• 2013 (S4-S5)
    • 2014 (S6-S7)
    • 2015 (S8-S9)
    • 2016 (S10-S11)
    • 2017 (S12-S13)
    • 2018 (S14-S15)
    • 2019 (S16-S17)
    • 2020 (S18-S19)

Basing on the entire year, 2014 without a doubt was the worst. This is the only year I didn't enjoy at least one of the winners. S6 had a lot of talented people but imo almost all of them were eliminated early. S7 had few talented artists I enjoyed at all, and that field was weak.

As for the best year, it's harder, but I think 2013 takes it. S4 was STACKED, and S5 was also very solid.

Edited by MatthewPalermo

S17 is perhaps my favorite season yet, and is being dragged by S16 on this one. S15 is another favorite of mine and it´s dragged by S14. As a year, it´s definitely 2017, I enjoyed both S12 and S13 as a whole.

As for the weakest, I have to hand it to 2020 (Both for the Voice, and as a year in general lol) I liked both S18 and S19, but neither had the heights of past seasons. Plus S18 totally brings it down due to the at home "live shows". I swear I fell asleep on the semifinals lol.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Haha 2

I've only been watching The Voice since 2018, meaning that I didn't really experience the earlier seasons (though I watched some season 13 stuff on YouTube). My two favourite seasons by far are seasons 14 and 17, mainly because I loved most of the finalists those two seasons (all but Ricky). However, the mess that was season 16 unfortunately drags down 2019. I also really liked season 15 because Chevel is amazing plus I loved the Kelly and JHud dynamic that season. Hence, I voted for 2018 as the best year of The Voice. 😍

TPTB butchered seasons 18 and 19 by shortening the live shows (from 6 weeks to only 3 weeks) and implementing the dumb team quotas format. Also, the effects that were used in season 18's "live" performances were so cringeworthy. Finally, rubbing salt in the wound, Todd Tilghman somehow won season 18 instead of Toneisha Harris or Thunderstorm Artis. Hence, I voted for 2020 as the worst year of The Voice. 🤮

• Like 1

I went for 2013 as the best year - the show was at the height of its popularity, both seasons had deserving winners (even if I preferred others in S4, I'm not gonna deny Danielle's consistency vocally and Tessanne is a queen in her own right), and both seasons spawned several memorable performances: 

• Judith and Sarah's blind auditions, Amber's Sad, Michelle's IKYWT, Danielle's Who I Am, and The Swon Brothers' Danny's Song from Season 4
  • Tessanne's I Have Nothing and BOTW, Jacquie's IPASOY and Stompa, Matthew's Hallelujah and Cosmic Love, Will's At Last and WIWYM, and James's A Case of You from Season 5 

Having two strong seasons in a year is unusual. 2017 was also a good year for the show but given Danielle's fared better post-show than either Chris or Chloe so far, I'm giving the edge to 2013.

As for weakest year, 2020 takes it - the shortening of live shows to 3 weeks, the drastic cuts that benefit none of the contestants, the return of team quotas for the finale, and we lost out on a more easily trackable way to gauge who the audience is responding to given no iTunes download or Apple Music streaming bonus (granted, for S18 I'll let it slide given COVID meant we were lucky to get a show at all, but S19's loss of data when we had studio recordings again was frustrating). While I'm thankful we got to have a show at all given an ongoing global health crisis, the quality drop is undeniable. I'm also not a fan of how predictable both winners were (and I actually enjoyed Todd and Carter's runs on the show) because that killed the last little bit of suspense for me personally.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

I can't imagine how anyone who suffered through S18 & 19 could pick anything else. 

I don't know what you're talking about. I really loved the shortened live shows (from 6 weeks to only 3! 🥳), the totally unnecessary overuse of the team quotas format, and the AMAZING special effects in S18's "live" performances lol 😜

just joking GIF

Edited by disney1024
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Spurrious said:

I can't imagine how anyone who lived through S4 & S5 could pick anything else. 

I can't imagine how anyone who suffered through S18 & 19 could pick anything else. 

I agree about the first part. I can't even think of any another year which could top 2013.

As for the second part I actually enjoyed 2020(Mainly because of S18) because since S12 it was the first time when my SNOWFLAKE won. 😅 And also overall both S18 and S19 had a very talented group of people.

• Haha 1