Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

8 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I say Just Mercy or Eddie the Eagle. Both very good movies, but not iconic like the others still remaining.

that's why I wanted to do but then I saw Taron and Michael B. Jordan starred in them 😔

Just now, .Rei said:

that's why I wanted to do but then I saw Taron and Michael B. Jordan starred in them 😔

I know, this whole nomination set is bad. But those are the two least impactful of the group. You're on the right track imo. 🤎

Eddie The Eagle

Eddie_the_Eagle_poster.png

tumblr_pjbvhkenGH1vl91kpo3_500.gifv

Ideally I wouldn't be cutting a movie with Taron Egerton or Michael B. Jordan cause they're always a nice sight for my eyes. Also a trio with both of them would be pretty nice too 🙊. But to avoid cutting someone else's favorite I'm gonna cut the movies with the lowest score on Metacritic of 54. 

Eddie The Eagle is a biographical sports comedy-drama about Michael Edwards, a British skier who in 1988 became the first one to represent Great Britain in Olympic ski jumping since 1928, 60 years later. To be honest with you all, I didn't know this film existed and I feel ashamed to say it cause I'm a huge Taron fan. The cast of th movie included: Taron Egerton, Hugh Jackman, Christopher Walken, Iris Berben and Mark Benton. The movie received good reviews and a 82% from Rotten Tomatoes. The movie only grossed 46.1M with a budget of 23M, so at least it made back some of the money.  I should check this movie sometimes. And @Alex95, don't let Elliott nominate again 🙂

Saving BPM (Beats per Minute) because it is one of the best LGTBQ movies ever made that shouldn't have been nominated in the first place or ever!!!!

Edited by .Rei

4 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Nobody should have to freaking tell you to not nominate a movie that has like above a 70% on rotten tomatoes at this point to don’t try to push off blame when people get mad at you for not PMing you a list of like 700 movies. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

And I haven’t seen 16 of the 18 movies I nominated. Most of them I haven’t even heard of.

4 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Why join a rankdown if you are just going to randomize your first set of noms.

or rather. Why not just let your turn pass by? This is so incredibly stupid and I’m so disappointed in you!

?? I pretty much always do that at the start because I have trouble narrowing down 890 titles to just 18.

K.

Just Mercy

Just-Mercy-Michael-B-Jordan.jpeg

Well I didn’t lose any favourites on this round so bless my luck lol. But I have to cut something and well, this was the first suggestion I got 😬 Just Mercy is a legal drama (based on a true story for anyone that cares about that)  that tells the story of Walter McMillian, who, with the help of young defense attorney Bryan Stevenson, appeals his murder conviction. It was directed by Destin Daniel Cretton and stars  Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Foxx, Rob Morgan, Tim Blake Nelson, Rafe Spall, Karan Kendrick and Brie Larson. Foxx got a nod at the SAGs for his role. Anyway, I will throw myself in front of a car for cutting a film with Brie Larson, but something has to go.

Save: The Revenant 

2 minutes ago, .Rei said:

The Revenant, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Irishman are movies that although critically acclaimed, I just have no desire to watch them

Same.

I do want to watch the Irishman but I have to devote an entire afternoon to it so it’s been getting put off.

5 minutes ago, .Rei said:

The Revenant, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Irishman are movies that although critically acclaimed, I just have no desire to watch them

I’ve seen two of those, and I wasn’t fan of either.

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Leo should've won the Oscar for The Wolf of Wall Street so then they wouldn't have felt they had to give him the Oscar for The Revenant

tumblr_otkbqtf8CF1qf0x4io1_250.gifv

Facts. It was more like a you’ve paid your dues Oscar than a deserved one.

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Facts. It was more like a you’ve paid your dues Oscar than a deserved one.

The are far more deserving actors and actresses that are deserving of an Oscar and haven't yet like Amy Adams for instance.

• Like 1