Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

3 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

I probably should have advanced Haunted (and definitely Already Gone) to the penultimate round.  👀

But it's my snowflake so... of well. 

Awww I wish you had done Already Gone there. :haha: :broken: 

But also no problem in supporting your snowflake. I did like reading your connection to the song though.

FINAL STANDINGS PART TWO

18. Before Your Love (2002, prod. by Desmond Child + Cathy Dennis, written by Desmond Child + Cathy Dennis + Gary Burr)

Album: Thankful

tumblr_pugr97VSqj1yr9hsto4_250.gifv

US Hot Single Sales (Billboard): #1 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Before_Your_Love

RANKINGS:

Derek: 21

Gigi: 17

Andy: 21

Steven: 10

Sola: 6

Wally: 16

Anne: 18

Elliott: 19

QK: 10

Tom: 11

Chris: 10

JC: 21

Kaley: 17

Lily: 16

Amanda: 19

Andrew: 21

Denise: 10

Priscilla: 9

Victoria: 10

Final Average = 14.842

COMMENTS

On 10/1/2020 at 8:55 PM, miss denise said:

This song brings me so much nostalgia, as all Kelly's Thankful songs do. It just has that feeling that gets right into my heart and makes me feel all the things. The way she belts out the chorus is so powerful and amazing. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif I love the parts of the verses that go: 

"And you don't know why"

and

"And I don't know how" :wub: 

It's like a turn of events that then leads into the amazing chorus where her vocals truly soar up to the heavens. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif I NEVER LIVEDDDD BEFORE YOUR LOVE. crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif Ugh, I love it so much and this song has a special place in my heart. 

On 9/30/2020 at 11:43 PM, JC said:

Again a song that is a bit boring from Kelly's original album, I just don't find the classic overdone diva style that interesting. Kelly is so much better than this, but I would expect someone boring and inferior like Jennifer Hudson to sing something like this so this really should have been cut before top 21. Like The Trouble With Love Is because it's just not a good representation of Kelly. But I know Kelly's hands were tied as she had to do what TPTB told her because this is just not Kelly's style. And I am glad she rebranded herself after this first album.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:16 PM, taylorkat said:

Nice, but I don't return to it often.

On 10/1/2020 at 7:16 PM, sublymonal said:

How did this make the final vote tbh.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:51 PM, #jeah said:

Amazing vocal performance, but I have to say the song itself bores me a little bit.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:14 PM, *Wallace said:

tumblr_pugr97VSqj1yr9hsto3_250.gifv

“Before Your Love” was Kelly’s other coronation single from American Idol, although I was always #TeamAMLT of the two songs. I am surprised that both of these songs made it into the finals, but I always really liked “Before your Love” so I’m not upset at it making it here. Although of course there are other earlier  eliminated songs I would love in the finals more. I struggle on between 2, maybe 3 songs on where to rank this but I decided to give this song the #16 spot. “Before Your Love” is a very pretty song and Kelly sings it so beautifully of course! The verses are good but I really love it when the chorus comes in and Kelly powers through it!

I'd never lived

Before your love

I'd never felt

Before your touch

And I'd never needed anyone

To make me feel alive

But then again,

I wasn't really livin'

I'd never lived...

Before your love

Such gorgeous vocals! :wub: Some other stand out parts for me are those parts where she sings: And you don’t know why and And I don’t know how in the verses. I always loved how she sang those parts. And of course I love all of her powering vocals here, especially at the very end of the song. :omg: Wow I feel like i haven’t listened to this in so long but it does bring back memories.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:44 PM, *Chris said:

Another one of my favourite from her debut album. It's not a song that a lot of people think about when they think of Kelly Clarkson but I really like the song - I just can't help but love her voice on ballads. 

On 10/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, *Lily said:

Beautiful song! I mention this in my A Moment Like This writeup but any of these 'winner/coronation songs' kinda drive me crazy but Kelly is a clear exception.

