Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

18 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Yikes, you all (well not everyone) cutting Denise's favorites like that. 😐 Esp. As she goes out of her way leaving people's faves alone.

I left Marie alone for her. She is the sweetest we know and I appreciate her!

Pongo (101 Dalmations)
walt disney animation studios dog GIF by Disney

I’m at my moms house picking up the baby so I’m going to try to get this out of the way. Pongo is a main character from 101 Dalmations, but of the four characters left he is definitely my least favorite. I feel like 101 Dalmations is one of those movies that I remember loving as a kid, but when I watched it recently with the baby it wasn’t as great as I remembered. Cruella is still an iconic villain, but I feel like the movie itself bored me a little bit (honestly, Aristocats was kind of the same :blushingwave: But Marie is still also iconic so she stays for the time being).

Pongo is tired of being a bachelor, so he goes on the hunt to find partners for both himself and his master, Roger. Both Pongo and Perdita and Anita and Roger fall in love. They have 15 puppies of their own, which wind up being kidnapped by Cruellas henchman. They go on a journey to rescue them. Along with their biological puppies they wind up adopting 84 others that were kidnapped by Cruella. They travel home with Pongo keeping count of the pups. They ultimately get home safely, and move to a larger home (Dalmation Plantation if you will).

Save: Sebastian 
the little mermaid disney GIF

3 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

I left Marie alone for her. She is the sweetest we know and I appreciate her!

Aww okay. :hug: 

2 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Denise nominated all my faves the last round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Deeee said:

exactly!

I understand. She never intentionally targets anyone favorites. But i know she changed her cut of a character she doesn't care about for you two earlier the cycle....so the Thumper cut (one of her biggest faves) would be hard on her. :(  But I know you all got such different favorites so the game will be tough at this point. :( 

21 hours ago, NGM said:

idk if valid but

save Nick Wilde

cut Thumper?

21 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

That is valid, but slightly not nice to Denise haha

21 hours ago, NGM said:

save Nick

cut Tod?

21 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Denise, I take full responsibility if you prefer Tod to Thumper haha. 

I love them both, but Thumper is my actual favorite so thanks for trying to protect him and to Nico as well for changing the cut.  :(  This was really sweet to see. 😢 :hug: 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Deeee said:

@*Wallace these are all huge faves of mine she nominated. :dead:

:unsure:  I only nominate characters I am least attached to, as I assume we all do.  You have also nominated characters I love from the beginning, but I accept it as us having opposite favorites, so it is what it is.  I don't know why I have to be called out and made to feel bad with my nominations every single round....  I always feel I have to leave this thread in fear of getting hate whenever I post noms of characters I don't care as much for. I don't want to make this dramatic or too deep, but I honestly get terrible anxiety from the things some of you say and how you make me feel so awful just for having different opinions.

20 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Denise nominated all my faves the last round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, Deeee said:

exactly!

19 hours ago, NGM said:

this, and I changed my cut to be as accommodating as I could

I'm going to assume these are exaggerations because I doubt I nominated all of anyone's favorites and if so, I'm sorry, but I don't know everyone's entire list of top favorites, and even if I did.... I can't avoid everyone else's favorites or I'd have to nominate only my own (and most of you are already doing that). :( :unsure: I do know I left Mama Imelda alone and nominated a character I like instead.

It's sad to see a lot of characters I love cut this round, but I was not upset with anyone or offended by it, as I know we have different preferences. However, bringing up my previous noms and the gang up of accusations makes me feel that it was all done in spite (aside from Nico, who clearly changed the cut for me and was very kind to do so) and like I am being punished for being a horrible person with my nominations, even though you all target my favorites every time too. My noms are still never personal, and I will give the benefit of the doubt that none of this was either, but it's hard to feel otherwise when my literal favorite character is cut and then followed up with posts like these. 

1 minute ago, miss denise said:

I'm going to assume these are exaggerations because I doubt I nominated all of anyone's favorites and if so, I'm sorry, but I don't know everyone's entire list of top favorites, and even if I did.... I can't avoid everyone else's favorites or I'd have to nominate only my own (and most of you are already doing that). :( :unsure: I do know I left Mama Imelda alone and nominated a character I like instead.

It's sad to see a lot of characters I love cut this round, but I was not upset with anyone or offended by it, as I know we have different preferences. However, bringing up my previous noms and the gang up of accusations makes me feel that it was all done in spite (aside from Nico, who clearly changed the cut for me and was very kind to do so) and like I am being punished for being a horrible person with my nominations, even though you all target my favorites every time too. My noms are still never personal, and I will give the benefit of the doubt that none of this was either, but it's hard to feel otherwise when my literal favorite character is cut and then followed up with posts like these. 

my noms are never personal either! but don't nominate many of my favorites and then expect me to comb through the rankdown to try and figure out what other favorites are to avoid them!

