Songs of the 2000s Mini Rankdowns (2023 Round)

Steven_

8. GOOD DAYS – SZA

408a54acb517da8a86ce6ea5c3d10a6d.1000x1000x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

NICO: 1

ERIK: 2

ANDY: 3

LILY: 3

ALEX: 5

QC: 5

AKSHAR: 7

RICHARD: 7

DEREK: 8

VICTORIA: 11

CHRIS: 12

PRISCILLA: 12

QK: 13

STEVEN: 14

WALLACE: 14

DIANA: 16

GIGI: 17

COREY: 19

ANDY

Man my top 3 this year might be my favorite top 3 since I've started. Good Days is such an amazing song and already has a nostalgia factor for me. Love the theme of the lyrics here. Also love how SZA put this out in 2021 and then a full year and a half later was like ok I'll put it on an album lol. It fits so well at the end of SOS too, adding that breezy it's-gonna-be-alright feeling to basically close out the album. Amazing song.

ALEX

We need to keep this game alive just for Kill Bill to win the 2023 round.

AKSHAR

I have to admit I didn't of this song until LiBianca sang it on The Voice and I've been obsessed ever since!! Speaking of LiBianca, STREAM "People(Check on Me)"!!!!

RICHARD

I like this one. Very chill, easy listening type of song. I don’t have too much more to say about it, really. Just a really solid listen.

STEVEN

I haven't heard this song before. It's kind of nice. Maybe it could grow on me if I hear it more? But for now, it ranks here for me.

WALLACE

giphy.gif

"Good Days" is one of those songs I didn't really hear or listen to that much but I always enjoy it whenever I do listen to it. It probably is/should be a song I should love like some other people do but I just haven't quite gotten there with this one. :haha: I really like how soothing and ethereal the music is. It's just so pretty and relaxing sounding. ❤️ SZA does sound pretty throughout the song. From the first verse, I do really like the parts where she sings:

Baby, baby, babe
I've been on my empty mind
I try to keep from losin' the rest of me
I worry that I wasted the best of me on you, babe
You don't care
Got me a war in my mind

The chorus has such a pretty and soothing sound to it. I really like how SZA sings it: 

All the while, I'll await my armored fate with a smile
Still wanna try, still believe in
Good days, good days, always
Always inside (Always in my mind, always in my mind, mind)
Good day living in my mind

From the second verse, I like the part where she sings: 

Feelin' like, yeah (On your own)
Feelin' like Jericho
Feelin' like Job when he lost his 

From the bridge, I do love how she sings that part faster where she sings:

Gotta get right
Tryna free my mind before the end of the world
I don't miss no ex, I don't miss no text
I choose not to respond

"Good Days" is a really relaxing and pretty song. The music video is really pretty too, although some parts are also really trippy too. :haha: It's definitely a song I do want and hope to listen to more in the future, as I haven't gotten quite to loving it yet. But I do enjoy and appreciate it. I am sure this will do well as it got lots of votes in the voting round, but I am hoping for this to be the first SZA song to show up on this countdown. But we'll see what happens.

COREY

There is a pleasant shimmering of background instruments that manages to slightly warm up SZA's terrible vocal delivery.

7. TRAITOR – OLIVIA RODRIGO

98165d900280f01948e318ea0ace16fe.853x853x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

QC: 1

AKSHAR: 3

CHRIS: 4

ERIK: 5

PRISCILLA: 5

QK: 6

STEVEN: 6

DIANA: 8

GIGI: 9

ANDY: 10

VICTORIA: 10

ALEX: 11

COREY: 12

DEREK: 13

NICO: 13

WALLACE: 13

RICHARD: 14

LILY: 15

AKSHAR

the "you betrayed me, and I know that you'll never feel sorry" line never gets old. It hits so hard. Everything about this song is just a masterpiece and I love when it gets covered on singing shows because everyone does it justice.

CHRIS

one of my personal favourite of olivia rodrigo and I am pleased to seeing it in this top 20.

STEVEN

"Traitor" wouldn't have been the first Olivia Rodrigo song to show up if it was up to me. It's actually one of my favorite tracks on the album. I like the lyrics, and Olivia sounds very pretty while believably conveying the emotion of the song too.

ANDY

I just want to give Olivia the biggest hug after listening to her album tbh. Very pretty song.

ALEX

This was a proposed cut in our group cut round. We should’ve cut it. We do not need four Olivia songs here.

COREY

The lyrics are great, and the song really goes well with it, but the tempo is still too slow for my taste.

