The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

20 minutes ago, RTV said:

DeSantis also issued warnings about that in his press conferences today. I think people like that he is straightforward.

Yep, he reminded people thinking about looting that Florida is a 2nd Amendment state. It’s another one of those 80/20 things. The 20% who are offended by that either weren’t going to vote for him anyway, or don’t even live in Florida. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 4:55 PM, RTV said:

I assume this FEMA Director is a Democrat, since she was hired by the Biden Admin, but I honestly can’t say for sure. To her credit, she doesn’t appear to let politics interfere with her duties. She’s very professional. Harris, on the other hand, is a joke. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure whether y’all have been following this, but they are getting stuff done at lightening speed. The temporary bridge to Pine Island should be done in a few days (they are already working on it). Now, they expect the temporary Sanibel bridge to be done by the end of October. That’s amazing. I’m sure we’ve all seen the photos of the damage. 

—-

The vast majority of residents have been reconnected to power, and all but a few in the most severely damaged areas will be connected in the next few days. A few days ago, I doubt many believed this was possible. It’s been mentioned that this is the largest disaster recovery effort since 9/11. 

Also…the lamestream media continues to be a major pain in the ass, but what else is new. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

So far, they’ve raised $35 million in 5 days, and that should keep going strong. Today, they received a $5 million donation. I suspect there will be a decent number of corporate donors wanting to be on the list. WalMart donated $1 million. 

• Like 1

And that amount doesn't count the contributions to other disaster relief funds. For example, FOX Corporation donated $1 million to the American Red Cross to support those affected by Hurricane Ian and is doubling donations made by FOX Corporation employees.

• Like 1

America's national debt has surpassed $31 trillion for the first time. The nation's total public debt outstanding closed at $31.1 trillion on Monday, according to Treasury Department data published Tuesday. Outstanding debt has climbed nearly $8 trillion since the beginning of 2020 and has jumped by $1 trillion in just eight months. The Committee for a Responsible Fiscal Budget last month estimated that Biden's policies could add $4.8 trillion to deficits between 2021 and 2031.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, season1 said:

The problem with this kind of messaging is, some people would actually think that putting violent criminals in jail is a bad idea and they vote for the "progressives".

At a minimum, it could turn out more progressives. LOL. I’ve seen some of their other ads. This isn’t one one their better ones (even though it’s true). 

2 hours ago, season1 said:

The problem with this kind of messaging is, some people would actually think that putting violent criminals in jail is a bad idea and they vote for the "progressives".

I don't understand how anyone (except the criminals themselves) could think keeping violent criminals in jail is a bad idea.