hope" was my favorite country song of 2020, so I would love for it to be the highest ranked country song, personally speaking. But I know for a fact that won't happen at all, so all I will hope for is that hopefully this can escape the first set but I'm not even sure of that happening. :haha:

CHRIS

Only song of hers that I can tolerate, but the original is better than this duet.

COREY

Powerful singing and powerful lyrical content, but just not a rockin' tune.

RICHARD

Definitely a pretty solid song. I’m not certain it works as a duet from a lyrical standpoint, nor do I feel like Gabby and Charlie’s voices gel all that well. Otherwise, it’s a good listen overall.

STEVEN

I'm not a fan of Gabby's fake twangy voice, I don't care for the song, and I don't think this lyrically makes sense as a duet.

15. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW – CARLY PEARCE & LEE BRICE

20c74e953f2a5c0a1ae8745f59b77453.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

QK: 2

AKSHAR: 5

CHRIS: 6

VICTORIA: 7

DIANA: 8

STEVEN: 9

NICO: 11

REI: 11

DEREK: 12

ERIK: 14

GIGI: 16

RICHARD: 16

COREY: 17

PRISCILLA: 17

ALEX: 18

LILY: 19

QC: 19

WALLACE: 19

STEVEN

This is a solid collaboration between Carly Pearce and Lee Brice. I like Carly's contribution better, but Lee does a good job too. It's kind of a low-key song, but I like the lyrics. The music video is good too.

RICHARD

Anything is a good palate cleanser after having to listen to “WAP.” But standing on its own, this is a pretty standard-fare country song. It’s decently pretty, but it’s not really distinctive in any way until the second half. The two singers sound quite nice together, and he adds a certain power to the track that I think it needed.

COREY

A touch of caffeine gives this country song a slight edge over others of its type, but it's still rather slow going.

QC

(5/10) I don't think the song was bad at all but it didn't really stick with me. I will probably never listen to this again.

WALLACE

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNdRrjGqhJgDoH1ZZMdXK

"I Hope You're Happy Now" is another song I'm not too familiar with or listen to regularly, but it's nice and enjoyable enough. I do quite like Carly Pearce. She has a really lovely and gorgeous voice. She really carries the song for me. As for Lee Brice, he's got a nice country male voice and he sings his part well, but I don't really know or care much for him. :ph34rwave: I do like the parts where they harmonize and sing together - as well as Carly's solo parts. I'm not sure how this will do. I'm not expecting it to do too well but it could do better than what I think.

14. BEFORE YOU GO – LEWIS CAPALDI

c3953ca4e4d8e643c94a21fccc04c127.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ERIK: 2

STEVEN: 2

CHRIS: 4

ALEX: 8

REI: 9

RICHARD: 9

QK: 10

AKSHAR: 14

DEREK: 14

PRISCILLA: 15

VICTORIA: 15

COREY: 16

WALLACE: 16

DIANA: 17

LILY: 17

NICO: 17

GIGI: 18

QC: 20

STEVEN

I like "Someone You Loved" better, but this is another really good song from Lewis Capaldi. He excels with these heartbreaking ballads. He sounds great and delivers the emotion of the lyrics well.

ALEX

I don’t really listen to him but I’ve liked the two songs from him in the top 20s so far

RICHARD

He seems to really like the emotionally-heavy material, but this one ranks higher for me because he doesn’t lay it on quite as thick as he did with “Someone You Loved.” It’s not cloying in that same way, so it’s easier for me to appreciate everything I like about this track, like the pretty guitar backing and his gritty but layered vocals.

COREY

The vocals are heartfelt, but it is not as affecting as his other hit.

