American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

LAUREN TURNER

Lauren Turner was featured on the 10th season of American Idol where she made it all the way to the semi-final round. She was known for being one of the best vocalist of the season, especially after her performance of “Seven Day Fool” which was pretty strong. The judges absolutely loved her performance and was praised for it; all of that meant nothing because she was eliminated the following night - she wasn’t even picked as a wildcats while other mediocre singers were chosen as wildcards. Since Idol, Lauren been active in the industry and still been looking for her big break, which is not in this rankdown as she is being cut due to simply being a semi-finalist.

SAVING: MADDIE POPPE

Just now, Alex95 said:

I'm confused over this lack of a round reset :dead: Are we waiting on Zoey or not?

Zoey removed Justin Guarini but Sola still went ahead and made a cut/save which I don’t think was fair to you since you were here first and waited but that’s just me.

3 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Zoey removed Justin Guarini but Sola still went ahead and made a cut/save which I don’t think was fair to you since you were here first and waited but that’s just me.

We should reset the round hen if you don't think it's fair.

Mario Vasquez

16241__mario_l.jpg&q=85

Tbh I like Mario, but I like Lilly, Tyanna, and Sabrina more so this is an easy cut for me to make. Mario was really talented and the cast of S4 could've really used him (along with Nikko, why wasn't Scott or Anthony cut in the semis???). He auditioned with "Whatever Happens". His voice is absolutely beautiful and it felt really current. I also liked all the cool hats he wore throughout the show. At the top 24 he sang "Do I Do". He had a lot of stage presence and sang it really well! His next two performances are "I Love Music" and "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart". After two fun, upbeat performances from him, it was nice to see a ballad the third week. All three semi performances were really strong and it's obvious why he was a lock for the top 12. But then he randomly quit the show and we got Nikko back. I do prefer Nikko so I'm glad we got more from him, but I'm sad it was at the expense of Mario. I'm trying to figure out why he left and there seems to be a lot of different tea out there. According to him, it was to do his own thing and make his own music. I don't buy that though. APPARENTLY he sexually harassed a production assistant and the PA got fired when he reported it and they kinda forced Vazquez off the show. If that's the truth, I feel better about this cut and wish I nominated him sooner. Mario is trash, justice for the PA!!!

Save Lily

Alex Preston

idol-2014-top-13-alex-preston-480x504.jp

Boyfriend of Jillian Jensen (vomit).  Alex auditioned for Season 13 of American Idol.  Honestly this season was very blah for me, he and was part of the reason is was blah.  He was a good singer, but his style and his song choices underwhelmed me.  In general I basically write off people who do originals during the lives of the shows.  I understand why they do it, but most of the time the originals are hot garbage.  In Alex's case I hated Fairytales.  I also disliked Don't Speak, Story of My Life and Pompeii.  He did had a couple I thought went over better like Falling Slow and Volcano (we all know I am a big Damien Rice fan), and surprisingly I liked his version of Stay.  He went home in third place.  That said, I am a hard eh on him so he can go.

Save: Hollie Cavanagh

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Also he was part of the icon #TeamNo vote with Jena.

I love watching production shenanigans come to a screeching halt :wub:

Though him trying to backpedal in the press about it afterward wasn't cute. At least Queena owned it being like "it's a competition and people need to go home 🙂"