Semifinals Instant Save Performances (Who should have been a Finalist?)

Jyn Mycle

Before the start of season 19. I just want to ask your opinions on who should have been a finalist through the last instant save in each season. I will start with season 6 because season 5 have no performances for instant save.

Winners Bolded

My Pick Underlined

Season 6

Team Shakira

Kristen Merlin - "Blown Away"

Team Adam

Kat Perkins - "Good Girl"

Christina Grimmie - "Apologize"

Season 7 (Wildcard Save)

Team Blake

Reagan James - "Put Your Records On"

Jessie Pitts - "Zombie"

Team Gwen

Ryan Sill - "Marry Me"

Anita Antoinette - "Waiting on the World to Change"

Taylor John Williams - "Wicked Game"

Team Adam

Damien - "Grenade"

Team Pharrell

Sugar Joans - "Back to Black"

Luke Wade - "Have a Little Faith in Me"

DaNica Shirey - "Without You"

Season 8

Team Christina

India Carney - "Dark Side"

Team Pharrell

Koryn Hawthorne - "If I Were a Boy"

Season 9

Team Blake

Zach Seabaugh - "Live Like You Were Dying"

Team Pharrell

Madi Davis - "Don't Dream It's Over"

Team Gwen

Jeffery Austin - "Make It Rain"

Season 10

Team Blake

Mary Sarah - "Something in the Water"

Team Christina

Bryan Bautista - "Adorn"

Team Adam

Laith Al-Saadi - "All Along the Watchtower"

Season 11

Team Alicia

Christian Cuevas - "I Can't Make You Love Me"

Team Miley

Ali Caldwell - "Sledgehammer"

Team Adam

Josh Gallagher - "I Drive Your Truck"

Season 12

Team Gwen

Brennley Brown - "Warrior"

Hunter Plake - "Love Runs Out"

Team Adam

Jesse Larson - "Tennessee Whiskey"

Season 13

Team Blake

Red Marlow - "Dixieland Delight"

Team Adam

Adam Cunningham - "Here's a Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares)"

Team Jennifer 

Noah Mac - "Sign of the Times"

Season 14

Team Blake

Pryor Baird - "Soulshine"

Team Kelly

Kaleb Lee - "Simple Man"

Team Alicia

Britton Buchanan - "Dancing on My Own"

Season 15

Team Jennifer

MaKenzie Thomas - "Up to the Mountain"

Kennedy Holmes - "How Do I Live"

Team Adam

Reagan Strange - "Wherever You Will Go"

Season 16

Team Blake

Andrew Sevener - "Simple Man"

Team Kelly

Rod Stokes - "Brother"

Team John

Shawn Sounds - "That's What I Like"

Season 17

Team Kelly

Hello Sunday - "Chandelier"

Team Blake

Kat Hammock - "You've Got A Friend"

Team Gwen

Rose Short - "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman"

Season 18

Team Kelly

Megan Danielle - "Simple Man"

Team Nick

Allegra Miles - "In My Blood"

Team John

Zan Fiskum - "Always Remember Us This Way"

Team Blake

Joanna Serenko - "Unaware"

Toneisha Harris - "Lovin' You"

15 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Season 13

Team Blake

Red Marlow - "Dixieland Delight"

Team Adam

Adam Cunningham - "Here's a Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares)"

Team Jennifer 

Noah Mac - "Sign of the Times"

Season 14

Team Blake

Pryor Baird - "Soulshine"

Team Kelly

Kaleb Lee - "Simple Man"

Team Alicia

Britton Buchanan - "Dancing on My Own"

:thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Season 10

Team Blake

Mary Sarah - "Something in the Water"

Team Christina

Bryan Bautista - "Adorn"

Team Adam

Laith Al-Saadi - "All Along the Watchtower"

Season 11

Team Alicia

Christian Cuevas - "I Can't Make You Love Me"

Team Miley

Ali Caldwell - "Sledgehammer"

Team Adam

Josh Gallagher - "I Drive Your Truck"

Season 16

Team Blake

Andrew Sevener - "Simple Man"

Team Kelly

Rod Stokes - "Brother"

Team John

Shawn Sounds - "That's What I Like"

Season 18

Team Kelly

Megan Danielle - "Simple Man"

Team Nick

Allegra Miles - "In My Blood"

Team John

Zan Fiskum - "Always Remember Us This Way"

Team Blake

Joanna Serenko - "Unaware"

Toneisha Harris - "Lovin' You"

I think Toneisha, Andrew, Josh and Laith all deserved the win

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Season 6:

Kristen Merlin - Love Kat & Christina, but based on the fact that Kristen was *literally* robbed of her spot by producers, I've gotta give it to her.

