The Ultimate American Idol Redux (SEASONS 10-12 RESULTS POSTED!)

Bk1234

Welcome to the Very First Season 6 Show!

The contestants in this group have all worked very hard to prepare performances for your votes. Your votes will decide the top four vote-getters, who will be automatically safe. The remaining contestants have a chance to be saved by the judges' wildcard, which will happen after every group has performed. 

Here to judge and mentor the contestants are the lovely judges: @JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop and @Bk1234!

All Season 6 Voting Will Open at 9pm EST

Contestant numbers will be shown after they perform! (More voting details in the main post.)

I hope you enjoy the show! 🙂

Kicking off the first Season 6 show is a contestant who participated in and won many smaller competitions before auditioning for American Idol... 

Jordin Sparks

Song: She Works Hard for the Money (Donna Summer)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Jordin, send me a PM with the number 601. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: Girl, you have star power and a powerful voice. Your singing is effortless yet so good. I enjoyed this performance, but I think we have not seen the best of you. Nice way to start off the show!

A-Kid: I really love this performance, this is a really hard song to sing, you've gotta have a great amount of breath control to do it, and you did it! I also love that inner young diva in you, can see so much potential in there. Just be careful on not trying to sound anybody if you move forward, just be Jordin.

thevoiceisthetop: Your singing was so effortless but you showed your emotion and some personality and I will be seeing you in the top 76.

Bk1234: This was a nice way to start the show Jordin, but I will admit, that it didn’t really blow me away. Your voice is pretty, but the vocals were just so average. It started to get a little better when you started hitting those high notes, but otherwise, it was a very average performance that may or may not be enough to make it through, depending on everyone else’s performances.

This contestant used to be interested in gymnastics before they discovered their passion for music... 

Haley Scarnato

Song: It’s All Coming Back to Me Now (Pandora’s Box)

Voting Details: Haley’s PM voting number 602. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: Yeesh, this had some very iffy parts, and was pretty all over the place, especially in the beginning. It got a little more in tune in the middle, but there was nothing special about this. The karaoke bar is all coming back to me now.

A-Kid: Well you really did well tonight, singing a Celine Dion song requires so much power and control. You got the latter part, you really did well on controlling your vocals, but I was lacking for the power behind the high notes, it was lacking, kind of a "thin" note for me. I also wanted more emotional connection from you tonight, it felt like a karaoke-ish performance honestly.

thevoiceisthetop: *standing ovation* I loved this performance and I know you will make the top 4.

Bk1234: Before I start my critique, I just want to say that you look stunning tonight! Anyway, it was just another average performance Haley. The vocals were just ok, with a couple pitch issues here and there. You also for some reason had trouble finishing your words during the performance. This made it seem like the performance was rushed, which is never a good thing.

This next contestant is the first of two contestants in this group who served as professional back-up singers... 

Brandon Rogers

Song: You Can’t Hurry Love (The Supremes)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Brandon, send me a PM with the number 603. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: Oh man, I thought we were going to start having better nights after Season 5, but I feel like we have reverted back to the horrendous singing in Seasons 1 and 4. Like literally I could sing this better in a karaoke bar with no band, backup singers, or acoustics. And then you forgot the lyrics after I thought you could not get any more horrible. Bye boy, just bye. I literally forgot you existed anyway.

A-Kid: Sorry but that was just really bad, like real bad, I don't mean to be rude, but it is what it is. This song is really not for you, your voice cracked few times, and that cheesy moves were hard to watch. It's a shame because your voice itself is actually good, but this song was too big of a song for your voice. Yikes.

thevoiceisthetop: This was so bad because ur pitchy, forgot the lyrics and it was so cheesy. 

Bk1234: Ok, so this performance wasn’t average, it was terrible! The dancing was horrendous, your voice cracked multiple times, and there was an awkward pause in the performance, which was either because the arrangement sucked or you forgot the lyrics. Personally, I would prefer not to know the answer to that one. Sorry, Brandon, but this was definitely the worst performance of the night so far... 

The next contestant to perform competed in the talent show “It’s Showtime at the Apollo”...