WALLACE

before-you-go-lewis-capaldi.gif

"Before You Go" is a really nice and beautiful song from Lewis Capaldi. However, it does feel very similar to "Someone You Loved" and sometimes I think of it as the inferior version of that song. :ph34rwave: But with that said, I do still really like this song. I especially like how Lewis sings the latter part of the first verse and how it goes into the pre-chorus where he sings:

'Cause now that they're gone
All I hear are the words that I needed to say 

When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, time can heal but this won't

But then I really love how he belts out and powers through the chorus of the song where he sings: 

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather
So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go

That part is really good and the standout part to me. :yes: 

Hmm the verses don't really stand out or do too much for me but they are still good. However, the bridge is another really good and powerful part of the song where Lewis sings:

Would we be better off by now
If I'd have let my walls come down
Maybe I guess we'll never know
You know
You know

That's another great part there! Then I love how Lewis sings and belts out the rest of the song. He sings the song with so much heart, passion and emotion. I don't expect "Before You Go" to do nearly as well as "Someone You Loved" but I think it could do decently.

QC

(-0.00103299/10) I cannot stand this song.

13. DIE FROM A BROKEN HEART – MADDIE & TAE

1f22c427f1d5c4138d8d9fbfb1ff7e2a.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

QK: 1

DIANA: 3

ERIK: 5

AKSHAR: 6

STEVEN: 6

CHRIS: 10

QC: 10

VICTORIA: 10

DEREK: 11

GIGI: 13

NICO: 13

PRISCILLA: 14

RICHARD: 15

REI: 18

ALEX: 19

COREY: 20

LILY: 20

WALLACE: 20

STEVEN

Maddie & Tae sound pretty on this song. The melody is kind of low-key and simple, but I like the lyrics here. They deliver this well.

QC

(8/10) It's a nice song, but not one I would actively seek out on my own. I think Madeline did a great job with this song on The Voice and elevated it vocally.

RICHARD

This is a pretty song. There’s not really much else I have to say about it.

COREY

It's not the worst #20 I've ever ranked. It's slightly touching, but the depressing side of it wins out, unfortunately.

WALLACE

I get the chance to put one of QK's favorite artists last in these rankings? I will gladly do so. 🙂 Anyway, "Die from a Broken Heart" is a really nice, pretty and moving song from Maddie & Tae. They have lovely and soothing vocals throughout the song. The line where they sing Mama, can you die from a broken heart? sticks out the most to me. It's so deep and sad. This is a good song from Maddie & Tae but sadly it's one of the songs I'm least familiar with as I don't listen to this regularly.

16. Ah yeah I knew that "I Hope" would have a lot of polarizing rankings here so not completely surprised. But aww bummed that this was the first country song to show up but oh well. But definitely was expecting this to get a number of #20s.... and yikes four of them here. :dead:

15. Well done to "I Hope You're Happy Now" making it to 15th. Not here for this beating out "I Hope" but lol I'll live. :haha: Kinda surprised Chris didn't rank this higher. But I was expecting the rankings to be all over the place. 

14. Ahh wow quite a difference from how "Before You Go" ranks vs. how  "Someone You Loved"  ranked. 😮 Definitely not surprised to see this Lewis song rank much lower. Interesting how there are a lot of/multiple rankings from #14 through #17, which probably explains why it ranks here.

13. "Die From A Broken Heart" is another song with a very diverse range and mix of rankings here. It has nearly every ranking spot covered -  and ooo lots of #10s. A pretty song so I do get the positive comments for it. 

Ahh ok this was a much better set for me, so I can't complain here. :haha: I think I got the following left: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15 and 17. 

Lots more #20s got revealed while the first #1 is revealed of this latest set. 😮 

#1s revealed (1): QK
#1s remaining (18): Akshar, Alex, Chris, Corey, Derek, Diana, Erik, Gigi, Lily, Nico, Priscilla, QueenCami, Rei, Richard, Steven, Victoria, Wallace

#20s revealed (14): Priscilla, Rei, Akshar, Chris, Gigi, Victoria, Alex, Erik, Nico, Steven, QueenCami, Corey, Lily, Wallace
#20s remaining (4): Derek, Diana, QK, Richard

12 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

That shout out from @*Wallaceas if he doesn't always rank my favorite songs last anyways is amusing me. 

