The Ultimate American Idol Redux (SEASONS 10-12 RESULTS POSTED!)

Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: You have such a beautiful face and of course you have to ruin it with those ridiculous dreads. Someone literally needs to run a shaver through your head when you are asleep. You have a good voice, but this performance was boring. You should be able to deliver a much better performance than that. This song choice was horrendous and did not show off your talents at all, you'll need to really focus on song choice if you somehow move on.

A-Kid: That was another bad performance for tonight. Jason, you've got this sexy and manly voice, but it is just it. I've heard a couple of off-key moments from you, I really don't think this was enough for me. You should know your voice more and who you really are as an artist.

thevoiceisthetop: This wasn't bad but I suggest you try to move around more while on the stage so your not so stiff on stage.

Bk1234: I love everything about you, Jason! You have such a distinct look, and I surprisingly love your carefree, chill attitude. While I usually don’t like to see such a carefree, relaxed performance in a competition like this, I think it worked for you perfectly. There was a certain clumsiness about your performance that I fell in love with! Overall, this performance showed me “Jason,” and that is what I love! 

Performing next is the esteemed American Idol prophet... 

Kristy Lee Cook

Song: You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away (The Beatles)

Voting Details: Don’t hide your love for Kristy! If you want to vote for her, send me a PM with the number 707. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: OUR PROPHET! This performance was also boring. I feel like this season has a lot of good talent, but all of you are literally putting me to sleep. You need something more uptempo and move around and dance using up all the stage. This song choice does not show off your assets and I am disappointed in you. You are going to lose your sibling rivalry against your brother, David. As in David Cook, in case anyone did not understand that since there are three Davids this season because casting thought it'd be a good joke.

A-Kid: Ugh, another terrible performance. Kristy, you've got this really lovely country tone, but this song did not do any justice to it. There were some sour notes that I really did not like, this song requires simplicity, and you doing extras and something did not do it justice. You should've kept it more simple, maybe in that way, I could've connected with you more.

thevoiceisthetop: This was a decent song choice because I felt it was kinda pitchy and you were kinda screaming through the song.

Bk1234: I really do like you Kristy, I mean, you look stunning tonight, but I am afraid that you might be in some serious trouble after this... While this song must have looked good on paper, the execution just wasn’t great. It was extremely pitchy throughout the whole thing and I really didn’t feel anything during the performance. If you make it to the next round, you have a lot to work on, so take our critiques to heart! 

Performing next is the second of three Davids in this group..

David Hernandez

Song: It’s All Coming Back to Me Now (Pandora’s Box)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for David Hernandez, send me a PM with the number 708. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: MY STAR! Your voice is gorgeous and you are a beauty! I see you on Broadway slaying every stage you are on. You are an ultimate KING and QUEEN. I am OBSESSED with your voice and stage presence. I would love some nights of endless pleasure with you ❤️ You better make the next round!!!

A-Kid: Well finally a decent if not good performance! This is the first time I've heard this song sung by a man, and I really liked it. The way how you handled this Celine song is really good, I love how you hit the high notes without going off pitch. I lack connection though, this is like a begging song and I can't feel it, it's like you were just singing to impress not to express.

thevoiceisthetop: I liked your range but I felt nothing and it just felt hollow and not a great song choice for you.

Bk1234: Ok, so Haley Scarnato actually sang this song during Season 6 night, and while I usually don’t like to compare, hers was leagues better. This performance just seemed to lack everything that makes you unique. The vocals weren’t that great and the arrangement came across as a sloppy, disorganized mess! Every contestant needs to be able to make their mark on their song, and you unfortunately failed in that department...

Next up is a contestant who was born in Ireland... 

Carly Smithson

Song: Blackbird (The Beatles)

Voting Details: Carly’s PM voting number is 709. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: Hmm, I think this was a good song choice for you. However, there were definitely some iffy pitch issues at points. Unlike Syesha, I think you took more chances and did make the song more interesting with your choice so congrats on that. But I was not blown away or excited by this.

A-Kid: What a good performance finally! I really love your tone Carly, so deep and mature. I also love this song, and you did well on giving it a justice. I love how simple this performance is, it maintained the essence of the song. I am excited to hear more from ya.

thevoiceisthetop: I love your voice and your range and I have nothing bad to say about it.

Bk1234: This was a solid performance, Carly. I thought that the vocals needed some improvement, but I love that I actually felt something from your performance! If you make it to the next round, polish up on your vocals, especially in your lower register, and then blow us all away!

