Snatch Game: The Mini-Rankdown (Tournament Final Round, Due Feb 7th)

Solaris

22 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I think I have some time now so I'll try to send rankings in a bit.

Sent with some comments of this messy Snatch Game. :wub: :giggle: 

Oooh and forgot to comment on S3. No real issues there. I feel kinda awkward/bad ranking Alexis' the lowest and now I wished I placed her higher (though it only would have went up to 4th). Perfect Top 2!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snatch Game Season 4:

9. Beyonce (Kenya Michaels)

Yes Ru, We'll Take “Serving Trout” for 500 | J&M

Average: 8.14

Rankings:

@*Chris - 9

@Deeee - 8

@FrogLenzen - 6

@*Lily - 9

@Solaris - 9

@*Wallace - 9

@Zoey - 7

Chris

Just do not do Beyonce in Snatch Game, and stop disrespecting her like that.

Derek

I have to give a little bit of acknowledgment to how insane a pill-popping, narcoleptic, farting Beyonce is, but unfortunately the only funny moment was her falling out of the chair. Even Ru was annoyed lol. 

Lily

Pretty much everything Beyoncé on this show (ignoring TKB's rusical performance) has been a massive bust but this was always my least favorite. There was literally no Beyoncé in whatever this was and the "I'm a survivor!" moment makes my soul leave my body every time I relive it.

Wallace

It pains me to put something Beyoncé related last. Yikes, this was quite embarrassing and not a good portrayal of Beyoncé at all. And I actually like Kenya.

8. Lady Gaga (Phi Phi O'Hara)

Snatch game GIF - Find on GIFER

Average: 7.86

Rankings:

@*Chris - 7

@Deeee - 6

@FrogLenzen - 9

@*Lily - 8

@Solaris - 8

@*Wallace - 8

@Zoey - 9

Chris

Who thought Lady Gaga was a funny and a good choice ?

Derek

trash. look bad, voice bad, answers bad. impersonation total failure. Also 0% was funny because 0% were even attempts at jokes. garbage. dumpster.

Lily

Terrible. There was no Gaga here...should have been a Beyoncé vs. Gaga bottom 2 and lip-sync.

Wallace

Didn't really get Lady Gaga here.

7. Snooki (Jiggly Caliente)

Jiggly caliente rupauls drag race snooki GIF - Find on GIFER

Average: 6.58

Rankings:

@*Chris - 8

@Deeee - 7

@FrogLenzen - 5

@*Lily - 7

@Solaris - 7 

@*Wallace - 7 

@Zoey - 5

Chris

She should have decided to keep flatlining instead of giving a hot mess of a performance. 

Derek

frightening. without the smush it would have been passable. I can't believe I am forced to put this high.

Lily

The level of unprofessionalism... far too much!

Wallace

I thought she started off okay but then she went really unprofessional towards the end. She went crazy in a bad, desperate and unfunny way so that drops her a few spots.

6. Diana Ross (Milan)

Diana Ross Video GIFs | Tenor

Average: 6.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 6

@Deeee - 5

@FrogLenzen - 7

@*Lily - 6

@Solaris - 6

@*Wallace - 6

@Zoey - 6

Chris

Makeup was not it, and the performance was not it. 

Derek

Milan was too grown at this point to look in her mirror at that Diana make-up and consider it acceptable. 

Lily

I don't even know how this ended up as my #6. The bar was so low. Imagine having the nerve to bomb as Diana Ross this hard in front of Ru.

Wallace

Didn't really get Diana Ross here. But I guess this spot works?

5. Aretha Franklin (Latrice Royale)

Aretha Franklin | 22 Halloween Costume Ideas Inspired by RuPaul's Drag  Race's Snatch Game | POPSUGAR Entertainment Photo 19

Average: 5.57

Rankings:

@*Chris - 5

@Deeee - 3

@FrogLenzen - 8

@*Lily - 5

@Solaris -5 

@*Wallace - 5

@Zoey - 8

Chris

Didn't WOW us but didn't do anything that was embarrassing ; She just shut off and I don't blame her. 

Derek

BORING. Eating is not an impersonation. Fail. 

Lily

Latrice was boring here honestly, we've seen it on multiple occasions where she'll get frustrated about the unprofessionalism in Snatch Game and yet not really do anything to make herself stand out amongst it.

Wallace

She did seem to check out of this challenge when it got really hectic, which is understandable. But at least she brought the iconic "the level of unprofessionalism is far too much" quote here. So that quote alone gets her at this spot.

Edited by Solaris

Snatch Game Season 4 continued:

4. Wendy Williams (DiDa Ritz)

Snatch game dita ritz wendy williams GIF - Find on GIFER

Average: 4.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 4

@Deeee - 4

@FrogLenzen - 4

@*Lily - 4

@Solaris - 4

@*Wallace - 4

@Zoey - 4

Chris

Here by default - not terrible but not WOW either.

Derek

passable. didn't break character. tried.

Lily

Kinda got lost in the shuffle with everything going on but I thought it was a decent impersonation with some alright answers.

Sola

How you doin'?  That said the default ranking at 4 from every ranker is great!

