SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE ROUTINES RANKDOWN

DistantClosedCuttlefish-size_restricted.

Welcome everybody to the revamped So You Think You Can Dance Routine Rankdown. I am sure you are all curious what I mean by revamped so here are some details:

1. Each individual season will continue to be played in mini Rankdown form. That should relieve many of your fears regarding write-ups. 

2. However, each individual season (the exceptions being US13, US16, UK1, UK2, and PO1-9) will end with a Top 30. As decided by Rei! The exception seasons will end with a Top 15 only.

3. More exciting is that solos, group routines, and duets are all eligible to compete. Not much different from what Elliott was already doing, but now group routines are included.

4. We will do a final ranking for each season as per usual. The top-ranking song from each individual season will have an automatic pass to the second bracket of the overall tournament. 

5. Once all individual seasons have been finished, there should be a total of 945 routines and solos. There will be a final last chance round where 55 routines and/or solos will round out the final spots in the tournament.

6. 1000 routines/solos will enter the tournament. The 34 first place routines from the mini Rankdowns will advance immediately to the second round of the tournament. 

7. A massive tournament will then roll out over time. No write-ups required. Just votes for one routine/solo over another. That will leave us with 483 routines/solos after the first round.

8. A small mini round will be played to eliminate 17 entrants and leave us with an even 500 for the second round of the tournament.

9. The second round of the tournament will then take us from 500 to 250. Again, no write-ups.

10. Once we reach 250, we will transition to a normal Rankdown format with write-ups, twists, etc. I figure this will be a manageable number for us to work with for a full Rankdown that should run rather quickly.

11. This format should allow people to play when they want to play, take a break when they need to, pop in and out if they find themselves a bit busy at any one time. The only necessary commitment is the final Rankdown at the 250 mark. And this format should allow people who have not seen every single season to be engaged when appropriate, etc.

12. For US1, I plan on keeping the rankings the same as they previously were, but we will do a quick round to pick out 14 more routines/solos to advance as well to the Tournament round.

@.Rei @totes4totes @Elliott @sublymonal @*Wallace @FrogLenzen @taylorkat @*Amanda @*Diana @Zoey @*Chris @JC

Edited by Deeee
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Clearly I am f*cking bad at reading then. :dead:

34 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I somehow read Chris as Zoey. IDK. I was probably high or drunk. Or both. TBH. :dead:

Me seeing Dee, a non-Allison fan, somehow not try to get Chris, a vocal Allison fan, in this thread:

Miranda Cosgrove Meme GIF

• Haha 1

I see no complaints so far and a few likes. I will likely start the US1 mini-round at 5:00 PM PST so we can get those last 14 in there, and then I will finish unveiling the rankings of the top 16. 

I will just assume that everybody who played US1 the first time will play this small round again. Let me know if I am wrong.