The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol I don’t remeber them being highly praised though? I could be wrong. But from my sources comments neither seemed to have a breakout moment. I just remember them saying how emotional and connected both of them were.

LOL didn't Ryleigh got a triple steal afterwards? Isn't this just enough hype independently to what the sources have to say? I mean, if I have to vouch for kids or R&B males for sure you wouldn't get enough hype on my part. 

I was thinking about this the other day; a couple knockouts this season seem to have the same energy as ones in S18 for me:

- Ryleigh vs. Corey and Megan vs. Cam - super emotional performances from both, arguably going to be / was the best pairing of the season. 

- Gihanna vs. Anna and Zan vs. Joanna - each has two solid performances from indie/pop girls, with the more belt-y one winning the knockout.

- Rachel vs. Zae and Mandi vs. Thunderstorm - Very well-liked four chair turn let go for an artist they're "intrigued" by. [credit to FloorWax]

Honestly there's more to it but I can't really describe it? Idk lmao

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

I was thinking about this the other day; a couple knockouts this season seem to have the same energy as ones in S18 for me:

- Ryleigh vs. Corey and Megan vs. Cam - super emotional performances from both, arguably going to be / was the best pairing of the season. 

- Gihanna vs. Anna and Zan vs. Joanna - each has two solid performances from indie/pop girls, with the more belt-y one winning the knockout. Honestly there's more to it but I can't really describe it? Idk lmao

Dont  forget Dana V Keegan being like Cedrice and Toneisha

2 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

LOL didn't Ryleigh got a triple steal afterwards? Isn't this just enough hype independently to what the sources have to say? I mean, if I have to vouch for kids or R&B males for sure you wouldn't get enough hype on my part. 

My source commented that it wasn’t that good to warrant a triple steal.

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Ryleigh vs. Corey and Megan vs. Cam - super emotional performances from both, arguably going to be / was the best pairing of the season. 

Makes sense, but I don't want to go comparing them to Megan vs Camm because that's A LOT to live up to.

• Like 1

Just now, FloorWax said:

Makes sense, but I don't want to go comparing them to Megan vs Camm because that's A LOT to live up to.

It definitely is, but I don't mean this in terms of pure vocal prowess, but more in terms of the energy around it - both performances are deeply emotional / connected, which seems to be the main feedback.

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I was actually considering this, but I decided against it because I didn't have really any info on Keegan. That does make sense cause Dana and Toneisha both have what's likely their best pre-lives here, though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

- Gihanna vs. Anna and Zan vs. Joanna - each has two solid performances from indie/pop girls, with the more belt-y one winning the knockout. Honestly there's more to it but I can't really describe it? Idk lmao

Rachel vs. Zae and Mandi vs. Thunderstorm - Very well-liked four chair turn let go for an artist they're "intrigued" by.

• Like 1

Just now, FloorWax said:

Rachel vs. Zae and Mandi vs. Thunderstorm - Very well-liked four chair turn let go for an artist they're "intrigued" by.

ooh, i do get a similar vibe from these. zae even got t-storm comparisons at some point, didn't he? i guess that's irrelevant but definitely, i'll add that to my list

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Most overrated battle of the season. :ph34rwave:

You're not a Sid fan aren't you? I remember you calling his blind the "most overrated" of the season as well. That's not a problem, just noticed it.

• Haha 1

Honestly, I don't see myself agreeing with the souces a lot of the time, especially considering how much TPTB cut, over-produce or autotune some of the performances. I'll just wait and see. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Toneisha clearly won that KO, but it wasn´t a massacre per se, Cedrice held her own.

Dana vs Keegan is likely going to be like Kyla/Jaclyn and Rose/Destiny.

• Like 3

Just now, SNI2 said:

Honestly, I don't see myself agreeing with the souces a lot of the time, especially considering how much TPTB cut, over-produce or autotune some of the performances. Honestly, I'll just wait and see. 

Yeah, tbh I think Ryleigh and Corey will be very well-received. In fact, if I had to place a bet on which pairing would have the highest average ranking b/w the two, I might pick them, although I don't remember some of the pairings LMAO, and it's possible a very strong vs. mediocre knockout could take it.

Ryleigh’s song (I’m assuming she flipped it) doesn’t really give me “breakout moment” vibes.

Corey’s on the other hand... I think it’s a really smart choice, specially for the KOs. But we’ll see what happens.

1 minute ago, SNI2 said:

Honestly, I don't see myself agreeing with the souces a lot of the time, especially considering how much TPTB cut, over-produce or autotune some of the performances. I'll just wait and see. 

The biases and taste are important to take in account too. What may impress some people may be considered underwhelming by others. 

Other are clearly biased, like BK´s source clearly had something against Kenzie because they were an Avery fan, so it´s important to take the opinions with a grain of salt.

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

You're not a Sid fan aren't you? I remember you calling his blind the "most overrated" of the season as well. That's not a problem, just noticed it.

If 16th favorite of the season makes me a fan, then I’ll take it. :giggle: (his audition grew on me after the season.)

On 12/26/2020 at 8:45 AM, Bk1234 said:

#16. Sid Kingsley (Team Legend -> Team Kelly -> Team Blake)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Sid-Kingsley.jpg

Sid is the last battle steal and third Knockout steal to be ranked. This ranking is probably going to get the most backlash. Sid is someone who I felt deserved a four-chair turn. He showed some much intensity, power, and artistry in his audition. The fact that Kelly didn’t turn is questionable. Sid ended up choosing John, but luckily he got to work with more than just John during his run. Sid and Bailey delivered a great performance of “Tennessee Whiskey” in the Battles, and like I mentioned in Bailey’s write-up, I preferred Sid’s more intense approach to the song. Unfortunately, Sid lost his battle, but luckily Kelly was there to steal him. Sid delivered my favorite performance of his in the Knockouts. It was just such a powerful and intense performance. Sid lost his Knockout, but was stolen by Blake, meaning he got to experience a total of THREE coaches during his run. Sid delivered his most overrated performance in the Playoffs. The performance was just very monotonous, which brings me to my main issue with Sid: all his performances were powerful/intense, so he never showed off a softer side. Sid didn’t get PV, Blake’s save, or a chance to sing in the Instant Save, which caused some outrage here on IDF. I wasn’t upset, in fact I was rooting for either Taryn or Worth the Wait to sing in the Instant Save, and one of them did! :giggle: Sid also stopped by IDF one day, which was nice to see! Anyway, despite the backlash I might receive, I am content with my placement of Sid.

Clue: I guess this contestant wasn’t meant to go beyond the Playoffs (a reference to Sid’s Playoff song “Beyond,” and the fact that he didn’t make it past the Playoffs.)

Edited by Bk1234
  • Haha 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

The biases and taste are important to take in account too. What may impress some people may be considered underwhelming by others. 

Other are clearly biased, like BK´s source clearly had something against Kenzie because they were an Avery fan, so it´s important to take the opinions with a grain of salt.

That's exactly my point. I usually take the details of what souces inform, like "Coach X acted that way. Contestant Y said this. The song was Z". I don't pay attention to their judgement because it usually comes to personal taste and some of the details can be edited during production.