WALLACE

063ee426214944652a22dc07122d5f801bc60811.gif

Ooh gahh, so the thing I feared kinda the most happening this round did end up happening.... with Olivia Rodrigo getting 4 songs in the end. :dead: To be honest, I'm not reallly here for that but I know many people are so that's cool. I think 3 would have been good but feel 4 is too much (for me, anyway - hopefully I'm not the only one to feel that way). I could have personally gone without "traitor" or "deja vu." I feel the same'ish about both songs but not sure which one I prefer, but re-listening to them helped me out. But since this is on "traitor," I'll talk about this. This is a really nice, pretty and soothing song. Olivia sounds really pretty on the opening verse. I do really like how she sings those And ain't it funny? on the pre-chorus.

You betrayed me
And I know that you'll never feel sorry
For the way I hurt, yeah 

You talked to her
When we were together
Loved you at your worst
But that didn't matter 

It took you two weeks
To go off and date her
Guess you didn't cheat
But you're still a traitor

From the second verse, I do like the part where she sings:

And I know if you were true
There's no damn way that you
Could fall in love with somebody that quickly

She sings that part with so much vulnerability and emotion. Then I also really like the bridge where she sings:

God, I wish that you had thought this through
Before I went and fell in love with you
When she's sleeping in the bed we made
Don't you dare forget about the way
You betrayed me

"traitor" is a really nice and emotional song from Olivia. I also really like how she showcases a lot of range - from softer quieter moments to the beltier/rangier moments. This is a nice song.... not one of my favorites from her but I still enjoy it. Although after re-listen, I kindaa have a bit more of an appreciation for this song so that made me move this up a bit. I have no idea where her songs will rank against each other, but I'm hoping for this to be one of the lower ranked ones (which they'll probably all will make the Top 6 or Top 8 anyway lol).

RICHARD

My least favorite of the Olivia tracks that made it this year, but it’s still a decent song. Compared to her other songs, it’s a little more tepid despite the lyrics being on the angrier side, so I feel like it falls just a bit flat in that way. Overall, though, I still think it’s a solid listen.

6. HAPPIER THAN EVER – BILLIE EILISH

b826bffa6a542a466c2143f4702b9f25.1000x1000x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ALEX: 1

NICO: 2

PRISCILLA: 3

DIANA: 4

AKSHAR: 5

ANDY: 5

QC: 8

QK: 8

VICTORIA: 8

CHRIS: 10

DEREK: 10

ERIK: 10

GIGI: 10

STEVEN: 10

RICHARD: 11

LILY: 16

WALLACE: 16

COREY: 20

ALEX

YOU CALLED ME AGAIN DRUNK IN YOUR BENZ DRIVING HOME UNDER THE INFLUENCE

1_OyClHYJQHKiitha0lEXS7g.0.png

Possibly my favorite song of the decade so far?

AKSHAR

"I don't relate to you
I don't relate to you, no
'Cause I'd never treat me this shitty
You made me hate this city

And I don't talk shit about you on the internet
Never told anyone anything bad
'Cause that shit's embarrassing, you were my everything
And all that you did was make me freaking sad
So don't waste the time I don't have
And don't try to make me feel bad"

MAN THIS PART ESPECIALLY HITS SO GOOD!! This song is a MASTERPIECE and it wasn't appreciated it enough!! I thought I couldn't love this song more BUT THEN, Miss Kelly Clarkson decided to release her cover of it and MAN, it hits even harder!

ANDY

Umm just recently realized that Kelly has a badass cover of this song. Definitely one of my top 2 Billie songs if not my favorite. I love the juxtaposition of the quiet, sweet sounding first half with the anger that she displays in the second half. She really needs to put out more songs like this.

CHRIS

one of billie's best.

STEVEN

I haven't heard this song before. When it started, I found it to be kind of dull and was prepared to throw this at the bottom of my ranking. But then the song started to build at the halfway point. I actually like where the song goes and the intensity she brings there, especially starting at the "And I don't talk sh*t about you on the Internet" part. So, I ended up liking this enough to rank this in my Top 10 despite not hearing it before. I was interested in hearing this Kelly Clarkson cover that's been mentioned, and wow that one was really impressive. I definitely prefer Kelly's cover (she even makes the slow part work for me), but kudos to Billie on this track.

RICHARD

It’s hard to really know how to feel about this track, because it’s essentially two different songs in one. The first half I love. It’s something very different from Billie, ukulele-driven and soothing, like I’m lying in a hammock on a tropical beach without a care in the world. The second half is fine, a bit Avril Lavigne-esque, but disjointed against the first part. That was probably the intention, of course… but it’s just not my favorite choice from a composition point of view.

