Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

More pressing issue: people thinking Blackout is not the greatest musical revolution of all-time.

Retrospectively, Blackout received widespread acclaim, with some citing its influence on pop music years later and it also ranked on many end-of-decade lists. The Times named it as the fifth best pop album of the decade.[3] In 2012, the album was added to the library and archives of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In 2019, Rolling Stone named Blackout one of the most influential pop albums to impact the 2010s.[4]

Blackout received a mostly positive response from music critics. Retrospective reviews have praised the album and cited it as a strong influence over the music of the late 2000s and early 2010s. Stephen Thomas Erlewine, senior editor of AllMusic, described the album as "state-of-the-art dance-pop, a testament to skills of the producers and perhaps even Britney being somehow cognizant enough to realize she should hire the best, even if she's not at her best."[34] Dennis Lim of Blender deemed it as "her most consistent [album], a seamlessly entertaining collection of bright, brash electropop."[35] Margeaux Watson of Entertainment Weekly commented that while the album is not poetry, "there is something delightfully escapist about Blackout, a perfectly serviceable dance album abundant in the kind of bouncy electro elements that buttressed her hottest hits. Xtina could never!!"[52] 

Pitchfork's Tom Ewing called "Get Naked (I Got a Plan)" the centerpiece of the album, and added that "like most of Blackout, is superb modern pop, which could probably only have been released by this star at this moment. Britney as walking catastrophe makes for great car-crash copy and her record can fit into that if you want it to." Ewing also compared the relationship between Spears and Blackout with American television series Twin Peaks, saying that what made the show "so great wasn't the central good-girl-gone-bad story, it was the strangeness that story liberated. And Britney's off-disc life is both distraction from and enabler for this extraordinary album".[43] Melissa Maerz from Rolling Stone explained that Blackout "is the first time in her career that she's voiced any real thoughts about her life" and that "she's gonna crank the best pop booty jams until a social worker cuts off her supply of hits."[49] Rob Sheffield of the same magazine described Blackout as "one of the most influential albums in modern pop".[93] 

Peter Robinson of The Observer stated that Spears "delivered the best album of her career, raising the bar for modern pop music with an incendiary mix of Timbaland's Shock Value and her own back catalogue."[75] The Phoenix's Ellee Dean said the album "may be more a tribute to the skills of the A-list producers who guided her through the disc than to any of her own talents. But at least she was smart enough to accept that guidance."[95] The album topped Billboard's Reader's Choice poll as the best album of the year.[97]

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I ranked Adele higher than she ranked Alanis.

It only aired like 6 episodes in the 2000s so in that regard, it was more than fair cut to make. :ph34rwave:

You did! :haha: 

Ooh i understand. I still loved the show and was sad to see it go. But I am glad us BMW got it as far as we did. :haha: 

8 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Of course, we need Kelly!  Yes, an obvious three. :haha: :wub: But I don't know if two of them would be popular choices. 

Oooohh ah i get you on the last sentence. I do like them both and you know there's at least one other big fan of those guys. :haha: 

7 minutes ago, *Chris said:

You had me until Mariah. 

BareAptAruanas-size_restricted.gif