The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Rachel should've been paired with Raine and Zae with José. That way he could actually have a team full of decent vocalists, considering the fact that both José and Raine flopped in two rounds and neither deserved to be in the live shows. 😒

He didn’t pair Rachel and Raine because he was probably banking on Raine magically improving after her mega flop. Zae should have been paired with Keegan since both are pop with R&B influences. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There’s a better way to handle that...don’t answer the question. 

Besides, he learned his lesson and hasn't talked about contestants since. Better to learn it then than now, when the public now actually knows who he is. Back then, as far as the public was concerned (excluding IDF), he was just a normal Voice fan like any of us. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

He didn’t pair Rachel and Raine because he was probably banking on Raine magically improving after her mega flop. Zae should have been paired with Keegan since both are pop with R&B influences. 

If Zae was paired with Keegan and Rachel not with Raine, Rachel would've been paired with Dana. RIP Rachel in that situation lol 😂

• Haha 2

Just now, disney1024 said:

If Zae was paired with Keegan and Rachel not with Raine, Rachel would've been paired with Dana. RIP Rachel in that situation lol 😂

Zae/Keegan

Raine/Rachel

Dana/Jose

That would've been the ideal pairings.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 4

So, in retrospective,  as a whole:

Kelly has a huge threat- snowflake killer country male, a polished pop teen that could gain Minivan support, a pop/rock underdog slowly climbing his way up, and a once presumed pop frontrunner who´s now pretty much fodder on her team.

Blake has a strong R&B guy who by the looks could be his frontrunner, but there´s still two artists more on Minivan´s wheelhouse, a southern rock/blues one and a more rock/folk one. They are all viable options to move on. His indie pop steal is perhaps the least likely to do so.

John has a smooth R&B guy, two very strong soul ladies, and a pop indie steal. I supposed she is the second most likely to move on after the guy due to fascinating John.

Nick (pfff), has a strong soul lady who´s easily his strongest member, a folk/pop girl who´s climbed from underdog to contender to move on past the playoffs, and a pop and R&B/gospel guy who are both fodder.

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Nick (pfff), has a strong soul lady who´s easily his strongest member, a folk/pop girl who´s climbed from underdog to contender to move on past the playoffs, and a pop and R&B/gospel guy who are both fodder.

I gotta be honest: Part of me is wishing that we've been fed some misinformation à la S16 spoilers. There's no way Nick can be this dumb. 😅

Edited by disney1024
  • Haha 1

Regarding Kelly picking Zae for her save: A huge part of Kelly picking Cami last season (and why I wasn't THAT surprised that she did) was that Tanner and Madeline both flopped, while Cami had one of the best performances of the night. 

Gihanna and Corey seem less likely to flop, but we'll see. If they all give strong performances, I doubt Zae has a chance.

• Like 4

If its Kelly, I think Kenzie will close with a country ballad.

If its John, I think Victor will close with a power ballad.

If its Blake, I think Cam would close with a big Pop/RnB number

Nick won't close.