Season 7:

Jessie Pitts - I remember most of these being bad so I just picked one lol. Damien definitely didn't deserve it though.

Season 8:

Koryn Hawthorne - It was so close, but I leaned towards her.

Season 9:

Jeffery Austin - I was on the fence between him and Madi. Ended up with him because I'm glad Gwen got some representation in the finale.

Season 10:

Laith Al-Saadi - VERY happy that he won this.

Season 11:

Ali Caldwell - Honestly, I didn't particularly care for Ali during her run, but the alternatives were so dreadful and she did very well here.

Season 12:

Hunter Plake - 'nuff said.

Season 13:

Noah Mac - WHY DIDN'T YOU TWEET WE COULD'VE HAD THE PERFECT FINALE

Season 14:

Britton Buchanan - Glad he kicked Pryor and Kaleb out. Overall a deserving pick.

Season 15:

Makenzie Thomas - I was 100% rooting for either Kennedy or Makenzie to take Reagan out, but I would've preferred Makenzie. Kennedy was solid and strong throughout her live run, but Makenzie bodied EVERY performance and the fact that she wasn't in the finale? Awful. Both Makenzie and Kennedy deserved a spot over Kirk and Chris.

Season 16:

Shawn Sounds - Not a great performance, but the circumstances here were awful.

Season 17:

Rose Short - /end

Season 18:

Zan Fiskum - Ok so I LOVED Toneisha and think her Lovin' You was fantastic, but without the team quotas, she would've been in the finale already and Zan would've ended up singing this and won. She NAILED it.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Season 18:

Zan Fiskum - Ok so I LOVED Toneisha and think her Lovin' You was fantastic, but without the team quotas, she would've been in the finale already and Zan would've ended up singing this and won. She NAILED it.

If there were no team quotas the top three would've been Todd/T-storm/Toneisha but I'm pretty sure in the IS Cammwess would've won(Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I think)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

If there were no team quotas the top three would've been Todd/T-storm/Toneisha but I'm pretty sure in the IS Cammwess would've won(Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I think)

I don't know tbh, Joanna and Allegra were still there though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, antikid said:

I think it if there was no Team Quota the three contestants who would've performed in the IS were Cammwess/Allegra/Micah and it would've been razor-thin close cz producers would have probably pimped Camm but Allegra and Micah also had a lot of support as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, antikid said:

It would've been a harder decision to predict without Toneisha, but imo Allegra fumbled hard and Joanna did pretty well. And it's true, if it weren't for all of the contestants being allowed in, I'm not sure Zan would've made it to the middle 3 (The Camila bus was an awful pick and I still don't know why they chose to bus her) - but I still between Zan, Megan, Allegra, and Joanna, Zan had the strongest performance.

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I'm not sure Zan would've made it to the middle 3 (The Camila bus was an awful pick and I still don't know why they chose to bus her)

This! It was obvious by that point that she wasn't catching on with the audience so she wasn't a threat for their chosen ones anyway. In Top 17 she killed it and CammWess did just decent and he still got the vote. The least they could've done is just let her do a song that she wanted and go out on a high note

Just now, antikid said:

This! It was obvious by that point that she wasn't catching on with the audience so she wasn't a threat for their chosen ones anyway. In Top 17 she killed it and CammWess did just decent and he still got the vote. The least they could've done is just let her do a song that she wanted and go out on a high note

And then they gave CammWess Rainbow, which is a FANTASTIC choice that he did okay with (Thingamajig outsold tho) - but it definitely wasn't closer-worthy. If she'd gotten ARUTW and CammWess wasn't the closer, I'm sure the vote would've been much closer regarding who got the finale spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

