American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

36 minutes ago, Elliott said:

W H Y are we acknowledging Eva? 🤮

Also this feels a good as any to inform anyone who doesn’t know that Melissa O’Neil, whose coronation single still slaps, is on ABC’s The Rookie after Idol as a major character.

44 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Also this feels a good as any to inform anyone who doesn’t know that Melissa O’Neil, whose coronation single still slaps, is on ABC’s The Rookie after Idol as a major character.

Chris and I were talking about that the other day

• Like 1

Ada Vox

ADA-VOX-1-Photo-via-Facebook.jpg

Ada Vox was a contestant on American Idol 16 which I hardly remember and it was the first time American Idol was on another network other than FOX which was ABC. Ada Vox previously competed on American Idol 12 as Adam Sanders so Ada has competed on the show twice and on different networks. Iconic? Kind of. Adam Sanders auditioned as his drag persona, Ada Vox. Ada made the Top 24 that season after she sang "Creep" by Radiohead at the Showcase Round. I liked that performance but that was probably the last time I would like Ada. The judges tried to push Ada so much and I knew America was not going to be here for it so I never got attached. Great singer but there was a disconnect. She got worse as the season progressed imo. It became a shouting match. Her "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone performance? It was alright. It was when she sang "Defying Gravity" by Idina Menzel & Kristen Chenoweth with Lea Michele that I knew it wasn't going to work. Lea outshone her every which way. Lea was singing and Ada was shouting. This was during the Top 24 and and the judges sent her through. I knew the judges were going to send her through and every opportunity   This format was a mess. For Top 14 she sang "The Show Must Go Own" by Queen and America felt the same way because they did not vote her through. She sang "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" by Jennifer Holliday after America didn't pick her as one of the Top 6 to be apart of the Top 10 and the judges sent her through again. Adam made it to the Top 10 and to Disney night and that's good for her. She sang "Circle of Life" by Elton John and again America denied her. America was never going to be here for her and the judges tried to make her happen, they tried to pimp her, they tried to overpraise her like she was Jacob Lusk and Joshua Ledet all rolled into one. American said no and she left Top 10 week having never been approved by America. America was not ready for a drag queen to on Idol but I would like to think that would day they would and I would like to think it would be a better one with a better voice than Ada Vox.

I just watched clips for the second Hawaii show. And damn, I kinda feel bad for this season because there are a lot of talented contestants and the show is getting delayed and might have a shitty live show :dead:

Anyway, I liked these people from this episode:

Dillon James (a whole snacc damn!)

Julia Gargano (perfect song choice omfg? her flub was eek but other than that she delivered)

Sophia Wackerman (sassy lil bitch luv it)

Kimmy Gabriela (amazing voice. I'm sure @Elliott loves her song choice).

Makayla Phillips (wow another song choice Elliott would love!)

Arthur Gunn (great tone and I love me some reggae)

Between the two country girls with this awful twist imo: I think they both deserve to go thru ( @*Chris will be shocked :giggle:) but I prefer Grace more for obvious reasons.

Also, Shannon Gibbons ❤️ when she started singing SML(TYNL) I really thought it was Adele until I looked at my screen :dead: WTF at them not putting her thru!

@vee_ I agree with everything you said, though I’m not really a Dillon fan at the moment. I like his voice and the songs he picks though so we’ll see. However, I do think he’s the front winner to win atm.

Also Arthur does nothing for me. I liked his audition but the more I see of him, the more grating his tone is to me. I think if we’re only advancing 4-5 guys to the Top 10, he’s not one of them for me.

Regarding Ada; there’s a ton of potential if she would not try to outdo the originals and not try to sing all the overdone songs in the playbook. She needs to learn how to control her voice the same Alex Newell did - Ada doing Alex’s cover of “If I Were A Boy” would have been amazing, or Titus’ version of Poor Unfortunate Souls. 

Just now, 1234567890 said:

I mean like I wanted tea. :dead:

Oh. Here's what I remember:

-Someone dug through Maddie's likes on Twitter once and saw she liked a bunch of tweets from a Conservative pundit who had posted transphobic things (but Maddie didn't like those tweets). Maddie then started arguing on Twitter with people who asked her about it, and Ada stepped in to be like MADDIE IS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS. SHE HAS NO ISSUE WITH GAY OR TRANS PEOPLE, AND YOU ARE ALL DRAGGING HER FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

-Then late last year, Cade tweeted something about Gabby's single and basically said his wife was the only successful one from the season/the rightful winner. Maddie got upset and said it was rude to say that considering they were all friends. Cade then re-posted his tweet but tied it into Jesus being responsible for Gabby's success, so then Catie got involved with the drama and taking Maddie's side. Then Ada started subtweeting Cade and Gabby in everyone's posts about it on Twitter on Instagram.