American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

Jackie Tohn

AUDIO: Hear 'GLOW' Star Jackie Tohn Sing Robin Quivers a Sexy Song ...

How does one write 100 words about Jackie Tohn?  She is one of the memorable semifinalists from season 8.  She was in the first group of the semifinals.  She sang A Little Less Conversation by Elvis Presley.  It was basically meh.  Anyway she didn't advance to the finals.  She lost out on the female spot to Alexis Grace who rightfully advanced after having the best performance of the night.  Jackie was maybe the 6th best of the evening.  Either way, at least she didn't put out that hot garbage Taylor Swift performance that Stevie Wright put out on the same episode.  Jesus have I hit 100 words yet?

Save: Adriel

Kristen McNamara

EHNBJL6NQBFWRIGY7KBJFMRMLY.jpg

Kristen McNamara was a contestant on American Idol 8. Kristen made the Top 36 on this season where she sang "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman in Group 3. She was eliminated at this point in the competition and did not advance any further. She was a semi-finalist so I think this is a pretty fair cut considering. I'm really struggling to come up with 100 words for Kristen McNamara tbh. Before auditioning for American Idol, Kristen finished in sixth on the fourth season of Nashville Star. I've never watched Nashville Star, I just think that is where Miranda Lambert came from? I hope this is 100 words because I really don't have much else to say. I hope this cut doesn't offend anyone.

8 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I have several notes about your cuts :P  That said, you cut Camille, who shouldn't be cut from this group.  So noted too.

You’re right, she should have been cut like. Two rounds ago.

CAMILE VELASCO

927b33ee402b27e349c2aa003fc4451b.278x278haley-better-tour-photo-approved-smaller.jpg.jpeg

I'm not entirely convinced Haley Reinhart isn't just Camile Velasco under an assumed name.

Camile Velasco is one of the worst finalists in American Idol. A Hawaii native, Camile Velasco had the audacity to outlast Lisa Leuschner, Suzy Vulaca and Amy Adams.

drag race choices GIF by Rupauls Drag Race All Stars

Camile started her run off with Brian McKnight's One Last Cry in the semi-finals. An unimpressive, boring and average performance, it somehow managed to earn her a spot directly into the finals over Lisa Leuschner.

For Top 12 week, she delivered a horrible rendition of Son of a Preacher Man that she was somehow safe after.

For Top 11 week, she was even worse than before and covered Desperado by The Eagles. Imagine being a bottom three with Diana DeGarmo and Matt Rogers, and your survival is the most questionable aspect of that.

For Top 10 week, she made us all question America's sanity when they voted her through after that "rendition" of For Once in My Life. Yep, Camile Velasco earned enough votes to be in the Top 9 while LaToya London, Amy Adams and Jennifer Hudson were in the bottom three.

For Top 9 week, Camile Velasco delivered one of the worst American Idol performances to date with Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. To paraphrase Simon Cowell: "Somewhere in Los Angeles, a television has just been thrown from a hotel window. And in that hotel room, is where Sir Elton John was watching this episode." To paraphrase WhatNotToSing: "Goodbye Yellow Brick has an 8 in our database, and might still be overscored." The performance is no longer on YouTube, but the audio is still there if anyone is brave enough to listen to it.

To America's credit, they finally put Camile and the viewers out of our misery and eliminated her from the competition. This ultimately proved to be a curse, because Hawaii no longer could split their vote between Camile and Jasmine Trias. The result was Jasmine Trias having an entire timezone's worth of votes to herself and making it to the Top 3 over LaToya London 🙃

SAVE: Chris Richardson

image.jpeg.c2477982ee6fb6a36efb1285faa123cf.jpeg
Andrew Garcia

I’m confused how you guys have allowed him to make it this far. :whut:

Andrew was a contestant on the ninth season of American Idol. He made it alllll the way top nine after delivering mediocre performance after mediocre performance. The one performance I remember was his first performance during the semi-finals when he performed “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” by Fall Out Boy. He sucked the soul and life out of the song. He absolutely ruined a marvellous song and I wrote him off because of it. I think there were three guys who showcases their guitar playing on season nine (Lee, Casey and Andrew?) and he was by far the weakest. God knows how he outlasted Lacey, Paige and originally Michael. Goodbye!

Saving Katie 

Just now, Zoey0069 said:

God knows how he outlasted Paige

I mean I know Andrew wasn't that good, but you're surprised he managed to outlast her after her performance of Against All Odds?

Just now, Elliott said:

I mean I know Andrew wasn't that good, but you're surprised he managed to outlast her after her performance of Against All Odds?

She only had one terrible performance though. She had some pretty good ones and made the finals without anyone knowing who she was beforehand. I’d go with the underdog.

RJ Helton

latest?cb=20130504025352

The quality of this pic has me dying lmao. But I’m starting to regret cutting him bc I don’t know if I can come up with 100 words about him, but that’s true for almost everyone in season 1. However, I’m pretty proficient at speaking in circles without saying a damn thing, so we will exercise that wonderful ability in this write up. While I don’t remember him, he made it decently far, getting 5th on season 1. He performed a grand total of 7 times, yet my brain can’t remember them even with a gun pointed to my head. Oh well, better luck next rankdown? I doubt it’s gonna be the case but I doubt you have bring back potential lol. 

Save: Chikezie

AMANDA OVERMYER

overmyer_idol.jpg

I am indifferent when it comes to Lisa Tucker or Amanda Overmyer so I went with the one that would be easier to write about. What do I remember about Amanda Overmyer? She was on the 7th season of Idol, a season that is beloved by many. She was the resident rocker chick of the season where she started of strong with "Baby, Please Don't Go" to give us the trainwreck known as "Carry On Wayward Son" which she managed to survive and move onto the next round. The following week, she did a good version of "I Hate Myself For Loving You" and it worked out well for her. It was then time for "The Beatles" week where did decent with her first performance of "You Can't Do That" but it's quite unmemorable when I think about it now; I remember her performance of "Back In The U.S.S.R" more since it wasn't good. She finished in 11th place, missing out on tour; wasn't too bummed about it cause I don't care about her nor her music. No clue what she's up to nowadays but hopefully she's still being true to herself.

SAVING: LISA TUCKER