SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Write-up party!!!)

Write-ups

@*Amanda

50. Edgar Gilbert-Reyes (CA3)

43. Redouan Hergé Link (NL6)

@sublymonal

60. Anna Kapera (PO4)

51. Jess Stokes (AU3)

42. Natascha Dejong (NL3)

@Elliott

156. Robbie Kmetoni (AU3)

155. Serge Onik (US11)

87. Ilona Bekier (PO5)

80. Yorelis Apolinario (US12)

79. Stefano Giuliani (NL3)

58. Sasha Mallory (US8)

48. Rhys Bobridge (AU1) (he can quote his previous write-up for Rhys)

38. Danny Tidwell (US3)

@JC

55. Ania Tarnowska (PO6)

49. Angelo Pardo (NL2)

44. Vincent Olivier-Noiseux (CA1)

@totes4totes

54. Makenzie Dustman (US10)

45. Phillipe Witana (AU3)

39. Jana "Jaja" Vaňková (US12)

@.Rei

57. Francis Lafrenière (CA1)

41. Kent Boyd (US7)

@Zoey

70. Ellen Houck (NL6)

69. Enora Oplinus (NL3)

61. Gevorg "Gev" Manoukian (US4)

53. Ivan Paulovich (NL1)

52. Neil Haskell (US3)

37. Chelsie Hightower (US4)

On 9/14/2021 at 1:13 AM, FrogLenzen said:

146. Jessie Hesketh (AU3)

Elliott photo

63. Jay Johns (AU4)

Amanda photo

65. Kayla Radomski (US5)

Andrew real photo lol

56. Julia Mitomi (NL1)

Amanda photo

73. Wioletta "Wiola" Fiuk (PO3)

74. Donyelle Jones (US2)

JC photos

68. Clarice Ordaz (US8)

Rei photo

Chelsie 😭 At least it’s good  to know that my vote wouldn’t have made a difference if I had been around to vote.

But ugh very happy to have sat this one out because Chelsie vs. Els is not a battle I wanted any part of. :dead: 

• Sad 1

155. SERGE ONIK

Serge Onik is a ballroom dancer who was on the eleventh season of So You Think You Can Dance. He had auditioned a couple of times previously, and had developed an IDF fanbase due to @buffmetube including him as part of his ASB redux series. In season eleven, he was with Carly Blaney. They did two contemporaries, a hip-hop and a quickstep. He was in danger for a few of those routines, and ultimately was eliminated at the Top 14 alongside Teddy Coffey... both of whom were eliminated over Casey Askew, I'm just saying. 🙂 For whatever reason, he wasn't invited on tour and Marcques was. Maybe the show runners were pressed he and Carly's hip-hop won the fan reprisal vote over the routines they actually wanted. After the season, Serge had a successful career working with the Chmerkovskiys. Unfortunately, he ultimately passed away last year. :(

On 3/8/2022 at 1:10 AM, Elliott said:

01. Lauren Froderman - I don’t hate her lol. I just prefer Kent, Robert and Ashley and Melinda to her. But I do like her as long as I’m not in a bitter mood 

02. Michael Dameski - a twunk

03. Ricky Ubedq - a twink I don’t like?

04. Hannahlei Cababilla - I know she won but whomst???

05. chehon - he won?

06. Eliana Girard - plz stop talking.
07. Lex Ishimoto - Trashh

08. Robbie Kmetoni - Ugh. 

09. Melanie Moore - I would watch rather HIMYM’s finale for the first time over her run

10. Denys Drozdyuk - his win makes me physically I’ll 

(the OP I referenced from the Off Topic Thread)

80. YORELIS APOLINARIO

c1.jpg

I eliminated Yorelis? I have no recollection of this. :whut: Yorelis was a dancer from the twelfth season of So You Think You Can Dance, who was apart of 'Team Stage' as that season utilized a Stage vs Street format. Yorelis was a highlight from the season (as was nearly everyone from the Street team tbh) even if they didn't seem to always give her the best routines or choreography. She ended up doing a hip-hop duet in her final week, which was what eliminated her. Hey, at least she wasn't given a jazz routine about being a sexy fish. Anyway, Yorelis was brought onto the season twelve tour as well, and was super sweet when Andrew and I met her. She offered to stay and take our photos with the cast since nobody else was there, and even fangirled over Hailee Payne with me so I didn't feel alone. :giggle:

SASHA MALLORY

AOOWJEHPMF33O2LXWTIKLOFLFM.jpg

I don't like Sasha Mallory. I find her very overrated and she easily contributed to season eight being such a terrible season. Was she better then Melanie Moore? Absolutely. Is that saying much? Not at all. I remember she had THE most obnoxious IDF fanbase of any SYTYCD contestant during that season (seriously, they kept infiltrating all of the 'Best Routines/Solos/etc.' games) which also contributed to why I didn't care for her by the end of the season. I remember people tried to make Misty Blue out to be some ZOMG AMAZING routine. I thought it was wretched and wasn't even saved by tWitch's fine self. Remember when Clarice was saved over her during a battle in the last rankdown? Iconic. :wub: Oh, right. I forgot she returned for season thirteen with Jordan. She was fine there, I guess.

