SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Israel Donowa

large-1627315181-b8a6a1b4e08e2a27a15c9cccb5babaa1.jpg

Israel is hot but UK2 was a painful season so I’m cutting everyone I can from. Israel was a hip-hop dancer that placed eighth during that season. In Week 1 he danced a group routine with Lee C., Charlie and Rithy to a hip-hop routine choreographed by Season 1’s Tommy Franzen and someone named Kate Prince. He also danced in the Top 10 guys contemporary routine to “This Is A Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World” choreographed by Sarah Boulter and the Top 20 Mandy Moore group routine to Rihanna’s “Don’t Stop the Music”. Still not sure why this season had a Top 20. If ever a season deserved a Top 14 or some nonsense like that…

Anyway, in Week 2 Israel was paired with Bethany Rose Harrison and the two of them danced a Disco routine to “One Night Only” from Dreamgirls. It was one of the least offence routines of the night and he was safe. In Week 3, he and Bethany danced a hip-hop to Usher’s “OMG”. I don’t remember this routine and I don’t care to look it up. Next. 

In Week 4, he and Bethany danced a contemporary routine to Adele’s “Someone Like You”. I remember liking this one because I liked Bethany. In Week 5, they danced a Sean Cheesman Commercial routine. Again, don’t remember this one so, next.

In their last week as a couple, they danced a Lyrical Hip-hop to Rihanna’s “Love The Way You Lie” and a Charleston. I remember liking the hip-hop and hating the Charleston. Unsurprisingly they were in the Bottom 2 but saved in favour of Katrina and Tom. Truly, who?

At the Top 8, Israel danced a Tyce Diorio Broadway routine with his new partner Katie Love to “Roxie” from Chicago. I remember not hating this, but the other three routines that night were definitely better, so I wasn’t surprised when Israel was eliminated that night. Anyway, I wasn’t about to save a dancer who placed 8th on a season I hate just because he’s hot. I’m not JC.

Marielle Constancia

article-2320025-19A20155000005DC-352_634

I plan on being more present now that work is starting to calm down. I will fix all my write-ups including this one tonight. Anyway, Marielle is a fair cut at this point I think. I like her, but she wasn’t one of my huge faves on Benelux 1. She consistently found herself in the Bottom 6 and that eventually got her eliminated at Top 10. Not even dancing with Timor that week could give her a boost. I really don’t remember any of her routines TBH, so I should probably revisit this season at some point. Like I said, I have no real attachment here so I’m cutting her:

SAVE: Amy Campbell

CHOREOGRAPHY: Ben Veitch

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 1

@Elliott will:

Save Michael Iongbloed

Choreo Shiobian Dumas

Cut Sebastian Piotrowicz

@Deeee has 24 hours to post his 24 names! If you want spoilers, you can check the front page for the last 24 names available. But it's up to Dee when he wants to post them (unless he waits longer than 24 hours and then I'll post lol)

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 2 - Dee's turn)

FINAL SET OF NOMS:

George Lawrence, Jr.

Tim "Timomatic" Omaji
Pania Taku

Carly Smith
Jessica Prince

Renee Ritchie

Ashleigh Tavares
Youngkwang "Blond" Joung
Patric Kuo
Yukino McHugh

Lizzie Gough
Rithiely "Rithy" Pereira

Gianinni Semedo 
Boris Schreurs

Remy Tilburg
Oona De Cleyn

Floris Bosveld

Hettie Leroy

Meysam Noori

Anthony Benjamin

Michal Maciejewski

Brian Poniatowski

Mateusz Sobecko

Stefano Silvino

Edited by Deeee

Boris-Schreurs-1.jpg

Boris Schreurs

Sorry JC. You will just have to live with the other many hot men that you’ve moved on to choreo/saved outright. Boris was the Top 12 guy in the first Dutch season. Unfortunately for him he was just fine but not nearly as good as men like Timor, Ivan, Giannini, or Bram. As a jazz dancer he had a bit of a rough go with two standard ballrooms and two hip-hops. But both hip-hops were pretty good. Boris loved a more famous life on IDF as the face of Hovak Testovic, a classic JC redux character who I believe is still featured in his signature. 

Edited by totes4totes
  • Confused 1

Timomatic Omaji

oceania_artculture_Tim-Omaji.jpg

That Boris/Hovak cut stung hard. I have nothing against Tim but he's getting cut because of Megan's cut. Sorry to his fans but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. Tim was on SYTYCD Australia Season 2 and made it to top 8. He was a hip hop/automation hip hop kind of dancer so anyways congrats to him on making it to Cycle 2. But out he goes from this rankdown. 

Mateusz Sobecko

Screenshot-20211103-212455-Instagram.jpg

This cut is tough but I figured a polish dancer who had to withdraw was a fair cut to make at this point in our rankdown.  Like I said Mateusz was a polish so you think you can dance contestant from Season 7 of the show.  He was a hip hop dancer who was 19 at the time of the show. He didn't stand out to me among these nominations so I figured I'd cut him.

I admittedly hurried this write up as I was out with friends and wanted to save Carly I am updating now to reflect Megan education that he actually did withdraw but came back to win the following season (season 8 ) so now I feel like a bit of a *sshole for cutting a winner but alas I hope he isn't too big of a loss for anyone. 

Saving Carly Smith
Choreography Oona De Cleyn

Edited by *Diana

Pania Taku

Jessica Prince

Renee Ritchie

Ashleigh Tavares

Yukino McHugh

Lizzie Gough

Rithiely "Rithy" Pereira

Gianinni Semedo

Remy Tilburg

Hettie Leroy

Meysam Noori

Anthony Benjamin

Michal Maciejewski

Brian Poniatowski

Stefano Silvino

2 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Mateusz Sobecko
This cut is tough but I figured a polish dancer who had to withdraw was a fair cut to make at this point in our rankdown.  Like I said Mateusz was a polish so you think you can dance contestant from Season 7 of the show.  He was a hip hop dancer who was 19 at the time of the show. He didn't stand out to me among these nominations so I figured I'd cut him.

Saving Carly Smith
Choreography Oona De Cleyn

He had to withdraw and then he won the next season!!!!

• Like 1