RuPaul's Drag Race UK - Series 3

*Lily

1 hour ago, #jeah said:

To me, she feels like a prototype drag race contestant. Like there’s a drag queen generator where someone pressed a bunch of buttons on what a successful drag race queen would look like and out came Krystal. Even down to the name. She lacks the spark or something different that the other queens you mentioned have. Just how I see her, though. I still do like her!

Agree.

I just don't connect with her. I connected with Kameron or Crystal for their story, and Bimini was hilarious. I just need more personality from Krystal to really like her - she what sets her apart from Violet and Aquaria. 

01. River - She did good in the challenge and that look. 🥰

02. Choriza - She’s so solid. She should have to the best track record so far.

03. Krystal - Another good week for her.

04.  Vanity - Her best look this week and she did good in the challenge. Her getting smacked in the face was probably the best part from both commercials

05. Charity - Her look was incredible and she sold the lip-sync.

06. Kitty - Not Kitty saying someone else’s looks aren’t up to par.
07. Ella - I completely lost her in this episode.
08. Scarlet - She’s a f*cking child. Her grotesque attitude for two weeks in a row. Go home already. 

The concept was a mess. They need to hire someone else to come up with concept for these challenges.

They should have gotten someone to do the voice for the "Draglexa". 

I also feel it wasn't well explained to the models. 

One of the worst episodes of Drag Race I've had to sit through. Flops across the board for the challenge AND the runway. Ru yelling at them and the "who should go home" question almost salvaged the episode but then it was the same old lip sync people as last week... thus proving that the last two weeks were a waste of time. Double elim was the only way to redeem the episode and they didn't do it.

This episode was something.... No one besides  River came off good this episode.  I found myself annoyed with Queens that I don't typically get annoyed with.

1. River Medway - beautiful runway, arguably the only good performance of the week

2. Ella Vaday - still solid

3. Choriza May - only here from past rounds.

4. Krystal Versace - Here by default.

5. Vanity Milan - her time is coming  I think, she is just consistently not one of the stand outs.  Her face looked great today though!

6. Kitty Scott-Clause - I found her annoying this week, and I normally don't.

7. Charity Kase - The drag style isn't my thing, but she was not annoying like Scarlet this round.

8. Scarlett Harlett - how to come off looking terrible to the world 101.  The ONLY redeeming thing about her this week is that she ate that lip sync up.  Otherwise truly heinous attitude.

Now that I've let out my opinions of the episode out.

My ranking with this episode. 

1. Ella Vaday : Not her best week but she's still my favourite, overall.
  2. River Medway : I thought she was the highlight of the challenge - should have been used more. And her runway ? Amazing.
  3. Choriza May : I am still stanning this queen. She's hilarious and has the charisma that some lacks.
  4. Kitty Scott Clause : Something wasn't clicking this week but still liking her alot. 
  5. Krystal Versace : I am trying real hard to like her but I am just not connecting with her. She was decent in the challenge but her runway look felt deja vu and very similar as her previous look in the girl group.
  6. Vanity Milan : I know that she's probably leaving sooner than later but this was the best she has looked. 
  7. Charity Kase : I feel the nose was too much but I did like her look. But she didn't bring it in the lipsync which cost her the win.
  8. Scarlett Harlett : She gets very defensive real quick - pretend that its her against the world. But she ate the lipsync so that was her redeemable factor. 

10 hours ago, #jeah said:

I feel bad for Charity. The judges’ critiques of her make no sense, it feels like she was just cast to be chastised for having a different style of drag. 

I mean, I kind of get their feedback even if they didn’t relay the message well. It would’ve been nice to see some of her drag looks without the masks.

Wow just watched last week's episode and that was absolutely tragic on all levels. UK3 is failing to deliver in a huge way and the strength of the first two seasons is highlighting just how bad this season is going? 

Scarlett might be one of my least faves ever. Vanity is just coasting. Charity was producing fantastic looks that are just not Ru's cup of tea and being criticized for it imo. Krystal is likely winning this season despite offering nothing different from fashion queens before her, she actually feels like she is just going through the motions of emulating those queens imo. Ella is cool, but is not transcendent in any way.

Choriza, River, and Kitty are really the only sources of joy and happiness at this point. I feel bad that they ended up on this season.

Drag Race currently:

happy-days-jump.gif

Beyond frustrating result. The lip-sync honestly wasn't great but we have seen way worse. Just felt like they were looking for any way to get shock value.

Overall rankings at this point:

1. Kitty - Her GC was kinda predictable throughout and yet I still loved it. It had all the Gemma-isms needed in a Snatch Game performance (that Cheryl Hole was missing, honestly). I still love her and her confessionals are always brilliant.

2. River - Ughhhh River deserved so much better. Honestly her Amy Childs was boring. Also just outdated like, maybe it would have been funny in 2011. All that being said I am devastated to be losing her at this point in the competition, when I think up to this point she has performed well.

3. Ella - Way to make your mark! I'm so glad she didn't do Mystic Meg as we've seen so many psychic characters on Snatch Game that just become one-note and predictable. Switching to Nigella was genius and I can't believe that wasn't her first choice because she totally nailed it.

4. Krystal - She should have lip-synced this week really, I thought her Snatch Game was underwhelming and while I liked her runway well enough, I completely get where the judges were going with it.

5. Vanity - "Single one talent" is amazing already. All that being said she's kinda coasting for me at this point. Her Snatch Game was alright but not a stand-out.

6. Choriza - I didn't know her Snatch Game character but I thought she did fine with it, nothing special but not a disaster. Would have been at peace with her going solo this week but I feel bad for her and River going in this way.

7. Scarlett - Honestly do not blame her for going for Macaulay Culkin. I don't think it was that funny at all, it was giving me Jaidynn Diore Fierce playing Raven and just doing the vision joke endlessly. But also, Ru was in hysterics about it and it makes sense to go for something that he's going to find funny no matter what. I think she needs to step it up again though as I haven't been all that impressed since the design challenge.

This season is... something else.   The one that I enjoy week after week are/were Ella, Kitty, Choriza and River.   And yes the lipsync was mediocre but it's not the worst one that we have seen, period. 

1. Ella Vaday : I've been a fan of Ella Vaday since the start and tonight confirmed why I love her so much. Choosing the fabulous Nigella was a brilliant choice and it was refreshing - every jokes landed, and the look was *chef's kiss*. On the runway ? She looked beautiful.
  2. Kitty Scott Clause : I want her to win a badge so much. She came so close, this week, as Gemma - she was brilliant but her runway didn't really live it up.
  3. Choriza : She didn't perform well but she's a star, in my opinion. I just love her, and she was gorgeous on the runway. 
  4. River : Performance was just there, and didn't really land. But I personally enjoyed her look on the runway, and I don't think she should have been in the bottom.
  5. Vanity : She had some moment and liked her look on the runway.
  6. Krystal : I know some people love her but she's becoming predictable - I can predict how she's gonna look on the runway.  Her snatch game was flat, and should have been in the bottom. I was totally expected her to do Aquaria since she's so inspired by her looks :giggle:. Anyway, it's clear she's winning and a meh winner for a meh season. 
  7. Scarlett : Decent performance but runway look was terrible. And her attitude is non, merci.