The Ultimate American Idol Redux (SEASONS 10-12 RESULTS POSTED!)

Bk1234

Admittedly, there were a few I was surprised who made it through (S6 being the main one), but after going back and looking at the performances, it made sense as to why they did. It certainly makes things interesting, especially when it comes to the wildcards. 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Admittedly, there were a few I was surprised who made it through (S6 being the main one), but after going back and looking at the performances, it made sense as to why they did. It certainly makes things interesting, especially when it comes to the wildcards. 🙂

Yeah, I still don’t know who I’ll pick for the wildcard, since all the groups haven’t performed yet, but I have a couple people floating around in my head. 😄

7 hours ago, JC said:

C-Rich was robbed, but generally happy since my other faves got through. Lots of fodder to cut for the next round though 🔪

That’s ok. Maybe you can bring C-Rich back for the wildcard round. We’ll just have to wait and see... 🤔

18 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

That’s ok. Maybe you can bring C-Rich back for the wildcard round. We’ll just have to wait and see... 🤔

Yes we will!

Just sent all my comments, done with 7-9!!!

• Thanks 1

Season 7 Show ANNOUNCEMENT

The first Season 7 show will begin on Tuesday, August 18, at 4pm EST. 

Details

• All 12 Season 7 finalists will perform for your votes. 
  • All voting methods for Season 7 will open at 9pm EST, and close at 9pm EST the following day.
  • Your votes will decide the four Season 7 finalists that will automatically advance to the next round (Top 76). 
  • If your favorite isn't one of the top four vote-getters, don't worry, they still have the chance to be one of the judges' wildcard picks. 

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @Crisis @kenboy123 @randomgirl @taylorkat @Leekleekington @DorisAnn @SwimmerStud87

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

Welcome to the Very First Season 7 Show!

The contestants in this group have all worked very hard to prepare performances for your votes. Your votes will decide the top four vote-getters, who will be automatically safe. The remaining contestants have a chance to be saved by the judges' wildcard, which will happen after every group has performed. 

Here to judge and mentor the contestants are the lovely judges: @JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop and @Bk1234!

All Season 7 Voting Will Open at 9pm EST

Contestant numbers will be shown after they perform! (More voting details in the main post.)

I hope you enjoy the show! 🙂

Kicking off the Season 7 show is the first of three Davids from this group... 

David Archuleta

Song: Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Archie, send me a PM with the number 701. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: Well, we all know you have the voice of an angel. Your voice is spectacular and you did a great job singing this song, but I would not say that this is your very best, I could definitely see you doing even better and having a better moment. That being said, you sang this really well and it was a great way to kick off the show! You totes look like a teenage heartthrob!

A-Kid: Well your voice actually has a nice tone quality in it, kind of a sweet and beautiful voice. However, I think this performance was just OK for me, nothing special or whatsoever, some of pitch issues, maybe the arrangement of the song or the song itself was not right for you? IDK. But I really liked your overall package, you've already got the looks and the voice.

thevoiceisthetop: Something about your voice just seems off but I think you did good with this choice. 

Bk1234: This was a nice way to start the show, David! I thought you gave a good performance, but I feel that there are other songs out there that can show off your calming tone much better than this one did. At times, this performance felt a bit rushed, and I felt that it didn’t allow us to see your full vocal capabilities. If you make it to the next round, work on picking songs that allow us to see the full expanse of your voice. 

The next contestant broke their ribs in a car crash prior to performing during Hollywood Week... 

Amanda Overmyer

Song: Back in the U.S.S.R. (The Beatles)

Voting Details: Amanda’s PM voting number is 702. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: You totes look like you could kick myI6tgUXzjNSmq0T2Gnv4JgJIE_v1G4F-ZeZ0jfKqq_QSUrXUckoKww7Lzid0PFHkWB8TgRDf-XM4gVlAping14TnH7pkz8K7uoSxKQyCrtMhD1BM2XUiIdzo_Iv7v6Wzygw8BaReBso I'm gonna watch what I say. And then you're talking about Mother Russia, I am shooketh LOL. This was cute and you have quite a raspy rocker voice. It was not my cup of tea and I think you will need to raise your standard to compete with the rest, but good luck to you. Also the skunk in your head was interesting.

drag race choices GIF by Rupauls Drag Race All Stars

A-Kid: I'm sorry but that was BAD, like real bad. Ever since the start you were off-key. You sounded like doing a bad karaoke or something. You've atleast got the angst of a rocker and the stage presence, but the voice? Meh for this performance. I love your confidence though 😂

thevoiceisthetop: Your stage presence is great but I just felt like I was getting screamed at so if you move on, I want to hear a ballad from you.