WALLACE

b14ec3d08f55fa1636124caa89aa80a47b831f24.gif

Well after I gave "bad guy" a really high ranking, I'm back to giving Billie Eilish lower rankings. :haha: HHMMMM figuring out where to rank "Happier Than Ever" was really tricky and difficult to figure out. I have such mixed feelings on this Billie song and my thoughts on it are kinda all over the place. The opening of the song is really pretty. Sometimes I enjoy/appreciate the prettiness of it. But then sometimes, I find the opening really sleepy and boring. :yawn: I guess it depend on the mood I'm in? But I know that's how some of Billie's songs are - and sometimes that works for me and sometimes, it doesn't. From the slower parts, I do like the part where she sings:

You clearly weren't aware that you
Made me miserable

And then sometimes, I like where she sings:

When I'm away from you
I'm happier than ever

However, at around 2 and a half minutes into the song, that's where I kinda really love and stan the latter part of the song where she starts building up the song where she sings:

You call me again, drunk in your Benz
Driving home under the influence 

I don't relate to you
I don't relate to you, no
'Cause I'd never treat me this 
You made me hate this city

Then I really love the part where the song gets all uptempo, intense and rock sounding! That part is really soo good and so powerful! :omg: Lol I'm not really a rock person like that, but I just love how hard Billie goes at this part where she sings:

And I don't talk about you on the internet
Never told anyone anything bad
'Cause that's embarrassing, you were my everything
And all that you did was make me sad 

So don't waste the time I don't have
And don't try to make me feel bad 

I could talk about every time that you showed up on time
But I'd have an empty line 'cause you never did
Never paid any mind to my mother or friends so I
Shut 'em all out for you 'cause I was a kid

Let 'em know, Billie! (!) Definitely my favorite part of the song. Then I also love how she belts out Just leave me alone at the end. "Happier Than Ever" is a song of two halves for me, thus making it super tricky to rank. I'm not too fond of the slower beginning (which would have ranked lower than this) while I love the upbeat part at the end (which would have ranked the song higher). So I figured 16th would be a happy balance. I'm definitely curious to see how this song ranks here as I certainly see it being a very polarizing song.

COREY

There might be something to this song, but you would never know it due to the long passage of time you have to wait between notes.

5. WILLOW – TAYLOR SWIFT

470f33317c22f26869b26b812ae9bebd.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

DIANA: 1

GIGI: 1

CHRIS: 2

QK: 2

RICHARD: 2

ANDY: 4

DEREK: 6

STEVEN: 7

AKSHAR: 8

VICTORIA: 9

COREY: 10

WALLACE: 12

ERIK: 13

LILY: 14

NICO: 14

QC: 16

ALEX: 18

PRISCILLA: 18

CHRIS

in this house, we stan willow and  the entire "evermore" album.

RICHARD

After a few iffier years, it was nice to see Taylor Swift come back with a really interesting, folksier vibe. She pulls it off really well in this song. I love the soft guitar, the little touches of delicate piano, and it’s all tied together nicely with her voice. It’s a quietly enchanting listen as a whole, and that definitely makes it one of my favorites in this bunch.

ANDY

My favorite song off evermore so I'm glad she pushed it as a single. It's so pretty and delicate and wistful. It would probably land in my personal top 10 favorite Taylor songs if I made a list

STEVEN

I do like "Willow," but it was a song that took some time to grow on me. But it's got a dreamy quality to it while also having a bit of a groove too. "Champagne Problems" and "No Body, No Crime" remain my favorite tracks on Evermore, but "Willow" would probably be in the Top 3.

AKSHAR

life's like a willow!

COREY

Taylor managed to make a passable song with this one.

WALLACE

taylor-swift.gif

I know I may be in the unpopular opinion, but I wasn't really a big fan of the folklore and evermore eras from Taylor. However, I do really like "willow" and always considered this my favorite song of hers from those albums. So I'm happy this was the song to chart and rank well on the Billboard Hot 100. "willow" has a really pretty and relaxing song but I also like that it has some rhythm and has a groove to it, which keeps me interested and engaged in the song. The verses are good though not my favorite parts. However, I do really love the chorus of the song and that's my favorite part of the song where she sings:

The more that you say, the less I know
Wherever you stray, I follow
I'm begging for you to take my hand
Wreck my plans, that's my man

I especially love how she sings "Wreck my plans, that's my man." Then from the second verse, I love the last part of the verse where she sings:

As if you were a mythical thing
Like you were a trophy or a champion ring
And there was one prize I'd cheat to win

The bridge is another really good part of the song. I especially love the latter half of it where she sings: 

Life was a willow and it bent right to your wind
But I come back stronger than a 90's trend

I'm curious how Taylor would come back stronger than a 90s trend there. :giggle: While this isn't one of my very favorites from Taylor, I do like "willow" and think it's a soothing and enjoyable song. I feel like this song will do really well as the evermore era is quite loved from Taylor so I think this will at least make it to the Top 8 or so, and possibly even the Top 4.

