Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

Kelsea Ballerini Final Rankings: Part 3

giphy.gif

Sorry for the break!!!!!!!! Let's get to the Top 10!!!!!

#15: "Love Me Like You Mean It"

Kelsea_Ballerini_-_Love_Me_Like_You_Mean

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r6N2JQQwg0

Average: 13.67

Rankers:

Wallace - 3

Diana - 5

Kay - 6

Derek - 12

Tom - 14

Chris - 17

Andy - 20

QK - 23

Victoria - 23

And here's where the standard deviations start to get wild. 

On 4/15/2021 at 8:46 PM, *Wallace said:

Aww Kelsea’s very first single! I didn’t really know much or pay much attention to when “Love Me Like You Mean It” came out. I think I did started noting her more when “Dibs” came out but I would grow to eventually really like this song. This was really such a cute first single and a defining song for her. I love the feel good vibe of this song and how this is such a pleasant easy listening kind of song. The chorus is so fun, adorable and my favorite part of the song. Love me love me like you mean it! :bobo: I do like those other parts she repeats in the chorus too. I really enjoy Kelsea’s vocals on this song. At #3, this still remains one of my favorite songs of Kelsea’s so I’m pleased this made the Top 25!

On 4/19/2021 at 9:43 PM, *Chris said:
  • Okay, I am torn on this ranking as I always sing out loud to this song but I am feeling that it's the obvious winner & I would love to give another song a chance to win; I love when the winning song is not the predictable one as it really help showcasing another song that may not be necessarily the most popular one. 

On 4/18/2021 at 11:18 PM, QueenKalie said:

No Kelsea song is bad but this isn't one of my favorites

#14: "Stilettos"

71RCeuShwXL._SS500_.jpg

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NogJJOGk28Q

Average: 13.11

Rankings:

Diana - 3

Chris - 4

Tom - 8

Andy - 13

Wallace - 13

QK - 16

Victoria - 16

Derek - 22

Kay - 23

I love ballad & love songs, and this one is no exception - I really love the metaphor used in the song & I love the melody. And ranking it  high on my ranking as I feel it needs more help as I think the non-single will be at a disadvantage here. 

Such a heartbreaking but pretty song. The “I wear my pain like stilettos” analogy is so interesting here. She sounds good on this!

good song

#13: "Get Over Yourself"

61QFliUsn1L.jpg

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRBDx2FycZ4

Average: 12.44

Rankers:

Derek - 3

Tom - 3 

Chris - 5

Andy - 12

Diana - 13

Kay - 15

Wallace - 19

QK - 21

Victoria - 21

I forgot how much I loved this song; definitely one of the highlight from "Legends"  - I love the message convey through the song & its lyrics.  And hope it can surprised in the ranking despite not being a song released as a single. 

This took some time to grow on me but I really got into the chorus. I do like the sassy nature/attitude she has in singing this song. She’s really over this guy she’s singing about.

No Kelsea song is bad but this isn't one of my favorites

#12: "Dibs"

Kelsea-Ballerini-Dibs.jpg

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lCzEOy5xs

Average: 12.33

Rankers:

Diana - 1

Wallace - 1

Kay - 8

Derek - 11

QK - 12

Victoria - 12

Andy - 17

Chris - 24

Tom - 25

The first #1 rankings to go. Unfortunately for Diana and Wally, their rankings are balanced out by Chris and Tom. 

I often go back and forth between “Dibs” and “Yeah Boy” on being my favorite song from Kelsea Ballerini. So I am really sad and heartbroken both of them couldn’t make it through…. a bummer. :broken: But yeah “Dibs” is a reallly cute, fun and adorable song from Kelsea. I love the love story she sings here. The chorus has a catchy fun easy sound to it and has that feel good vibe to it. I love how she sings all of it.  I do love the latter part of the song where she speaks sings of calling dibs on this guy’s lips, heart, hands and…. everything else. :lmao: She’s knows what exactly what she wants. :giggle: I also really love the part towards the end of the song  where she sings: 

Yeah, boy I'm calling dibs

On your lips

On your kiss

On your time

Boy, I'm calling dibs

On your hand

On your heart

All mine, yeah

But yeah “Dibs” was also the song where I first really noticed and paid attention to her, so I’ll always have that memory regaring Kelsea. I don’t expect this to rank too well, as I’m sure Tom & Chris will rank it low, but I’m glad “Dibs” made it to the Top 25 here.

People said this song and Yeah Boy were too similar and if I had to choose between the two I would have prefered Yeah Boy to make it but I do love both of them.

People said this song and Yeah Boy were too similar and if I had to choose between the two I would have prefered Yeah Boy to make it but I do love both of them.

#11: "Better Luck Next Time"

61OPtB20usL._SS500_.jpg

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxvKtkCHeWo

Average: 11.89

Rankers: 

Derek - 1

Kay - 3

Chris - 10

Andy - 15

QK - 15

Victoria - 15

Wallace - 15

Tom - 16

Diana - 17

Sorry Derek and Kay. As Kelsea would say "better luck next time."

A real bop! And one of the better song to come from that Songland tv show - it was the perfect song for Kelsea to get another crossover on the pop radio. 

The only song not on an album to make it in the top 25.  We gotta stan

This is a very emotional song and I love the vulnerability Kelsea has while singing this. She’s not going to let this guy get the best of her and she will do better without him. This has a calm quiet sound but a powerful message to it. She sounds very good.

8 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Just read the comments and thought it was funny that Chris's obvious winner pick came in at 15th place. :dead:

I didn’t expect that you did not love it, nor would Vicky have the same ranking as you :haha: 

35 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Top 10 Kelsea!!!

Xo

Peter Pan

Graveyard

Miss Me More

Roses

I Hate Love Songs

Unapologetically

Legends

homecoming queen?

love and hate

A very strong top 10!

This is what I have left!

Lol Chris thinking “Love Me Like You Mean It” is the obvious winner…. yet it comes in at #15. :dead::lmao:

Bummer about “Dibs” missing out the Top 10  but i knew it couldn’t rank too high. :( I’m glad I am not super passionate about Kelsea or else I would have been much more upset about the ranking.

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lol Chris thinking “Love Me Like You Mean It” is the obvious winner…. yet it comes in at #15. :dead::lmao:

Bummer about “Dibs” missing out the Top 10  but i knew it couldn’t rank too high. :( I’m glad I am not super passionate about Kelsea or else I would have been much more upset about the ranking.

I thought everyone loved that song & Dibs 😛 

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

Are you sure Dibs isn't missing a comment by @*Chris, @totes4totes? I had comments by @QueenKalie twice. :dead:

It's mine missing:

"I absolutely understand that this is her most mainstream song, but it's also my least favourite of hers - it's too basic for me; there's too many songs like this one out there in the country pop world; If I didn't know who Kelsea was, I couldn't tell you that this would be her song as it could be any of the young blonde country singer trying to make it into the business. (I know this will be a controversial placement as I expect majority of the ranker putting this in the top tier of their ranking) "