Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

15 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Yeah if Booksmart was nominated I'd be throwing hands right now lol.

14 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I would probably have a meltdown of the same caliber as the infamous Dee Quits the Music Rankdown meltdown. :dead:

noted the office GIF

JK. :giggle: 

maleficent-520d975dc74d9.png

66f09e110f7a4dd44c765d804f61c3ff.gif

First of all, I thought Steven's nominations were flawless and that's the tea on that. And second of all, I was considering saving this movie so Steven can be the one cutting as I know that he dislike the movie - I would love to read his rant, on it. But with that being, I am the one cutting it - the movie stars Angelina Jolie, Sharlot Copley, Imelda Staunton, Sam Riley, and Elle Fanning. As we can expect, the movie is inspired by Sleeping Beauty, and it portrays its story through the  point of view of Maleficent who is one of the most iconic villain. When it comes to the movie, I am more indifferent than anything - there was nothing interesting & new to the storyline of the movie. However, we all love Maleficent and I feel that the majority of people had higher expectations for the movie based on the namesake alone, which didn't turned out well for the movie - I will say that I thought Angelina did a decent job as Maleficent but nothing too special. And now, the movie is out as we all know that Steven would want this movie to be cut.

SAVING: BOOK CLUB #IDRC

• Like 1

Get Him To The Greek

giphy.gif

Here is a secret. I've never seen Get Him To The Greek before. I now know where this iconic gif is from now so this rankdown was good for something. I saved Power Rangers because nostalgia is one hell of a drug and I honestly feel it wasn't that bad. Okay, back to the movie that I cut. Get Him to the Greek is a 2010 American comedy film written, produced and directed by Nicholas Stoller. The main stars of the movie are Russell Brand and Jonah Hill. The film is a spin-off sequel of Forgetting Sarah Marshall which was released in 2008. I never knew it was a spin-off sequel to that movie either. You learn something new everyday. Russell Brand plays Aldous Snow who is a rock star whose star has faded. We first met him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Johan Hills plays Aaron Green who is a record company employee. The premise of the movie is to get Aldous Snow to play at the Greek Theatre on the tenth anniversary of a performance there in 1999. it was an idea suggested by Aaron Green. I'm sure there are adventures, laughs, ups and downs along the way. The movie also starred Elizabeth Moss, Rose Byrne, Sean "Diddy" Combs and Colm Meaney. Get Him to the Greek has an approval rating of 72% on Rotten Tomatoes and was profitable at the box office. I've never seen it so it was an easy choice among the nominees. That and I don't like Russell Brand. #Oops

Save: Power Rangers

source.gif

Ted 2

I’ve got a headache I’m waiting on to go away so once it does I’ll make this write up better as well. Ted 2 is the sequel to Ted (duh) and while the first one is surprisingly “ok” (I say that with the most okay-ist of okays) the second one is like humor for only high school boys. Which makes sense because that’s basically how Seth MacFarlane made all his $$$$$ off Family Guy. Just reading the summary on Wikipedia this movie is so incredibly dumb. DUMB. It starts out with Ted trying to find a sperm donor for his human girlfriend and then ultimately trying to be recognized as a human and not a toy. Like I said humor for high school boys. Like the stereotypical straight ones. Not the cool gay ones I was friends with in high school.

Saving: Bumblebee since Victoria saves Power Rangers lol

Edited by totes4totes

X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Dark_Phoenix_(film).png

At this point they should stop trying to adapt this storyline to film lmao. I like the idea of the X-Men (at its best it can tap into a very primal us vs them debate and the role evolution has on the future of humanity) but they the movies tend to be very hit or miss; and when they miss, they don’t just miss the target, they shoot themselves in the face. Evidence of this is X-Men 3 and this piece of sh!t. The worst part is that you have a good ensemble of actors that look like morons for taking part in this. Anyway, it will have a reboot at some point (bc superhero movies lol) but hopefully this gets forgotten by everyone.

Save: whoever i said it was 

Gringo

GringoPoster.jpeg

Ted is the lucky winner and gets saved. Probably because I have seen Gringo. (probably with movie pass, I miss movies so much). Despite seeing this movie I do not remember it in the slightest. Which is sad. Let's see. I probably saw it because Charlize Theron was in it. Oddly enough, despite really liking Westworld, I do not remember Thandie Newton's role in it. Huh. Normally I am better about things like this. It came out back in 2018. It's an American comedy. It made about 11 million. That does not sound too promising but it honestly depends on how much it cost to make. Eh. Underwhelming movie deserves underwhelming write up. 

Saving Ted 

Edited by aliasocfan

2 hours ago, aliasocfan said:

Gringo

GringoPoster.jpeg

Ted is the lucky winner and gets saved. Probably because I have seen Gringo. (probably with movie pass, I miss movies so much). Despite seeing this movie I do not remember it in the slightest. Which is sad. Let's see. I probably saw it because Charlize Theron was in it. Oddly enough, despite really liking Westworld, I do not remember Thandie Newton's role in it. Huh. Normally I am better about things like this. It came out back in 2018. It's an American comedy. It made about 11 million. That does not sound too promising but it honestly depends on how much it cost to make. Eh. Underwhelming movie deserves underwhelming write up. 

Saving Ted 

New and improved with the enough words and a picture 😍