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

my noms are never personal either! but don't nominate many of my favorites and then expect me to comb through the rankdown to try and figure out what other favorites are to avoid them!

That is good to know. I don't know what this means, as I never said anything about expecting you to find favorites and avoid them. :unsure: I expect them to be nominated because we have different preferences and that is fine. But I can also expect some respect for a difference of opinion, which I do not always feel from people in this game. 

8 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Precisely. My noms are not personal unless I make it known that they are personal. @miss denise my post is not even addressed to you but instead to @*Wallace who I felt like was trying to make us feel bad in a game that he is not playing and for decisions that were not in an attempt to hurt your feelings? Nothing would have been addressed had he not jumped in here and accused all of doing something wrong against you when that was not even the case?

I nominated before you and could not get back at you for your nominations if I wanted to. To be completely honest, he is painting it out like you did not nominate anybody's favorites, which is contrary to the truth, and only the rest of us acted against you. It sucks that your favorites were cut this round, particularly Thumper since I did that. But the game is getting hard and we are down to the wire here. We also just have very different tastes so our nominations are bound to disappoint one another.

Edited by Deeee

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Precisely. My noms are not personal unless I make it known that they are personal. @miss denise my post is not even addressed to you but instead to @*Wallace who I felt like was trying to make us feel bad in a game that he is not playing and for decisions that were not in an attempt to hurt your feelings? Nothing would have been addressed had he not jumped in here and accused all of doing something wrong against when you when that was not even the case?

I nominate before you and could not get back at you for your nominations if I wanted to. To be completely honest, he is painting it out like you did not nominate anybody's favorites, which is contrary to the truth, and only the rest of us acted against you. It sucks that your favorites were cut this round, particularly Thumper since I did that. But the game is getting hard and we are down to the wire here. We also just have very different tastes so our nominations are bound to disappoint one another.

Okay. Wally is only standing up for me because he knows how terrible the comments in here make me feel every time I nominate and completely ruin any fun I have of playing a game. He knows how much I struggle with nominations and the fear that people are going to hate me for it (which comes out in the comments nearly every time) He knows that I have avoided nominating characters like David and Lock Shock and Barrel (who other rankers told me I should nominate), purely because I didn't want to upset their biggest fans. And he knows that I didn't nominate Mama Imelda this time and nominated a character I liked instead. I know I don't have to do any of this and don't expect any favors (which is why I have not announced this), but I only say it now as some examples of how I hate upsetting people, even though I know most of those same people won't hesitate to cut my favorites anyway.  It is solely me trying not to anger people because I care too much about what everyone else thinks and their feelings. 

I know I nominated characters some of you love because it is impossible to avoid. You all nominate characters I love too and have from the start, so I don't get why I must be continually called out when I don't criticize any of you. As I said, I accept the nominations because we have different favorites and don't take it personally or make the nominator feel like a horrible person because of it (which is literally how I feel every time).  Of course I'm sad seeing my favorites cut, but I did not feel it was personal until the follow-up comments made it seem so. However, Megan has now said it was not, so I will believe that. 

10 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

denise. neither dee or i said anything until wally came up and started talking. i said NOTHING except a joke of "what did i do to denise" when i saw the noms. if you are so hurt. take it to wally who started ALL OF THIS.

RT. Because I would have said nothing if Wally did not attempt to make me feel guilty for doing absolutely nothing besides play the game and make a save/cut.

Does Wally know that in addition to making good on my deal and showing you my noms/letting you remove a name, I also removed two additional characters I know you love without making you even ask for it? Just to be kind to you? And you have never extended that same kind of offer to me in the game, so that was me genuinely being kind to you.

None of the comments were personal against you, but made in self-defense against Wally who directly stated that we were doing something hurtful against you. That is not very fair imo.

I understand you hate upsetting people with nominations, but that is simply part of the game! And we should all be free to voice our opinions on losing favorite characters or having them all nominated, yourself included! I never personally attack you for your noms, and my comments never extend beyond anything more than just "I hate these nominations." 

Everybody came for me the entire game for nominating Wildcard choices repeatedly! :dead:

It even cost me my own favorite characters and came with comments, but I accept them and do not make people feel horrible for having a reaction.

I just do not think Megan, myself, or anybody should be made to feel bad/guilty for defending themselves against accusations that are not true nor fair.

Edited by Deeee