American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

HEEJUN HAN

heejun_heejun_1518139582_1.jpg

Me to America after the Top 10 results show when HeeJun was safe and Erika was eliminated:

choices GIF

HeeJun is a "singer" from the eleventh season of American Idol. I have fond memories of most of that cast, but HeeJun is not a part of it. He was terrible and was by far one of all-time least favourite Idol contestants. Even a friendship with Phillip Phillips couldn't make me like him! His Top 25 performance was terrible. His Top 13 performance was terrible. His Top 11 performance was one of the worst things I've ever had to listen to (but still better than Jessica's Turn the Beat Around performance, eek). His Top 10 performance was a joke. His Top 9 performance was mediocrity at its best, but of course because he sucked every week up to that, the judges felt inclined to give him a standing ovation for that. Remember how JLo leapt out of her seat after his Top 9 performance and reluctantly gave Queen Testownage a standing ovation after Whole Lotta Love? I remember. 🙂 Anyway, HeeJun was finally eliminated at ninth place, finally ending his reign of terror after robbing Erika Van Perfection the week before. C H O I C E S.

JULIA DEMATO

julia-demato-0220bfcb-f3f4-455c-9028-c93

Who? No, seriously. Who? Who is this woman? Are we sure she exists? Are we sure she was on American Idol? We are? Okay, good. All I remember about Julia is that she had some rivalry with Kim Caldwell in S2's Hollywood week, and as a Kim Caldwell stan, who I sided with should be obvious. 😘 And also that whenever she performed on Idol, I was worried she was going to eat the microphone. Calm down sis. She was one of the many unfortunate finalists that year who had a decent semi-finals performance and then didn't deliver once in the finals - which is the story for about 75% of the people in S2's Top 12. She made it to tenth, so she was guaranteed a spot on tour, which was unfortunate. Vanessa deserved to last longer than her and Charles at the very least. I think her highlight was Son of a Preacher Man. For some reason, I remember her doing that performance, but I can't remember if it's because it was her best performance or her worst performance.

KEVIN COVAIS

MV5BNGU4YThjYzAtYWZiYS00ODMxLWJiNjktOTQ5

Imagine voting Kevin into the finals over Gedeon McKinney, and then letting Kevin outlast Melissa McGhee. (Not that her performance of Lately was all that good, but it was still better than Kevin, Ace and Kellie's performances that night.) Again - CHOICES. Kevin was from the fifth season, a season that I wasn't a fan of to begin with, so there were many questionable decisions made that year. Anyway, looking at his performances, I'm not seeing anything that was all that good. His best performance was probably his last performance of Nat King Cole's When I Fall in Love, which is amusing when you think of it. Since he placed 11th, he didn't get to go on tour.

DEXTER ROBERTS

dexter roberts goodbye GIF by American Idol

I was torn between him and Katie, but I ultimately went with Katie because Dexter made me suffer through him twice. Sorry, @*Wallace! Dexter is apart of the thirteenth season, which is reason enough to cut him this early, and made it all the way to 7th place. Somehow. Well, not somehow, since it was very obvious why. 😐 As a country singer, Dexter built up a fanbase I'm assuming, which was unfortunate since he performanced Cruise by Florida-Georgia Line. Yep, that's right. Someone willingly chose to sing a FGL song on American Idol. Truly the darkest timeline. After his elimination, Dexter got rocky mountain tick fever disease from hunting (another reason not to like him) and withdrew from tour. He returned years later on The Voice, and made it all the way to third place. I would say CHOICES, but this is the same show that let Sundance Head beat Billy Gilman, so I'm not surprised. Anyway, out he goes now and my four write-ups are done just like that.

SAVE: Katie Webber