Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

8 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Idk it's also kind of disrespectful to Dee who isn't here to make any saves for himself

The only one I see on there that I know Dee loves is Gengar.  

I've stay away from nominating peoples favorites that I know about.  I also made the same offer to everyone early in the rankdown for safety trades and only a couple took me up on it.  Theres only so much people can do to ensure they aren't targetting other peoples favorites.  At the end of the day, rankdowns get messy.  Whatever retaliation comes, happens.  Its a game, if you don't like his nominations, or Stevens nominations, or whoevers nominations, make the necessary adjustments to your game going forward.  

At the end of the day, NGM had his reasons for his nominations and he did it under  the rules he was given.

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1

Dracozolt

Dracozolt Animation by embers-and-snow on DeviantArt

It's no secret that I dislike all the fossils from Gen VIII. Fossil Pokemon are usually some of my favorites, but this set disturbed me. Look how you can see the fleshy insides of Dracozolt between the tail part and the yellow part!!! That being said, Dracozolt is somehow the best of the worst, so I'm somewhat happy this is the highest ranked one of the bunch. Dracozolt is half Fossilized Bird and half Fossilized Drake. It's Electric Dragon type, which is a pretty cool combo. Same as Zekrom and Mega Ampharos. This set of fossils were the only ones who weren't stuck with Rock type, for better or for worse. It doesn't have a gender and doesn't evolve. Like I said in some other write-ups, I'm hoping for some DLC or something that lets us see what the actual full Fossilized Bird looks like. 

I explained all my reasons for why I don’t care for these pokemon/Gen I in the last rankdown but the tl;dr version:

- Find them overrated

- Not good competitively

- Never cared to use them in-game

- I never cared for the anime, so no nostalgia value/added value from that

- Dislike most trade evolutions

EDIT:

- Profound dislike for dragon type pokemon

Edited by NGM
  • Like 1

Just now, Solaris said:

NGM likes fairy type pokemon confirmed!

LOL

i also exposed my fave types in the last rankdown/my top faves since the endgame of that one wasn’t lost in the purge, so everyone can go check it out if they want inspiration ig

1 minute ago, NGM said:

LOL

i also exposed my fave types in the last rankdown/my top faves since the endgame of that one wasn’t lost in the purge, so everyone can go check it out if they want inspiration ig

I was making a joke ;( 

Alolan Muk

Alolan Muk | Wiki | Pokémon Amino

We're starting to run low on Alolan variations here, and I think we've narrowed it down to the better ones. I was never crazy about Alolan Muk. I find regular Muk to be preferable. The Alola design is, uh, interesting I guess. The rainbow oil idea doesn't come across to me. And the scary teeth!!! Not for me. Also the dark typing didn't really add much in terms of its concept. It's already a pile of sludge, and now it's a dark and scary pile of sludge? Compared to the other Alola variations this just seemed like a boring type change. But I guess it adds some psychic immunity, while also making it suddenly weak to fighting etc. I'm not aware of whether Alola Muk is great competitively... it seems like the type of Pokemon with decent stats and a decent movepool that you could MAKE work on a team if you really liked it, but who would really like this lol

47 minutes ago, Solaris said:

The only one I see on there that I know Dee loves is Gengar.  

38 minutes ago, NGM said:

I explained all my reasons for why I don’t care for these pokemon/Gen I in the last rankdown but the tl;dr version:

- Find them overrated

- Not good competitively

- Never cared to use them in-game

- I never cared for the anime, so no nostalgia value/added value from that

- Dislike most trade evolutions

EDIT:

- Profound dislike for dragon type pokemon

42189035_ScreenShot2021-01-12at12_07_57PM.jpg.b5744e82f96854a45e66bee6b66661d3.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Well, since Sola said (repeatedly) that he isn't using any Safari Balls this cycle, I'm going to X Speed one of his Safari Balls and use it on his money maker, Meowth.

but i need all 7 balls 😮 

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

@.Rei can i use multiple x speeds to steal multiple of someones balls for the cycle, only to not use them? 

Stealing my balls is silly when i need them for later rounds.

No. You have to use them if you X Speed them!