47. RHYS BOBRIDGE

1736081_10459755.jpg

I f*cking hated Rhys in his season and I’ve never warmed up to him in the years since. I thought he was absolutely terrible with no redeeming qualities. I hated all of his routines and all of his solos. Jack, Demi and Kate >>>>>>. The fact that he outlasted Graeme and Henry was offensive. Why the Australian voting public bounced his partner at the Top 10 but kept him around, I will never understand. Him being brought back in this rankdown was truly a personal attack on ME. Goodbye and good riddance.

38. DANNY TIDWELL

danny-tidwell-lacey-schwimmer-sytycd.jpg

I know he has his fans here and congrats to y'all for getting him this far, but it's no secret that I've never been a fan of Danny Tidwell's. He was one of my least favourites in the terrible season three, and I don't think he deserved to make it anywhere near the finale. Him and Lacey both being safe after Hip Hip Chin Chin was a nightmare. I struggle to remember a routine of his that I liked him in and didn't just tolerate him because I enjoyed his partner in it more. I thought he had returned as an All Star at some point, but I'm looking through Wikipedia and apparently I've misremembered because SYTYCD has been off the air for 84 years.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:54 PM, Deeee said:

1. LACEY SCHWIMMER & DANNY TIDWELL - "HIP HIP CHIN CHIN" (SAMBA BY DMITRY CHAPLIN)

x67Wzn.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kT9NY8LcGc 

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 1

Derek: 3

Alex: 1

Wally: 3

Diana: 3

Zoey: 6

Chris: 1

Amanda: 2

Megan: 2

JC: 4

Rei: 2

Andrew: 18

Elliott: 30

Dee: 2

FINAL SCORE = 5.57

• Like 3

55. Ania Tarnowska (PO6)

ania1.png

Honestly I barely remember her. Her name looks familiar but I did not watch the Polish versions all the way through, I may have just watched the dances so I do not know too much about her back story. I am so confused because on wiki it says her name is Anna Tarnowska but maybe they anglicized her name. Anyways, for some reason I thought she won, but actually it looks like she just finished in the top 4. Perhaps she was just the last Polish dancer remaining in this rankdown which is pretty damn fab for her so congrats on that Ania! Ania was a ballroom dancer initially partnered with Adrian Wilczko who was one of my favorites on her season. He left pretty early, but definitely so adorb that I fangirled over him. Anyways, I don't know why they put two ballroom dancers together, but they got two ballroom dances which really means that the selections were rigged. Anyways, congrats to Ania on making it this far!

49. Angelo Pardo (NL2)

Angelo.jpg

Alright, I know this dude has some fans among these rankers, so I will try to be as nice as possible. Angelo was on second season of SYTYCD Benelux. He was the top guy and a hip hop dancer who made it all the way to the final 2. Frankly, I was not a fan of him or Els, I felt they were both overrated, as they both never saw the bottom, but clearly they connected with the majority of the audience as they were top 2 and Els won. I think part of my dislike was that I felt my favorites were not being given as much credit for how great they were as I enjoyed many other dancers from this season that just were not the producer and judge darlings/tcos like Angelo and Els. Alas, it is what it is, so congrats to Angelo on making it here.

44. Vincent Olivier-Noiseux (CA1)

7mqmBBXTxbfhk7WUS2QBs49LBaHBTjLWzixKXmnk

VON was quite an interesting one. He's attractive although I am not into bald guys. It really actually is weird that I do not like him, but perhaps there were just too many dancers this season that I loved that VON just was not up to par in my eyes. I mean in the battle of the French Canadians, I was obviously Team Nico, so he lost that one. Him and Lisa were not one of the power couples that I enjoyed on this season as there were so many others that I loved. Perhaps he would have fared better on a different season as this one just had a lot of dancers that I really loved, and he just fell very low in my ranking in terms of the dancers this season. Also perhaps his IDF stans also overrated him a lot and that may have also affected my perception of him.

• Thanks 1

@*Amanda

50. Edgar Gilbert-Reyes (CA3)

43. Redouan Hergé Link (NL6)

@sublymonal

60. Anna Kapera (PO4)

51. Jess Stokes (AU3)

42. Natascha Dejong (NL3)

@Elliott

87. Ilona Bekier (PO5)

79. Stefano Giuliani (NL3)

@totes4totes