RuPaul's Drag Race - All Stars 5

Elliott

17 minutes ago, Zoey said:

I feel as if the only ones leaving this season with redemption are Jujubee, Blair, Cracker and India (because of the very first episode). The rest were either lacklustre or a non-entity. 

Sis

16 hours ago, Deeee said:

All Stars 5 crashed in a way that I did not expect it to. Shea Couleé and Jujubee absolutely improved upon their legendary legacies. Alexis Mateo vs. India Ferrah was very fun! But something about this season is just so damn lackluster. I want to blame it on the terrible challenges.

I will take it over All-Stars 4 any day! I had a hard time finishing that after Manila left, and I found Blair, India and Cracker rootable at various points thoughout the season (in addition to Shea/Jujubee of course).

Edited by ~Tom~

AS5 had a strong first two episodes, as well as Snatch Game and last week's. Episodes 3-4 and 6 were pretty rough, though. If it has a good finale, it'll still probably be my second favourite All Stars season by default. :dead:

3 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

I will take it over All-Stars 4 any day! I had a hard time finishing that after Manila left, and I found Blair, India and Cracker rootable at various points thoughout the season (in addition to Shea/Jujubee of course).

The cast of All-Stars 4 was a slay! But between the elimination of Manila, bring back of Latrice, double crowning, two whole non-elimination episodes, some bad Trinity lip syncs, and the last three weeks being terrible challenges, AS4 flew off the rails. LOL. 

Edited by Deeee

Congrats to Shea. I saw it coming. Can’t say I’m not a little underwhelmed, the bf is in agreement. We were both Team Cracker and Jujubee respectively. 

I knew the final result thanks to King Tyra plastering it all over insta but I went looking anyway.

Very underwhelmed by the entire finale and winner. I found Shea to be more underwhelming than any other All Star winner. She didn’t live up to the hype created for her and paled in comparison to her original run. The only winners I would’ve been impressed with would’ve been Jujubee and Miz Cracker after the last few weeks. The season was just underwhelming in general and felt very thrown together at the last minute. No standout challenges, no amazing lip syncs, no returnee to slay and show how much they want it. 

Overall from the season

01. Jujubee

02. Miz Cracker

03. Alexis Mateo

04. India Ferrah

05. Blair St. Clair

06. Mariah

07. Mayhem Miller

08. Derrick Barry

09. Shea Coulee

10. Ongina

All Star winners

01. Alaska

02. Monet XChange

03. Trixie Mattel

04. Chad Michaels

05. Trinity The Tuck

06. Shea Coulee

01. Shea Couleé

02. Jujubee

03. Miz Cracker

04. Blair St. Clair

05. Mariah?

06. India Ferrah?

07. Mayhem Miller?

08. Ongina 💔

09. Derrick Barry

10. Alexis Mateo

01. Shea Couleé

02. Chad Michaels

03. Alaska

04. Monét X Change

05. Trinity the Tuck

06. Trixie Mattel

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

I knew the final result thanks to King Tyra plastering it all over insta but I went looking anyway.

Very underwhelmed by the entire finale and winner. I found Shea to be more underwhelming than any other All Star winner. She didn’t live up to the hype created for her and paled in comparison to her original run. The only winners I would’ve been impressed with would’ve been Jujubee and Miz Cracker after the last few weeks. The season was just underwhelming in general and felt very thrown together at the last minute. No standout challenges, no amazing lip syncs, no returnee to slay and show how much they want it. 

Overall from the season

01. Jujubee

02. Miz Cracker

03. Alexis Mateo

04. India Ferrah

05. Blair St. Clair

06. Mariah

07. Mayhem Miller

08. Derrick Barry

09. Shea Coulee

10. Ongina

All Star winners

01. Alaska

02. Monet XChange

03. Trixie Mattel

04. Chad Michaels

05. Trinity The Tuck

06. Shea Coulee

This comment for all time. 💯

Overall thoughts:

I’m so glad Shea won - her level of drag is exceptional. She exhibited a great deal of grace and talent this season, and I’m so excited to see what she does next.

A little sad for Juju. I felt she had the least chance (Shea with more fan support and Cracker with more wins) but that should never have been the case because overall, I think she’s been consistently the strongest this season. I think last week was her only slight mishap but even then she picked it up and did well. She makes amazing TV and her look last night was gorgeous. If I had to have a double crowning, this would have been my ideal finish.

Cracker may not be my favourite but my opinion improved on her from Season 10. I feel like she gave a mostly good showing in the season and glad she got to come back and have that better arc.

Unfortunately, while I’m thrilled with the result, I’m disappointed by the season. I thought it just seemed poorly put-together and much more could have been done with it. The twist was a nice change, and I like the voting aspect a lot, but I don’t think I have a need to see lip-sync assassins again. There were definitely flaws to the system, as would happen when it’s a completely new idea, but glad with some of the faces we got to see back. Saying that, I’m probably in the minority here when I say I love the voting. I love the idea of alliances and going after the biggest threat. It sucks to see queens get/almost get Manila’d but also, I respect the nerve! Give me a season where everyone’s cutthroat and playing to win, many may say it’s not Drag Race but hey, I’m all for a season of strategy. :dead:

As for the cast outside the top 3, I was mostly underwhelmed. I would have liked a comeback challenge, only just to see more of Derrick, Ongina and Mariah even if they didn’t make it through. Derrick only lasting one episode this season is truly a robbery. Mayhem was someone I really thought could have stepped it up and has the drive to compete, and yet I was kinda overwhelmed. I enjoyed the India/Alexis drama! I liked India doing the absolute most, messy queens like that are always fun, and I thought Alexis had a strong run. Blair impressed me at first, unfortunately as time went on I lost her. I would have been intrigued to see the competition in the past AS format where she and Alexis probably would have had wins.

Whoops this was long :haha: TLDR; super happy with the result, just a little underwhelmed by the season. At this stage I do wish they took a little break from All-Stars to really get a clean format together (although word on the street seems to suggest this won’t be the case...). Condragulations Shea! ❤️