Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

16. Harry Judd

Season 9, Winner

rB0PRYd.jpg

Wally: 9/20

Chris: 15/20
Diana: 16/20

Lily: 16/20

Gigi: 17/20

IDF: 18/20

WALLY

9. Harry Judd - Season 9, Winner

tumblr_lulwb7dLVn1qlzyk7o1_250.gifv

tumblr_lukd9pGK9p1qcq4b7o5_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_lvarixdovI1qlzyk7o3_250.gifv

tumblr_lwdbmmZfjB1qcq4b7o2_250.gifv

Harry Judd is a musician, best known for being the drummer of pop/rock band McFly, competed on the 9th series of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Aliona Vilani. Harry & Aliona had a strong run and won their series.

As with nearly everyone in this Top 20, I love Harry and I was invested into his journey on the show. I am not really sure how popular or liked he is amongst the rankers, but one of my goals was to hopefully get Harry in the finals. I am glad I was able to achieve. Harry was my favorite make celebrity on Strictly and held that title for 5 years, until another male celeb came along. I thought he was a cool & chill guy, and a surprisingly great dancer. And I loved Aliona so I really loved his partnership with her as well. I do think Harry's Latin was good/solid....better than most male celebs but not really amongst the all-time male greats there. However, I think he really shines in ballroom and is by far the best male celebrity in ballroom in Strictly by quite a margin. He brought such style, grace and high level professionalism in ballroom. I did boost up Harry a bit in my rankings (he would have been 11th otherwise), to hopefully bring him up in rankings but still think he'll show up on the lower end. But onto his Strictly journey.

Harry started off his run well, not major frontrunner status but a contender, with a good/decent Cha-Cha to "Moves Like Jagger," which scored a 28. He had fun with this although also seemed nervous and didn't really let loose enough. He also had a decent Foxtrot to "Just the Way You Are," which scored a 27. This was probably my least favorite dance of his, and his only not-so-great ballroom routine. There were some frame and posture issues but he would fix that up on the following weeks. On Week 3's Broadway Night, Harry did step it up with a really fun & entertaining Jive to "Greased Lightnin'," which scored a 33. Harry let loose and had a lot of fun with this dance, and really embraced the Danny Zuko character.

On Week 4, this was when Harry began to show his strength and greatness in ballroom with his Waltz to "Come Away with Me," scoring a 35. This was a really beautiful and stunning dance. Harry brought a good romantic connection and sold it here with Aliona. But this was also when Harry & Aliona became rebels, mostly because of Alionas choreography choices which Len did not appreciate here. That became much more evident with their Week 5 Tango to "Psycho Killer," scoring a 34. Not only did it score a 34, but it scored all different scores from the judges an 8-7-10-9. What an entertaining mess of scores. :dead: Len hated the routine and content, and such...but I personally loved this. It was a creepy and dark,dance but perfect for Halloween. The following week, Harry danced a Samba to "I Wish," which scored a 33. I didn't love this as much as his previous 2 dances but it was still a really fun dance.

Harry came in hard and really delivered on Week 7 with his Argentine Tango to "Asi se Baila el Tango," which scored a 37. I thought this was simply incredible and such an amazing dance! The chemistry and passion Harry & Aliona had together was so steamy and strong! Harry danced this incredibly well with his leading, partnering and intricate footwork. And Aliona brought all of that too, and she looked insanely hot here too. Honestly this is one of my all-time favorite Strictly dances! ❤️  Len was being a hardcore HATER hating all over this routine and giving it an 8. Ridiculous. 🙂  Harry then danced a Salsa to "I'm Still Standing," which is such an odd song/style combo. I didn't get it but Harry did well and made the best of it. This scored a 34. Not one of my top favorites but I still enjoyed it.