Bk1234: Well that was a very entertaining performance, Amanda! You really didn’t do much wrong in that performance, your stage presence was great, your vocals were good, but the thing is that when the stakes are this high, you need to deliver something more! This performance for me lacked any varying dynamics or vocal techniques, so it unfortunately started to get a bit monotonous. 

Edited by Bk1234

Up next is a cheerful contestant from Miami, Florida... 

Syesha Mercado

Song: Fever (Little Willie John)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Syesha, send me a PM with the number 703. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: Oooh I do not remember this hairstyle on you, love it, I think you need to give some tips to Miss Overmyer. You have a really pretty voice, you had a few iffy moments, but overall this was really nice. I wish you would have made some more innovative choices to make you stand out more as it was a bit boring and safe.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* Honey that was like the sexiest yet a really good version of the song I've heard of. You hitted the notes correctly. You're so chill and relaxed but can belt like that? What a talent you have Syesha. I do think that there are ways you can do more.

thevoiceisthetop: DAMN that was sexy as hell and you had a really good choice for you so I hope you make top 4. 

Bk1234: Stunning Syesha! Absolutely stunning! I can honestly find nothing to critique here. You looked beautiful, you sounded fantastic, used sick vocal techniques that only a skilled vocalist could pull off, and I am a sucker for orchestral arrangements! What I also really love is that you added your own flavor to the song. You included a chair in the center as well as “interesting” poses that were unique to this performance! Overall, this is the new standard for every contestant in this group. The American Authors song says “Go Big or Go Home,’ and Syesha, you definitely went big!

The next contestant to perform has a big voice wrapped up in a tiny body... 

Ramiele Malubay

Song: Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) (Phil Collins)

Voting Details: Ramiele’s PM voting number is 704. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: Yeah you are adorable and cute, but this was definitely not you at your best. This was a bit boring and karaoke, I am not jumping out of my chair, so you need to pick it up as well, especially against the talented men of this season. Also, do you have a skunk on your head a well, who is in charge of the hair styling? Fire them all! Except Syesha's.

A-Kid: Well Ramiele you actually already have the voice, you've got a really massive range in such a cute tiny body. But, besides your range, there's nothing that I'm impressed about you honestly. I lack connection in you, emotionally, when you perform. I also lack that stage presence. You cannot just go here only with your voice, you need to step it up. You have also some notes that weren't quite hitted. I think you still need more experience, it is visibly showing that you lacked because of this performance.

thevoiceisthetop: Wow you have a great range but I felt so bored like it seemed like you didn't feel the emotion in the song. 

Bk1234: Wow, Ramiele, there is such a surprise factor that comes with you! You come out with your small body and then wow everyone in that room with how strong of a voice you have! While it was a little pitchy at times, I felt that you really gave it your all up there and sang a very difficult song, very well! Definitely the best version I have heard in this competition so far! 

Next to perform is a contestant who had never seen an R-rated movie before Idol... 

Brooke White

Song: You’ve Got a Friend (Carole King)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Brooke, send me a PM with the number 705. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: Alright, after that, you definitely do not have a friend in me. This was so lackluster and boring. I literally nodded off three times. Girl, you need to change the arrangement around on a song like that because we are in 2020, not 1920. Your voice was really flat and just not impressive overall, you'll need to pick it up to compete with this season of male dominance.

A-Kid: I love your tone, it is like a folksy and indie type, it so pleasing to my ears. It being a laidback performance was not the problem for me, the problem for me is some of your pitch issues that I heard. I've also heard better versions than this, I wish you could've picked a different song choice that'll showcase the beauty of your voice more.

thevoiceisthetop: You have a nice folksy voice and it was very laid back but I really loved it.

Bk1234: Ok, forget about the few pitch issues, this performance was so genuine and real! I felt every word you were saying and the cry in your voice definitely contributed to that! I think you have illustrated the true goal of any artist, and that is to make people feel something. Let’s just say Brooke, you did that perfectly! 

Next up is the first American Idol contestant to play an instrument during a live show... 

Jason Castro

Song: Michelle (The Beatles)

Voting Details: Jason’s PM voting number is 706. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!