American Idol Season 19 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

4 hours ago, m1key said:

I dont think it will. The only reason last season had to use the at-home format was because little was known about how dangerous the virus was, there werent any ways to control it, and it came about VERY quickly. Now, there is more knowledge on the virus, readily available testing, ways to social distance, and the ability to quarantine people. Unless there is a large Covid outbreak on the set, the season will go as planned.

While it is a lot better, cases are still rising in most if not all states and people are still getting the Coronavirus. I mean The Voice is making it work, but it's a completely different show from American Idol. There are only a selected number of people who move on to Battle Rounds and so on because the coaches are only allowed to have a certain number of contestants on their teams. American Idol, on the other hand, there isn't a limit in how many people can audition or how many make it to Hollywood. There is only a limit in how many make it to Final Judgment, Top 20 or Top 24, etc. I mean I'm sure they are testing the people on the set constantly. So I guess we will see what happens during this season of American Idol.

5 hours ago, m1key said:

I dont think it will. The only reason last season had to use the at-home format was because little was known about how dangerous the virus was, there werent any ways to control it, and it came about VERY quickly. Now, there is more knowledge on the virus, readily available testing, ways to social distance, and the ability to quarantine people. Unless there is a large Covid outbreak on the set, the season will go as planned.

But it's not going to be Business As Usual.  Even if they are in the studio, the format will different - i.e., no live audience.   And where are you getting the impression that the virus is under control?  All it takes if someone tests positive to halt production.  It doesn't require a large outbreak to do that.

6 hours ago, mytake1 said:

But it's not going to be Business As Usual.  Even if they are in the studio, the format will different - i.e., no live audience.   And where are you getting the impression that the virus is under control?  All it takes if someone tests positive to halt production.  It doesn't require a large outbreak to do that.

Yes that is the point I’m trying to make. The Coronavirus is not under control. If it was under control, we wouldn’t even need masks anymore for anytime we are out of the house and people wouldn’t have COVID or die from it. I don’t know if American Idol can pull off having a show this season the way that The Voice because American Idol is completely different from The Voice especially with the audition rounds and the Hollywood Week rounds.

13 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Yes that is the point I’m trying to make. The Coronavirus is not under control. If it was under control, we wouldn’t even need masks anymore for anytime we are out of the house and people wouldn’t have COVID or die from it. I don’t know if American Idol can pull off having a show this season the way that The Voice because American Idol is completely different from The Voice especially with the audition rounds and the Hollywood Week rounds.

Coronavirus might not be under control completely, but AGT, The Voice, The Masked Singer, and Dancing With The Stars have all sucessfully completed in-person seasons in the pandemic so I dont see why American Idol wouldnt be able to? The only part of the format they would have to change is the Hollywood Week duets/groups, but they can easily make that socially distanced like The Voice did for Battles and Knockouts. I dont think they will limit the amount of people in Hollywood week because social distancing is easy especially if they are using a large venue.  If dance group acts were able to perform on AGT, there certainly will not be a problem with Individual Solo Acts singing on a stage by themselves at American Idol. I trust the producers to deliver us a safe, iconic, and fun season even if it means changing the format a little bit. 

Edited by m1key

1 hour ago, m1key said:

Coronavirus might not be under control completely, but AGT, The Voice, The Masked Singer, and Dancing With The Stars have all sucessfully completed in-person seasons in the pandemic so I dont see why American Idol wouldnt be able to? The only part of the format they would have to change is the Hollywood Week duets/groups, but they can easily make that socially distanced like The Voice did for Battles and Knockouts. I dont think they will limit the amount of people in Hollywood week because social distancing is easy especially if they are using a large venue.  If dance group acts were able to perform on AGT, there certainly will not be a problem with Individual Solo Acts singing on a stage by themselves at American Idol. I trust the producers to deliver us a safe, iconic, and fun season even if it means changing the format a little bit. 

What about all of getting on a bus to the theater? Are they going to have no one sit in the audience? Where are they supposed to wait to perform? How do you have 300 or more contestants in Hollywood socially distance? How do you have way more than that socially distance during the auditions before Hollywood Week? The Voice, America’s Got Talent and Dancing With The Stars, and The Masked Singer didn’t have 300 or more contestants competing. Only 40 contestants went on to the Battle Rounds on The Voice. I mean if they can make this work, then that would be great. I just think it would be good to try and be realistic.