And then they gave CammWess Rainbow, which is a FANTASTIC choice that he did okay with (Thingamajig outsold tho) - but it definitely wasn't closer-worthy. If she'd gotten ARUTW and CammWess wasn't the closer, I'm sure the vote would've been much closer regarding who got the finale spot.

plus he flopped hard on Purple Rain, Zan was deserving 😭

dream finale (even though this isn't on topic but it has to be said):

thunderstorm 

megan

zan

joanna

toneisha

allegra

honestly yeah, allegra didnt do great in her IS, although im kinda annoyed cause she was supposed to do River during the T9 and they couldn't get that in time, and so they literally made her learn Overjoyed overnight, and then perform it first thing in the morning :|. I have no doubt Tstorm would have beat her anyway, but Overjoyed just wasn't a good song for her and the tremendous amount of pressure they put on her (she had to film first) makes me surprised that her performance was not worse.

26 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

plus he flopped hard on Purple Rain, Zan was deserving 😭

dream finale (even though this isn't on topic but it has to be said):

thunderstorm 

megan

zan

joanna

toneisha

allegra

honestly yeah, allegra didnt do great in her IS, although im kinda annoyed cause she was supposed to do River during the T9 and they couldn't get that in time, and so they literally made her learn Overjoyed overnight, and then perform it first thing in the morning :|. I have no doubt Tstorm would have beat her anyway, but Overjoyed just wasn't a good song for her and the tremendous amount of pressure they put on her (she had to film first) makes me surprised that her performance was not worse.

Megan was really robbed, I think her KO and T9 performance was one of the bests of S18

• Like 3

Just now, VoiceFan! said:

Megan was really robbed, I think her KO and T9 performance was one of the bests of S18

for sure her KO was amazing. i think a lot of people didn't like her BA or T17/T9 because the original song was too big (correct me if im wrong), but I absolutely loved her on those songs. she wasn't my all-time favorite snowflake that season (allegra), but she was very consistent and definitely have several amazing performances. she deserved the finale above boring-alt-pop-bland-robbed-Taylor-undeserving Micah and i WILL stay mad about it 😠

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, antikid said:

If the ones in the instant save would have been the Middle 3, Joanna would have been instantly eliminated without a chance to sing. She was in the dead spot in the Semifinal with a terrible song choice. Let's be real, she would've had no chance. At least with the format we got, we were able to hear her sing again with an actually good song choice. 

Allegra, on the other hand, i think she would've had an actual possibility to win the Instant Save, but since the vote was not on Twitter anymore since Season 17, she couldn't have relied on her social media numbers, and would have struggled to beat both CamWess and even Micah. 

6 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

This, i can't believe people prefered that generic pretty boy Micah over her. I mean, Megan would have probably got only 5th place too, but at least i'm pretty sure she would've had more interesting performances than the three generic and boring performances (Yeah, not even Kelly could save him from flopping in the duet) that Micah gave to us. (At least CamWess took and actual risk with a big song like "Purple Rain". Micah, on the other hand, sang a simple song like "Chasing Cars" and still sounded flat 🤮)

• Like 2

Just now, Daillon said:

Micah was generic af, but so was Megan and the former is a much better vocalist imo. Megan was by far (imo) the worst of the Top 9 last season.

i really liked her tone, that's probably what set her apart for me. on pure vocal ability, she wasn't super impressive, but that wasn't why i liked her. we all have different preferences though!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

for sure her KO was amazing. i think a lot of people didn't like her BA or T17/T9 because the original song was too big (correct me if im wrong), but I absolutely loved her on those songs. she wasn't my all-time favorite snowflake that season (allegra), but she was very consistent and definitely have several amazing performances. she deserved the finale above boring-alt-pop-bland-robbed-Taylor-undeserving Micah and i WILL stay mad about it 😠

I honestly thought that FB was going to be onboard with Megan over Micah. Looking at the views and likes, she never seem to grab the attention that I expected after "Piece By Piece."

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Gmm99 said:

I honestly thought that FB was going to be onboard with Megan over Micah. Looking at the views and likes, she never seem to grab the attention that I expected after "Piece By Piece."

sad that fb preferred the boring white guy, but should i have expected anything else? :ph34rwave:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Gotta agree. I didn't like her audition, but her battle was great and she peaked with Piece By Piece - none of her performances after that did anything for me.

• Like 2