Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

Gah everything posted all together. Can only reply to one set right now. :haha:

Interesting how "Back Together" did really well in rankings, except there is that one low ranking from Denise. Although I know that doesn't mean much as she loves all 25 songs here. :haha: I'm fine with where this song came in here.

Also interesting seeing all of these polarizing rankings for "Just So You Know." I knew Steven and Denise would rank it reallly high but wasn't sure on JC. 😮 But wow.... 3 Top 2 rankings is really good for this one. Interesting that this is  possibly Denise's favorite Jesse song but only ranks it 2nd. 😮 Love alll of her comments on this.

And wow, same thoughts could be said regarding "Because You Live" as Steven/Victoria/JC all ranked this super high in their Top 4. Another great set of comments from Denise here.

Ooh wow, I forgot "Bleeding Love" was still remaining. Surprised this made it this higher and higher than JSYK/BYL - although I know how I ranked them has an effect there. Ooof this is a really rough set for Steven as most of his Top 5 is dropping out here.

Aww darn I think I was kinda rooting for "Punch Drunk Recreation" to make the Top 5? BUT I'm not sure how many of my higher ranked songs are remaining to say this. But whoa.... this got no Top 5 rankings - highest ranking is #6, and this managed to make the Top 6? That is impressive!

I'll reply to the Top 5 later on.

5 hours ago, Deeee said:

TOP FIVE

BEAUTIFUL SOUL

She's No You
Beautiful Soul

RIGHT WHERE YOU WANT ME

Right Where You Want Me

DEPARTURE

Leavin'
It's Over

Oooh wait... okay, I think all of these songs made my Top 6 (except for "How Do You Sleep?") so a great Top 5 for me.

I'll check out how it ranks later on tonight!

OK catching up on the rest now!

Wow really great rankings all around for "Right Where You Want Me" coming in 5th. Wow we all ranked this in the 4-8 spots, except for the Queen of Unpopular opinions Gigi herself with the #14 spot. :giggle: Lol loving Denise's comments as well, as always. :haha: But yeah I am glad this is the highest ranked RWYWM track.

Mostly good rankings for "It's Over," but ooo wow two rankings from Denise and Derek out of the Top 10. 😮 But all the other rankings are great and high here. Ooof, again Steven's luck is not running well as the two songs he was hoping to win were posted first.

Aww happy for "Leavin'" making it all the way to 3rd, but I was hoping for it to get to 2nd. Oh well.  Very nice rankings for this - me/Victoria/Priscilla all ranking this in the Top 3! :wub: Only 2 rankings out of the Top 10 from Steven and JC, but still high ish out of the Top 10 rankings, so not mad.

Wow, I am really surprised "She's No You" managed to make it all the way to 2nd? :omg: Dangg that's really impressive. Maybe I should have lowered this a bit had I known it would beat out "Leavin'." LMAO I'm teasing. Kinda surprised seeing Denise ranking Leavin' higher than SNY and expected her to rank this much higher. But I'm not mad about it.

And as expected "Beautiful Soul" got the #1 spot which I am sure all of us predicted. :haha: Danggg at the 4.5 average for this. :omg: Well done to Gigi, Priscilla and Denise on having their #1s win here. 😮 And goo me and Victoria ranking this at #3. And ooo this is also the only song to have all of its rankings in the Top 10, which is really cool. Love Denise's write-up here and am very happy for her having her #1 song choice winning here! :hug: I know this song means A LOT to her, so yeah I am happy

This Jesse round was a lot of fun. Glad Denise got to come back here and participate here. :hug:❤️

Excited for the Aaliyah round to come!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deeee said:

Sorry so there was a lot of family drama including my grandmother starting from Thursday + then my mother became sick and had a very long ER trip over the weekend. Forgive me for the delay. I thought Monday would be the finish, but I got caught up with school after neglecting it for the personal stuff.

Aww hoping everything is okay/getting better now. :( :hug: 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

I’m surprised Punch Love Recreation beat Bleeding Love, but other than that no complaints. I would have Back Together higher considering the songs left. :haha:

Interesting because I am surprised Bleeding Love made it that high / higher than BYL and JSYK. I'm not mad but thought it would have barely made the Top 10. :haha: 

3 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

CONGRATS TO BEAUTIFUL SOUL. :spaz: WE ALL CALLED IT. :dead:

We sure did. :dead: 

Leavin' was robbed of second place. :yes:

Ugh yeah I was hoping for this too, obviously. 😢 

3 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Oooo I thought She's No You might be able to pull it off, but it is very nice to see Denise get her #1 a win!

