New Board Features Discussion

Rate this topic

After the forum came back up after the upgrade, there were still numerous background processes working away. One or more of them must have been related to post counts, as everyone is now showing the actual amount of posts they have on the site since the data loss we experienced. I had thought the original counts might've remained since that's what appeared when the current site came back up but apparently I was wrong. I'm sorry about that unfortunate change.

Everything else regarding your original accounts remained, including posts after the data loss, usernames, avatars, signatures, and private messages.

Since I noticed a few of you mention it, if anyone wants a username change just shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to update that for you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the forum came back up after the upgrade, there were still numerous background processes working away. One or more of them must have been related to post counts, as everyone is now showing the a

I just enabled Reactions (rating posts). You should see a heart icon to the bottom right of each post now (similar to Facebook). These will add to your reputation total which is one of the fields disp

OMG what happened? after all that time trying to preserve our accounts, we might as well have made new ones    

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Since I noticed a few of you mention it, if anyone wants a username change just shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to update that for you.

Just sent a PM! Thanks. ❤️

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Sent a PM as well! 

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Oh that’s great! I will be sending a PM thanks! 

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Thanks for letting us do this Tom! I've been wanting to change mine forever, so I just sent you a PM.

28 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Some of these new names are really throwing me off. :haha:  

Also, I noticed threads no longer have sub-titles. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif

I was never a huge fan of the subtitles. You can hover over a thread title to get a preview though (at least on desktops). 

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

Some of these new names are really throwing me off. :haha:  

Also, I noticed threads no longer have sub-titles. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif

lmaoo Yes, same. It' has me shook already. :haha:

Ooh I didn't notice that but aww.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:48 AM, Tom said:

Good to hear! Our previous rules allowed for 8 images which seems unnecessarily high? Are there people who actually need to use that many? Can we roll that back to say, 1 or 2? 👀

Ooh for images whenever I use a sig, I usually use icons for mine, which is usually about 4 or 5, so I hope that is still fine to use that amount. 

17 hours ago, Tom said:

It's currently set to 2 images per signature but we can always look into increasing that. The more we put in a signature, the higher the possibility of display issues. It's more so an issue now because we're actually responsive in design (where as we only had the desktop version available before the upgrade). I'll be turning on mobile signatures soon and I want to ensure everything still looks right across all display types.

Ahh this is understandable. Thanks for explaining.

6 hours ago, Star*Man said:

We can finally have more posts than @*Wallace

Don't try me. 😘

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Ahh this is understandable. Thanks for explaining.

Don't try me. 😘

:lmao:

you probably still have the most posts even now

5 hours ago, Tom said:

I was never a huge fan of the subtitles. You can hover over a thread title to get a preview though (at least on desktops). 

I like the Hover Feature

ezgif-2-1f15a673ee96.gif

I'm sorry if this has been asked (didn't see it)....how do you access messages on the mobile version?  I do not get the envelope that I see on the standard version.

1 hour ago, sinycalone said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked (didn't see it)....how do you access messages on the mobile version?  I do not get the envelope that I see on the standard version.

This is how I do it. Click the navigation icon in the top right corner, and then it should open up more settings where you can see the envelope icon. 

1. image.thumb.png.be9f6d735a9aa19611312c6319c41248.png

2.  image.thumb.png.e5d630ff77ad5a109a04ba416e8ea467.png

6 hours ago, miss denise said:

This is how I do it. Click the navigation icon in the top right corner, and then it should open up more settings where you can see the envelope icon. 

1. image.thumb.png.be9f6d735a9aa19611312c6319c41248.png

2.  image.thumb.png.e5d630ff77ad5a109a04ba416e8ea467.png

Thank you.  It turns out, I have to hit an up arrow to get the envelope and notification icons after I click on the options, etc.

Sometimes I get an error message saying “The requested URL was not found on this server“ while I’m browsing on mobile. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by Steven_
3 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Sometimes I get an error message saying “The requested URL was not found on this server“ while I’m browsing on mobile. Anyone else experiencing this?

Me!

47 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Same