Todd Tilghman Fan Thread

Summer Overby

9 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Were they reading this thread? 👀 She posted that after we have a discussion about falsetto in here. 

Anyway, that falsetto is indeed 🔥

I just hope however the "at home" recording is set up, he's not stuck to just one spot for his performance - Todd's got a lot of energy and he does best when he's able to utilize it to get people into what he's singing (which reminds me of my favorite from last season, but S17 had the live audience energy to feed off of and that's something Todd's not going to have).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I just hope however the "at home" recording is set up, he's not stuck to just one spot for his performance - Todd's got a lot of energy and he does best when he's able to utilize it to get people into what he's singing (which reminds me of my favorite from last season, but S17 had the live audience energy to feed off of and that's something Todd's not going to have).

Yeah we are robbed of seeing Todd performing live on big stage in live TV :kalancry: 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Were they reading this thread? 👀 She posted that after we have a discussion about falsetto in here. 

Anyway, that falsetto is indeed 🔥

Brooke mentioned on one of the livestreams that while Todd doesn't read IDF, she does. 😇

Say hi to Brooke y'all! 🤗

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Todd is fortunate to have an actual stage to perform in, now it's up to him to use that stage wisely. He has mentioned several times that he's naturally energetic and kinetic when he sings (just look at how much he kept moving at his livestreams despite sitting down), so I'm sure that side of him will come out in some capacity.

Also, are you referring to Will Breman when you were talking about your S17 favorite? Now there's an energetic performer. ❤️

Just now, mjdolorico said:

Todd is fortunate to have an actual stage to perform in, now it's up to him to use that stage wisely. He has mentioned several times that he's naturally energetic and kinetic when he sings (just look at how much he kept moving at his livestreams despite sitting down), so I'm sure that side of him will come out in some capacity.

Also, are you referring to Will Breman when you were talking about your S17 favorite? Now there's an energetic performer. ❤️

I hope so.

As for Will, I've watched a couple of his livestreams on Instagram and he's so mellow compared to the Will we saw on TV; it's an interesting contrast. Todd's also more mellow when he's on camera but not singing, but it's not as sharp of a contrast as with Will.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I hope so.

As for Will, I've watched a couple of his livestreams on Instagram and he's so mellow compared to the Will we saw on TV; it's an interesting contrast. Todd's also more mellow when he's on camera but not singing, but it's not as sharp of a contrast as with Will.

OT, but yeah, being on The Voice really brought out the extroverted side of Will. ❤️ It was a joy to watch, but I do prefer this mellower, more introspective side of Will. 

Todd on the other hand, has always been boisterous and jokey, especially with his wife on his livestreams, but he does have a serious, conversational side, which no doubt came from his experiences as a pastor.

Edited by mjdolorico

Even though I think Thunderstorm did the best tonight, Todd was a really close second - for a night where there were some questionable song choices and only one per team gets voted through, those were (to me) the two clearest PV earners tonight. Well done to both.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Even though I think Thunderstorm did the best tonight, Todd was a really close second - for a night where there were some questionable song choices and only one per team gets voted through, those were (to me) the two clearest PV earners tonight. Well done to both.

The opener and closer getting the PV.....Love to see it happen! ❤️

Blake's glowing comments were very encouraging as well.

• Like 3

Just watched his performance, it was a solid closing performance, his voice sounded softer and warmer (?) than usual, idk why. 

His KO remains the best, but this performance is not far behind. 

Also genuinely thought he was going to open the show, he ended up getting the best spot instead :lmao:

Edited by Archanium
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Just watched his performance, it was a solid closing performance, his voice sounded softer and warmer (?) than usual, idk why. 

His KO remains the best, but this performance is not far behind. 

Also genuinely thought he was going to open the show, he ended up getting the best spot instead :lmao:

That's just the consequence of the live-to-tape format. I am willing to bet this performance will be even more explosive on a live stage.

• Like 1

Todd is lagging behind at Twitter and Instagram, which is to be expected since he's an older male Team Blake member, but his Facebook stats are excellent. Most views, reactions, comments AND shares. Will that point to a favorable outcome? We shall see.

Edited by mjdolorico

I checked out Blake's tweets of support for each of his contestants tonight. Todd's tweet leads the pack by a wide margin. The Team Blakers seem to be Team Todd too. Will that be enough? We shall see.

• Like 2

On the live last night, Todd kept emphasizing the fact that they have very little say on the song selection process, and that he apologizes to his fans if the song he selected this doesn't really fit his "brand".

Personally, I think a power ballad fits very well with his voice and style, and I enjoyed Glory of Love. What are your opinions on his song choice last night?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

#TeamTODD, the #HolyHoppers, the Toddfellows.....take your pick!

Hollyhoppers:lmao:

6 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

On the live last night, Todd kept emphasizing the fact that they have very little say on the song selection process, and that he apologizes to his fans if the song he selected this doesn't really fit his "brand".

Personally, I think a power ballad fits very well with his voice and style, and I enjoyed Glory of Love. What are your opinions on his song choice last night?

Imo, his song choice was one of the better ones last night. 

• Like 1