New Board Features Discussion

Rate this topic

On 1/23/2020 at 6:24 PM, Steven_ said:

Sometimes I get an error message saying “The requested URL was not found on this server“ while I’m browsing on mobile. Anyone else experiencing this?

I've never seen this error myself but if it's happening regularly, please let me know. Keep a log of what page you were on, and what page you were trying to go to when it happened. Send me the results in a PM after you've got a few of them.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Use an ad blocker. :haha:

Yeah I guess I'll have to get that on my phone. I don't know who over at Quicken Loans thought it was a good idea to have an ad that says Trump is on a roll and has a big red hat on there with other wording on it but congrats on associating your product with blatant racism I guess.

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah I guess I'll have to get that on my phone.

I don't know if it's available for Android, but I use AdGuard on my iPhone and it works perfectly fine. Even gives me the option to disable it on certain pages if I choose to. :haha: 

24 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I don't know if it's available for Android, but I use AdGuard on my iPhone and it works perfectly fine. Even gives me the option to disable it on certain pages if I choose to. :haha: 

I had to download a different browser to get it to work but it works now so that's good.

11 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Is there a way to stop seeing these Trump ads? Like I dont mind ads it's whatever but I could do without seeing his name every other ad.

@Tom may be able to edit the ads so they don't show stuff with "Trump" but I'm not sure. I did that at one point years ago with adsense when I didn't want to see certain ads. I try and not use adblocker so I can support IDF.

6 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Maybe it depends on where you live I donno but that's almost all I saw.

Most of the ads I see are local and don’t seem to be tied in any way to my search activity. It’s very random. Of course, there are also the Facebook ads, but I assume everyone is getting those. 

11 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I didn't see any Facebook ads.

It’s at the very top. It scrolls through a bunch of different ads, but Facebook is the  most frequent one. On my phone, I have to clear it out to see notifications. It’s annoying af, but I understand the reason for it, and can deal with it. 

15 hours ago, frederick said:

@Tom may be able to edit the ads so they don't show stuff with "Trump" but I'm not sure. I did that at one point years ago with adsense when I didn't want to see certain ads. I try and not use adblocker so I can support IDF.

I can try to block a particular add, however to do so I'll need to know what the ad was. If anyone sees an offensive advertisement send me a PM with a screenshot and I'll try to remove it. 

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s at the very top. It scrolls through a bunch of different ads, but Facebook is the  most frequent one. On my phone, I have to clear it out to see notifications. It’s annoying af, but I understand the reason for it, and can deal with it. 

I'm hoping somehow we can change the anchor ad to be at the bottom of the page rather than the top because it does block that website element.

18 hours ago, Tom said:

I'm hoping somehow we can change the anchor ad to be at the bottom of the page rather than the top because it does block that website element.

Ok I think we removed the top anchor ad on mobile so it should only appear at the bottom now.

18 hours ago, istersay said:

Is there a way to get a spoiler tag button thing? 🙏

I hope so. That would be a great feature to have here. Let me see what I can find.

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Ok I think we removed the top anchor ad on mobile so it should only appear at the bottom now.

I hope so. That would be a great feature to have here. Let me see what I can find.

m04127.gif