I don't do it purposely though (except this time). They just happen to rank there for me. But I don't always rank your favorite songs last either. :haha: 

12. CIRCLES – POST MALONE

f4eaf096cd899f0ae22d00d8a6004dd1.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ALEX: 3

NICO: 3

QC: 5

WALLACE: 6

PRISCILLA: 7

RICHARD: 8

DEREK: 9

REI: 10

COREY: 11

VICTORIA: 11

STEVEN: 12

ERIK: 13

DIANA: 14

QK: 14

LILY: 15

CHRIS: 17

AKSHAR: 18

GIGI: 19

NICO

Easily his best (and imo only good) era

QC

(8.75/10) I wanted to not like this song but honestly I enjoyed this.

WALLACE

search_results.gif

I knew that "Circles" was eligible for the 2020 list, so I was really hoping for "Better Now" to make it through for 2019, while "Circles" would have its chance to shine for 2020. Phew, I am glad that all worked out perfectly there. :haha: I'm also kinda loving how well Post Malone is doing in this rankdown, which I was not expecting to happen in this game. Doing well in the sense of having a song in the rankdown, not so much them ranking well. :haha: Anywho, I do love "Circles" and think this is a beautiful song from Post Malone. I love how he switches up and can do a variety of songs in his discography. But it seems his emotional songs are the ones that do better here, which I get. I do like the pop/rock feel of this song. Post really pours a lot of heart and emotion into the opening verse. I really love the parts where he sings:

We couldn't turn around till we were upside down
I'll be the bad guy now 

I couldn't be there even when I try

Lol that "I'll be the bad guy now" always reminds and makes me think of Billie Eilish's "bad guy." :haha: But then I reallly love the chorus of the song where Post sings:

Seasons change and our love went cold
Feed the flame 'cause we can't let go
Run away, but we're running in circles
Run away, run away
I dare you to do something
I'm waiting on you again, so I don't take the blame
Run away, but we're running in circles
Run away, run away, run away

So good and emotional there. 😢 The second verse is another great part of the song. I especially love the parts where Post sings:

Let go, I got a feeling that it's time to let go 

You thought that it was special, special
But it was just the sex though, the sex though
And I still hear the echoes (The echoes)

:bobo:

Then from the bridge, I love the parts where Post sings:

Maybe you don't understand what I'm going through
It's only me, what you got to lose?
Make up your mind, tell me, what are you gonna do?
It's only me, let it go

"Circles" is a reallly great and enjoyable track from Post Malone. I don't know if it's my favorite of his, probably not, but I do love it and it's amongst one of my favorites of his. Ooh and the music video is reallly interesting. It's not really at all what I expected from how I picture and listen to the song but oh well. :haha: I don't expect "Circles" to do all that well here as his previous songs didn't rank too highly. But I think this has a great chance of besting "Better Now"'s 16th ranking, so we'll see how this does but I'm excited to see where this ends up ranking.

RICHARD

Glad this one could make it this year since it didn’t make the cut last time. I like how the chill vibes contrast the melancholic lyrics. It’s just a good listen overall.

COREY

Post Malone's songs are often depressing, but this one is just the right tempo to be hypnotic, and it seems to go well with the lyrics.

STEVEN

I don't mind this song. It's not something I would seek out to listen to, but it's probably the only Post Malone song I somewhat enjoy listening to.

11. ADORE YOU – HARRY STYLES

d9394c69245db943032661e868958557.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

STEVEN: 1

PRISCILLA: 3

WALLACE: 4

REI: 5

QC: 6

GIGI: 7

RICHARD: 7

CHRIS: 9

VICTORIA: 9

ALEX: 12

LILY: 12

AKSHAR: 13

COREY: 15

ERIK: 16

NICO: 16

QK: 17

DEREK: 20

DIANA: 20

STEVEN

"Adore You" is my favorite Harry Styles song. I was torn between advancing this or "Watermelon Sugar" since I thought the latter would rank better, but I'm glad "Adore You" is the one here. It's a very catchy song with a sleek and funky production. I like Harry's earnest delivery here too. He sounds great, and I like the different dynamics he showcases with his voice. "Adore You" always makes for an enjoyable listen, and it's my favorite song out of this Top 20.