On Week 9, Harry would deliver one of his biggest standout dances with his Quickstep to "Don't Get Me Wrong," which scored a 39. This was a flawless Quickstep with great footwork, frame, partnering and a nicely fast paced routine. Definitely one of my favorite Quicksteps on Strictly. :yes: Harry also won the Swing-a-thon later that night. So he had an amazing night there. On Week 10's Movie Night, he danced a Robin Hood themed Rumba to "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You."  This scored a 36. This was a really pretty and lovely dance, and kind of on the emotional side. The make celebs struggle on the Rumba but I felt Harry had one of the better male Rumbas here. I also think this was his best Latin dance of the traditional Latin dance styles.

Harry had one of the strongest semi final nights with his two dances. His "I'm Just Wild About Harry" Charleston was a fun, charming and fantastic dance. It was nice seeing this fun, wacky and animated side of Harry while delivering great technique and swivel footwork. Then Harry slayed with his Viennese Waltz to "This Year's Love." This was a really gorgeous, emotional and romantic dance. It's one of those dances that gives you chills. His frame, posture, footwork and everything he danced was technically profound. Both of these dances scored a 39, which is fantastic. Although I think his Viennese Waltz was 40-worthy. The finale this series was insane as the Top 2 had to dance an insane 4 dances. Harry kicked off his finale night with a reprise of his amazing Quickstep, which earned its well deserved 40. His Showdance to "Great Balls of Fire" was a lot of fun, which scored a 37. This was my least fave dance of his on the final but it was still,a great high energy dance! His next dance was an American Smooth to "Can't Help Falling In Love" scored a 39. This was such a gorgeous and emotional dance that Harry also brought great frame and footwork too. Another ballroom dance he excelled at and made so effortless. Then for his last dance of the competition, he danced a reprise to his Argentine Tango, which got its perfect 40 it deserved.

Harry would then go on to win the competition, which I expected to happen and I was really happy for him. Harry and Chelsee were my favorite Top 2 of Strictly Come Dancing, and while I do prefer Chelsee, I loved Harry & Aliona and was really happy with their win. He also still remains my favorite male winner too. But Harry's winning moment was quite iconic and memorable as his fellow McFly band mates went barging onto the stage to celebrate his win but Sie Bruce was yelling at them to get off the stage. :dead: SUCH an iconic moment. :lmao: Harry also went onto win other Strictly mini competitions such as the Children In Need special in 2010 with Ola Jordan and the 2015 Christmas special with Joanne Clifton in 2015. I'm hoping Harry can rank well, although I don't have too high expectations, but I'm just glad he made it into this Top 20!

CHRIS

tumblr_lwnbdub8B61qeb62eo1_500.gif

I am certainly happy that Harry Judd was able to make it into this Top 20 considering that many of the talented male on Strictly Come Dancing were often targeted in this rankdown – I am generally Team Female, but I feel there was a good amount of male from Strictly that deserves the Top 20, including Harry.

Known as a singer from McFly, a band that I knew due to Lindsay Lohan`s hit movie known as ``Just My Luck``, Harry Judd appeared on the 9th series of Strictly Come Dancing where he was partnered with Aliona VIlani. 

For the most part of the series, Harry was lacking confidence in his dancing ability especially in the first few weeks – his ‘Waltz’ during Week 4 was certainly a turning point in his journey on Strictly.   From that moment on, Harry was able to impress the judges and the public with an incredible Tango,  his Samba, and his near-perfection Argentina Tango – it being one of my favourite routine of his.  It seemed that he went from middle of the pack to top of the leaderboard, especially near the end competition with his Quickstep, Charleston, and Vienesse Waltz – all three of those routines were amazing, but for me, his best one was certainly his Charleston.

He ended the competition with strong routines which led to him taking the mirrorball at the end of the series, which was well deserves, although he was essentially neck and neck with Chelsee throughout the competition.  As he is not one of my top favourite, I could not justify having him any higher than this especially among this great Top 20 – still very happy with him making the Top 20 and even happier if he is not the first one to be revealed.