17. Wrapped in Red (2013, prod. by Greg Kurstin, written by Kelly Clarkson + Ashley Arrison + Aben Eubanks + Shane McAnally)

Album: Wrapped in Red

Wrapped_in_Red.png

US Adult Contemporary (Billboard): #2 (Single)

US Holiday Digital Songs (Billboard): #5 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrapped_in_Red_(song)

RANKINGS:

Derek: 11

Gigi: 13

Andy: 17

Steven: 18

Sola: 2

Wally: 19

Anne: 21

Elliott: 6

QK: 21

Tom: 17

Chris: 9

JC: 16

Kaley: 12

Lily: 18

Amanda: 12

Andrew: 3

Denise: 17

Priscilla: 13

Victoria: 17

Final Average = 13.789

COMMENTS

This is such a beautiful, heart-warming Christmas song from Kelly. I do love this, although I much prefer "Underneath the Tree" (THE Christmas song of hers IMO) and her cover of "My Grown-Up Christmas List." I won't take that out on this song, but just wanted to mention since I love those other two so much. Anyway, this song definitely has the feel of a classic holiday song. Kelly nailed it and her vocals are as divine as ever. The way she belts out on the chorus is so magical and amazing. It ever builds up and gets better and better somehow.

"Sooo I'm at your door with nothing more than words I've never said, In all this white, you'll see me like you've never seen me yet, wrapped in red " :wub: santa.gif.94ac349eddfb2462e9af985f8b50bde0.gif 

Ugh amazing! This really puts me in the holiday spirit and while I'm enjoying this Halloween season (because I decided it officially started when September did), I am also ready to break out the jingle bells and start celebrating Christmas.... wrapped in red! :wub: 

I like this, but I would have rather had Underneath the Tree make the finals. 

Underneath the Tree deserved to be here! I am writing this as of the 1st of October and I HAVE listened to Underneath the Tree already! I do think this is a lovely song. Just not my standout from this album!

I actually prefer Underneath The Tree, is that bad? I still like this though! I’m just going to pretend Underneath the Tree and Wrapped it Red are competing together as the Kelly Christmas Songs. So yay Underneath the Tree!

tumblr_mxseu6BQAe1qmn01to1_500.gifv

Not gonna lie, but I do wish “Underneath the Tree” was the Christmas song to represent the Top 21 finals in this Kelly mini-rankdown. :haha: I just really love that song, but at the same time, I’m not upset at Chris cutting it as I’m more passionate about other Kelly songs (and lost bigger favorites over it). With that said, “Wrapped in Red” is a really beautiful Christmas song and beautiful song in general. The verses are really soft and pretty, but I do like how the chorus builds up and she powers through it. Hmmm, I’ve heard this a few times here and there over the years but it’s not one I hear often. I will try to give this more attention over the holiday seasons. Not a personal favorite of mine but I do enjoy this whenever I listen to this and enough to place it at #19.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:54 PM, aliasocfan said:

I despise Christmas music. Oops. 

On 9/30/2020 at 8:22 PM, ~Tom~ said:

Meh.

One of my favourite modern Christmas song - everything about this song is magical, just like everything related to Christmas & the festive season. 

Christmas stunner that Kelly sangs and brings so much character to for the holidays.

An instant Christmas classic and honestly it could win and I wouldn't be mad, but it won't.