WALLACE

cbfc0d9007828c9dbb59ebaa6ebc4ea4.gif

I do really love "Adore You" by Harry Styles. I actually consider this my favorite song of Harry's, so I am really glad and thankful for Rei & Steven advancing this together as a pair. Although I also feel sad for "Watermelon Sugar" getting shafted as I wouldn't have minded that being in the Top 20 too. :( But yeah I really enjoyed the music/songs that Harry came up with more with his Fine Line album but especially with "Adore You." I do love the light and breezy feel of this song as it has such an easylistening and enjoyable sound to it. I love how he sings the opening verse especially the part where he belts out I get so lost inside your eyes. :bobo:

Then I love how he builds the song up some more on the pre-chorus where he sings:

You don't have to say you love me
You don't have to say nothing
You don't have to say you're mine

I absolutely love the chorus and the sound of it where Harry sings:

Honey
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Oh honey
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Like it's the only thing I'll ever do
Like it's the only thing I'll ever do

From the second verse, I love the part where Harry sings:

Brown skin and lemon over ice
Would you believe it?

I also like how Harry changes up the pre-chorus of the song the second time where he sings: 

You don't have to say you love me
I just wanna tell you something
Lately you've been on my mind

Equally as good and fun as the last pre-chorus! :yes: Then I love how Harry sings the rest of the song. He provides strong and great vocals towards the end though he does throughout the whole song. Ooh I haven't really seen this music that much before so I kinda forgot how it was but it's a reallly interesting and unique watch, to say the least. :haha:   

I feel Harry has a lot to live up to now because "Sign of the Times" won in the 2017 round so it's a wonder if he can pull out the win here. I would have much preferred for Harry to win with this song but I'm not sure if it will happen, but I also would rather my Top 3 to win more over this song. But if this wins, I wouldn't be mad about it.

QC

(8.75/10) I'm so annoyed about this because I do not like Harry Styles, but this is a reasonably good and catchy song. If I weren't trying to be somewhat objective about this, I would place this in 20th.

RICHARD

Harry just has a great voice for this type of music. It gels so well with the production here and makes for a pretty compelling listen. Lyrically, it’s a bit generic in the chorus, and that’s really the only thing that keeps me from ranking this higher.

ALEX

I wonder how he feels that he will never create something as good as “Sign of the Times” again

COREY

Just enough tempo to make it a pop song instead of a ballad. In other words, I am neutral on this.

10. WAP – CARDI B FEAT. MEGAN THEE STALLION

fafcc0242f48734290ed600204a13b9b.1000x1000x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

DEREK: 1

LILY: 1

PRISCILLA: 1

QC: 1

ALEX: 2

REI: 4

DIANA: 6

NICO: 6

ERIK: 11

GIGI: 11

VICTORIA: 13

AKSHAR: 17

WALLACE: 17

CHRIS: 19

COREY: 19

STEVEN: 19

QK: 20

RICHARD: 20

QC

(9.25/10) Some of the lyrics in this song are just so funny to me. I also think that Megan's part is particularly great sonically.

ALEX

This song forced Ben Shapiro to reveal to the world he can’t satisfy his wife. How could you not stan?

NICO

Quotable af, actually fun and the memes that came from it? Sign me up for more of this.

WALLACE

wap-cardi-b.gif

LOL I was kinda loving the push for "WAP" to get into the finals here. :dead: But ughh, okay... I know "WAP" is an iconic song with an iconic video but I'll be lying that I was reallly hoping and preferring for "Savage" to make the finals. I knew it wouldn't survive the cuts round because we can't have nice things, but ugh I wish I pushed harder for that. 😭 But oh well, this song is a great powerhouse collaboration between Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion. I hate that I can only rank "WAP" here but I just happen to prefer the other songs ranked higher. :blushingwave: I know "WAP" is definitely not a song for everyone and I expect polarizing rankings and comments - and maybe the song with the most #20s but hopefully not. But okay "WAP" is a jam and this song had lots of buzz and attention to it, which I totally get. :bobo: But LOL I don't even know if I can quote my favorite parts here? PROBABLLYY not. :dead: Already at the start... there's that There's some **** in this house part that cracks me up. :dead: 