DIANA

16. Harry Judd

Unpopular opinion time but I was team Chelsee and Pasha that season shocking no one lol. But yeah, no denying Harry Judd was a fantastic dancer and strong winner I just felt more attached to Chelsee. I know this is not a spoiler alert because I expect her to show up first in our rankings, I scored much higher than him for that reason. He was still a very winner and he was paired with pro Aliona Vilani during season 9. They dominated that season with their electric personality and chemistry. It was fun to see and it’s good to have some representation of men in our top 20 as well. Outside of Kelvin missing out, I feel like we got some of the strongest men and Harry is among the best ever. I just think he is a threat so I am doing what I can to protect my favorites.

LILY

16. Harry Judd - Season 9, Winner
Yay I'm glad Wally brought Harry into this top 20. I'm not sure if he makes my overall top 20 but he was a great winner and consistently a strong frontrunner on his season. I think at first Jason was being perceived as the one to beat for the first few weeks, however Harry did a great job in starting decently and growing stronger each week. He was a really solid ballroom dancer in particular and his Quickstep was one of my top dances of that season. I'll be interested to see how Tom does following in his footsteps as the next McFly member on this upcoming series.

GIGI

17. Harry Judd - Harry Judd is the drummer from McFly. He is a musician, songwriter, and actor that was born in Essex. He appeared in the film Just My Luck with his band mates, Lindsay Lohan, and Chris Pine. Harry won the 2010 Children In Need Strictly special, dancing a Paso Doble with Ola Jordan. Harry danced in the ninth series of Strictly Come Dancing and his dance partner was Aliona Vilani. His best dances were a Quickstep to Don't Get Me Wrong (39), a Charleston appropriately danced to I'm Just Wild About Harry (39), and a Viennese Waltz to This Year's Love (39).

AMANDA

Yeah, I was always more of a Chelsee fan this season, but Harry was really good. He & Aliona were a great partnership and delivered some really great routines such as his Argentine Tango, Quickstep, Charleston, Viennese Waltz, American Smooth, and Showdance. Definitely one of the better males to appear on Strictly over the years and he was actually a great dancer so I'm not as upset about this win as say, Bill Bailey beating out both Maisie and HRVY, for example. Anyway, I'm not sure what else to say and both Wally and Chris have that covered so just read what they wrote I guess. And I'm not surprised at him finishing at 16th here. As with Jay, he's well-liked but doesn't have any really passionate stans (well, except Wally maybe?).

• *Amanda changed the title to Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (#16 Posted)

Well Chris can be happy I lost someone in my Top 10. :haha: And I knew Harry would be the first revealed of my Top 10.

Ooh, I'm pleased for Harry coming in 16th, as I was expecting him to rank much lower than this (and thought Jay/Emma would rank higher). But also glad all the rankers have positive thoughts on him as well. 😄

And yay, my Top 2 males being the Top 2 males here too!

Although lol Diana thinking Chelsee would show up first. :giggle: I'm loving reading her predictions. :wub:

• Like 1

CHRIS

9. Jay McGuiness

11. Emma Bunton

13. Karim Zeroual

15. Harry Judd

19. Denise Lewis

DIANA

15. Emma Bunton

16. Harry Judd

17. Jay McGuiness

19. Denise Lewis

20. Karim Zeroual

GIGI

10. Emma Bunton

17. Harry Judd

18. Denise Lewis

19. Jay McGuiness

20. Karim Zeroual

LILY

9. Denise Lewis

14. Karim Zeroual

15. Jay McGuiness

16. Harry Judd

19. Emma Bunton

WALLY

9. Harry Judd

16. Karim Zeroual

18. Jay McGuiness

19. Emma Bunton

20. Denise Lewis

IDF

14. Jay McGuiness

15. Karim Zeroual

18. Harry Judd

19. Denise Lewis

20. Emma Bunton

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

Wally finally losing one :wub: 

Like I said, I really enjoyed Harry but in this Top 20, he's not a top favourite so not too mad seeing him show up. 

Now you  can set your curse on Diana as she has her whole Top 14 remaining. :claybleh:

• Haha 1