Well, I implied that I was bitter about Olivia Rodrigo doing so well, but my rankings for her songs are actually pretty spread out. I can't really complain now, because in this set, I just dumped my 19 and 20, and my 1 and 2 are still in there. This might be my best year yet!

#1, 2, 9 & 18.

8. I knew "Good Days" would do well but didn't really know how well it would do. A bit bummed this barely beat out "Kiss Me More" but oh well. 😛 This is still a really good and enjoyable song from SZA. Very nice how this got 9 Top 10 ranks. I do agree with Richard's thoughts on this one.

7. Ahh okay so "Traitor" marks the first Olivia song to show up. I was actually thinking all of her songs would make the Top 6, so I was pretty close. :haha: Wow this song got 11 Top 10 ranks and every rank in the Top 15, which is very impressive. This was one of the songs of hers I was hoping to show up first so yay for that. :haha: LOL Alex with the tea in his comments. :dead: I probably would have been more willing to cut it if there weren't so many songs I didn't like/care for on the list, as I also agree that we didn't need 4 Olivia songs here. :lmao: 

6, Oh wow, so "Happier Than Ever" did much better than I was expecting. :dead: I was not expecting this to do as well as "bad guy" did but I stand corrected. Wowzers, there are a lot of #8s but even more #10s for this one. And 14 Top 10 ranks is really impressive. I didn't realize this song would be this well liked but well done to Billie here. I was also reallly shocked seeing Steven ranking this at #10. :shock: But I do agree with a lot of his comments here. Also agree with Richard on this song being like two different songs though I prefer the rock/edgier part.

5. Ah I did have a strong feeling "willow" would do really well and not surprised to see it make the Top 5. I knew this song was really well loved and the folklore/evermore eras are so I get it. I was kinda rooting for this to make it to the Top 4 (as my #15 is still lingering), but not too heartbroken it missed out. Especially as I didn't want to lose any of my Top 5 remaining tracks. :haha: 5 Top 2 and 11 Top 10 ranks is really impressive.

Phew a much better set for me as my lower ranks showed up this time around. :haha: I think I got the following left: #2, 3, 5, 15. As long as my #15 doesn't win, I'll be happy with whichever song wins. :haha:

Lots more #1s got revealed but only one new #20 got revealed.

#1s revealed (12): Steven, Derek, Erik, Akshar, QK, Lily, Wallace, Nico, QueenCami, Alex, Diana, Gigi
#1s remaining (6): Andy, Chris, Corey, Priscilla, Richard, Victoria

#20s revealed (15): Akshar, Victoria, Wallace, Lily, Nico, Richard, Diana, Erik, QK, Steven, Andy, Chris, Gigi, QueenCami, Corey
#20s remaining (3): Alex, Derek, Priscilla

25 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

3 Olivia songs in the top 4? 💤

(I say that as I put two of her songs in my own top 4, lol).

Ah yeah, I knew and am not surprised with this happening. :haha: I'm just glad she didn't have the entire Top 4 on lock, lol. 🙈 Though I am happy with some of them making it this far - which ones, those will be revealed soon. :giggle: 

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

This was a proposed cut in our group cut round. We should’ve cut it. We do not need four Olivia songs here. - @Alex95

to you your opinion GIF

Luckily for you, I decided against it as there were so many other songs I didn't care for on the list and I liked "traitor" more than those. :dead: Though I don't know if I made the right call or not there. :lmao: 

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Luckily for you, I decided against it as there were so many other songs I didn't care for on the list and I liked "traitor" more than those. :dead: Though I don't know if I made the right call or not there. :lmao: 

You have no one to blame, but yourself. :haha:

45 minutes ago, #jeah said:

There is a pleasant shimmering of background instruments that manages to slightly warm up SZA's terrible vocal delivery.

JAIL!!!!!!!!

Jail for some of their other comments too.

4. DEJA VU – OLIVIA RODRIGO

70870ccfbc8c44ed0cd488329c014ada.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ANDY: 1

GIGI: 4

QC: 4

RICHARD: 4

VICTORIA: 4

ALEX: 6

CHRIS: 6

QK: 7

ERIK: 8

STEVEN: 8

COREY: 9

PRISCILLA: 9

LILY: 10

DIANA: 11

AKSHAR: 13

DEREK: 14

WALLACE: 15

NICO: 18

ANDY

One of my favorite pop songs of all time. It's just utter perfection in every way. So catchy and gets stuck in my head for weeks. The verses are beautiful and I love how the song builds so naturally and perfectly to the Taylor-esque chanting bridge at the end. Not the most original song lyrically but Olivia is still a very good songwriter and there are some really memorable lines here. I can't believe Olivia invented listening to Billy Joel!