But I love how both Cardi and Megan rap on this song! Cardi starts off with a slower but sexy style of rapping and she kills it on her part. Hmmm.... a few parts that I love from her are where she raps:

I want you to park that big Mack Truck
Right in this little garage 

I don't cook, I don't clean
But let me tell you how I got this ring

LOL I was kinda obsessed with that "I don't cook, I don't clean" line. :dead: But I love how Megan comes in with the faster styled rapping and she kills it on her part as well. I'm not really sure of my favorite parts from her but I do love how she raps the latter part of her verse/chorus

Now get your boots and your coat
For this 
He bought a phone just for pictures
Of this 
Pay my tuition just to kiss me
On this 
Now make it rain if you wanna
See some 

Had to remove some parts there but yeah. :dead: Those parts are catchy for sure! :bobo: Cardi and Megan continue on killing it with their respective 2nd verses on the song. The part that really stands out to me there is where Megan raps:

Put him on his knees, give him something to believe in
Never lost a fight, but I'm looking for a beating

Then I love and am here for how Cardi and Megan sings the chorus throughout the rest of the song. It's so fun and catchy! :bobo: The song is a jam but I also really like the video too. Cardi and Megan are both hot in it. And oooo Normani is dancing in it at the end too! But yeah I am so interested in seeing how this ranks and the various comments on this. I'm just hoping this can avoid the 20th spot, so fingers crossed. :haha: But if not, at least it made it here.

COREY

The background makes it sound like it might be a good chanting song, but in the end, the vulgarity and shock value are the only thing it has going for it. I can't believe this song made it past the radio censors. Their poor mothers!

STEVEN

Somehow I never got around to listening to "WAP" until now. It's a song I was aware of and what WAP stood for, but I just never heard it before. And now that I have...yeah, it ranks low for me. I'm not bothered by its inclusion in our Top 20, but it's not something I'd want to listen to again.

RICHARD

I can see why some people might like this one, but… blech. That is all.

9. RAIN ON ME – LADY GAGA & ARIANA GRANDE

9d496f64593bd750bc59ffe3108acdf8.1000x1000x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

CHRIS: 2

COREY: 3

DEREK: 4

DIANA: 4

GIGI: 4

LILY: 6

QK: 7

REI: 7

ERIK: 9

NICO: 10

RICHARD: 10

AKSHAR: 12

STEVEN: 13

WALLACE: 13

ALEX: 14

QC: 14

PRISCILLA: 19

VICTORIA: 19

COREY

Lady Gaga is one of the few diamonds in the sea of unmelodious songs of 2020. This is actually my 4th favorite Lady Gaga song of that year, but my top three didn't make the year-end cut.

RICHARD

Interestingly, Ariana sort of steals the track for me. Gaga’s released much more distinctive music in comparison, so she doesn’t quite stand out as much here compared to her other material, but when she and Ariana come in together, it definitely makes the song more memorable. It’s overall a solid track with some good pop production.

STEVEN

"Rain On Me" is okay. It's not a bad song, but it is kind of forgettable.

WALLACE

rain-on-me-rain-on-me-music-video.gif

Hmm I was not expecting to rank "Rain on Me" this low at #13 but somehow it just ended up this low. :lmao: This is still a great and reallly fun song and a great powerhouse pop collaboration from Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande! This song has such a fun feel good energy to it that just always makes me smile. I love how Lady Gaga sings the opening verse that showcases her vocals, especially where she sings:

I didn't ask for a free ride
I only asked you to show me a real good time 

It's coming down on me
Water like misery
It's coming down on me
I'm ready, rain on me

But then I reallly love the pre-chorus that comes in where Lady Gaga sings:

I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive
Rain on me, rain, rain
Rain on me, rain, rain
I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive
Rain on me, rain, rain
Rain on me

The chorus is fun and catchy too. It's not much to it but still really like it!

Rain on me
Mmm, oh yeah, baby
Rain on me

And that dance music that comes in is so fun and infectious! :bobo: I love how Ariana comes in on the second verse and she sounds gorgeous on this song too. I do like her first solo part but I really love the part where she sings the main vocals and Gaga sings the backing vocals.