Performing next is a contestant who was born in Australia... 

Michael Johns

Song: Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Michael, send me a PM with the number 710. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: You have a nice voice and I thought this was a decent performance. I also think you have a nice face and could use a decent haircut and makeover. The back of your head is starting to look like a mullet and that is just unacceptable. You could use some more innovative choices like Carly next time to try and create a moment for yourself.

A-Kid: I don't know but I actually like this performance, there were couple of pitch issues, but I just love your voice, and this song. When you are starting to reach for the note on "you can go your own way", at start it was really uncertain for me, but you are actually hitting the end of those notes. You've got a nice rocker voice, just fix on your voice technically, make it more smooth and clean.

thevoiceisthetop: You have a great rock voice and to me your voice kinda sounded grating but I think it works well for you.

Bk1234: This wasn’t great, and it really pains me to say this because I love the grit in your voice... You had a really hard time with some of those higher notes, and it’s not just like it was one time, it was nearly every time you went up to your higher register. If you survive to next round, you need to pick a slower song that really shows off your nice, gritty voice. If you can’t hit those higher notes, don’t go there, your gritty voice alone is enough.

Performing next is a contestant who was surprised to have made the finals of American Idol... 

Chikezie

Song: If Only for One Night (Luther Vandross)

Voting Details: Chikezie’s PM voting number is 711. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: Okay, I am not a huge fan of you because I am a superficial queen, I must admit and you just do not have the looks as the rest of the cast this season. However, your voice is smooth as butter, and I am impressed with this performance, so perhaps you could sneak in, I'm not sure. You were sharp in a few places and there were some pitch issues, but your voice is stellar.

A-Kid: I honestly love your tone Chikezie, it is so manly and smooth and soulful. I love that growl that you did at the near end. It was technically not perfect, but I really felt a connection on your performance, and it was miles better than most of that performed tonight.

thevoiceisthetop: Wow you have a great range but it was kinda boring so I would add more of your personality to it.

Bk1234: Very nice job, Chikezie! What I love the most about this performance is that it showed IDF what Chikezie can offer, and that is a wonderful thing! You made your mark on that song, and while one falsetto placement was a little questionable, the vocals were great too! 

Closing the show is the last of the three Davids in this group... 

David Cook

Song: Always Be My Baby (Mariah Carey)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for David Cook, send me a PM with the number 712. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant, but please keep it to one conversation!

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: To me, your performance definitely has many moments where the breath is very strange and lots of pitch issues. However, there is no way to deny your recording voice potential. Once you go into the full rocker mode, that is your bread and butter and that is when you shine. However, now you need to work on the other parts and tighten up those areas because honestly the beginning of the performance was weak. Oh and since I am such a hair expert, you also need a haircut because you look like a female tennis player from the 1970s.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* MR. COOK WHAT A PERFORMANCE?! That was really good David, never heard that song sung by a male and that good?! Seriously you are born to do this. It was dark and hauntingly good cover of that song, I honestly loved that arrangement more than Mariah's, which is the original. This is the BEST performance for me so far, there is a too prolonged note at the end but I don't care. I love you and this performance, I'll be rooting for you! You OWNED and ROCKED the stage tonight.

thevoiceisthetop: I love how you made this song your own and it was one of the best performances from this group. 

Bk1234: *standing ovation* What male artist goes out, puts their own spin on a Mariah Carey song, and slays it? That’s you David Cook, and I think that’s what I loved most about it! That performance showed artistry, originality, and that you are capable of delivering those emotions. This is my first standing ovation of the competition, so congratulations on that, but I’m even going to go out and say that this was the best performance of this competition so far!

That Is The End of the Show!

How To Vote:

You Can Use As Many Methods As You Want!

Survey Heart Voting ♥️: Credit to @anonymouskid_35 for the idea. 

• You will "vote" by ranking the performances from worst to best. 
  • Each question will contain a performance and you will select a placement/point value for it. 
  • For example, if you thought Jim Verraros delivered the best performance, you would select the option "1st Place (10 pts.)"
  • There will also be a question asking for your IDF Account Display Name. You can only vote ONCE per IDF Account! 
  • Please do not give more than one performance the same point value or I will disregard all of your votes! 
  • Season 7 Survey Heart poll linkhttps://surveyheart.com/form/5f3bc590db103b11daef78af (not currently open)

IDF Private Message (PM) Voting: 

• You can "vote" by shooting be a PM with the the contestant's number and the number of times you want to vote for that contestant. 
  • You can vote 10 times per contestant with this method. 
  • All contestant numbers will be revealed during the first show for their season. The number will be the same for the entire competition! 
  • Please keep all of your votes in one private conversation with me! 
  • For example, if you wanted to vote for Kelly Clarkson 10 times, you would PM @Bk1234 "110 (x10)."
  • Season 7 PM Voting will open at 9pm EST. 