Oooh I was really surprised and not expecting "She's No You" to make it so high. 😮 

Congrats. 🎊

Oooh didn't know Jesse got married.... but congrats to him! 😮 

OMGGG Just So You Know at #9 is soooo hurtful. 😢 :broken: My spirit is broken. 😭 

WOW, I did not expect She's No You at #2. :omg: :wub: Even though I wish JSYK was there (or at least top 5 :/ ), my heart is on fire seeing his first two singles in the top 2 here. 😢 I feel so warm and happy. I'm soooooooo happy Beautiful Soul won! :wub:  Both the song and the album! :ohyeah: Ahhhh! :wub: 😢 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deeee said:

9. Just So You Know (2006, prod. by Andy Dodd + Adam Watts, written by Jesse McCartney + Andy Dodd + Adam Watts + Dory Lobel)

Album: Right Where You Want Me

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 19

Wallace: 17

Steven: 1

Derek: 15

Priscilla: 22

Denise: 2

Victoria: 15

Thank you to @Steven_ and Steven ONLY. 😭 :broken: 

8. Because You Live (2004, prod. by Andreas Carlsson + Desmond Child, written by Chris Braide + Desmond Child + Andreas Carlsson)

Album: Beautiful Soul

A good song from Jesse here. I wasn't ever really crazy about this song when it was out, but it's grown on me since then over the years. I'm enjoying this even more now than I remembered.  This song has a fun and catchy chorus

@*Wallace

Fun? detective2.gif.be2e7e4dbfe90190433bb4897

5. Right Where You Want Me (2006, prod. by Andy Dodd + Adam Watts, written by Andy Dodd + Dory Lobel + Jesse McCartney + Adam Watts)

Album: Right Where You Want Me

Oooh these songs in the 6-4 range have been really tricky for me to rank. They are all a toss up, but I guess "Right Where You Want Me" gets the advantage here at #4. Hopefully Denise approves...but I won't know until after this is all posted. :haha: But yay, I've always loved this song and consider it one of my favorites from Jesse. This was Jesse's first single from the album of the same name, and I was liking the slightly more mature pop/~rock sound here. Well rock is a stretch but it has this funky edge to it that I enjoy. I enjoy how he sings the verses and then brought a little falsetto into the pre-chorus (that "baby don't be gentle, I can handle it" part. Then the chorus is a lot and super catchy, I love that whole chorus he sings there. But the "you got me! Right where you want me!" Is the catchiest part there. :bobo: I also love how he builds up, the bridge section of the song and think that's another highlight of the song. I love how he sings that how part especially when he belts it out. A fun song and I think it's kinda underrated amongst his big songs.

@*Wallace

YES I do approve of this ranking and am so pleasantly surprised!! :wub: :spaz: :clap: Your last sentence too! I actually thought you were one that underrated it. :dead: But I guess not. However, it does not make up for Just So You Know! 😭 😭 👽 :broken: 😢  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. She's No You (2004, prod. by Matthew Gerrard, written by Matthew Gerrard + Jesse McCartney + Robbie Nevil)

Okay so songs that I have from #6 through #4 were all super tricky to rank. I could go a number of ways on ranking them, but I guess I just ended up having "She's No You" rank as the lowest. I do really like "She's No You" a lot, and think of it as a classic vintage Jesse song. In fact, this was the second song of his I heard/know. And this is another song i of course know and remember Denise loving and going crazy over

@*Wallace

Classic vintage Jesse. :wub: And yes to me. :wub: 

1. Beautiful Soul (2004, prod. by Adam Watts + Andy Dodd + Greg Wells, written by Adam Watts + Andy Dodd)

"Beautiful Soul" is Jesse's debut single and his signature hit that put him on the music map as a solo artist. I feel like this song would be the ~easy predictable #1~ of Jesse's discography and if it does win, I honestly don't mind and would be here for it as this song was a game changer for his career. And lol I have lots of fond memories of this song mostly and solely through Denise. I remember she started watching TRL only for Jesse and this song, and she only cared about this. She was that ultimate fan girl for him there. :giggle: I can't recall my initial reaction of this song. I think I liked it but didn't really much mind to it. Denise definitely helped me grow to love this song and have it be one of my favorite songs of Jesse's. I do prefer his more urban/edgier music as a whole, but this has still been one of my favorites of his.