RICHARD

This is a cool song! I’m a fan of Olivia’s vibe. Poppy, yes, but with a full voice and an angsty, slightly indie flair. All that’s on full display here, from the more subdued verses to the powerful choruses. I love the overall composition of the track, too. Very summery and easygoing but with a bit of an edge at the same time.

ALEX

I feel like Olivia’s 15 minutes passed even quicker than I expected.

CHRIS

not my favourite single of olivia but it's still one of the better songs of the song.

STEVEN

I think "Deja Vu" would be in the middle of my ranking of the songs on her Sour album, but I still like it. It's got an intriguing feel to it while also being very catchy. The lyrics are good too.

COREY

An average song.

WALLACE

olivia-rodrigo-deja-vu.gif

Hmmm okay, to be completely honest, I never really got IT with "deja vu" personally. :ph34rwave: I get how many people would connect and love this. This was a song I heard A LOT when it was out but I just never grew to love it, like two of her other big hits. I just feel like this song kinda drags on. I do kinda wish I had cut this, especially to avoid having 4 Olivia songs here, but I just happened to have not liked a number of songs less than this one sooo that didn't work out. :/ Anyway, "deja vu" is pretty and Olivia sounds good on this. I do kinda like the part where she sings Watching reruns of Glee. Bein' annoying, singin' in harmony in the first verse. :giggle:

The chorus is good and fine. I especially like the latter part of it where she sings:

I made the jokes you tell to her when she's with you
Do you get déjà vu when she's with you?
Do you get déjà vu? Ah, hmm
Do you get déjà vu, huh?

Those parts are really pretty. :yes: From the second verse, the part that stands out the most to me is where she sings:

And I bet that she knows Billy Joel
'Cause you played her "Uptown Girl"
You're singin' it together
Now I bet you

I like how the song builds up on the bridge where the song gets rockier and she sings it with some intensity. I especially like the part where she sings:

Strawberry ice cream in Malibu
Don't act like we didn't do that shit, too 

(Yeah, everything is all reused) 

I know you get déjà vu
I know you get déjà vu
I know you get déjà vu

So after re-listening to this, as it's been quite awhile, I think I still feel the same about "deja vu." Not a bad song... it's nice but it's never been my favorite from Olivia Rodrigo. I have no idea where her songs will rank against each other, but I'm hoping for this to be one of the lower ranked ones (which they'll probably all will make the Top 6 anyway lol).

3. LEVITATING – DUA LIPA

d2304429bd6b0f492325f1151bd21825.1000x1000x1.jpg

LYRIC VIDEO LINK

RICHARD: 1

COREY: 2

GIGI: 2

WALLACE: 2

QK: 3

STEVEN: 3

NICO: 4

VICTORIA: 5

ANDY: 6

ERIK: 6

CHRIS: 7

LILY: 9

AKSHAR: 11

QC: 11

DIANA: 15

PRISCILLA: 19

ALEX: 20

DEREK: 20

RICHARD

Dua’s landed at the top two years now, so I could definitely see this not ending up as #1 because of that. Really, though, this is easily Dua’s best hit single in my book, so I hope it gets its due here. Super infectious all the way through, from the wordy yet perfectly-flowing verses to the hard-hitting choruses. The rap section is refreshing and a cherry on top of what’s already a stellar track. Overall, just one of the best pop songs in recent memory.

COREY

Another great danceable tune from Dua Lipa. Unlike most of her other songs, I knew immediately that I liked this one.

WALLACE

giphy.gif

I really love "Levitating" and I am very glad that Dua Lipa's past two wins didn't affect this chances of getting cut or not making it through to the Top 20. I'm so glad that didn't happen because is really one of my top favorite songs of Dua Lipa's. I meantioned in my 2020 write-ups that I felt Dua Lipa really came into her own and produced her best music with her Future Nostalgia album. Songs like "Levitating" are proof of that. This song is just so fun, catchy, infectious and I could never get enough of it! :bobo: I really love the fun dancey music here and Dua sounds really good on this song. I love how she sings the verses kinda in a faster way? The opening verse is so fun!

