Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Kaoh Rong)

Deeee

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

lol I wasn’t talking about that one initially, but yes, that season is my default last place. The two I was talking about were Thailand and Ghost Island. The only two seasons I actually stopped watching partway through.

I don't know how we completed Thailand. It was truly like stubbing your toe repeatedly.

THOUGHTS ON SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND

Survivor_Redemption_Island_logo.png

Trash. Gutter trash. Horrid. Bad television. Redemption Island is a terrible twist and ruined this season. Rob Mariano winning ruined the season, considering the entire season was skewed unfairly his way. The entire cast was some shade of unlikable, intolerable, idiotic, and downright stupid. This season felt like 39 days of "Let's crown Rob Mariano the winner already." His self-righteousness was over-the-top, but considering how stupid his competition was, can you blame him? A bunch of star-struck borewhores that offered nothing to the game. 

The season was useless. Worthless. No other thoughts. Please do not take my rankings seriously because I could care less about all of them. Only the top three even made a slight positive impression on me.

CAST RANKING

1. Francesca Hogi - First boot icon. Period. She won the season by distancing herself from it before anybody else could!

2. Andrea Boehlke - Sweet girl. At least had a mind of her own, but she decided to actually become a player way too late in the game. But I enjoyed her personality and her confessionals. She tried? LOL.

3. Stephanie Valencia - A fun b*tchy character that clearly wanted to give something to this season, but wound up on the wrong side of the numbers. Her intense energy and a brain of her own made her instantly better than most anybody else on this cast!

4. Julie Wolfe - The absolutely b*tchy Final Tribal Council speech, poorly hiding the swim trunks, the actually sad story about losing her home during the massive economic recession of the time. At least she left an impression on me? But she was also low-key annoying.

5. Mike Chiesl - Attractive. But bland. 

6. Ralph Kiser - The man sweater was too much for me across all of those episodes.

7. Steve Wright - An "I don't see color" joke.

8. David Murphy - An annoying joke. But at least he tried to take out Sarita? IDK. Poor proposal joke.

9. Ashley Underwood - A mindless joke. 

10. Kristina Kell - LOL at how horribly she played this game. A joke.

11. Krista Klumpp - Only memorable for having a pink Bible. At least she befriended Stephanie. A joke.

12. Phillip Sheppard - Insufferable. I cannot even find him entertaining because he is just toxically insufferable. LOL. An insufferable joke.

13. Matt Elrod - Non-stop mentions of God, faith, religion, God, God, God, God. Redemption Island being his home for the entire experience was far less entertaining than the producers thought it was. A losing joke.

14. Sarita White - A whiny, obnoxious joke.

15. Grant Mattos - Who? The white guy with the dreads? A culturally appropriating joke.

16. Rob Mariano - His win was handed to him in a pathetic manner. A returning joke.

17.  Russell Hantz - Watching him bawl like a baby was so much fun. A returning joke.

18. Natalie Tenerelli - A joke. 

MY FAVORITE MOMENT

tumblr_mgknt2I5WU1qdrj7go3_500.gif

SEASON RANKING

1. Pearl Islands 

2. Borneo

3. Heroes vs. Villains

4. Panama - Exile Island

5. China

6. Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites

7. The Amazon

8. Palau

9. Vanuatu

10. Gabon

11. Guatemala

12. Africa

13. Tocantins

14. Samoa

15. The Australian Outback

16. Cook Islands

17. Marquesas

18. Nicaragua

19. Fiji

20. All-Stars

21. Thailand

22. Redemption Island

WINNER RANKING

1. Sandra Diaz-Twine (PI)

2. Sandra Diaz-Twine (HvV) 

3. Todd Herzog

4. Yul Kwon

5. Parvati Shallow

6. Aras Baskauskas

7. Tom Westman

8. Tina Wesson

9. Danni Boatwright

10. Jenna Morasca

11. James "JT" Thomas Jr.

12. Vecepia Towery

13. Ethan Zohn

14. Chris Daugherty

15. Natalie White

16. Earl Cole

17. Rob Mariano

18. Amber Brkich-Mariano
19. Jud "Fabio" Birza

20. Brian Heidik

21. Richard Hatch

22. Robert "Bob" Crowley

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

South Pacific :wub:

I prefer it to RI and OW at least. :haha:

Spoiler warning for Dee so he doesn't see this in his thread

Despite my love for Sophie, I don't really find myself enjoyable the season nonetheless. She was too under-edited at the expense of Coach and Ozzy, two players I've never really cared for.

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I prefer it to RI and OW at least. :haha:

Spoiler warning for Dee so he doesn't see this in his thread

Hide contents

Despite my love for Sophie, I don't really find myself enjoyable the season nonetheless. She was too under-edited at the expense of Coach and Ozzy, two players I've never really cared for.

Every Survivor fan has a sh*tty season they still love and SP is mine :haha:. It’s not even about my love for that player. The dark religious stuff is Survivor at its most compelling. “And Then There Were Five” is up there as one of the best episodes ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

Every Survivor fan has a sh*tty season they still love and SP is mine :haha:. It’s not even about my love for that player. The dark religious stuff is Survivor at its most compelling. “And Then There Were Five” is up there as one of the best episodes ever.

+1

SoPa is one of my favorite seasons in the 20s. I don’t understand why it’s lumped with the other garbage seasons around that time, it’s much more interesting and held my attention throughout