16. Mr. Know It All (2011, prod. by Brian Kennedy, written by Brian Seals + Ester Dean + Brett James + Dante Jones)

Album: Stronger

tumblr_oto9fcmqTY1qmn01to3_500.gifv

US Billboard Hot 100: #10 (Single)

US Adult Contemporary (Billboard): #4 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Hot Country Songs Billboard): #21 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #11 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Know_It_All

RANKINGS

Derek: 12

Gigi: 14

Andy: 15

Steven: 16

Sola: 10

Wally: 13

Anne: 19

Elliott: 14

QK: 6

Tom: 19

Chris: 13

JC: 8

Kaley: 15

Lily: 9

Amanda: 14

Andrew: 14

Denise: 18

Priscilla: 11

Victoria: 14

Final Average = 13.368

COMMENTS

I'm glad this was able to make the finals in the last round! I feel like this song has a bit more of a laid back, subtle sound to it compared to some of the more in-your-face melodies we know and love from Kelly, but at the same time - it still has plenty of attitude and angst that we also know and love from Kelly. :wub:  She is putting that guy in his place and not holding back! The quieter melody is just an illusion!

"When somebody tells you something bout you, Think that they know you more than you do" :bobo: 

and

"Nobody gonna make a fool out of me, Baby you should know that I lead not follow" :bobo: 

Yes! Love that independence. The second part of the chorus is my actual favorite though.

"You ain't got the right to tell me, when and where to go, no right to tell me, acting like you own me lately" 

YES! I just love everything about that part. But the whole song has fierce energy from the lyrics and is a great song to put on and/or sing when you need to let someone have it.

I think it's the weakest of the singles from Stronger, but was picked first because it wasn't as catchy as the others.

It's Kelly Clarkson putting every man in their place for me.

This is okay, but I don't go back to it.

Lol I mean this song isn’t groundbreaking or anything but it’s still a hallmark Kelly song and I enjoy it. It’s another top 10 hit for Kelly so I don’t care I love it! The best part of the song is definitely the catchy chorus

tumblr_lvl1mqCWqk1qfz6hzo1_500.gif

I am kinda surprised “Mr. Know It All” made it into the finals, as I thought “Low” would be more popular to get into the finals, but i’m not mad about it as I do really like both songs (and neither are lie super all-time faves). I always found “Mr. Know It All” to be an underrated song, but not sure if i’m the only one to think this. This song will get my #13 spot. I do love the  sassy attitude Kelly brings to this song and she sells it so well. The part that stands out to me from the first verse is where Kelly sings:

Can't nobody tell me how it's gonna be

Nobody gonna make a fool out of me

Baby, you should know that I lead not follow

And the chorus is really cool and fun to sing along to too!

Oh you think that you know me, know me

That's why I'm leaving you lonely, lonely

'Cause baby you don't know a thing about me

You don't know a thing about me

You ain't got the right to tell me

When and where to go, no right to tell me

Acting like you own me lately

Yeah baby you don't know a thing about me

You don't know a thing about me

Tell it, Kelly! :bobo: Then I love the bridge, especially the last part of it where she sings:

You still think I'm coming back

But baby you'll see

I am really curious where this song will rank as I can’t really predict. I feel it could maybe do better than I expect?

I remember being obsessed with this song, and I love the country version of this song. 

Another classic, Kelly just churns out hit after hit, love this for her as well.

Edited by Deeee

Not too surprised with “Before Your Love”’s ranking. It did very well considering all of those lower ranks. It’s a really sweet song with beautiful vocals. 

“Wrapped in Red” is a very beautiful song. But like many of the other rankers said, I would have preferred “Underneath the Tree” in its place. Elliott ranking a Christmas song at #6 really has me shook. :haha: 

Hmmm kinda surprised but not at “Mr. Know It All” making it at #16. I could see it here but apart of me thought it would rank higher. I do really like this song and I love the vibe of it. Yayy for "Stronger" b eing the last standing Stronger track though. ❤️ 

Gah one song not showing up already has me worried, lmaoo. :dead: 🙈 Hopefully it shows up on the next set.

1 hour ago, ~Tom~ said:

Anne and I ranking Mr. Know It All the lowest. ❤️ It should have been replaced with one of the other robbed songs. 

It's fun. It's catchy. I love the concept of the music video with all the insulting headlines. 

Is it a personal favorite of mine? Obviously not.

I wish My December had better representation at the end.