If you wanna run away with me
I know a galaxy and I can take you for a ride
I had a premonition that we fell into a rhythm
Where the music don't stop for life 

If you're feeling like you need a little bit of company
You met me at the perfect time

I love and am here for that pre-chorus, which is so fun and catchy! :bobo:

You want me, I want you, baby
My sugarboo, I'm levitating
The Milky Way, we're renegading
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

:bobo: But then I love and am even more HERE for that insanely catchy chorus that goes:

I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
I need you, all night
Come on, dance with me
(I'm levitating)
You, moonlight, you're my starlight
I need you, all night
Come on, dance with me
(I'm levitating)

SO much fun! :bobo: From the second verse, I love the parts where she sings:

I believe that you're for me, I feel it in our energy
I see us written in the stars
We can go wherever, so let's do it now or never
Baby, nothing's ever, ever too far
Glitter in the sky, glitter in our eyes
Shining just the way we are

Then I also really love the part of the song (which I don't even know what it's classifed as? :dead: ) where she sings:

You can fly away with me tonight
Baby, let me take you for a ride
(I'm levitating)
Baby, let me take you for a ride

Then I love the bridge, which contains even more of a fun sounding part of the song that is just so fun and infectious that goes:

My love is like a rocket, watch it blast off
And I'm feeling so electric, dance my off
And even if I wanted to, I can't stop

:bobo: I like how she sings that part with a slightly different accent there. Though wow some parts I heard wrong there too, oops. :haha:

Not only do I love "Levitating" the song, but the music video is a lot of fun too! I am definitely very curious to see how "Levitating" does in this year's rankings. I think this song would usually have a great chance of winning but with Dua Lipa winning 2 times before, I'm not sure if that will happen again. I feel certain Dua may have some tankings her way to give the win to someone else, likely for Olivia Rodrigo.

STEVEN

I really like this song. It's so catchy and fun, and it always makes for an enjoyable listen. It's on the radio all the time, but I don't mind whenever it comes on. This is probably my favorite Dua Lipa song (I like "Physical" a lot too). I knew Dua Lipa would be blocked from winning a third time, but I happen to like "Levitating" a lot better than her previous two winning songs (but I still like "New Rules" and "Don't Start Now" well enough too).

ANDY

Idk where this would rank in Future Nostalgia for me, that album is just so perfect (besides the last two songs). It's definitely at least middle of the pack though. Just so infectious and joyous and I love it. Wouldn't mind if this won our rankdown.

CHRIS

dua lipa keep delivering bops.

ALEX

Love this song, don’t need another Dua Lipa win.

2. DRIVERS LICENSE – OLIVIA RODRIGO

168675c63614e0dc68dc009ce4cbb037.1000x1000x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

PRISCILLA: 1

VICTORIA: 1

AKSHAR: 2

CHRIS: 3

ERIK: 3

QC: 3

WALLACE: 5

DIANA: 6

GIGI: 6

DEREK: 7

QK: 9

RICHARD: 9

STEVEN: 9

NICO: 10

LILY: 11

ALEX: 13

ANDY: 13

COREY: 18

AKSHAR

I am a Sabrina Carpenter stan because of Girl Meets World and loving her music but there's no denying Olivia's talent and she snapped with this album and this song is just so catchy and relatable!

CHRIS

an excellent song from start to finish. I am looking forward to her sophomore album, which hopefully will drop this year.

WALLACE

i-know-we-werent-perfect-olivia-rodrigo.gif

Well Olivia Rodrigo is kind of an interesting artist for me, since regarding these songs of hers that made the finals, I really love two of them and like/not as crazy about the other two. I do really love "drivers license" and love it enough to rank it 5th. This was technically the first song of Olivia's I think I properly heard from her? I know she was in that High School Musical TV series but I never really paid much attention to that - so I really got to learn of her through this song. I think "drivers license" was a great first impression! This is a really gorgeous song from Olivia and I love the vulnerability and emotion she showcases here. I also love how she uses the "drivers license" as a metaphor for her relationship gone wrong. The opening verse is so gorgeous and vulnerable. I especially love the parts where Olivia sings:

I got my driver's license last week
Just like we always talked about 

But today I drove through the suburbs
Crying 'cause you weren't around
And you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt
She's so much older than me
She's everything I'm insecure about 

'Cause how could I ever love someone else?

I also really love the chorus and think that part is also so gorgeous and vulnerable. I love all of the range and versatility she showcases in her voice, from the softer quieter moments to the rangier bigger moments: 

And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one
And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone
Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
'Cause you said forever now I drive alone past your street

😢:broken:

From the second verse, I love the parts where Olivia sings:

I kinda feel sorry for them
'Cause they'll never know you the way that I do
Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs
And pictured I was driving home to you

But then ahh that bridge! I really love how she builds up that part of the song. It has a darker haunting sound to it, but something about it really captures my attention. I especially love the first half of the bridge of the song, so I'll just quote that part (though I love the second part too).

