idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

New Board Features Discussion

Rate this topic

Hi, I'll suggest direct tabs to other popular topics/threads in  the navigation bar. That way new users could easily find/discover different topics they may like. 

Personal suggestions for tabs:

American Idol / The Voice / Survivor / AGT / *Sports* / *Series-Movies* / etc / etc

I know the forum isn't what it used to be in terms of people posting but that would be a nice addition, at least for me 😛

I just enabled Reactions (rating posts). You should see a heart icon to the bottom right of each post now (similar to Facebook). These will add to your reputation total which is one of the fields displayed in your profile box when you post (right above your post count).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I just enabled Reactions (rating posts). You should see a heart icon to the bottom right of each post now (similar to Facebook). These will add to your reputation total which is one of the fields displayed in your profile box when you post (right above your post count).

girllikesign.gif

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

Will probably get in trouble for saying this but I don't like this at all. Hides away before I get kicked out. 

6 hours ago, Tom said:

I LOVE THIS!

This is not a huge thing but I was wondering if there is a plan to have more than the default font in the near future? 

There are some different fonts. You just have to manually type them in. @Star*Man

Edited by jstxanothrxstory
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tom said:

That's where the +3 under my name came from. I was so lost.:rofl:

10 hours ago, *Diana said:

Will probably get in trouble for saying this but I don't like this at all. Hides away before I get kicked out. 

How come? I've always thought of them as a fun way to show you like something without having to reply. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

How come? I've always thought of them as a fun way to show you like something without having to reply. 

Just reminds me of Facebook where people can be obsessed with how many "likes" they get. I personally don't care if someone likes me but I have seen first hand how stuff like this effects mental health which is why I don't approve but ultimately it's not a big deal. 

2 hours ago, *Diana said:

Just reminds me of Facebook where people can be obsessed with how many "likes" they get. I personally don't care if someone likes me but I have seen first hand how stuff like this effects mental health which is why I don't approve but ultimately it's not a big deal. 

Thanks for your feedback. Almost every social media platform these days has something similar because it does have many positive effects as well. Unlike on some platforms, this system actually can be useful for surfacing good content on Invision. There are built-in leaderboards so people can look at what's popular on any given day.

https://idolforums.com/leaderboard/

2 hours ago, *Diana said:

I feel this way as well. >.< Although I don’t mind the “like” feature, so much as the building reputation part of it. 

• Like 1

At least we don’t have downvoting like another forum I’m on! 

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

yikes, that would be awful :omg:

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

fear2.gif.e3f47cf097d15da8da5383852a333932.gif

3 minutes ago, istersay said:

yikes, that would be awful :omg:

It’s a forum for a college football team. I’ve seen posts get 100s of downvotes! They deserved it, though. 

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The pettiness in me would live for that feature. But probably for the best. :haha:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s a forum for a college football team. I’ve seen posts get 100s of downvotes! They deserved it, though. 

1 minute ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

The pettiness in me would live for that feature. But probably for the best. :haha:

coffeespit.gif you guys

The emoji dropdown is causing my browser to freeze. Is anyone else having this issue?

18 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

The emoji dropdown is causing my browser to freeze. Is anyone else having this issue?

It's working for me (I'm using Chrome)

4 hours ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

Just tried it and it's working fine for me. Is the problem still happening for you?

Yeah. It loads eventually (I'd say around 5-6 seconds), but between clicking it and it actually loading, I get the Apple Beach Ball of death. :haha: Then once it actually loads, clicking any emojis it cause it do the same thing. Not a big deal since I can just type most of them out, but I was mostly using it to look at ones I couldn't figure out how to describe.

oh wait, do we have polls anymore? :unsure: @Tom are you tired of me buggin' you yet?  :lmao:

9 hours ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

Yeah. It loads eventually (I'd say around 5-6 seconds), but between clicking it and it actually loading, I get the Apple Beach Ball of death. :haha: Then once it actually loads, clicking any emojis it cause it do the same thing. Not a big deal since I can just type most of them out, but I was mostly using it to look at ones I couldn't figure out how to describe.

I'll have to check that on my phone later. I've only used it on my desktop PC and it's fast on there.

3 minutes ago, istersay said:

oh wait, do we have polls anymore? :unsure: @Tom are you tired of me buggin' you yet?  :lmao:

Polls are still a thing. I thought they were enabled but maybe not? I'll look into that later.