The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

Lucas & Brittany

MV5BN2IxYjVhMGUtMmY2Zi00MTAxLWJhYzktMzUzZmU1OTAxYmEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI5NjIyMw@@._V1_.jpg

Pineapple! While I tend to not care how well a couple works as a couple (the worse of a match it is, the better tv it makes ❤️) I’ve always adored Lucas & Brittany’s relationship. It’s clear that they’re a perfect match together and I’m happy to see them married and hopefully thriving. Lucas & Brittany are that rare team that brings drama, but I’m not like “Yikessssss kill this relationship!”. Brittany was just adorable in every sense of the word. It was just really hard to take her seriously when she was annoyed with Lucas :dead:. Brittany’s drama with Lucas was more tongue-in-cheek where she would joke about holding things over him for the rest of her life, but it was clear she was joking. My absolute favorite Brittany moment is when they got lost in France and the automatic doors of the rest stop shut in front of a sobbing Brittany as Lucas went inside to ask for directions :dead:.
Along with bringing drama with each other, Brittany also had drama with the other teams, namely Jessica. Tbh, I always felt like Brittany vs. Jessica was edited to be a bigger deal than it actually was (I also think Jess made it out to be a bigger deal than it was because she hates women, but that’s a whole other story). It all started in Morocco when Jessica grabbed Brittany’s gnome and when Brittany ran away, Jess didn’t go out of her way to return it to her. I never blamed Jess there, and neither did Brittany who assumed it was unintentional. It’s probably not the best way to make friends, but really it was a whole lot of nothing. Then in the Czech Republic, Jessica was working with Alex and Brittany at the roadblock, but held onto the correct answer until she was able to complete it first. Once again, don’t blame Jess here, but it’s a really easy way to lose trust in other racers. So, Lucas & Brittany decided to U-Turn Jessica & Cody when the opportunity arose because they viewed them as threats and did not trust them. Jessica thought it was a personal attack and used it as ammunition to continue hating Brittany even though it was a strategic decision. Brittany was very open the whole time that she had no beef with Jessica, it was just the game. I found the rivalry pretty lame overall, since it was mainly just Jessica hating on Brittany, but obviously I was #TeamBrittany.
Lucas & Brittany definitely were underdogs early on, but when they won the leg in France and subsequently got engaged, they went on to win two out of the next three legs. I didn’t see them as frontrunners early on, but I began to wonder if they had what it takes to win the season. Unfortunately, their time on the race was cut short when Lucas lost his passport on a plane in Zimbabwe. It was really such a devastating way to lose them, especially since they were racing so well. Lucas was obviously devastated to make this mistake, but Brittany supported Lucas and never blamed him. All of Brittany’s jokes about how she would hold the race over his head if he lost it proved to just be jokes as we all assumed, since their relationship is stronger than the race. Lucas & Brittany would be strong contenders for another Unfinished Business season if we were to ever get one. Overall, they were just a really fun and rootable team to watch! I would've loved to see them make the top 100, but they're not the biggest robbery of that honor or anything (Queen Margarita getting cut twice before the top 100 :broken:)

Denise and James Earl

TeamAlabama Reflect On Their Adventures During The Amazing Race - The Amazing  Race Photos - CBS.com

I mean I wanted James & Abba out over them but the vote's just weren't there so alas here we are. The next team barely missing out of this top 100 happens to be Denise and James Earl. I mean no big loss here either so I am not too upset over any of the two teams we chose to eliminate here. These two were kinda insufferable at times anyway so I guess i get why the votes went they did. They were one of the endless mom/son teams and raced on season 27. I have zero words to say about Denise that would be remotely acceptable on IDF so I'll keep myself mute on her. They did well for themselves despite not speaking for a while before the show and made it all the way to 5th place before being U Turned which led to them being in last place and eliimated. So close to the finale and so close to the top 100 yet once again they fall short.

Binge watching the show, it got increasingly more distressing the amount of "homophobic parent and gay child" teams on the show. Say what you want about Margie & Luke, they for sure have a ton of faults, but it's nice to have one gay kid/straight parent team where the parent isn't on a ~journey~ to tolerate their kid.