Wallace

Default placement. I liked her "How you doin'?"

3. Michelle Visage (Sharon Needles)

The 'Drag Race' GIF-cap Xtravaganza: 'Worst. Snatch Game. Ever.'

Average: 3.13

Rankings:

@*Chris - 1

@Deeee - 9

@FrogLenzen - 2

@*Lily - 3

@Solaris - 3

@*Wallace - 2

@Zoey - 2

Chris

Went back and forth on who to rank #1 and I ended up with Sharon Needles as Michelle Visage for the simple fact, I felt she had more jokes and made me laugh more.

Derek

easily one of the best of the seasons we've done so far. 

Lily

I wanted to knock this down more seeing as it's Sh*ron but this was a hot mess of a Snatch Game and her Michelle was one of the only good parts so I can't. It was a really entertaining performance.

Sola

She did great,  I think she probably gets second if not for the tank! :P She probably deserved the tank though on some level.

Wallace

I thought Sharon wsa really hilarious as Michelle. I sometimes found her to be the funniest here, but her portrayal wasn't as spot on as my #1. One of the better ones for sure.

2. Jessica Simpson (Willam)

Willam Belli Snatch Game Jessica Simpson RuPaul's Drag Race Season 4 Gif GIF  | Gfycat

Average: 2.29

Rankings:

@*Chris - 3

@Deeee - 1

@FrogLenzen - 3

@*Lily - 2

@Solaris - 2

@*Wallace - 3

@Zoey - 1

Chris

A very strong performance. 

Derek

not quite as present as I would expect Willam to be but not hard to rank high this season.

Lily

I think Willam had some fun moments in Untucked here too and alongside what we saw on the main show, I thought it was fun.

Sola

The arrow pointing at Latrice sends me.  

Wallace

She was enjoyable and did well. But I remembered her standing out more and being funnier than what I watched? I kinda expected more from this professional actor. Still good enough for 3rd though.

1. Cher (Chad Michaels)

Just A Person — Snatch Game Winners

Average: 1.57

Rankings:

@*Chris - 2

@Deeee - 1

@FrogLenzen - 1

@*Lily - 1

@Solaris - 1

@*Wallace - 1

@Zoey - 4

Chris

Worldclass performance. 

Derek

Chad earned it. made the best of the bad situation

Lily

It's giving Cher. Honestly this challenge was made for Chad, everything was obviously right on point.

Sola

I'm wearing the sh-- out of this headpiece. :haha: So many great one liners.  Great challenge and probably Chad's best moment over her two seasons.

Wallace

Cher was an obvious pick for Chad but she clearly slayed her portrayal of Cher and was the winner of this challenge imo. She was hilarious.

Edited by Solaris

All-Stars 1 Gaff-in:

Its time for All-Star 1 Gaff-In. I have attached the YouTube link for your review. This is so bad you will rank them individually and we will only have 1 winner.

The Cast:

Shakira (Alexis Mateo)

Bette Davis (Chad Michaels)

Fran Drescher (Jujubee)

Orpah Winfrey (Latrice Royale)

Madonna (Manila Luzon)

La Lupe (Nina Flowers)

Bea Arthur (Raven)

Lucille Ball (Shannel)

Tammy Faye Messner (Tammie Brown)

Charo (Yara Sofia)

Rank each of the celebrity impersonations 1 to 10.  Commentary is not required but appreciated!  Since these will be fast cycles I will give 72 hours for rankings.  This is due Tuesday, Nov 2nd at 12 CST.

Tagging people who might still be interested!

@*Chris @Elliott @*Wallace @*Lily @sublymonal @Deeee @#jeah @Zoey @FrogLenzen

Also If you will be participating in multiple seasons, please keep all rankings to one private message chain as to prevent too many messages.  Thanks!

Edited by Solaris

Wow I am impressed with how the Season 4 rankings went for me. 😮 I ranked all the placements in the spots they appeared from 9th to 4th. Then ugh it got messed up when Sharon's Michelle Visage got robbed at 3rd. :/ But oh well.

The Top 3 was great and obvious here. And oooo glad that Derek agreed with me on Willam's Jessica Simpson as I feared I was the only one that thought that. :haha: And also agree with Sola that this challenge was probably my favorite from Chad across her 2 seasons on the show.

20 hours ago, #jeah said:

Man there really isn't much time to do each round! Okay I'm going to do this now.

theres not much to do for these rounds, just rank and maybe comment.  That's why 72-96 hours is sufficient!  

The editing of the whole thing was just awful. 

They couldn't decide if this should be a Snatch Game kind of challenge or just a regular skit challenge. Instead we got the worst of both.

They shouldn't have included the outtakes within the actual result. They should have shown the mess-ups in rehearsals (like they do with the skit challenges) and then shown the whole final result at panel. Yes, then it would lose the improv/spontaneity of Snatch Game challenges, but they already lost it with how the Gaff In was filmed. Snatch Game doesn't have lines, it doesn't have 50 different cuts. I just can't believe that they presented it in this way. The producers wanted content/drama of contestants messing up but instead they made themselves look completely incompetent. 

• Like 3