Stephanie Edwards

Song: How Come You Don’t Call Me (Alicia Keys)

Voting Details: Stephanie’s PM voting number is 604. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: I forgot you existed too. I think you are not as bad as the guy before you, but unfortunately for you, I think you are more boring and forgettable. At least I will remember him for being horrendous, I think I will not remember you at the end of the night, just like I forgot you existed before this performance.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* Oh my sweet lord what a performance Stephanie! That was such a badass and stunning performance, I love how you went down on your knees and just prove to us why you deserve to move forward. You are a superstar, I love everything about you! For the first time I really can't say anything negative, you sang the heck out of that difficult Prince song. That was easily one of the best performance so far on this show.

thevoiceisthetop: I loved this performance from you. I think you did everything right.

Bk1234: I thought I would never sail away from average/terrible island, but Stephanie, you brought me back home! You SLAYED that song! You showed the attitude necessary, you hit those high notes, and you did that crazy run at the end perfectly! Definitely the best performance of the night so far. 

Next up is a contestant who had to pass the General Educational Development Test in order to leave high school early and focus on music... 

Sanjaya Malakar

Song: Bathwater (No Doubt)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Sanjaya, send me a PM with the number 605. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: I think you are trying to go for some kind of hippie vibe, but like I really do not understand the dead squirrel in your hair. This was just so strange that I am not even sure I could say it was horrible. The singing level just does not belong on this stage, but obviously, you do not have the vocal talent to do any better. You are just a novelty act.

A-Kid: Well I am really not expecting for you to have such a good voice, you have this rich tone and a really controlled voice, you had so much control on this performance all throughout, and you did had fun. I was expecting more of a fight from you though, with only 4 advancing on this batch, I am still unsure of your fate.

thevoiceisthetop: Your a joke. I rather go watch karaoke than listen to you and you are so bad.

Bk1234: Wow, Sanjaya, thanks for bringing me back to average island. The vocals were the definition of bland. I’m pretty sure the only thing that kept me interested was your hair, which was bobbing to the beat! I’m not going to say you don’t have a shot at making it through, because tonight has been filled with many other average performances... 

Next up is the second of two contestants who used to be professional back-up vocalists... 

Melinda Doolittle

Song: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart? (The Bee Gees)

Voting Details: Melinda’s PM voting number is 506. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant, but please keep it to one conversation!

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: You definitely have great vocal talent but I was pretty bored throughout. You are going to need a more contemporary song. I feel like you would appeal to my grandparents, but I just wanted to fall asleep. You are a great singer though.

A-Kid: Melinda what a powerhouse performance! I love how you put so much soul into this performance, those runs that you made were effortless, especially the one that you did at the end, smart move to not go for the higher note, as I've felt you may falter on that. I do however felt like you were drowned by the band on some parts, cannot hear your voice that much.

thevoiceisthetop: You have a great range but try to pick something more recent like Alicia Keys or Beyonce.

Bk1234: Ok, I can tell that this is going to be an on and off night... You demonstrated amazing vocal control during that performance, Melinda! I liked that your performance had a build-up that left me eager to get the climax. You more than delivered my expectations at the end. You are a world-class vocalist, Melinda, and I hope IDF realizes that too! 

Edited by Bk1234

The next to perform is a contestant who was the frontman and guitarist of his band... 

Chris Sligh

Song: She’s Not There (The Zombies)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Chris Sligh, send me a PM with the number 607. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: This was not good, not terrible. It was just there. Another one I won't remember at the end of the night. And another guy I would like to run a shaver through his hair while he is sleeping.

A-Kid: You certainly can sing Chris, you have that interesting rasp on your tone that I really like, I was not expecting for a voice like that to come out from you, kind of expecting you have a deeper voice or something, but yeah it was a surprise. I also love how you enjoyed yourself on that stage, I was entertained too! I do however felt like I was missing some power on your belting parts, it was sometimes in a border of going off key and staying on note.

thevoiceisthetop: You were very boring and pitchy. 

Bk1234: Your performance started off pretty well. I think you showed off your tone well, and I love how you directly interacted with the audience. However, as the performance progressed it started to become more and more karaoke. If you make it to the next round, please focus on showing off your amazing tone. 

The next contestant’s five year old daughter encouraged them to audition for Idol... 

LaKisha Jones

Song: Run to Me (The Bee Gees)

Voting Details: LaKisha’s PM voting number is 608. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: This immediately grabbed my attention in the beginning, I really like this song. I think it was a great song choice for you, you had great levels and really pulled off the powerful voice. I think you could teach Melinda a thing or two. The last note was a bit blech though.

