Films Per Year Mini-Rankdown (1993 - 3-1 Posted)

Alex95

6. Princess Mononoke

1*yBCgIO7Az4yfvFqQRplG1A.png

7.0/15

Watch Trailer

@FrogLenzen - 1/15

@~Tom~ - 1/15

@Steven_ - 3/15

@*Chris - 7/15

@*Diana - 8/15

@Alex95 - 11/15

@Elliott - 12/15

@*Wallace - 13/15

Derek

one of the best films ever made, period. I prefer this to Spirited Away. Mandatory viewing for all humans

Tom

Princess Mononoke is not only my favorite movie from Studio Ghibli, but one of my favorite movies ever. It tells the story of Ashitaka, who travels to find a cure after being cursed by a demonic boar. He gets involved in a war between a village mining colony, led by the iconic villain Lady Eboshi, and the creatures of the forest, led by San (Princess Mononoke) a girl raised by wolves who hates humans. Both San and Lady Eboshi (and the girls of Iron Town under her) are flawed and have their hilarious moments. Ashitaka is eminently rootable as well. I'd encourage everyone to watch it if they hven't!

Alex

Well I guess I finally popped my Studio Ghibli cherry (my ex was obsessed with them and always tried to get me to watch it so after we brokeup I refused out of spite but lol I'm over it now but still haven't gotten around to it till now). It was fiiiiine I guess. They kinda beat you over the head with the environmentalism message, which is of course great at all, but just not a hind of subtlety in the writing lol. Lady Eboshi is mother I fear.

5. Anastasia

anastasia_1997_001_1_copy_-_h_2017.jpg?w=1296

6.9/15

Watch Trailer

@Steven_ - 2/15

@*Diana - 5/15

@*Chris - 5/15

@FrogLenzen - 6/15

@Alex95 - 8/15

@*Wallace - 8/15

@~Tom~ - 8/15

@Elliott - 13/15

Derek

This movie and "Once Upon a December" schooled a lot of what Disney had to offer 

Alex

I kinda love the movie until they get to Paris and then it's a bit eh for me. However, Dmitry is one of my earliest crushes and the trio of Journey to the Past, Once Upon a December, In the Dark of the Night is an ICONIC trio of songs.

4. Titanic

titanic-final-scene-bild-100~_v-img__16__9__xl_-d31c35f8186ebeb80b0cd843a7c267a0e0c81647.jpg?version=f989d

6.6/15

Watch Trailer

@*Diana - 1/15

@*Wallace - 1/15

@Elliott - 1/15

@*Chris - 2/15

@Steven_ - 4/15

@Alex95 - 14/15

@FrogLenzen - 15/15

@~Tom~ - 15/15

Wally

Titanic is such a classic, timeless film that I really loved. I don't watch it that much as it's so long and haven't watched it in awhile but I've always really enjoyed it. Leonardo and Kate were wonderful in this. I know this movie is kinda polarizing overall but hopefully it can still rank well.

Alex

I've tried watching it twice and fell asleep both times.

Derek

I don't want to live in a world where this wins, please don't make me

• Alex95 changed the title to Films Per Year Mini-Rankdown (1997 - 6-4 Posted)