Red lights
Stop signs
I still see your face
In the white cars
Front yards
Can't drive past the places
We used to
Go to
'Cause I still love you, babe

I also love how she sings the rest of the song so softly and tenderly after that powerful bridge. Her voice is so soft and delicate there. :broken: But yes, "drivers license" is a really great first single that launced Olivia's music career. I think it was the right song to do so, as well. I was a little disappointed seeing this song getting the least amount of votes of the Olivia songs in the voting round, as I surely thought this song was more popular than at least two of her other ones. :dead: Though I knew this would make it through regardless. I am definitely curious to see how this ranks amongst her songs. I'm hoping this can rank higher than the two songs I ranked lower of hers but that probably won't happen.

RICHARD

A pretty good song, but definitely one that suffered from overplay. Also, I think the subject matter makes the song seem more teenage and juvenile, which is something I don’t relate to at this point in my life being an almost 27 year-old man, lol. Minus those aspects, I do like the track overall, and Olivia can definitely sing.

STEVEN

"Drivers License" took a long time to grow on me. It wasn't until after I heard her album that I finally appreciated this song. It's pretty good, and the "I guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me!" part stands out to me the most. So even though I was indifferent about this song at first, I like it enough now to rank it pretty high out of these 20 songs.

ALEX

Has everyone been following the Joshua Bassett born again Christian saga? Is he okay? Or are you not chronically online like me?

ANDY

I remember hearing this after it blew up and being a little bored, so I was skeptical to listen to the rest of Olivia's stuff, but it's grown on me. Still not a top favorite. A little sleepy for me.

COREY

This song is a big yawn, but I have to admit, at least, that Olivia can hold a tune.

1. GOOD 4 U – OLIVIA RODRIGO

d82b5cd3ea274ca4461f2c67c706b3b8.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

CHRIS: 1

COREY: 1

QC: 2

STEVEN: 2

ALEX: 3

DIANA: 3

GIGI: 3

RICHARD: 3

WALLACE: 3

AKSHAR: 4

NICO: 5

QK: 5

VICTORIA: 6

ERIK: 7

LILY: 7

ANDY: 9

DEREK: 11

PRISCILLA: 20

CHRIS

easily the song of the year, imo.

COREY

After hearing a long list of overrated songs by this artist, Good 4 U was a treat. This is another year where my #1 is a disappointment compared to other years, but it's my favorite on this list, so that's okay.

STEVEN

This is Olivia Rodrigo's best song in my opinion. It's so catchy, and I like the attitude she puts in this song with a fun, singalong feel to it. The "Like a damn sociopath!" part is probably my favorite. I admit I didn't really care to check out Olivia Rodrigo's music while "Drivers License" was at its peak in popularity. I was aware of her, but I just wasn't interested in seeking out her music. But then I heard "Good 4 U" and really liked it. It was so good that I ended up finally checking out her debut album. And it's actually pretty good, and I can understand the hype (honorable mention to my second favorite track "Jealousy, Jealousy"). "Good 4 U" is a great song, and I'm glad to see it win this round.

ALEX

Paramore lite was a good lane for her.

RICHARD

I dig this one. It’s not too often that you see a teenage popstar showing an edgier, angstier side, but Olivia makes that work really well here. I love how the song builds, from the quietly seething verses to the choruses that explode in anger. She and the background instrumentation gel really well, and overall, it’s just a really solid track.

WALLACE

54550efb1b56b75b6c5dd0f499d3061c58e8955e.gifv

I remember being really surprised hearing "good 4 u" by Olivia Rodrigo for the first time as I wasn't really expecting such a rocking tune from her. I was used to hearing ballads from her, like "drivers license" and "deja vu," though the latter does have a rock edge to it. I did like this song early on from Olivia. I didn't expect to love "good 4 u" more than "drivers license" but eventually I did and this has now become my favorite song of Olivia's. I do love the harder rock sound from her as it seems like she's channeling her Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know" moment here. I do love how she sings the opening verse in a low, calm nature in her lower register voice. She sings that part with so much attitude!

Well good for you, I guess you moved on really easily
You found a new girl and it only took a couple weeks
Remember when you said that you wanted to give me the world

I love how she builds up the song as it progresses and from the last half of the first verse, I also love the part where she sings: Now you can be a better man for your brand new girl.

