The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

Abbie & Ryan

KM0wAALZC_84f90v6mywtlMcj_-OwBkKkIcO0DEL

I feel like in the HD era of the show, character development has become so much weaker than it had been in the classic seasons, or even mid-school seasons. The humbling and downfall of Abbie & Ryan is one of the few amazing storylines of these newer seasons though. Abbie & Ryan were a team I kinda hated out of the gate, but I was so into their storyline and found myself sympathizing as they kept taking hit after hit as the season went on. At the same time, they left at the exact right time because I could see myself hating them again if they got back in with the pack and fell into a power position.
Right out of the gate, Abbie & Ryan declared themselves as the dominant team of the season. Ryan had the goal of beating Rachel & Dave’s record of being the winningest team in the history of the race. After getting help from Amy & Daniel at the end of the first leg, they outran them to the pitstop in order to get their first leg win and the opportunity to win two million dollars in the double your money twist. I was hoping to see a rivalry form between the two teams, but Amy & Daniel went out the very next leg so obviously we didn’t get one. Luckily what we did was a much more iconic rivalry than Amy Purdy ever could’ve given us. Natalie & Nadiya vs. Abbie & Ryan is the kind of rivalry dreams are made of. Both teams recognized each other as one of their biggest threats. I appreciate Ryan specifically being man enough to admit Natalie & Nadiya scared him because most men underestimate the all-female teams on this show. Natalie & Nadiya really earned the respect of all the teams in the race in such a miraculous way, but that's more about them. Anyways, the Twinnies annoyed the ever loving shit out of Abbie & Ryan with their loud and boisterous personalities. Meanwhile, the Twinnies thought Ryan was a tool lol ❤️. Obviously I was #TeamTwinnie in the rivalry, but I’m able to appreciate both sides of the rivalry.
Abbie & Ryan’s chance to beat Rachel & Dave’s record started slipping away from them, which frustrated them. Though they won two of the first three legs, they got three second place finishes in a row in Bangladesh and Turkey, which wasn’t good enough for them. Then they went to Russia and disaster struck, as it did for many teams. Their flight to their connection to Russia ended up getting delayed, causing them to miss their connection with Josh & Brent. They fell many hours behind the first four teams in such a disastrous way that we hadn’t seen since the All-Stars flight scramble to Tanzania. Abbie & Ryan were no longer fighting to become the most dominant team in Amazing Race history, they were just fighting to stay alive and one day hope to catch up to the rest of the pack. I found the friendship that formed between Abbie & Ryan and Josh & Brent really sweet, as the two were in this position together. Instead of fighting each other, they decided to do it together. When Josh & Brent struggled at the swimming detour, Abbie & Ryan waited for them. When Abbie struggled at the key roadblock, Josh helped her. The two teams checking into the pitstop together and finding out they’re somehow not in last place thanks to James & Abba’s passport drama was such a wholesome moment.
Abbie & Ryan were still attempting to dig themselves out of the hole in Russia, but were slowly making up time as James & Abba had two legs of being screwed thanks to being “saved” by a NEL. So when it was time to fly to Amsterdam, Abbie & Ryan had the chance to catch up to the leading three teams only to get screwed by flight troubles AGAIN even after booking a backup flight as well :dead:. Poor Abbie & Ryan just can’t catch a break. So they’re in the back of the pack again with Josh & Brent and they decide to run another leg together. They’re confident they could at least beat Josh & Brent...but then Natalie & Nadiya ingeniously break the double U-Turn and Abbie & Ryan get screwed by their friends Jaymes & James. Abbie & Ryan have just been getting completely broken down for about three straight legs now. They’re hours behind everyone else, it’s raining, and they’re exhausted. This alpha team who thought they would sail to victory have pretty much hit rock bottom. Abbie breaking down in a random local’s arms after she helped her at the detour is a really memorable moment to me for some reason. That moment has stuck with me since it first aired and I was looking forward to returning to it on my rewatch as I couldn’t remember the context. It was really Abbie at her most vulnerable, completely broken down by the stresses of the race. A really human moment for a team five legs ago I didn’t think could have human moments. The two do end up getting eliminated that leg, which as I said, was the perfect time to eliminate them because I think their storyline was over. We saw them get humbled and we saw the rivalry with Natalie & Nadiya come to its rightful conclusion as the Twinnies orchestrate their elimination from the race. In many contexts Abbie & Ryan would not be ranked nearly this high, but their storyline was so good this season I really ended up loving them. Most of the teams I decided not to cut, I feel like I'd love in most contexts and situations. Abbie & Ryan really only worked in this exact season with this exact set of circumstances so that's why I'm cutting them here.

