The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

I didn't realize how uneventful a lot of places in the Midwest can be. I almost feel bad for them lol 😂

I live a few miles from the Wisconsin border. It’s true! :giggle: We’ve had several contestants from Minnesota. Nobody here cares, tbh. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I live a few miles from the Wisconsin border. It’s true! :giggle: We’ve had several contestants from Minnesota. Nobody here cares, tbh. 

I suspect a big factor in gaining local support is how much local media is willing to cover it. I know both Chevel and Brynn got a lot of local media coverage, their local NBC stations would cover their progress on the show and they called in frequently (weekly for Brynn for sure) to their local radio station as well. People have to be aware it's happening for them to even have a chance at caring about it. Contestants from big west coast markets like L.A. are doubly screwed not only because the instant saves occur before the show airs locally, but also there's no way any L.A. media outlets will cover them and the outlets in their hometowns, if they live in a further flung suburb, don't have enough people listening, watching, or reading to make a significant impact.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Angelbright said:

Did y’all mention Zania sang Anita Baker in her blinds ? Since her song was undetermined. My guess is Sweet Love it fits her. 

This reminds me of Larriah’s beautiful studio of that song. 💖

Edited by Bk1234

I think Zae might be the classic 4 chair turn great audition that never reaches that level again. If nerves came so early in the game and continue to do so, I wouldnt be shocked if he becomes an early exit in the playoffs.

Rachel seems to be the contestant thas has made the biggest leap from blind to battle, but lets see if she manages to keep it up. I'm not sure she has the power to beat Dana, but she could make it farther than we think.

By the way, those who saw Zae's battle, how did Nick talk to him, did he seem impressed or nah?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

I suspect a big factor in gaining local support is how much local media is willing to cover it. I know both Chevel and Brynn got a lot of local media coverage, their local NBC stations would cover their progress on the show and they called in frequently (weekly for Brynn for sure) to their local radio station as well. People have to be aware it's happening for them to even have a chance at caring about it. Contestants from big west coast markets like L.A. are doubly screwed not only because the instant saves occur before the show airs locally, but also there's no way any L.A. media outlets will cover them and the outlets in their hometowns, if they live in a further flung suburb, don't have enough people listening, watching, or reading to make a significant impact.

I think in Markets that have larger populations, multiple pro sports teams, etc., they’re far less likely to care about a local Voice contestant. New Mexico doesn’t get much coverage for anything on the national scene, and here you have a charismatic teen representing them well, and the media coverage you mentioned, and it’s a perfect storm. The next contestant from that state probably won’t be able to replicate that. 

Fort Wayne, IN is a little different situation. They have pro sports a few hours away, but it’s sort of a forgotten city, with a population of 270K. The media coverage and support for Addison was very intense. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Apparently, Blake turned for Raine, so either she’s another four-chair turn or one of the coaches listed in the spoilers didn’t turn.

Yeah, probably Kelly was the one that didnt turn,  or she really was a 4 chair, which would make it more dissapointed if she flopped like that in battles.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Based off of source comments, Kenzie seems to be the only four-chair who did as good, if not better, than their audition. 

Yeah, the others (Avery, Anna, Zae, and Raine if she really was one) apparently didnt reach the level of theirs.

Instead, a lot of underdogs seem to have rised to the occasion (Corey, Ryleigh, Savanna W, Rachel, Pete, Connor). I also didn't expect Jordan to move on, but supposedly the coaches gave him good praise.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

Just now, Misirlou said:

Instead, a lot of underdogs seem to have rised to the occasion (Corey, Ryleigh, Savanna W, Rachel, Pete, Connor). I also didn't expect Jordan to move on, but supposedly the coaches gave him good praise.

I’d add Andrew to this list too.

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Based off of source comments, Kenzie seems to be the only four-chair who did as good, if not better, than their audition. 

It’s always difficult to live up to a great blind, because they have weeks to practice, and sometimes just knock it out of the park, then in subsequent rounds, their inconsistencies start to surface. I’ve watched enough Kenzie videos to know that he’s just that good. The only way to stop him is with bad song choices. 

• Like 4

Just now, TeamAudra said:

It’s always difficult to live up to a great blind, because they have weeks to practice, and sometimes just knock it out of the park, then in subsequent rounds, their inconsistencies start to surface. I’ve watched enough Kenzie videos to know that he’s just that good. The only way to stop him is with bad song choices. 

Exactly and I personally doubt that Kelly would let Kenzie get poor song choices. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2

Just now, Misirlou said:

Apparently he and his partner picked their battle song. If this is true, she might just let him do his thing, which may be a good sign.

That’s assuming he knows what the audiences likes, because Kelly does know. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Apparently he and his partner picked their battle song. If this is true, she might just let him do his thing, which may be a good sign.

Yeah, she did that with Brynn also, but I would think that Kenzie is more knowledgeable of what works and does not work for him.