Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

5. CHARLIZE THERON

NyumcsM.gif

oHu1pET.gif

Aileen Wuornos - Monster (2003)

Film Synopsis: Shortly after moving to Florida, longtime prostitute Aileen Wuornos (Charlize Theron) meets young and reserved Selby Wall (Christina Ricci) and a romance blossoms. When a john (Lee Tergesen) attempts to brutalize Aileen, she kills him and resolves to give up prostitution. But supporting herself and her new girlfriend through legitimate means proves extremely difficult, and she soon falls back on old ways. More johns die, and Selby can't help but think her new friend is responsible. Rotten Tomatoes states, "Charlize Theron gives a searing, deglamorized performance as real life serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Monster, an intense, disquieting portrait of a profoundly damaged soul." Roger Ebert said Theron's role is "one of the greatest performances in the history of the cinema." Charlize Theron won Best Actress at the Oscars and Golden Globes for this role.

GIGI: 2

REI: 2

TOM: 3

ELLIOTT: 6

DEREK: 8

ALEX: 10

CHRIS: 10

QK: 14

STEVEN: 15

WALLACE: 15

GIGI

She's amazing as Aileen Wuornos, I've seen Monster several times.

REI

My celebrity crush. Her best role! Top acting class!

TOM

Charlize's performance of Ailen Wuornos is one of my all time favorite portrayals in this top 20, so I hope it does well!

ELLIOTT

Charlize embodied the serial killer so much that it was scary. Amazing performance.

DEREK

Is it good acting??? Or prosthetics??? Lol it's both of course. An iconic role for Charlize that cemented her as one of the all-time greats.

ALEX

Flawless obviously. The movie that made Charlize a superstar.

CHRIS

Charlize's transformation is certainly something, and one of my favourite role of hers.

QK

Charlize is hot I can't say that I am a huge fan of the movies that she has been in but oh well.

STEVEN

I haven't seen Monster, but just based on clips it's clear Charlize delivers a remarkable performance. She's fully committed to the role, and she definitely earned her Best Actress wins for this.

WALLACE

Really like Charlize, and remember hearing lots of buzz from this movie. Never saw it though.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#5 Posted)

ALEX:

CHRIS:

DEREK:

ELLIOTT:

GIGI: 

QK:

REI:

STEVEN:

TOM:

WALLACE:

Just now, Elliott said:

You’re rooting for a comic book movie? 😮

I just don't like Marvel & DC studios; I am fine with movies like the TDK which is coming from a broader studio. 

And I mainly did my ranking based on their performance & not on the movie or how much I love the actor or actress. 

8 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Elliott & I being the only ones with only top 10 choices left. No one would have guessed this at the start. :giggle:

200.gif

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

You’re rooting for a comic book movie? 😮

:dead: 

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Also I know Charlize (rightfully) received all the praise she did for Monster, but I hope the make-up artists won something too because:

55751-charlize-theron-shutterstock.png?fm=jpg&fl=progressive&w=900&q=50

I don’t think so; I don’t even think they were nominated. 

22 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Also I know Charlize (rightfully) received all the praise she did for Monster, but I hope the make-up artists won something too because:

55751-charlize-theron-shutterstock.png?fm=jpg&fl=progressive&w=900&q=50

They sure should have. She looks so unrecognizable there. 😮