8 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

What about all of getting on a bus to the theater? Are they going to have no one sit in the audience? Where are they supposed to wait to perform? How do you have 300 or more contestants in Hollywood socially distance? How do you have way more than that socially distance during the auditions before Hollywood Week? The Voice, America’s Got Talent and Dancing With The Stars, and The Masked Singer didn’t have 300 or more contestants competing. Only 40 contestants went on to the Battle Rounds on The Voice. I mean if they can make this work, then that would be great. I just think it would be good to try and be realistic.

Last season only had 170 contestants in Hollywood week. One idea they could use is split the amount of contestants into shifts where they record half of the 170 one week, half the other week, and then do results. At the theater, they can stay in the audience area and sit multiple seats apart from eachother. Theres about a million other things that could do too, but the producers likely have this all planned out to a T and we just have to trust them. 

2 hours ago, m1key said:

Last season only had 170 contestants in Hollywood week. One idea they could use is split the amount of contestants into shifts where they record half of the 170 one week, half the other week, and then do results. At the theater, they can stay in the audience area and sit multiple seats apart from eachother. Theres about a million other things that could do too, but the producers likely have this all planned out to a T and we just have to trust them. 

So half of that would be 85. Can you still socially distance with 85 contestants? How many seats are even in the theater? I like the idea of the contestants being split into shifts. But then it's like how is it that some of the contestants get to see some of the competition but not all of the contestants that are in Hollywood Week. The Voice, America's Got Talent, Dancing With The Stars, and The Masked Singer never had close to 170 competing in the competition at one time. I trust the producers for right now.

Edited by anticoronaperson

4 hours ago, m1key said:

I trust the producers to deliver us a safe, iconic, and fun season even if it means changing the format a little bit. 

American Idol, Iconic?  Those days are long gone.  Bottom line, the pandemic will have an impact on the show.  And it entails more than just changing the format "a little bit".  L.A. is a raging hot spot for the virus.  It would be reckless to assume otherwise.

1 hour ago, mytake1 said:

American Idol, Iconic?  Those days are long gone.  Bottom line, the pandemic will have an impact on the show.  And it entails more than just changing the format "a little bit".  L.A. is a raging hot spot for the virus.  It would be reckless to assume otherwise.

Right. So either not have this season air or delay it to a time when things are way better. Also, like they do on The Voice with limiting how many contestants go to the battle rounds, limit the number of contestants that make it to Hollywood Week like 80 to 100 and split those into shifts so they are all not in the theater at one time. I agree with you that it would be reckless if they don’t make major changes to this season.

Edited by anticoronaperson

1 minute ago, m1key said:

Yay! Atleast we know its happening 🙂 Interested to see how it works out 

I'm assuming they will try to keep with a similar format to last year but with less chaos and more set rules.

I think that they will stick with duets instead of groups in hollywood. I technically have no confirmation that hollywood week is happening... maybe they will do something different, but the show is progressing for sure

1 hour ago, Blirel said:

I'm assuming they will try to keep with a similar format to last year but with less chaos and more set rules.

I think that they will stick with duets instead of groups in hollywood. I technically have no confirmation that hollywood week is happening... maybe they will do something different, but the show is progressing for sure

What would they do instead if they don't do Hollywood Week? Would they pick random names out of a hat and let 40 to 80 contestants go to Hollywood this season of just 1 solo performance and let the rest automatically go to Hollywood Week next season? If they did that, would they decide the Top 20 or Top 24 based on that group? I doubt they will be flying to Hawaii this year.

14 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

She said she doesn't have a confirmation that Hollywood week is happening. It might be not happening.

Well SOMETHING is happening, which is always good to hear in times like these. 

• istersay changed the title to American Idol Season 19 Spoilers - February 14, 2021

I’m sure they have it all planned out. Hollywood Week will probably be a lot less crowded than usual. Around 100 contestants. And no family members allowed except for guardians to minors. I’m also assuming the live shows will have a virtual audience like other reality shows. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 10:23 AM, anticoronaperson said:

She said she doesn't have a confirmation that Hollywood week is happening. It might be not happening.

California went back to lockdown this week.  It it scheduled to go to early next year.  The LA area has been hit especially bad.