Bill and Cathi

Shocker, my final cut will be one of the least controversial, most tame cuts of all time as I take out a team that is probably kind of liked by everyone, but no one's favorite. They are not a threat to win and they're not going to make anyone upset at me, at least I really don't think so. If anyone is upset, I really had NO IDEA and thought this was a ridiculously safe cut. My favorite moment from Bill and Cathi was when they did the body building challenge and ROCKED it! They were an old couple who did not feel self conscious at all in those ridiculous outfits and that is quite commendable, and why should they feel self conscious, they looked fab! I also found if hilarious when Cathi got mad when they got uturned and threw some major shade! They were like this sweet old couple the entire time, but then when they got angry, the shade was hilarity. Anyways, they also did amazing on the race, and made it through so many legs and surprised so many teams by kicking their butts! Congrats to them on getting this far in the rankdown, they deserved it!

I believe that leaves just @*Chris & @QueenKalie to do both their group cut and individual cuts.

Remaining:

Joe & Bill

Nancy & Emily

Blake & Paige

Oswald & Danny

Linda & Karen

Kami & Karli

Ron & Christina

Nat & Kat

Brook & Claire

Ernie & Cindy

Pam & Winnie

Tim & Marie

Shelley & Nici

Logan & Chris

Brooke & Scott

Rachel & Elissa

Shelley & Nici

ar25_cast_shelley_nici.jpg

For our team cuts we decided to cut the team that had the least body of work which was Shelley and NIci. They were a mom and daughter team and they were super fans of the show. They did argue a lot with each other even at a pit stop in which they didn't even come in last place in. Navigation was their achilles heel as they often got lost which was the case in Morocco where they were driving around for hours and this cost them their race. Season 25 isn't a season that I was super passionate about as the teams that I was rooting for went out pretty early so while I did watch the whole season I was pretty mentally checked out after a couple of episodes so most of these teams I don't really care much for either way. Since we are about to enter the top 20 I thought it was best to just cut the lowest placed team and since it was from a season I didn't really care much for that makes it even easier to do.  

• Sad 1

Linda & Karen

3eca34fcc9f38da466ba9aeabfa093f5.jpg

After talking with people and being one of the last to cut I have been left with limited choices on what to do here so I ended up settling on this team since season 5 had the most amount of people and this was the team I cared the least about on that season so that's why I decided to cut them. Linda and Karen did make race history by being the first female / female team to reach the penultimate leg of the race. It's kinda a shame it took 5 season for this feet to happen and even more of a shame at how long it took for a female / female team to win but that does show the faults in the TAR design especially the early seasons which I remember being a lot rougher and more physical. Linda & Karen were a pair of bowling moms that were on the 5th season and they finished in 4th place. The task they went out on was very physical and they fell behind the other teams because they aren't as strong as the males on the other teams. They were a memorable team for sure but unfortunately they are going to just miss out the finals here as well. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, *Chris said:

Not at all. I’m behind the scene guy :haha: 

That's way more important! Because you actually have to know your shizz or else your candidate looks like an idiot. Unless you're Trump in which case your team must want to make you look like an idiot to relate to the large idiot fanbase.

JOE & BILL
the-amazing-race-all-stars-2007040305234

Hopefully I am not upsetting anyone with this cut, although I have a feeling some might be considering that they're an iconic team that is often referred as the original villains of the series, as they appeared on the first ever season of The Amazing Price. The fabulous team of Joe & Bill were able to make a name for themselves by being cutthroat and doing anything to win - they are truly an iconic team as many teams would try to replicate their game play in future season but really not able to measure up to them.  They're pretty much raced a flawless race during their time on the race except near the end but the gay gods were on their side when they were saved by another team getting a 24 hour penalty - I am laughing that they are getting eliminated from this rankdown over Nancy & Emily? I assume that it's update on front page.  But this mistake led to them not winning the race as they started so far back and unable to catch up.  

As mentioned earlier, they are seen as a pioneer of the race so they were invited back for All-Stars - they were giving me life for their confrontations with Eric & Danielle; Certainly #TeamJoeBIll on this matter. Again, they made a mistake which cost them to start so far back the pack and unable to catch the front of the pack, and they were unable to survive although they arrived before Eric & Danielle but they had a 30 minute penalty ; SMH at them not surviving over Eric & Danielle.

Anyway, they're an iconic team and I think they are one of the best male & male team to have competed on the series but I prefer the other teams left in this over them hence why I am cutting them. Sorry for anyone that are fans of them 😢 

• Sad 2