A-Kid: Well that was certainly a performance LaKisha, I really love your soulful voice, the problem you're facing right now is 2 things, one is that your last high note was a fail as your voice cracked, second is that I think Melinda and Stephanie who were kind of in a same lane with you had a better performance. However, I really liked your take off part when you started belting, you were on point on that one. Overall, I really liked your performance besides of the last part.

thevoiceisthetop: *standing ovation* You have an amazing range and your going to make it far and be in the top 4. 

Bk1234: This wasn’t great, LaKisha. It was very pitchy throughout the entire performance, your voice cracked near the end, and you couldn’t even hold out the end note. You, Jordin, Stephanie, and Melinda are all in the same category of singers and compared to the other three, you easily did the worst. Sorry LaKisha, but you may have just shot yourself in the foot with this one..

The next contestant is one who was born in Belgium... 

Chris Richardson 

Song: Mayberry (Rascal Flatts)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Chris Richardson, send me a PM with the number 609. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: I think I am in love ❤️ You gave me Justin Timberlake vibes and tingles all over. I could look at you all day, you are just so cute and sexy at the same time. Your voice is just so smooth and beautiful, this was not a perfect performance, but overall, your entertainment factor and soulful voice just screams star power through and through. You better make top 4 or there will be hell to pay!

A-Kid: I'm sorry but that was a really underwhelming and bad performance, you had a lot of off moments on that performance, you can definitely sing but your voice was nothing out of ordinary if I'm being honest. You had fun on that stage, maybe too much fun, your vocals were inconsistent all throughout.

thevoiceisthetop: I hated this because it was nasal and ur voice just isn't that good and strong.

Bk1234: Your voice is very nice to listen to when it is on pitch. Unfortunately, you were pitchy for the majority of the song. This performance is pretty much what you would hear in a typical karaoke bar. To sum it up, it wasn’t great. At least you look like you enjoyed yourself up there! Also, if IDF is as obsessed with you as @JC is, then I doubt you’ll have any trouble in the votes…

Next to perform is a contestant who discovered their love for beatboxing at the age of 17... 

Blake Lewis

Song: Lovesng (The Cure)

Voting Details: Blake’s PM voting number is 610. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: You look like Travis Wall. The beginning of this was unbearably boring. There were definitely some pitch issues that continued pretty much through the entire performance. I do enjoy the song choice because my bb Justin Timberlake is the king, but I do not think you did that song justice unfortunately.

A-Kid: You have a tender and authentic voice Blake, which suited well in your arrangement of this song, I love the tender moments of it. However, I have find this performance a bit too boring? Like it was same all throughout, I was expecting for a take off or something. You can also be a bit indulgent at times. The important thing though is that you did what you can do, but I was not excited about it.

thevoiceisthetop: I think you def have pitch issues but you did your best but I don't think you will make the top 4. 

Bk1234: This was the best performance out of the guys, Blake! However, considering how poorly the guys have done, this isn’t much of a compliment. You never really took-off with this song. It kind of just stayed put for the whole duration of the performance. It wasn’t that exciting, and I’m worried that it didn’t catch the voting public’s attention either. 

Edited by Bk1234

Next to perform is a contestant who missed the birth of their daughter because they had to audition for Idol... 

Phil Stacey

Song: I Could Not Ask for More (Edwin McCain)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Phil, send me a PM with the number 611. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: Your head is giving me overgrown baby vibes. I feel like I am in a Rugrats episode. The beginning of this was pretty terrible, but then you hit the middle, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by your slaying of the chorus on. I did have to close my eyes and not look at your giant forehead, but I was impressed by the vocals!

A-Kid: Well that opening was kind of messy, something was wrong, to which is why I thought this would be a disaster, but when you started reaching for the notes on the chorus, that's where you start opening up and be more comfortable on your performance. I do however felt like for me, the start just affected the whole performance for me, it was just an ordinary performance for me.

thevoiceisthetop: You got way better near the end and it really showed improvement.

Bk1234: I stand corrected, this was definitely the best performance for the guys. You have such a smooth voice that was highlighted quite well in this performance. I liked that there was some sort of dynamic progression in your performance, unlike in the majority of the other guys’ performances. Overall, nice job Phil for proving to me that the guys in this group could give a good performance!