Then the chorus is such a rocking, fun and entertaining part of the song:

Well good for you
You look happy and healthy, not me
If you ever cared to ask
Good for you
You're doing great out there without me, baby
God, I wish that I could do that 

I've lost my mind
I've spent the night
Crying on the floor of my bathroom
But you're so unaffected, I really don't get it
But I guess good for you

:bobo:

I just love how she lets it all out and let's loose here! :bobo: From the second verse, wow Olivia brings even more feisty attitude  to the song, but I love it and am here for all of what she sings there!

Well good for you, I guess you're getting everything you want
You bought a new car and your career's really taking off 

What the f is up with that?
And good for you, it's like you never even met me
Remember when you swore to God I was the only
Person who ever got you
Well, screw that and screw you
You will never have to hurt the way you know that I do

Tell 'em, Olivia! (!) I also love the bridge, which is another fantastic part of the song. But I love how she slows the song there. 

Maybe I'm too emotional
But your apathy's like a wound in salt
Maybe I'm too emotional
Or maybe you never cared at all

But wow, that "like a wound in salt" part, I always heard it as "like a Rolling Stone." I don't know how I heard it wrong all this time but wowzers. But how she sings it there makes more sense. I love how she builds up that part of the song. I also love how she belts out Like a damn sociopath right before rocking out to the rest of the song! :bobo: Then I also love how she closes out the song singing, Well good for you, I guess you moved on really easily, which was the way she started it off.

"good 4 u" is such a great change of pace from Olivia's other singles. It is hard to predict how her songs will do amongst each other, but I do feel like "good 4 u" probably has the biggest appeal to do the best and even win this round. I feel like this song has an advantage of appealing to the non-Olivia stans. Or maybe I'm just posting what I'm rooting for as I hope this will be Olivia's highest ranked song here.

AKSHAR

"good for you, you look happy & healthy, NOT ME! if you ever cared to ask" SLAPS SO HARD!

ANDY

Probably my second favorite of the singles on Sour (shoutout to Favorite Crime for being my favorite off that album behind Deja Vu). She really perfected the Paramore Ripoff genre here and I genuinely mean that as the highest compliment.

Edited by Steven_

Probably my second favorite of the singles on Sour (shoutout to Favorite Crime for being my favorite off that album behind Deja Vu). She really perfected the Paramore Ripoff genre here and I genuinely mean that as the highest compliment. - @#jeah

My soulmate. ❤️❤️ My favorite song off of Sour is favorite crime. 💜💜

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Probably my second favorite of the singles on Sour (shoutout to Favorite Crime for being my favorite off that album behind Deja Vu). She really perfected the Paramore Ripoff genre here and I genuinely mean that as the highest compliment. - @#jeah

My soulmate. ❤️❤️ My favorite song off of Sour is favorite crime. 💜💜

The final chorus breaks me every time. 😭😭

• Like 1

4. Okay, phew I'm glad "deja vu" came in 4th so now three songs in my Top 5 made the Top 5 and I'll be happy with any of them winning. Not surprised this song did so well. Wow so many #4 rankings and 13 Top 10 ranks is really impressive here. I get the love for this song though I was never big on this one.

3. Ahh yeah I knew "Levitating" wasn't going to win and was going to get some tanks its way. I would have loved to have seen this win and maybe it could have if NR or DSN didn't win. But the fact that it got a number of #19s and #20s and still made it all the way to #3 is all rather impressive. :haha: I'm really glad it made it this high even with the target against itself. This is still a really catchy and great pop song from Dua.

2. Ooh okay, I do love "drivers license" so I am good with this coming in 2nd. This is a gorgeous and really moving song and I'm glad it was Olivia's 2nd highest ranking song here. Impressive stats as this got and 7 Top 5 and 14 Top 10 ranks. Ahh it's interesting how this song took a long time to grow on Steven - kinda like "deja vu" for me? :haha: LOL I'm curious to learn more about Alex's comments on Joshua Bassett here. 

1. Oooh yayy I did predict all along that "good 4 u" was likely the song that was going to win so I'm glad it did. It's also my favorite of the Olivia songs so I'm also glad it was able to pull off the win because of that. :yes: Dangg some insane stats for this one - woww 5 #3 rankings is a lot. :dead: But also 16 Top 10 rankings is really impressive. And BAD Priscilla with that #20 of trying to tank this in favor of "drivers license." :kissbye: It's also funny seeing Chris & Corey ranking the same song at #1 - that's a rare thing to see happening. :giggle: Also lol love the Paramore comparison was brought up a few times. OH WAIT, I totally forgot that this was inspired/compared to "Misery Business." I knew about this when it was out. But lmao why do I randomly remember this now? :lmao: