American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

1 hour ago, ~Tom~ said:

I remember your "that was...something" line about one of his performances like it was yesterday. :giggle: 

I never thought I'd see the day where I save Hollie though. Clearly it was the wrong choice though now that Casey's gone :/

Stephanie Edwards

American+Idol+Annual+Top+12+Party+Arriva

Stephanie Edwards was part of American Idol Season 6.  She was against some heavy hitter rnb singers in the same season.  She was the significantly less popular option.  You had Melinda, Jordan and LaKisha who were front and centre.  Stephanie, who stylistically was a little more different was not able to keep up despite having some good performances.  Her best was her performance of Sweet Thing.  However she was pretty strong as a whole in the semis.  I also liked her Top 12 performance of Love Hangover.  She then had an unmemorable performance of You Don't Have to say you love me.  This was enough to get her eliminated the following night.  She wasn't a big lose, but I think she had a couple more weeks in her.  

Save: Mandisa

16 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

Umm "Sweet Thing" was not Stephanie's best performance.

While she did lose her way after a while (I think she could've made it further if she committed to the "fun diva" role), she was 100% robbed of a spot on tour. 

I have seen great performances of that song.  This was the least remarkable version.  

38 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I have seen great performances of that song.  This was the least remarkable version.  

I'd say Stephanie's version easily outdoes Gabby's (decent vocal but nowhere near as much personality as Stephanie's). What other versions have you seen?

3 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

I'd say Stephanie's version easily outdoes Gabby's (decent vocal but nowhere near as much personality as Stephanie's). What other versions have you seen?

(I know Elliott will have something to say 😘 ) 

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rdhaley96 said:

🙂

Here is a runner up from Australian Idol.

And the best version I have ever seen, done by one of the Canadian Idol winners. Who did it both acoustically and with a band (which was really the highlight of the season)

• Like 1