I can feel it on my skin (It's comin' down on me)
Teardrops on my face (Water like misery)
Let it wash away my sins (It's coming down on me)
Let it wash away, yeah

Then the bridge is another really fun part of the song, even with Lady Gaga's creepy voice on that part. :giggle:

Hands up to the sky
I'll be your galaxy
I'm about to fly
Rain on me, tsunami

"Rain on Me" is a great and fun song from Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande! I also really love the music video and think it's cute and great fun! :bobo: A fun fact about them in this game, both artists have done really well in this game with many of their songs making it to the Top 10 - in fact, I think all of them have? But they never managed to make it to the Top 2 of an individual year. I wonder if them joining forces together will help them make it to the Top 2 and possibly win? I'm not sure but it could happen with the support this song had. 😮 

ALEX

Apologies to the gay community for this ranking.

QC

(8/10) Catchy song, I suspect I would be rating this higher if I hadn't heard it so much before. Love both Gaga and Ariana, so the fact that they collaborated is super cool to me. Also, I really enjoyed Masha's version on this on TVAU.

12. Wow, "Circles" really exceeded my expectations and very glad to see this song making it all the way to 12th here. 😮 I was expecting this to show up on the 2nd set but it being in the 3rd set is even better. This is probably the best a Post Malone song will do here so I will take this. :haha: Glad to see lots of positive comments on this one.

11. Ughh I did kinda fear that "Adore You" wouldn't have done nearly as well as "Sign of the Times" as the latter ended up winning. :/ Sadness about that as I really love and this is my favorite song of Harry's so I'm sad it missed the Top 10. :( Also wow I was not expecting to be one of the highest rankers for this one either. Agreed with Steven's comments minus this being my favorite of the Top 20, lol. :giggle: OMGG LOL QC's comments on this but I'm glad QC gave this a genuine ranking rather than a 20th tank. :haha:

10. Oooh dangg, I was NOT expecting "WAP" to make it to the Top 10 here, sooo I am sooo really shook here. :shock::dead: Despite my low ranking, I'm here for this ranking for it as it's so unexpected. :haha: And I'm always here for a rap song doing well! But ahh yeah I figured this song would have the last two #20s there but whoa, I was not expecting 4 #1s here. Impressive. 😮 Wasn't expecting the #1 from QC and Priscilla, but pretty cool. And also not shocked seeing rankings all over the place here too. :haha:

9. Lol oooh dangg, wow well I'm shocked about "Rain on Me" coming in at 9th. :shock: I thought for sure this would have ranked much higher than this, as it got all of those votes in the voting round. 😮 And ahh even with Lady Gaga and Ariana collaborating, they still can't win here in this game. And wow this is Gaga's lowest showing too, which I wasn't expecting either. The 11 Top 10 ranks isn't surprising here. And oooh wasn't expecting QC to rank this at #14 either. The rankers are surprising me here. :lmao:

I think I got the following left: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 14 and 15. Not too bad here.

With this latest set, all of the #20s are revealed and some more #1s are revealed. 😮 

#1s revealed (6): QK, Steven, Derek, Lily, Priscilla, QueenCami
#1s remaining (12): Akshar, Alex, Chris, Corey, Diana, Erik, Gigi, Nico, Rei, Richard, Victoria, Wallace

#20s revealed (18): Priscilla, Rei, Akshar, Chris, Gigi, Victoria, Alex, Erik, Nico, Steven, QueenCami, Corey, Lily, Wallace, Derek, Diana, QK, Richard
#20s remaining (0): 

1 hour ago, Qorey said:

I can't believe it! #1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 14 & 18!  What will probably ruin it is my #18 being #1.

Oooh omgg so your #18 is winning this game, huh? :dead: 

Although I'm thinking Dua Lipa may win again, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

I am genuinely surprised Wally didn't rank Wap high.  :dead:

You can't always predict how I'm gonna rank huh? :claybleh: 

I do really like "WAP", but it was never really a huge favorite of mine from either artist. I've always been #TeamSavage regarding Megan's songs this year. And I do prefer a number of other Cardi songs more (same with Megan).