@*Wallace

Yessssssssssssssssssss. And yay the baby Denise memories! :wub: :dead: Without Jesse, I would never have discovered mainstream music. :shock: You can thank him!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Oooo I thought She's No You might be able to pull it off, but it is very nice to see Denise get her #1 a win!

4 hours ago, goofycilla90 said:

yup

4 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

I'm very happy for @miss denise. She returned to a Mini-Rankdown and had her #1 win. QUEEN. 👑

Sarah Burke Queen GIF by asianhistorymonth

2 hours ago, Steven_ said:

Congrats to "Beautiful Soul." It wasn't my first choice to win, but I do like the song and I'm glad Denise's #1 won. :yes: 

Awwwwwwwwwwww. 😭 😭 😭 😭  Thank you all so much! This is so sweet and kind of you all. 😢  Thanks so much! :hug:❤️ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Interesting how "Back Together" did really well in rankings, except there is that one low ranking from Denise. Although I know that doesn't mean much as she loves all 25 songs here. :haha: 

Also interesting seeing all of these polarizing rankings for "Just So You Know." I knew Steven and Denise would rank it reallly high but wasn't sure on JC. 😮 But wow.... 3 Top 2 rankings is really good for this one. Interesting that this is  possibly Denise's favorite Jesse song but only ranks it 2nd. 😮 Love alll of her comments on this.

And wow, same thoughts could be said regarding "Because You Live" as Steven/Victoria/JC all ranked this super high in their Top 4. Another great set of comments from Denise here.

Ooh wow, I forgot "Bleeding Love" was still remaining. Surprised this made it this higher and higher than JSYK/BYL - although I know how I ranked them has an effect there. Ooof this is a really rough set for Steven as most of his Top 5 is dropping out here.

lol. One of 25 #1s. :wub: 

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 Not good enough!!!!!!!!!!! And I explained. 😢  I ranked BS higher because I thought it had a better shot to win, so I wanted to help it out, PLUS it's the original song that made me fall in love with Jesse. 😢 JSYK could still be my #1 tooooo. I've said both are my favorites over the years. :broken: 

Thank you. ❤️ 

(!) 

43 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

:giggle: Lol loving Denise's comments as well, as always. :haha: But yeah I am glad this is the highest ranked RWYWM track.

Kinda surprised seeing Denise ranking Leavin' higher than SNY and expected her to rank this much higher. But I'm not mad about it.

And as expected "Beautiful Soul" got the #1 spot which I am sure all of us predicted. :haha: Danggg at the 4.5 average for this. :omg: Well done to Gigi, Priscilla and Denise on having their #1s win here. 😮 And goo me and Victoria ranking this at #3. And ooo this is also the only song to have all of its rankings in the Top 10, which is really cool. Love Denise's write-up here and am very happy for her having her #1 song choice winning here! :hug: I know this song means A LOT to her, so yeah I am happy

This Jesse round was a lot of fun. Glad Denise got to come back here and participate here. :hug:❤️

:wub:  and 😢 

I don't remember this.

I was sure it would be this or Leavin', but not sold on a specific one. THANK YOU.  And thank you again for these final comments!!!!! 😢 So kind. :hug: 

Awww and more about me?! 😢  Thanks so much. ❤️ :blushingwave: 

36 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh I was really surprised and not expecting "She's No You" to make it so high. 😮 

Oooh didn't know Jesse got married.... but congrats to him! 😮 

My most pleasant surprise. :wub:  

🙂 

8 hours ago, Deeee said:

Sorry so there was a lot of family drama including my grandmother starting from Thursday + then my mother became sick and had a very long ER trip over the weekend. Forgive me for the delay. I thought Monday would be the finish, but I got caught up with school after neglecting it for the personal stuff.

I'm so sorry to hear, Dee. :(  I hope all is well or getting better with your family. You should always feel free to take the time you need. ❤️ :hug: 

• Thanks 1