63. Jay Johns (AU4)

Amanda photos

On 9/14/2021 at 1:13 AM, FrogLenzen said:

65. Kayla Radomski (US5)

Andrew real photo lol

Edited by FrogLenzen

z5WDrHZm_400x400.jpg

Makenzie Dustman

I am not 100% sure how I got Makenzie eliminated and I'm not looking back in the cycles but 100% NO REGRETS. I truly don't know how Makenzie even came close to cracking the Top 50. Maybe I am biased because it's easy for a history-making Academy Award winner and a DWTS champion to make a post-show impact but Makenzie's biggest post-show impact for me is her TMI relationship with Phillip Chbeeb (and they just got engaged! congrats!) (I only say TMI becuase I went to her IG and the first picture of her and Phillip her hair is in his mouth and I don't understand and that is fine) and also some weird vaguely sapphic dances but also very much like this is ~~~~~friendship~~~~~ vibes.

Anyway, I wasn't much impressed by her run. There's not a lot that makes it stand out to me amongst many of the other contemporary women that have been on the show. And in direct comparison to her three contemporary competitors who also made the Top 10 I just don't find it that exciting compared to Jasmine's, Hayley's, or even Amy's runs. There's not that many highlights that we don't see elsewhere consistently on this show. It's not a knock against Makenzie because it certainly took Hayley and Jenna both getting standout routines post Top 10 to really pop, but rather just of a general criticism of how contemporary choreography mostly goes on this show. Her partnership with Paul was cute but again, I'd rather watch Aaron/Jasmine or even Amy/Fik-Shun. What I'm really saying is, that Makenzie was eliminated at Top 10 and I have absolutely no issue with that.

• Like 1

Francis Lafreniere

0tIs9ns.png

Francis is definitely a great ballroom dancer, arguably the best Canadian one. But outside his ballrooms routines, his run wasn't that very exciting. He ended up placing in the Top 12, which is fine considering the talent of that season, the only person that truly robbed him was Izaak. During his run he danced Smooth Waltz, Paso Doble, Rumba, Broadway and Salsa. Obviously all his three ballroom routines with Natali were amazing and among the best of the season. He also became a choreographer of the show starting the next season, doing some outstanding dances like Janick & Dennys Paso and Lindsay & Christian's Salsa. He also ended up getting married to the gorgeous Claudia from season 3 and they're still together with a bunch of cute kids, so good for them.

• Like 1

Kent Boyd

u0aKWzRW_400x400.jpg

Kent did dances and only two were good. The rest was absolutely terrible. His solos were terrible. S7 as a whole is terrible. He somehow made it all the way to Top 2 which stills baffles me to this day but American audience is known to not be trustworthy. I need more words. let me check wiki. He did a cha cha with Anya, poor sweet Anya, he was terrible, like really terrible, Molly & Nathan's Salsa level of terrible. It this 100 words? He did a jazz with Courtney, poor sweet Courtney, he was terrible, like really terrible. He did more routines and he was terrible, like really terrible. His two contemporaries linked below are his shining points.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@*Amanda

50. Edgar Gilbert-Reyes (CA3)

43. Redouan Hergé Link (NL6)

@sublymonal

60. Anna Kapera (PO4)

51. Jess Stokes (AU3)

42. Natascha Dejong (NL3)

@Elliott

87. Ilona Bekier (PO5)

79. Stefano Giuliani (NL3)

@totes4totes

45. Phillipe Witana (AU3)

39. Jana "Jaja" Vaňková (US12)

@Zoey

70. Ellen Houck (NL6)

69. Enora Oplinus (NL3)

61. Gevorg "Gev" Manoukian (US4)

53. Ivan Paulovich (NL1)

52. Neil Haskell (US3)

37. Chelsie Hightower (US4)

We're at the Top 36! The Top 20 write-ups will be here before you know it. I'm sure y'all don't want to have backlog for that

1NIrPfHH_400x400.jpg

Phillipe Witana (AU3)

I used to think Phillipe was like the hottest dude from any SYTYCD version but then I saw Timor and also I realized that Phillipe was aging into like an Ed Hardy aesthetic. Actually, I just went to his instagram and I now take that back. He's still extremely hot. He's probably still too old for me and I struggle to think of anything we may talk about but I could spend a weekend with him and his body in like a beautiful resort before returning back to my normal life. Also he's directing a movie now.

Anyway, Phillipe was my AU3 favorite. Still maybe is. IDEK. He was originally partnered with Renee and they had a two great routines in their Top 20 hip-hop (choreographed by Jesse!!!!) and Top 16 contemporary but it was very extremely clear neither was that great at ballroom and thus their Pasodoble, Waltz, and Rumba kind of suffered without having a partner to help lift them. Hist post Top 10 journey was solid with the highlight being his Final 4 routine with Robbie "Take Your Shirt Off" because Tiana Canterbury KNOWS what the people want to see. In retrospect I think contestants like Robbie, Ivy, and Jessie all had better runs, but nothing could control my trying to be 100% heterosexual hormones back then.

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

We officially have all the write-ups from #88 to #432 completed :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

The way this post is worded implies we were waiting on a write-up in the 430s and it’s sending me. 

Edited by Elliott