Contestants Who Didn't Show Their Full Potential Before Being Eliminated

Mistake006

5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Dawn and Hawkes

i loved their original material , but they never really shined on the show.

That experience cured me of looking at contestants’ pre-show material. If it doesn’t happen on the show, it doesn’t exist.

You went full blown minivan after that huh.

Just now, Misirlou said:

The Joy Reunion´s run was quite disappointing for me, since I really enjoy their original material, but wasn´t a fan of neither of their performances on the show. I still follow them though.

They really lacked the “it” factor. 

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They really lacked the “it” factor. 

Their performances on the show were just too tame for me. Their harmonies didn´t really project and were a bit muted. But liKe I said, I do enjoy the material they have off the show. 

Edited by Misirlou

31 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

You went full blown minivan after that huh.

No, I just absorbed that the contestants aren’t necessarily their complete and true selves on the show. There’s no point getting frustrated that I’m not seeing what I expected. 

if I like a singer, I look their stuff up, after the show.

it just makes it so much easier to process the show when you don’t have preconceived ideas about the contestants.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

No, I just absorbed that the contestants aren’t necessarily their complete and true selves on the show. There’s no point getting frustrated that I’m not seeing what I expected. 

Ahh okay got it.

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

You mean like Chloe Kohanski/Chloe MK? 

11 minutes ago, indii said:

Liam St. John was eliminated before he could really showcase his vocal ability, his material outside of the show proves that his voice is way stronger than what we saw in either of his performances

He never got a chance to sing blues, and that´s his lane.

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

I really liked Fantasy but the new album was a mess.

I don’t even mind Fantasy, even though it’s pretty far outside my wheelhouse. The reason I used her in that example is because her fans from the show expected more of that style. Imagine their surprise! 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I don’t even mind Fantasy, even though it’s pretty far outside my wheelhouse. The reason I used her in that example is because her fans from the show expected more of that style. Imagine their surprise! 

Yeah not sure why any one would expect her to continue to sing 80s rock songs but you're right they did. Her biggest problem is that I don't think she even knows what she wants to sing.

People expected Chloe to go full 80´s glam rock in her music after she won. Her first single after the show was pretty bad, but it was, in a way, more similar that what she had done on her run that what came after. She´s now an indie/dream pop/psychadelic pop artist. A true left turn from what many expected. 

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah not sure why any one would expect her to continue to sing 80s rock songs but you're right they did. Her biggest problem is that I don't think she even knows what she wants to sing.

Yeah, I would guess that even Chloe’s fans from before the Voice would not have predicted her post-show path. 

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

People expected Chloe to go full 80´s glam rock in her music after she won. Her first single after the show was pretty bad, but it was, in a way, more similar that what she had done on her run that what came after. She´s now an indie/dream pop/psychadelic pop artist. A true left turn from what many expected. 

Actually, I thought she sort of leaned in that direction, pre-show, but I could be wrong. There wasn’t much pre-show material, but her Instagram posts gave off that vibe to me.