Google Forms Voting: 

• You can vote for all your favorites on a Google Form. 
  • You will have to give your IDF Account Display Name. 
  • You can vote using a total of five Google accounts. 
  • I will disregard all of your votes (on all Google accounts) if you use more than five Google accounts. 
  • Season 7 Google Forms poll linkhttps://forms.gle/UtMb2nc8hbeTVMsUA (not currently open)

ALL SEASON 7 VOTING WILL OPEN AT 9:00 PM EST

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @Crisis @kenboy123 @randomgirl @taylorkat @Leekleekington @DorisAnn @SwimmerStud87

Edited by Bk1234

Season 7 Voting is Now OPEN!

Survey Heart Poll Linkhttps://surveyheart.com/form/5f3bc590db103b11daef78af 

Google Forms Linkhttps://forms.gle/UtMb2nc8hbeTVMsUA 

PM Voting Is OPEN

Contestant Numbers:

David Archuleta- 701

Amanda Overmyer- 702

Syesha Mercado- 703

Ramiele Malubay- 704

Brooke White- 705

Jason Castro- 706

Kristy Lee Cook- 707

David Hernandez- 708

Carly Smithson- 709

Michael Johns- 710

Chikezie- 711

David Cook- 712

All Season 7 Voting Will Close TOMORROW at 9pm EST!

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @Crisis @kenboy123 @randomgirl @taylorkat @Leekleekington @DorisAnn @SwimmerStud87

Season 8 Show ANNOUNCEMENT

The first Season 8 show will begin on Wednesday, August 19, at 4pm EST. 

Details

• All 13 Season 8 finalists will perform for your votes. 
  • All voting methods for Season 8 will open at 9pm EST, and close at 9pm EST the following day.
  • Your votes will decide the four Season 8 finalists that will automatically advance to the next round (Top 76). 
  • If your favorite isn't one of the top four vote-getters, don't worry, they still have the chance to be one of the judges' wildcard picks. 

Welcome to the Very First Season 8 Show!

The contestants in this group have all worked very hard to prepare performances for your votes. Your votes will decide the top four vote-getters, who will be automatically safe. The remaining contestants have a chance to be saved by the judges' wildcard, which will happen after every group has performed. 

Here to judge and mentor the contestants are the lovely judges: @JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop and @Bk1234!

All Season 8 Voting Will Open at 9pm EST

Contestant numbers will be shown after they perform! (More voting details in the main post.)

I hope you enjoy the show! 🙂

Kicking off the Season 8 show is a contestant who never had any formal singing classes before her Idol audition... 

Megan Joy

Song: Put Your Records On (Corinne Bailey Rae)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Megan, send me a PM with the number 801. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: Aren't you just so fricking adorable. I love the random tattoo making you look like you have an edge LOL but it's like Taylor Swift getting a tattoo. We need to get you some dance lessons because your random hand movements were hella awkward. You have an interesting voice, but this performance was a bit all over the place, you will need to work on your control and breaths. I don't think this is strong enough to move on but we'll see.

A-Kid: I'll be honest, you were kind of awkward on that stage, with your movements and gestures and all, still need to work on that as I was kind of distracted. But the thing I like about you is your unique tone, you have this weirdly kind of a sultry tone that I like. I also like your look, pretty girl and all. I also love how you made this song your own.

thevoiceisthetop: I liked the beginning but once it got to the end I didn't like it because you were trying to hit some crazy notes and I just think you have a chill laid back kind of songs work that you don't have to belt.

Bk1234: This was a nice way to start off the show, Megan! The vocals weren’t great, but I loved that you put your own spin on that song. Your voice is unique enough as it is, but you also included little dances that just make you Megan! I love those little touches, so if you make it to the next round, just polish up on the vocals. 

Next up is a contestant who has participated in and won many pageants... 

Jasmine Murray

Song: Love Song (Sara Bareilles)

Voting Details: Jasmine’s PM voting number is 802. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!