• Like 1

CYCLE 7 - THE RANDOMIZER

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119e2e1a027fa2ee25a8

Yep, it's time for the much-dreaded rankdown staple - the randomizer! I put all 100 remaining teams into the randomizer and the teams who were placed in spots 87-100 are our nominees. 7 will survive but the other 7 will be cut from the rankdown.

I have the day off from work tomorrow, so nominees will be posted some time then. I will give you all a heads-up shortly before I post them.

RULES

1. I will post the 14 nominees that have been determined by the randomizer.

2. On a first come, first serve basis, the 7 rankers will cut and save 1 team each.

3. You have 30 minutes from your initial cut post to produce a 100-word write-up for your cut to be valid.

4. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING OF YOUR INITIAL CUT/SAVE POST WHATESOEVER. Please quote it if you need to make a change.

5. You have 24 hours to make your cut. Please let me know if you need an extension. If you haven't posted your cut  or asked for an extension by that point, any of the other 6 rankers can step in to make it in your place.

@Alex95 @*Chris @*Diana @JC @Weedy_Speedy @QueenKalie @Steven_

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Cycle 7 - The Randomizer)
1 minute ago, *Diana said:

I'll be gone Friday night to Sunday evening with no service asking for any extensions I may need now. 

Thank you for letting me know! I will try to post the nominations before Friday night, but if I don't, you have an extension for this cycle.

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Randomizer Nominations Posted)

Meredith & Gretchen

3294695-BG1.jpg

I am a little sorry to make this cut I have been nice up until this point where my favorites have targeted a lot so really I meant what I said about just doing what I want because none of my favorites really stand a chance so I might as well go after who I find overrated.  I changed my cut before that allowed them to last longer and make the Top 100 so thats good

I think my dislike for these two isn't a secret.  I cut them in the debunked rankdown game so it shouldnt shock anyone. I mean it's my probably my most unpopular CBS opinion. They would stand a good chance of winning and I just don't want that happening so I'll cut them now. They were a good part of season 7 and lasted a good portion of the game and by the end almost won. This isn't personal just a team that i never liked and has a good chance of winning if I don't

It's not like my favs have stood a chance anyway so might as well play the game I want to.

Saving Tiffany & Krista

Edited by *Diana

BRIAN & ERICKA

yxFQj.gif

Brian & Ericka were a married couple who competed on The Amazing Race 15. Ericka was the first African American woman to be crowned Miss Florida, and Ericka ended up being crowned Miss America in 2004. Brian & Ericka went on the race to show Ericka's family that their interracial marriage could work. Although they did make it to the Final 3, Brian & Ericka struggled a lot throughout the race. Ericka lost her cool during tough tasks, and she was annoyed whenever Brian was too nice to the other teams when it was a competition. Brian believed that the race was more about karma than anything else though. Brian & Ericka did get pretty lucky twice though. They fell very far behind in two legs, but they escaped elimination due to Maria & Tiffany and Flight Time & Big Easy quitting before they reached the Pit Stop. Brian & Ericka were the underdogs going into the Final 3, and they started off the final leg strong. However, Ericka's struggle in the Cirque de Soleil task put them behind. And they stayed in the back of the pack after their dealer miscounted during the poker chips challenge. Brian & Ericka ended up placing third overall. After the race, Brian & Ericka got divorced. And according to their Amazing Race Wiki page, Brian now hosts an HGTV show with his new wife. Sorry to any fans, but out they go from the rankdown now.

Save Hayley & Blair.

tumblr_nmzdptHvnU1qzjdb1o2_250.gif

Edited by Steven_

Chip and kim

Chip and Kim were an interesting married couple, I think they beat out Colin and Christie the first time by masterfully manipulating them which I applauded their gameplay. The main thing that annoyed me about them was that this was still before the rules about splitting up the roadblocks and Kim legit only did one. ONE. I just do not feel like that is worthy of being winners, I wouldn’t have cared at all if they had not won, but I’m still like Kim was only worthy of completing one roadblock? Like girl, where’s your feminist side? I know that was a different time but she should have done more and I’m sure she would’ve been better than chip at at least some of the tasks. But anyways I guess we can applaud her for winning the million by doing the bare minimum possible lol. Anyways congrats to them on making it so far, this is a very respectable spot for them!